Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/13/2018 6:46:04 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Happy Norseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/story/_/id/25507705/2019-nfl-draft-nuggets-all-32-teams-need-know#min

Minnesota Vikings (6-6-1)
Projected pick: No. 22

It goes without saying that the Vikings need to dedicate a heavy dose of draft capital to fixing the offensive line. It was an issue that wasn't addressed until the second round in 2018, and rookie right tackle Brian O'Neill is playing much earlier than anyone expected. Upgrading their interior spots is imperative, given how overmatched Tom Compton has been at left guard, though the Vikings hope they'll get Nick Easton back in 2019 after neck surgery ended his season in training camp. Minnesota could elect to move on from Mike Remmers, who was paid well to be the Vikings' right tackle before moving inside to right guard where he has struggled. With the potential for departures and a need to improve across the board, it's crucial for the Vikings to attempt to do something in free agency -- even though their current cap structure will limit paying big bucks for a marquee offensive lineman -- and most certainly in the draft. -- Courtney Cronin

Not sure what Courtney is talking about. Once we dump Remmers, Barr, Treadwell and Sendejo, and gain the Floyd money we'll have $27 million to play with. Throw in Rudolph and we're close to $35 million and that's without restructures and shedding more dead weight. No reason we can't sign top FA guards. For example:

out:
Remmers....$4.5m
Barr....$0...no '19 contract
Treadwell...$0 - his money is guaranteed
Sendejo....$5.5m
Rudolph....$7.6m

in:
(FA) Rodger Saffold (G) ($12.5 mil)
(FA) Ben Garland (G) ($6 mil)
(FA) Nick Easton (vet minimum deal)

(FA) Jared Cook (TE) ($7 mil)

draft (rounds 1-3):
Dalton Risner (T)
Beau Benzschawel (G)
Caleb Wilson (TE)

Win Superbowl!

your 'out' money....$17.6m

your 'in' money....($25.5m)

'19 draft pool....($5m)

existing '19 cap space....$9.1m

your present balance of '19 cap space....($3.8m)

you need to save more money

what about:
grifffen....$10.7 - or restructure
waynes....$9m - or extend

things to consider:
linebacker - we need a starting linebacker to replace barr - wilson?
what about sheldon richardson?

While Barr may be a FA next year, we still realize a "savings" of $10MM+ by not having to pay him next year. Like I said, there's more dead weight and restructured deals to be done, but my point was that by just dumping a handful of players we can address our offensive line issues once and for all. In a perfect world, we're able to do it while still retaining a guy like Richardson, but if its a choice between putting together a good to great oline, versus signing Richardson or Tom Johnson, I'm taking the oline.

According to Sportrac, we only have about 9 million under the cap next year. That includes the project increase of the cap, and doesn't include our own FA's like Barr, Richardson, Harris, Murray, Johnson, Easton, our P, our K, etc... Not signing Barr doesn't give us an extra $10 mil toward that total of 9 mil that we already have. So everyone who is signed plus dead cap money is already 181 million and the cap is project at 190. We have the 3rd least amount of cap space for next year. Philadelphia and Jacksonville are over the cap by 12 and 13 million respectively.

We do have candidates to free up cap space.
Sendejo is a no-brainer. 5.5 million.
Rudolph a great guy but too expensive for what he does 7.625
Waynes melon issues 9
Griffen should be negotiated down or cut, up to 10.7
Remmers 4.5
Cutting Treadwell doesn't save any money, just opens a roster spot.

If we cut those 5, we save 37.325 million roughly. I'd be OK with keeping Rudolph and Griff and a reduced price tag for 1 more year.

Of our own FA's I'd like to keep Richardson and Harris if possible, Johnson wouldn't be bad either if reasonable. Barr and Murray can walk.

We do have some cap issues to deal with, time for Rob Brzezinski to work some magic.

Harris is a RFA, similar to Easton last yr. We can keep him or would get a good return on him (ie 2nd round tender).

I agree with the rest (who to try and let go and keep) except Waynes. Hughes would have to be 100% and we are confident Hill can take another step forward. 9M is not expensive for a starting QB, imo.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 751
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/13/2018 7:29:30 PM   
Ricky J

Vikings Territory

@vikingterritory
1h1 hour ago
More
Chad Beebe Returns to Practice, #Vikings Near Full Strength https://vikingsterritory.com/2018/injuries/chad-beebe-returns-to-practice-vikings-near-full-strength

-------

That's nice.

But seriously, I don't see how anyone can have any kind of read on how this is going to play out ...
Post #: 752
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/13/2018 9:00:52 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/story/_/id/25507705/2019-nfl-draft-nuggets-all-32-teams-need-know#min

Minnesota Vikings (6-6-1)
Projected pick: No. 22

It goes without saying that the Vikings need to dedicate a heavy dose of draft capital to fixing the offensive line. It was an issue that wasn't addressed until the second round in 2018, and rookie right tackle Brian O'Neill is playing much earlier than anyone expected. Upgrading their interior spots is imperative, given how overmatched Tom Compton has been at left guard, though the Vikings hope they'll get Nick Easton back in 2019 after neck surgery ended his season in training camp. Minnesota could elect to move on from Mike Remmers, who was paid well to be the Vikings' right tackle before moving inside to right guard where he has struggled. With the potential for departures and a need to improve across the board, it's crucial for the Vikings to attempt to do something in free agency -- even though their current cap structure will limit paying big bucks for a marquee offensive lineman -- and most certainly in the draft. -- Courtney Cronin

Not sure what Courtney is talking about. Once we dump Remmers, Barr, Treadwell and Sendejo, and gain the Floyd money we'll have $27 million to play with. Throw in Rudolph and we're close to $35 million and that's without restructures and shedding more dead weight. No reason we can't sign top FA guards. For example:

out:
Remmers....$4.5m
Barr....$0...no '19 contract
Treadwell...$0 - his money is guaranteed
Sendejo....$5.5m
Rudolph....$7.6m

in:
(FA) Rodger Saffold (G) ($12.5 mil)
(FA) Ben Garland (G) ($6 mil)
(FA) Nick Easton (vet minimum deal)

(FA) Jared Cook (TE) ($7 mil)

draft (rounds 1-3):
Dalton Risner (T)
Beau Benzschawel (G)
Caleb Wilson (TE)

Win Superbowl!

your 'out' money....$17.6m

your 'in' money....($25.5m)

'19 draft pool....($5m)

existing '19 cap space....$9.1m

your present balance of '19 cap space....($3.8m)

you need to save more money

what about:
grifffen....$10.7 - or restructure
waynes....$9m - or extend

things to consider:
linebacker - we need a starting linebacker to replace barr - wilson?
what about sheldon richardson?

While Barr may be a FA next year, we still realize a "savings" of $10MM+ by not having to pay him next year. Like I said, there's more dead weight and restructured deals to be done, but my point was that by just dumping a handful of players we can address our offensive line issues once and for all. In a perfect world, we're able to do it while still retaining a guy like Richardson, but if its a choice between putting together a good to great oline, versus signing Richardson or Tom Johnson, I'm taking the oline.

According to Sportrac, we only have about 9 million under the cap next year. That includes the project increase of the cap, and doesn't include our own FA's like Barr, Richardson, Harris, Murray, Johnson, Easton, our P, our K, etc... Not signing Barr doesn't give us an extra $10 mil toward that total of 9 mil that we already have. So everyone who is signed plus dead cap money is already 181 million and the cap is project at 190. We have the 3rd least amount of cap space for next year. Philadelphia and Jacksonville are over the cap by 12 and 13 million respectively.

We do have candidates to free up cap space.
Sendejo is a no-brainer. 5.5 million.
Rudolph a great guy but too expensive for what he does 7.625
Waynes melon issues 9
Griffen should be negotiated down or cut, up to 10.7
Remmers 4.5
Cutting Treadwell doesn't save any money, just opens a roster spot.

If we cut those 5, we save 37.325 million roughly. I'd be OK with keeping Rudolph and Griff and a reduced price tag for 1 more year.

Of our own FA's I'd like to keep Richardson and Harris if possible, Johnson wouldn't be bad either if reasonable. Barr and Murray can walk.

We do have some cap issues to deal with, time for Rob Brzezinski to work some magic.

Harris is a RFA, similar to Easton last yr. We can keep him or would get a good return on him (ie 2nd round tender).

I agree with the rest (who to try and let go and keep) except Waynes. Hughes would have to be 100% and we are confident Hill can take another step forward. 9M is not expensive for a starting QB, imo.

Certainly depends on the health of Hughes and agree that at $9 mil he isn't too expensive. I question his health and and he's one of few places you can save a lot of cap space without a dead cap hit. We have a lot of holes to fill with whatever money we free up, I think we'll need the $9 mil elsewhere if Hughes can be counted on to start the season. Otherwise I'm OK with his production for his price.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 753
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/13/2018 11:53:32 PM   
marty

Priefer is perhaps insane, for sure he is an @$$hole, and not a guy that brings about quality play, he will likely have players that make mistakes and underperform.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 754
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/14/2018 12:12:43 AM  1 votes
Daniel Lee Young

Good news.. defilipo gone, better news from my POV.. no more reading purple embarrassment avatar dudes
POS ts..

enough is enough

See ya, never gonna read ya...

Oh. Btw Todd M .. that feeling you are experiencing is called the ageing process of a true Vikings fan...

kinda like a good single malt whiskey..

We bleed purple, we wear our colors even after getting embarrassed in any game at any time of the season, we always think we are gonna win easily at kickoff.. we lash out in anger at stupid plays and turnovers and missed opportunities to score or stick the dagger in and twist it..

You will come to terms with it..

It is like the blood lust a vampire feels amongst the human fodder..

Only one way to quench it and many, many of us, have and will, probably meet their final destination without that quenching satisfaction of the one real victory.

It weighs on you but it also anchors you, knowing you are not alone on that longship, breaking your back against the oars when the winds are in your face and the goal and glory is upwind all the way...

SKOL!

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 755
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/14/2018 1:15:13 AM   
ratoppenheimer

spotrac shows harris as an ufa in '19 and in his rfa year in '18 ---- i'd transition tag him as he's hard to put a number on.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 756
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/14/2018 7:04:32 AM   
Ricky J

I went to bed thinking I"m not going to be surprised if SD wins. But still when I check the score it's like, "Wow!"

Most crazy season ever. Come on, Vikes! Provide us with some crazy good stuff - we're worthy aren't we?
Post #: 757
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/14/2018 7:50:28 AM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Good news.. defilipo gone, better news from my POV.. no more reading purple embarrassment avatar dudes
POS ts..

enough is enough

Oh. Btw Todd M .. that feeling you are experiencing is called the ageing process of a true Vikings fan...

We bleed purple, we wear our colors even after getting embarrassed in any game at any time of the season, we always think we are gonna win easily at kickoff.. we lash out in anger at stupid plays and turnovers and missed opportunities to score or stick the dagger in and twist it..

Only one way to quench it and many, many of us, have and will, probably meet their final destination without that quenching satisfaction of the one real victory.

It weighs on you but it also anchors you, knowing you are not alone on that longship, breaking your back against the oars when the winds are in your face and the goal and glory is upwind all the way...

SKOL!

+1, Dan. I'm in it until it's over, either for the team or for me!
Post #: 758
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/14/2018 11:01:06 AM  1 votes
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

POS ts..

enough is enough

SKOL!

+1, Dan. I'm in it until it's over, either for the team or for me!

There are many ways to "fan", but I have to say I truly don't get the negative "fans". To me, the biggest part of the fun is giving yourself over to pulling for/believing in the team with no regard for---or even in spite of---all reason. And once a guy is a Viking, he's my guy, unless he's an abhorrent asshole (but even then....).

So, needless to say, I'm thinking we can win seven more games this year.....
Post #: 759
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/14/2018 11:50:45 AM   
Ricky J

Viking.com videos

Question: Do you expect to see more runs?

Matt Birk: ... maybe a couple more but you are who you are. This team is at it's best when you throw to set up the run.

Zim's coaching record with running (I'm sure many of you have seen it but here it is anyway):

20+ runs a game, record is 45-14
-20 runs a game, 0-16-1
Post #: 760
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/14/2018 12:38:40 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Viking.com videos

Matt Birk: ... maybe a couple more but you are who you are. This team is at it's best when you throw to set up the run.

Zim's coaching record with running (I'm sure many of you have seen it but here it is anyway):

-20 runs a game, 0-16-1

The old "why run and try to win 13-10 in this new age NFL?" will come up.

When actually if we run well we can play action and get medium to deep shots with passing game.

Vikes 41 Dolphins 17
Post #: 761
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/14/2018 1:34:48 PM   
The Happy Norseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Viking.com videos

-20 runs a game, 0-16-1

When actually if we run well we can play action and get medium to deep shots with passing game.

Vikes 41 Dolphins 17

On the positive side, it seems like our defense is playing a lot better recently than they were earlier in the year. Not seeing wide open guys all over the field like we did in the Rams and Bills games.

On Sunday, if the Vikings go with play action at least 25% of the time, and we run some plays to the outside, instead of up the middle for no gain, I think Cousins will look a lot more like the player he did earlier in the season. Fingers crossed.

If the Cubs can win the World Series...
Post #: 762
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/14/2018 1:35:10 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

Viking.com videos

-20 runs a game, 0-16-1

Vikes 41 Dolphins 17

Wow! Don't make foolish forecasts like this just to attempt to prove you're a bigger Vikings fan than another. This is as close to insane as you possibly be.

Vikings 23 Dolphins 20

And this is a stretch predicting a Vikings victory.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 763
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/14/2018 1:42:33 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

Viking.com videos

-20 runs a game, 0-16-1

Vikes 41 Dolphins 17

Wow! Don't make foolish forecasts like this just to attempt to prove you're a bigger Vikings fan than another. This is as close to insane as you possibly be.

Vikings 23 Dolphins 20

Who hurt you?
Post #: 764
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/14/2018 3:05:49 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

Viking.com videos

-20 runs a game, 0-16-1

Vikes 41 Dolphins 17

Vikings 23 Dolphins 20

Who hurt you?

The Vikings have scored exactly 41 points in their last three games including a victory vs. GB. Let's at least keep things in perspective. I suppose you could predict that Kirk Cousins will run for over 100 yards vs. Miami and score three TD rushing in doing so. And that would not be any more ridiculous.

Post #: 765
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/14/2018 3:09:34 PM  1 votes
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Viking.com videos

-20 runs a game, 0-16-1

Vikes 41 Dolphins 17

Vikings 23 Dolphins 20

Who hurt you?

The Vikings have scored exactly 41 points in their last three games including a victory vs. GB. Let's at least keep things in perspective. I suppose you could predict that Kirk Cousins will run for over 100 yards vs. Miami and score three TD rushing in doing so. And that would not be any more ridiculous.

Like I'm only talking about this isolated post...

Mark, I've been posting with you for a long time (decades?), and the only time your posts aren't full of anger and bile is when you're talking about shooting tons of parakeets...

Do you enjoy sports at all? Ever?

If a team doesn't play an absolutely perfect game, do you only see the negatives?

It seems like a horrible way to be a "fan". What's the point?
Post #: 766
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/14/2018 3:10:37 PM   
David Levine

Nick Olson@NicholasJOlson
Stefon Diggs currently has 88 catches without a single drop.

That is the most catches without a drop in a single season that Pro Football Focus has ever recorded.
Post #: 767
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/14/2018 3:43:17 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Viking.com videos

-20 runs a game, 0-16-1

Vikes 41 Dolphins 17

Vikings 23 Dolphins 20

Who hurt you?

Like I'm only talking about this isolated post...

Mark, I've been posting with you for a long time (decades?), and the only time your posts aren't full of anger and bile is when you're talking about shooting tons of parakeets...

Do you enjoy sports at all? Ever?

If a team doesn't play an absolutely perfect game, do you only see the negatives?

It seems like a horrible way to be a "fan". What's the point?

I would like ANY MN Sports franchise to step forward and win a championship. Thank goodness that the MN Lynx provided an appetizer to the MN Sports scene. And they did it FOUR TIMES! Can any of the Vikings, Twins, Wolves and Wild step forward and become a champion? Will I live to see the day? Will the people on this forum a generation behind me see the day? I guess the frustration factor has long since boiled over for me. I don't want to be so negative but I/we have been kicked in the nuts and lied to with excuse after excuse, coach after coach, player after player, owner after owner, for so long you simply become numb after a point in time.

Sorry for being a sour puss. I will try to be a bit more positive. I am predicting a Vikings victory against Miami. It will be a close game, as it should be. Miami has a good team.

Post #: 768
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/14/2018 3:49:41 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

That is the most catches without a drop in a single season that Pro Football Focus has ever recorded.

Now that is impressive. What is the rating factor? Where do they draw the line for a "catch-able" ball? That has to be somewhat subjective. IOW, a ball that touches the hands could be considered a catch-able ball. However, what if the player leaps off the ground in order to reach the ball and it goes off his finger tips? Or similarly, what if the player catches that same difficult throw that most would say is NOT considered a catch-able ball? Does that catch get added to the total? Probably. But if the player were to not catch that throw, does that stop the streak?

Post #: 769
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/14/2018 3:56:04 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

Now that is impressive. What is the rating factor? Where do they draw the line for a "catch-able" ball? That has to be somewhat subjective. IOW, a ball that touches the hands could be considered a catch-able ball. However, what if the player leaps off the ground in order to reach the ball and it goes off his finger tips? Or similarly, what if the player catches that same difficult throw that most would say is NOT considered a catch-able ball? Does that catch get added to the total? Probably. But if the player were to not catch that throw, does that stop the streak?

Its from PFF, and they're pretty strict about "catchable balls". Their definition is simply "passes that could be caught by a receiver".
Post #: 770
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/14/2018 4:28:27 PM  1 votes
Terry Stoneberg

My 1 cent. (not worth 2).

When Turner left, and Shurmer took over, it was a breath of fresh air because I could no longer guess what the next play would be with any certainty, and neither could opposing defenses.

Then Shurmer went to NY and we got Flip. I hoped maybe we would see some of the creativity that Philly had last year. But after 1 half of the first game I thought, Turner is back at the helm. Not because Flip called the game like Turner, but because, like the Turner era, I was beginning to successfully guess what the next play call would be no matter what the situation. At the beginning of the season I thought perhaps Flip was just getting used to the tools at his disposal. I also didn't mind so much because we won more than we lost. But I got the horrible feeling that when we did well on offense it was because of the truly breathtaking skills of Theilen and Diggs and even Cook and Cousins to some extent, not to an OC creatively exploiting the strengths of all his players.

I'm going to be watching the Stefanski era with great interest because I'm hoping for a return to the unpredictability of the Shurmer era. After all, Shurmer wanted him as the Giants OC (very good sign to me).

FWIW, it seemed to me that Flip was unwilling or unable to bend his scheme to the skills of our players. I'm an old O-Line guy and unlike most of you I see a fair amount of skill in that group that has never been used as well as it was during the Shurmer era, especially in the running game. It's as though the way to get better is to strengthen the things at which you are weakest instead of perfecting the things that you do well. If you are not good at zone blocking don't use the game to practice your zone skills. (In fact don't even use the weekly practices to improve your weaknesses. Do that only in training camp.) If you've got a quy who excels in down blocking but is weak in handling a strong speed rusher in pass protection, don't put him on an island against Kalil Mack with a straight drop back.

I watched the Chiefs game last night with a couple of friends who are Chiefs fans and I couldn't help but notice, I believe there are a lot of weakness on that offense, but Andy Reid simply never calls any of the plays that would expose any of them. That Chief's offense is dynamite, but their defense will do them in...shades of the 98 Vikings.

Anyway if Stefanski turns it around, I won't be surprised. I'll be very, very happy.
Post #: 771
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/14/2018 4:53:25 PM   
Todd M

If we still had pennies in Canada I'd toss you 3 for that, Terry.
Post #: 772
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/14/2018 5:15:55 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I know that we all plan on seeing more rushes this Sunday, but with the Dolphin's best corner out, it could be better going through the air. I see Morgan is still questionable. Whenever he is back and 100% I expect the running game to take off.

So my prediction is that the Vikings will throw the ball downfield more than in the past and will do well at home. I predict a one sided affair as the Dolphins are basking in their Miami Miracle. We all remember what happened after the Minnesota Miracle.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/12/14/18141537/miami-dolphins-minnesota-vikings-final-injury-reports

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 773
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/14/2018 5:16:21 PM   
The Happy Norseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terry Stoneberg

My 1 cent. (not worth 2).

When Turner left, and Shurmer took over, it was a breath of fresh air because I could no longer guess what the next play would be with any certainty, and neither could opposing defenses.

Then Shurmer went to NY and we got Flip. I hoped maybe we would see some of the creativity that Philly had last year. But after 1 half of the first game I thought, Turner is back at the helm. Not because Flip called the game like Turner, but because, like the Turner era, I was beginning to successfully guess what the next play call would be no matter what the situation. At the beginning of the season I thought perhaps Flip was just getting used to the tools at his disposal. I also didn't mind so much because we won more than we lost. But I got the horrible feeling that when we did well on offense it was because of the truly breathtaking skills of Theilen and Diggs and even Cook and Cousins to some extent, not to an OC creatively exploiting the strengths of all his players.

I'm going to be watching the Stefanski era with great interest because I'm hoping for a return to the unpredictability of the Shurmer era. After all, Shurmer wanted him as the Giants OC (very good sign to me).

FWIW, it seemed to me that Flip was unwilling or unable to bend his scheme to the skills of our players. I'm an old O-Line guy and unlike most of you I see a fair amount of skill in that group that has never been used as well as it was during the Shurmer era, especially in the running game. It's as though the way to get better is to strengthen the things at which you are weakest instead of perfecting the things that you do well. If you are not good at zone blocking don't use the game to practice your zone skills. (In fact don't even use the weekly practices to improve your weaknesses. Do that only in training camp.) If you've got a quy who excels in down blocking but is weak in handling a strong speed rusher in pass protection, don't put him on an island against Kalil Mack with a straight drop back.

I watched the Chiefs game last night with a couple of friends who are Chiefs fans and I couldn't help but notice, I believe there are a lot of weakness on that offense, but Andy Reid simply never calls any of the plays that would expose any of them. That Chief's offense is dynamite, but their defense will do them in...shades of the 98 Vikings.

Anyway if Stefanski turns it around, I won't be surprised. I'll be very, very happy.

Pretty much what the Seahawks said after the game. They knew what plays were coming.

Terry, win or lose on Sunday (I expect a win) please share your thoughts on the play calling after the game. I'm expecting a more "Shurmer-like" approach, but we'll see. I'll be curious to hear if you're able to guess the play calls in advance with Stefanski running the show.

Post #: 774
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/14/2018 5:18:49 PM   
The Happy Norseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I know that we all plan on seeing more rushes this Sunday, but with the Dolphin's best corner out, it could be better going through the air. I see Morgan is still questionable. Whenever he is back and 100% I expect the running game to take off.

So my prediction is that the Vikings will throw the ball downfield more than in the past and will do well at home. I predict a one sided affair as the Dolphins are basking in their Miami Miracle. We all remember what happened after the Minnesota Miracle.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/12/14/18141537/miami-dolphins-minnesota-vikings-final-injury-reports

I expect to see a lot more CJ Ham as well. With Morgan out we need another versatile guy in there who can block, catch and run. Especially block...

Post #: 775
Page:   <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode