Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 1:22:49 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Mackensie Alexander has had his ups-and-downs the first two seasons of his career, but he’s starting to show why he was one of the highest-graded cornerbacks in college in 2015. Alexander got his hands on a couple of passes while allowing a paltry two yards on four targets for the game.

Along with another blitz sack. I'm really coming around on Alexander. I really thought the guy was a lost cause, but he is proving me wrong in a big way.

I think Holton Hill is also quietly making a good impression out there.

Agreed. Mac was lost in space a lot early, even getting benched. He has really stepped up.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 926
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 1:32:50 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

This spike freekin' rocks by Elf

https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/1074369780344180736

- Cooks reaction as he's doing it is sweet, too

Awesome fun!

Diggs with little hop on-time too.

Post #: 927
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 1:35:06 PM   
David Levine

quote:

He always looks like he belongs out there - and he's made a handful of really big plays.

I think its possible he steps in for Waynes next year. Or at least is the 3rd CB if Hughes is starting.
Post #: 928
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 1:35:58 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

quote:

Mackensie Alexander has had his ups-and-downs the first two seasons of his career, but he’s starting to show why he was one of the highest-graded cornerbacks in college in 2015. Alexander got his hands on a couple of passes while allowing a paltry two yards on four targets for the game.

Along with another blitz sack. I'm really coming around on Alexander. I really thought the guy was a lost cause, but he is proving me wrong in a big way.

Agreed. Mac was lost in space a lot early, even getting benched. He has really stepped up.

Agree Sweens.

Best game by Mac yet (imo).
I may lose the sense of PTSD when I see #20 on field soon if this keeps up.

Hill has been impressive for a Rook in Zim's Defense.
Post #: 929
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 1:56:37 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Damn Eagles! ha ha

So, win out and we're in ... got it

Win out and Sea loses a game we get the 5th seed ... correct?

I'm not sure I even want to know what happens if we lose to the Lions ... just screw it if we do (but we're not)

Stupid Packers. But then let's play the Bears straight up in a meaningful game for them ... F 'em! I'm not afraid of them (in our house)

- I haven't read anything but the game day thread and Tweeter (so my apologies if I'm saying something that's been gone over 80 times) BUT I do want to point out what gets under my skin: these knuckle heads that feel they need to point out that "it's only Miami" treating anyone that's fired up after a great win like we're freekin' stupid for being happy 'cause there are a lot bigger challenges out there and this doesn't mean Stefanski is our savior, etc, blah, blah -- They're the ones that don't get it acting like they're educating us.

I enjoyed the heck out of this win!

Great call on the predicted score Mark!

Anyone wants to say it was only Miami, I have two things to say.
1. Miami beat the Patriots just a week ago and until we dismantled them still had a shot at the playoffs, they weren't stiffs by any means.

and

2. Buffalo kicked our ass, we should have done this to Buffalo too. My point being is that "any given Sunday". That's why they play the games. and good teams destroy the teams they are supposed to. That's what we did yesterday.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 930
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 2:04:06 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

He always looks like he belongs out there - and he's made a handful of really big plays.

I think its possible he steps in for Waynes next year. Or at least is the 3rd CB if Hughes is starting.

I have yet to see the moment look too big for him. Brady went right after him and the kid didn't flinch.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 931
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 2:08:46 PM   
Jason Dorn

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

I was pissed at Kendricks too on the first reply of the long run. Turns out it was the play call. Zimmer was trying to overload to one side, the side they weren't running to. Mac and Harris didn't do a great job (i think - have to see the coach's tape) on the back end.

Interesting... it may be just one of those plays where they called the right play against our defense.

Giving up 14 points every game between a long run and pick six is like being behind 0-14 before the game starts. That shit has to stop!

No shit

Skol ... Vikings can win the Super Bowl.
Post #: 932
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 2:44:05 PM   
SoMnFan

Haven't heard much talk about it today, but man, Sherels just has a way of making a big ST play at the right time.
Fun to see him almost break that one yesterday.
We needed to flip that field badly, and he did it.
Post #: 933
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 2:50:58 PM   
marty

Sherels should have gotten the game ball.

My hope is that Sherels and Bailey are far enough along to where Preifer can't f them up. Hopefully he only messed up Bailey initially.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 934
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 2:51:42 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Haven't heard much talk about it today, but man, Sherels just has a way of making a big ST play at the right time.

Dude is special (sorry for pun).

Thought he was gonna make it for 6 on the big one.
Post #: 935
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 2:54:40 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Dude is special (sorry for pun).

Thought he was gonna make it for 6 on the big one.

Very few returners have his gift for making that first guy miss.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 936
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 3:44:55 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Happy Norseman

quote:

quote:

That was exactly the kind of offensive game plan I was expecting by the Vikes. Stefanski actually worked to our strengths with lots of play action, and using Ham and Morgan to help block and add another dimension on offense. We had receivers running wide open thanks to the effectiveness of play action. Heck, there was even a Conklin sighting! Night and day from DeFillipo's "gameplan". Great debut by Stefanski. Now if Cousins would quit turning the ball over, especially for pick 6's, we might actually be able to compete in the playoffs.

That pick 6 came during a stretch when they went away from what was working and reverted to Flip ball. Our WR screens have to be the most poorly designed in the NFL. The vast majority wind up in the general vicinity of the line of scrimmage. They don't fool anybody. The DB on that play anticipated it from the beginning. His first move from the snap was jump directly into that passing lane. Cousins failed to recognize it and threw it right to him. They need to either fix that play or they need to drop it from the offense all together.

Agreed. I think our poor oline has a lot to do with it. Other than O'Neill, they just aren't good in space. Every team in the NFL runs that screen play, but for some reason we can't seem to execute it like others do. Going forward, every defense is going to look to jump that play. Next time, I'd like to see Stefanski put the team in that formation, but have Cousins fake the screen pass then go deep.

Elf is absolutely good in space. Easton was excellent in space as well.

Problem is Reiff, Remmers, and Compton are not.

We absolutely need to draft a mobile RG next year. James Daniels would have been a nice fit this past draft.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 937
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 3:51:13 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

That was exactly the kind of offensive game plan I was expecting by the Vikes. Stefanski actually worked to our strengths with lots of play action, and using Ham and Morgan to help block and add another dimension on offense. We had receivers running wide open thanks to the effectiveness of play action. Heck, there was even a Conklin sighting! Night and day from DeFillipo's "gameplan". Great debut by Stefanski. Now if Cousins would quit turning the ball over, especially for pick 6's, we might actually be able to compete in the playoffs.

That pick 6 came during a stretch when they went away from what was working and reverted to Flip ball. Our WR screens have to be the most poorly designed in the NFL. The vast majority wind up in the general vicinity of the line of scrimmage. They don't fool anybody. The DB on that play anticipated it from the beginning. His first move from the snap was jump directly into that passing lane. Cousins failed to recognize it and threw it right to him. They need to either fix that play or they need to drop it from the offense all together.

Agreed. I think our poor oline has a lot to do with it. Other than O'Neill, they just aren't good in space. Every team in the NFL runs that screen play, but for some reason we can't seem to execute it like others do. Going forward, every defense is going to look to jump that play. Next time, I'd like to see Stefanski put the team in that formation, but have Cousins fake the screen pass then go deep.

We absolutely need to draft a mobile RG next year. James Daniels would have been a nice fit this past draft.

Reiff really isn't that bad. Remmers and Compton are just awful. Remmers is strictly a right tackle, who is a total misfit at guard. He plays too upright for the position. I can only assume Compton has compromising pictures of Zim. That's the only justification I can see for him in the starting lineup.

Post #: 938
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 4:01:27 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Reiff really isn't that bad. Remmers and Compton are just awful. Remmers is strictly a right tackle, who is a total misfit at guard. He plays too upright for the position. I can only assume Compton has compromising pictures of Zim. That's the only justification I can see for him in the starting lineup.

Reiff is a decent LT. He's not very athletic as far as blocking in space on screens or pulling though.

Post #: 939
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 4:48:26 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Agree Sweens.

Best game by Mac yet (imo).
I may lose the sense of PTSD when I see #20 on field soon if this keeps up.

Hill has been impressive for a Rook in Zim's Defense.

alexander has arrived...we've got the best group of db's in the league and we're peaking at the perfect time....

last six games: qb/yards

stafford/199
trubisky/165
rodgers/198
brady/311
wilson/72
tannehill/108

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 940
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 5:07:08 PM   
Todd M

I hope we look exactly the same on D next week. That kind of pressure has been holstered at times. Luckily the Lions are probably having fits on how to protect Stafford just to get to the end of the season as we have given them our biggest serving already. They need another. I want the Lions checked right out by the 4th.

Then it's going to get super exciting!
Post #: 941
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 5:12:32 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Adam Patrick@Str8_Cash_Homey
After today's (yesterdays) game, the #Vikings are now 30-0 under Mike Zimmer when rushing 30 times or more in a matchup.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 942
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 5:15:59 PM   
Bill Jandro

We could get more help from the Chiefs if they can win in SEA

Chiefs have the Chargers breathing hot air down their neck for the 2 seed.

Post #: 943
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 5:38:38 PM   
David Levine

Sam Newton@SamNewton31
@DHunt94_TX through 14 games:

– 66 tackles
– 14.5 sacks
– 20 tackles for loss

Hunter is the first since J.J. Watt and Khalil Mack in 2015 to record at least 65 tackles, 14.0 sacks and 20 tackles for loss in a season. Watt won DPOY that season.
Post #: 944
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 5:49:09 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

And the division title. KC could be relegated to a WC home game if they falter the final two weeks of the season. Most fans don't realize that the Chargers have secretly caught up to the Chiefs at 11-3. I am certain neither team wants to have to play a WC game and lose home field advantage for most of the playoff games beyond the WC round.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 945
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 5:59:33 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

quote:

And the division title. KC could be relegated to a WC home game if they falter the final two weeks of the season. Most fans don't realize that the Chargers have secretly caught up to the Chiefs at 11-3. I am certain neither team wants to have to play a WC game and lose home field advantage for most of the playoff games beyond the WC round.

Or am I wrong about this? It is my understanding that each division has a winner that automatically goes to the playoffs even if that division winner has a losing record. In the case of KC and LA Chargers, they could end up with the first and second best AFC records but only one (the division winner) would receive a WC bye. Isn't that correct? It could go down to total points scored or some obscure 5th or 6th tie-breaker to decide the division winner if they both ended up 13-3, 12-4 or 11-5. The Texans can still claim the AFC top spot if KC and LA Chargers both falter.

Am I mistaken that both LA Chargers and KC can receive a WC bye if their records are top two in the AFC?

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 946
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 6:00:57 PM   
Todd M

Sigh.

KC will either get a first round bye or will be on the road WC weekend.

Same with the Chargers.
Post #: 947
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 6:28:34 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Adam Patrick@Str8_Cash_Homey
After today's (yesterdays) game, the #Vikings are now 30-0 under Mike Zimmer when rushing 30 times or more in a matchup.

Kinda smacks you in the face. Not most of the time, not like 85+% - every time.

Some of the runs are going to be nothing runs but how can you argue against that formula?
Post #: 948
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 6:40:40 PM   
Todd M

Wobby:

quote:

Not so fast! There still could be a home playoff game

---

Without looking I am going to guess no two 5th and 6th seeded teams have both advanced two times on the road each to meet up at the 5th seed's home turf.

But you're saying there's a chance?
Post #: 949
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 6:43:35 PM   
quote:

Sam Newton@SamNewton31
@DHunt94_TX through 14 games:

– 66 tackles
– 14.5 sacks
– 20 tackles for loss

Hunter is the first since J.J. Watt and Khalil Mack in 2015 to record at least 65 tackles, 14.0 sacks and 20 tackles for loss in a season. Watt won DPOY that season.

What a find!

He is amazing, and surpassed Griffen by a wide margin.

Quite a bit faster then I thought he would.
  Post #: 950
Page:   <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode