Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  34 35 [36] 37 38   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2018 9:40:11 PM   
Pager

Houston will be tough for Eagles.

Washington not so much.

Rams losing increases chances Bears have something to play for week 17.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 876
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2018 9:46:50 PM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Can we stay the course and end up in Dallas please?

We would have to get some help from Seattle.

They heard you. You gotta figure they are in tough against the Chiefs with the Chiefs fully invested on finishing strong. And Detroit should be checked out/we're better so if things go according to plan we will be in the drivers seat for the 5 spot.

Get through Dallas and get one surprise win the following week and we're right back to where we were last year. Even if we had to do it the hard way. Wouldn't that be fun though? Teams have done it. And it would be the opposite of the way we've always done it. Look good then fall hard. We've already fallen so let's try to finish perfectly.

Ah yes, struggle through the season to get things going only to catch fire in the playoffs and make a run all the way. I like it!

Everyone on this forum is setting themselves up for yet another Vikings let down. It could come as early as next Sunday vs. Detroit. And the Bears would like nothing more than to ruin any last regular season playoff type game. The Vikings will have to win on the road starting next week. We shall see how this team performs away from US Bank stadium.

Exactly!

Who in their right mind would:
a) cheer for their favorite team
b) enjoy a pretty darn nice win
c) hope for the best

Post #: 877
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2018 9:50:18 PM   
Pager

Foles with a bad pick

Post #: 878
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2018 10:06:27 PM   
beo

Couple notes after watching highlights:

1) This is the Dalvin Cook we hoped for when he was drafted... great vision, lateral cuts and burst
2) Morgan and Ham deserve a lot of credit in the run game... that Murray TD owed a lot to them...
3) TE stayed in to protect on the bomb to Aldrick Robinson
4) Defense stayed aggressive late... like more than 4 rushers very late into the game

I don't think we are suddenly "all better" and some kind of juggernaut... I think the Dolphins aren't very good and made a ton of mistakes today...

That being said, 2,3,4 are very very encouraging to see.

Why the hell it takes our coaching staff so long to figure out I have no idea.
I pray they stick with the trend above... but we'll see.

p.s.
Barr played great... most dominate game I can remember for quite a while.
Kendricks continues to make some big mistakes... like the long run... I thought he was our most reliable LB last year... no idea what's up with that.

p.s.s. Speaking of long run... I think Dolphins have a real player in that Bellange kid... good cuts and gets up to afterburners fast!
Post #: 879
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2018 10:43:59 PM   
Pager

I was pissed at Kendricks too on the first reply of the long run. Turns out it was the play call. Zimmer was trying to overload to one side, the side they weren't running to. Mac and Harris didn't do a great job (i think - have to see the coach's tape) on the back end.

Post #: 880
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 12:09:07 AM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

I was pissed at Kendricks too on the first reply of the long run. Turns out it was the play call. Zimmer was trying to overload to one side, the side they weren't running to. Mac and Harris didn't do a great job (i think - have to see the coach's tape) on the back end.

Interesting... it may be just one of those plays where they called the right play against our defense.
Post #: 881
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 1:02:44 AM   
ratoppenheimer

right now every game is meaningful - this is why being a sports fan is fun...the vikings have been my team for five decades and win or lose, i've always loved being a fan...if i die without them ever winning a super bowl i don't give a shit - the ride has been a gas, baby....

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 12/17/2018 1:03:44 AM >

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 882
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 1:10:01 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

Certainly based on Cooks latest performances 'healthy', there is no reason to believe that he will approach anything like the level the Alvin Kamara's of the league have shown.

cook is for real....

also, hughes was on the field walking around during warmups yesterday - looks like he's progressing very well....

barr playing this well is going to make some offseason decisions difficult...barr or richardson? - can we sign both? - i think so...this is the way he should have been used - guy could probably have 12 sacks a year - every year....

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 12/17/2018 5:21:28 AM >

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 883
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 7:29:55 AM   
Todd M

I spent some time wishing the Bears could get to week 17 with nothing to play for. But if we need it and they just want it let's see how much their willing to put on the line. Also adv us being at home.

Gonna be an exciting 2 weeks all across the league. Let's just get the next two and worry about the rest when we get to tune in WC weekend.
Post #: 884
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 7:32:01 AM   
Todd M

I guess there is a realistic scenario where we can lock up a playoff spot next week. I'd just as soon see that happen.

I want in!
Post #: 885
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 8:11:55 AM   
Trekgeekscott

OK, my opinion on the game. Utterly dominated the first Quarter. Why can't they do this for FOUR quarters?
Defense was unbelievable with the exception of one play. I think they got caught out of position... but the Dolphins never scored another point after that play. and Tannehill was on his back most of the day. Our guys were all over him.
At the end of the first quarter I was ready to take the "interim" tag off of Stefanski. But the end of the third quarter I was ready to add it back on. Like many games this season our Offense hit a lull in the middle of the game and couldn't seem to do shit. Like they can adapt to what the Dolphins D was doing. Then they got more aggressive again and pulled away. It was beautiful in the end. But that midgame lull needs to be much shorter. Cousins, Stefanski and Zimmer need to recognize just what the opposing defense is doing and take advantage of it.

All in all a win is a win and in many aspects we dominated this game. But a couple dipshit calls and dumb throws and blown assignments allows the fins back in this game after it looked like we were going to stomp them.

I like winning and I like winning big but there were things to be concerned about.

That being said. Dolphins did have a winning record when we played them so we have now beat a team with a winning record.

Now it's time to go to Detroilet and stomp a mudhole in their mailing it in asses.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 886
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 8:21:05 AM   
CPAMAN

IMO, the defense is playing at a playoff caliber level. The offense has two more games to get things right.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 887
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 8:57:24 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

Interesting... it may be just one of those plays where they called the right play against our defense.

Leiber gave a breakdown of that play this morning. He maintains that Zim was just taking the bullet publicly for Kendricks. His assignment on that blitz is to "back the blitz", meaning he is supposed to read and then quick jump into coverage to defend a quick pass. According to Leiber, Kendricks vacated his spot without the read and jumped too quickly to cover the passing lane.

< Message edited by TJSweens -- 12/17/2018 8:58:35 AM >

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 888
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 9:00:33 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

Zimmer saying it was his fault isn't 'after the game talk'. He said it right after the play. They panned over to him on the sidelines and he was telling someone (not sure who because they were off camera) that it "my fault, my bad on that one. that was my fault".
Post #: 889
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 9:18:09 AM   
SteveR

Very nice win. I was so confident in them that I shut the game off early as a done deal, took a short nap and then went outside and enjoyed the weather.

I hoped that getting rid of Flip would either fail miserably or succeed spectacularly so we know what we are dealing with in regards to Zimmer.

So far it is succeeding spectacularly. May it continue to do so...
Post #: 890
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 9:43:07 AM   
The Happy Norseman

That was exactly the kind of offensive game plan I was expecting by the Vikes. Stefanski actually worked to our strengths with lots of play action, and using Ham and Morgan to help block and add another dimension on offense. We had receivers running wide open thanks to the effectiveness of play action. Heck, there was even a Conklin sighting! Night and day from DeFillipo's "gameplan". Great debut by Stefanski. Now if Cousins would quit turning the ball over, especially for pick 6's, we might actually be able to compete in the playoffs.

If the Cubs can win the World Series...
Post #: 891
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 9:51:18 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Happy Norseman

That was exactly the kind of offensive game plan I was expecting by the Vikes. Stefanski actually worked to our strengths with lots of play action, and using Ham and Morgan to help block and add another dimension on offense. We had receivers running wide open thanks to the effectiveness of play action. Heck, there was even a Conklin sighting! Night and day from DeFillipo's "gameplan". Great debut by Stefanski. Now if Cousins would quit turning the ball over, especially for pick 6's, we might actually be able to compete in the playoffs.

That pick 6 came during a stretch when they went away from what was working and reverted to Flip ball. Our WR screens have to be the most poorly designed in the NFL. The vast majority wind up in the general vicinity of the line of scrimmage. They don't fool anybody. The DB on that play anticipated it from the beginning. His first move from the snap was jump directly into that passing lane. Cousins failed to recognize it and threw it right to him. They need to either fix that play or they need to drop it from the offense all together.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 892
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 9:53:13 AM   
Ricky J

Damn Eagles! ha ha

So, win out and we're in ... got it

Win out and Sea loses a game we get the 5th seed ... correct?

I'm not sure I even want to know what happens if we lose to the Lions ... just screw it if we do (but we're not)

Stupid Packers. But then let's play the Bears straight up in a meaningful game for them ... F 'em! I'm not afraid of them (in our house)

- I haven't read anything but the game day thread and Tweeter (so my apologies if I'm saying something that's been gone over 80 times) BUT I do want to point out what gets under my skin: these knuckle heads that feel they need to point out that "it's only Miami" treating anyone that's fired up after a great win like we're freekin' stupid for being happy 'cause there are a lot bigger challenges out there and this doesn't mean Stefanski is our savior, etc, blah, blah -- They're the ones that don't get it acting like they're educating us.

I enjoyed the heck out of this win!

Great call on the predicted score Mark!
Post #: 893
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 9:57:01 AM   
Ricky J

I really wanted us to play Dallas in Big D - cause of the weather. If we play Chicago in Chicago so be it ... but damn, that's the only place it's going to be cold for the playoffs in the NFC (and I fear it will make a difference - maybe )
Post #: 894
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 10:04:07 AM   
The Happy Norseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Happy Norseman

That pick 6 came during a stretch when they went away from what was working and reverted to Flip ball. Our WR screens have to be the most poorly designed in the NFL. The vast majority wind up in the general vicinity of the line of scrimmage. They don't fool anybody. The DB on that play anticipated it from the beginning. His first move from the snap was jump directly into that passing lane. Cousins failed to recognize it and threw it right to him. They need to either fix that play or they need to drop it from the offense all together.

Agreed. I think our poor oline has a lot to do with it. Other than O'Neill, they just aren't good in space. Every team in the NFL runs that screen play, but for some reason we can't seem to execute it like others do. Going forward, every defense is going to look to jump that play. Next time, I'd like to see Stefanski put the team in that formation, but have Cousins fake the screen pass then go deep.

If the Cubs can win the World Series...
Post #: 895
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 10:42:36 AM   
Ricky J

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 12/17/2018 10:55:28 AM >
Post #: 896
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 10:49:31 AM   
marty

Maybe the 49ers help out the Vikings again ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 897
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 10:50:11 AM   
marty

Very cool hearing Zim took responsibility for that play, a good example to his players.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 898
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 10:53:05 AM   
marty

It's cool Cook had that kind of game, at home against a weak run defense.

Now if he can do that sorta thing on the road against a strong defense, this team could go far. I maintain that you have to have some Murray running mixed in.

If Cook puts too much into running physical, I worry it is an injury waiting to happen. Let Murray pound them a little bit, soften them up, and then Cook blows by them later.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 899
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 10:54:33 AM   
Ricky J

mb
Post #: 900
Page:   <<   < prev  34 35 [36] 37 38   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  34 35 [36] 37 38   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode