Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  230 231 [232] 233 234   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 9:32:42 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

It might sound odd, but people probably aren’t talking enough about the potential shift in approach among the special teams units. During his career, new special teams coordinator Marwan Maalouf has worked with several top-tier minds, including John Harbaugh and Darren Rizzi. During his most recent stop, the Dolphins had one of the top punt-block percentages in the NFL. Their twist schemes were very difficult to handle and caused chaos. While Maalouf was an assistant in Miami, the Dolphins finished top-five in punt-block percentage every year, including a first-place finish in 2014 (4.92%). Collectively, during his one season as special teams coordinator with the Colts, his units ranked 12th in special teams efficiency, according to Football Outsiders.

http://www.mnvikingscorner.com/2019/07/storylines-to-watch-during-vikings.html

According to Football Outsiders the Vikes special teams rankings under Mike Priefer 2011-2018 - 27, 5, 6, 10, 4, 10, 18, 20

If youre going to be a homophobe you need to have better numbers than that

How many teams got to use a #1 draft pick as their kick returner season after season?

Excuses, excuses. He had a top 10 Special teams five years in a row. That is very successful.

Depends, when nearly every kicker you have, including very successful pro kickers, comes in and becomes a quivering pile of fear every time they kick...well, that's on coaching.

Walsh, Carlson, Bailey. The guy tweaked where he didn't need to. and made his kickers lack confidence in themselves.

Coverage and return units were good to be sure, but to be the best ST coach, the kicking part of it still has to be good too.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5776
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 9:39:37 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

re: it's too bad the nfl is so hard-nosed about something like marijuana

Too bad he can't stop smoking it when he knows his earning millions depends on he do just that.

If i take a puff, get pee tested, lose my CDL, lose my job, reputation suffers in this small rural community i live in, how many of you are going to feel sorry for me because it's just marijuana?

In my best old-guy-protecting-his-grass (pun intended) voice ….
"you've got the rest of your life to smoke pot, son …."

Right! If I can only make it till June!

edit: took me a second on the pun (very funny stuff!)

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 7/26/2019 9:46:21 AM >
Post #: 5777
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 9:40:51 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

Too bad he can't stop smoking it when he knows his earning millions depends on he do just that.

If i take a puff, get pee tested, lose my CDL, lose my job, reputation suffers in this small rural community i live in, how many of you are going to feel sorry for me because it's just marijuana?

Ouch! Someone gave me the ol' 1 star.

ha ha!
Post #: 5778
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 10:48:18 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

Sounds like #Vikings rookie WR Dillon Mitchell had an impressive day during the team’s first practice yesterday

(Adam Patrick on Twitter)

Finally happening.

Second best rookie WR fer sure!

That's very good considering how many WRs were drafted this year. I think it was at least 30. However I think he can be the best Rookie WR.

NOW yer dreamin'.
Post #: 5779
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 12:05:44 PM   
Bruce Johnson

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/26/vikings-work-out-cornerback-morris-claiborne/

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 5780
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 12:07:00 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

yes...i already do feel sorry for you...it's bullshit for you and for nfl players...alcohol is the real killer....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 5781
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 12:07:47 PM   
Bruce Johnson

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/7/26/8931794/minnesota-vikings-training-camp-morning-practice-roundup-day-one

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 5782
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 12:10:29 PM   
ratoppenheimer

i didn't see bower making our final 53 this year, but he could have with another team....

Ben Goessling@GoesslingStrib
Bower tore his Achilles while working out on his own, Zimmer said. That’s why he’s on NFI instead of PUP. “But we did it the right way,” Zimmer said. “We didn’t take money away from him.”

Post #: 5783
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 12:14:13 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Chris Tomasson@christomasson
#Vikings coach Mike Zimmer when I asked him about Holton Hill's latest suspension: "I really don't have much thoughts on it,'' Zimmer said. "Disappointed is not a good word for me. ... We don't know if he's going to make the team. So we'll just see how that goes.''

#Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said that he is beyond disappointed that Holton Hill got another four-game suspension but didn't say too much about it. On it hurting CB depth, said he doesn't even know if Hill and others at CB will make the team.

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 7/26/2019 12:17:58 PM >

Post #: 5784
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 12:20:48 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/26/vikings-work-out-cornerback-morris-claiborne/

claiborne made $7m last year with the jets....

Post #: 5785
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 12:48:01 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

It's a bit surreal to think of picking up Claiborne on a cheap deal. I remember he was talked about as a possible pick for the Vikings that year instead of Matt Kalil. Neither one of them turned out well.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 5786
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 1:36:18 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Less and less promising that Hughes will be ready when the season begins.

http://www.skornorth.com/vikings-2/2019/07/coming-clean-vikings-reveal-extent-of-mike-hughes-knee-injury/

Post #: 5787
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 1:38:17 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

It's a bit surreal to think of picking up Claiborne on a cheap deal. I remember he was talked about as a possible pick for the Vikings that year instead of Matt Kalil. Neither one of them turned out well.

i wonder if spielman gets an idea of what kind of money claiborne is looking for before inviting him over...perhaps he gives us a discount because we're a contender....

Post #: 5788
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 1:40:20 PM   
joejitsu

Bower is out with a torn heel. That injury sounds painful! I thought he would help us out this season.

< Message edited by joejitsu -- 7/26/2019 1:41:53 PM >
Post #: 5789
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 2:03:11 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

http://www.skornorth.com/vikings-2/2019/07/coming-clean-vikings-reveal-extent-of-mike-hughes-knee-injury/

No surprise, even to the anti-Waynes crowd.

No wonder Zimmer was talking up having a bunch of safeties playing, he sure as hell doesn't have many CBs. If Rhodes begins his annual injury tour early this year we'll be up sh** creek.
Post #: 5790
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 2:11:20 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

No wonder Zimmer was talking up having a bunch of safeties playing, he sure as hell doesn't have many CBs. If Rhodes begins his annual injury tour early this year we'll be up sh** creek.

Holton Hill I don't believe can practice with the team when his eight game suspension kicks in.
Meaning he probably won't be up to speed until after a couple weeks of practice with the caveat that he is still on the team.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 5791
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 2:23:11 PM   
Pager

Why would we cut Hill right away? To send a message? To the other 53 players that didn't get suspended?

He won't take a roster spot, will get no salary during suspension (no cap impact). We don't know what our CB situation will look like midway through the season (is Hughes back, other injuries, etc?)

I have no problem with NFL players smoking, as stated alcohol is the real killer. New info is coming out on cannabinoids all the time.

Maybe it's because I live in Colorado. But I am also subject to drug tests being in healthcare.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 5792
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 2:28:59 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

Holton Hill I don't believe can practice with the team when his eight game suspension kicks in.
Meaning he probably won't be up to speed until after a couple weeks of practice with the caveat that he is still on the team.

He can practice (and even play) through the preseason, but after that nothing until the suspension is lifted.
Post #: 5793
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 2:30:04 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

Why would we cut Hill right away? To send a message? To the other 53 players that didn't get suspended?

He won't take a roster spot, will get no salary during suspension (no cap impact). We don't know what our CB situation will look like midway through the season (is Hughes back, other injuries, etc?)

I have no problem with NFL players smoking, as stated alcohol is the real killer. New info is coming out on cannabinoids all the time.

Maybe it's because I live in Colorado. But I am also subject to drug tests being in healthcare.

Exactly. There is no reason to drop him that quickly. May as well hold onto him during the suspension and only cut him loose if he is unnecessary later.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5794
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 3:32:56 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

yes...i already do feel sorry for you...it's bullshit for you and for nfl players...alcohol is the real killer....

It is a killer! That's why I haven't had a drink in 33 years.

Marijuana's a real killer, too, if you have a job that requires you to stay clean. If you work for the NFL making millions and get high you're a first class idiot. Kind of ridiculous imo to feel sorry for someone who makes a choice that getting high is worth the risk of not earning that kind of money.

Im retiring in June with a state pension. I can get high all i want at that time with little consequence if I want. But Ill be damned if I'm going to jeopardize anything I've earned up till now because some people think it's stupid that it's illegal

Life is full of choices. Follow the rules or dont follow them. Up to you.
Post #: 5795
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 3:36:47 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Vikings Corner@VikingsCorner
Kris Boyd was seeing second-team reps at CB. On first-team, Jalyn Holmes was at 3-tech with Jaleel Johnson at nose. With second-team, Mata'afa was at 3-tech next to Armon Watts. Dakota Dozier has been working at LG with the 2's. #Vikings

Jordan Taylor and Chad Beebe have been rotating at WR3 throughout practice. #Vikings

Jayron Kearse with diving interception of Sean Mannion pass.

Post #: 5796
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 3:39:51 PM   
David Levine

The more picks Mannion throws, the better.
Post #: 5797
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 3:50:00 PM   
ratoppenheimer

OL first-team: Reiff-Elflein-Bradbury-Klein, O'Neill. Second-team: Collins-Dozier-Jones-Isidora-Hill.
Third-team: Norton-Keenoy-Edison- Samia-Udoh #Vikings

Daniel House@DanielHouseNFL
So many players taking punt return reps: Jordan Taylor, Davion Davis, Henderson, Beebe, Mitchell, Holton Hill, Bisi Johnson, Craig James. #Vikings

Post #: 5798
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 4:10:27 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

He can practice (and even play) through the preseason, but after that nothing until the suspension is lifted.

I think he will need a couple weeks after the eight week layoff to get back up to speed.

So Idt he will be effective until about week 10 (depending when our bye is).

I'm not advocating we cut him. As previously stated let's see where are cb health is at after week eight and decide from there.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 5799
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 4:40:43 PM   
David Levine

The stink of Preifer remains strong...

Andrew Krammer@Andrew_Krammer
Rough first day of camp for #Vikings kicker Dan Bailey, who made 4 of 7 attempts, missing from 39, 41 and 47 yards during team field goal sessions.
Post #: 5800
Page:   <<   < prev  230 231 [232] 233 234   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  230 231 [232] 233 234   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode