Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  45 46 [47] 48 49   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2018 7:16:32 AM   
Bruce Johnson

We did pretty good with our selection of Elflein a year ago, so it seems that we're kind of on a roll. We should be able to get a pretty good guard in the draft in the first or second round.

I'm looking forward to tomorrows game. We should be able to run the ball well again, especially if the Lions nose tackle is playing hurt or if he is out. He is a difference maker on their run defense, but he is questionable for tomorrows game.

Marvin Jones is out, too. The Lions traded Golden Tate. Stafford is not 100%. The Lions offense is going to struggle tomorrow.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2018/11/16/detroit-lions-injuries/2028119002/

edit: Their nose tackle, Robinson, has been ruled out. He will not play.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 12/22/2018 7:18:10 AM >

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1151
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2018 7:44:54 AM   
Bill Jandro

Snacks Harrison is Det NT

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1152
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2018 7:53:09 AM   
Bill Jandro

H Hill has played very well for an undrafted rookie.

However, he went undrafted for a reason. mainly behavioral problems. I'd be hesitant to trade Waynes next spring due to this.

Hughes most likely will not be back to full health until 2020.

Hill has been a good cover guy but still needs bulk up and improve in run support. Russell Wilson ran him over on a key 3rd down.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1153
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2018 9:07:26 AM   
TJSweens

Hill never had any issues related to behavior. He had 2 positive test results for weed. One as a sophomore and one before the draft. There were no " incidents" and he maintained a 3.5 GPA. Everything I have read says he's a good kid with a good attitude. I have absolutely no concerns about him.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1154
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2018 10:04:13 AM   
ratoppenheimer

After being cut from the Minnesota Vikings’ roster as one of the final cuts of training camp this past preseason, defensive lineman Ifeadi Odenigbo wasn’t out of work for long. He spent time on the 53-man rosters of both the Cleveland Browns and Arizona Cardinals this season, but when he was released by the Cardinals and he had the opportunity to return to the Vikings’ practice squad, he jumped on it.

Now, according to Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Odenigbo has had an opportunity to play for a couple of other teams as a part of their 53-man rosters, but has chosen to stick with the Vikings’ practice squad instead.

Tomasson reports that both the Philadelphia Eagles and Indianapolis Colts have approached Odenigbo about joining their 53-man rosters, but he has rebuffed both teams in their efforts. In response, the Vikings have given him a pretty significant pay bump for a practice squad player. The minimum salary for a practice squad player is $7,600 a week. . .nice work if you can get it. . .but Odenigbo has seen his salary raised to $28,235 a week.

Odenigbo has his reasons for staying with Minnesota.

“When you’re on the practice squad, you don’t really know if you’re staying with a team, but (the Vikings) told me they look at me as part of the future, so it was cool,’’ Odenigbo said. “They told me, ‘We have plans for you and trust the process and we’ll match their offer.’ So that worked out well.’’

It was quite a surprise when Odenigbo was let go as a part of the final cuts, or at least it was to me. He played very well in the preseason at both defensive tackle and defensive end, but just couldn’t crack one of the deepest defensive line depth charts in the league. It says something about his level of talent and how the Vikings now view him that they’ve told him that they see him as part of the team’s future.

With players such as Sheldon Richardson and Tom Johnson set to become free agents after this season and Everson Griffen not getting any younger, perhaps 2019 will be the year that Odenigbo finally makes his big impact in purple. It sounds like he’s interested in making that happen, too...daily norseman

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1155
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2018 10:26:32 AM   
Pager

Sean Borman
@SeanBoarMan
Of the 19+ #Vikings scheduled to be free agents this offseason, ONLY the following players should command more than $2 million per season:

*LB Anthony Barr (~$13M)
*DT Sheldon Richardson (~$9M)
*RB Latavius Murray (~$4M)
*S Anthony Harris (~$3M - RFA)

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 1156
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2018 11:22:46 AM  1 votes
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Hill never had any issues related to behavior. He had 2 positive test results for weed. One as a sophomore and one before the draft. There were no " incidents" and he maintained a 3.5 GPA. Everything I have read says he's a good kid with a good attitude. I have absolutely no concerns about him.

This obsession the uneducated and stuck in the “reefer madness” mind set of corporate, criminal , legislative and medical communities has about marijuana, needs to end..

Alchohol and cigarettes and opioids and meth and Cocain, and all those derivatives are far worse.. far far worse..

marijuanna’s Biggest issue is the the biological metabolites that indicate use, not even wheather you are high or not, just usage, Stay I’m your system 10 times longer than any other drug..

You can get drunk on Friday night and by Monday pass a breathalyzer unless you are a chronic alcoholic who maintains functional insobriety due to heightened tolerance levels for the alcohol toxins.

It fn stupid that MJ is still classed as a “verboten” controlled substance when booze and cigarettes are far worse for long term and short term biological effects.

JMO

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1157
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2018 11:41:56 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

Sean Borman
@SeanBoarMan
Of the 19+ #Vikings scheduled to be free agents this offseason, ONLY the following players should command more than $2 million per season:

*LB Anthony Barr (~$13M)

i'd pay richardson and harris....

Post #: 1158
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2018 2:38:38 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

Sean Borman
@SeanBoarMan

*LB Anthony Barr (~$13M)

No brainer to me. 15-20M. Enough left over to do a lot of things. Including keep Barr or G or keep Waynes etc

Post #: 1159
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2018 2:39:34 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

This obsession the uneducated and stuck in the “reefer madness” mind set of corporate, criminal , legislative and medical communities has about marijuana, needs to end..

Alchohol and cigarettes and opioids and meth and Cocain, and all those derivatives are far worse.. far far worse..

marijuanna’s Biggest issue is the the biological metabolites that indicate use, not even wheather you are high or not, just usage, Stay I’m your system 10 times longer than any other drug..

You can get drunk on Friday night and by Monday pass a breathalyzer unless you are a chronic alcoholic who maintains functional insobriety due to heightened tolerance levels for the alcohol toxins.

It fn stupid that MJ is still classed as a “verboten” controlled substance when booze and cigarettes are far worse for long term and short term biological effects.

JMO

Unequivocally

Post #: 1160
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2018 3:04:34 PM   
beo

quote:

quote:

JMO

Never smoked weed once in my life... but I couldn't AGREE MORE.

It's a bad use of taxpayer money to treat it differently than alcohol or tobacco which I feel are bigger problems to society.

Legalize it, tax it, spend money to keep it out of minors hands.
Post #: 1161
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2018 6:21:29 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sean Borman
@SeanBoarMan

*LB Anthony Barr (~$13M)

No brainer to me. 15-20M. Enough left over to do a lot of things. Including keep Barr or G or keep Waynes etc

as we've all discussed; remmers, sendejo, rudolph = about $17m in savings...

griffen another $10.7m or less with a restructure....

we've got $9m already, so there's somewhere between $26m and $36m in cap space for 2019....

the question is; will spielman let these guys go?...sendejo for sure, but he's injured - is that going to carry over into next season and affect our cap?....

can spielman approach players like reiff, rhodes and griffen for a restructure...do we really want to extend reiff and rhodes?....

i love diggs, but i think we overpaid him....

it would be great if we could let reiff go after 2019 and save about $9m in cap space....

if we can't get good trade value for waynes then i'd keep him and pay his $9m next season....

richardson - $9m
harris - $3m
fa guard - $9m

i'd consider extending weatherly and alexander, too - both are in their final year 2019....

the more i think about it the more it's obvious that we have to let griffen go - even though it won't be pretty - we need the money and we need to extend his replacement, weatherly....

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 12/22/2018 6:29:03 PM >

Post #: 1162
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2018 6:28:08 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

Sean Borman
@SeanBoarMan

*LB Anthony Barr (~$13M)

one more thing...spotrac does not show harris as an rfa next season - they show him as a ufa....

Post #: 1163
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2018 6:29:07 PM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

Sean Borman
@SeanBoarMan

*LB Anthony Barr (~$13M)

one more thing...spotrac does not show harris as an rfa next season - they show him as a ufa....

Ive seen multiple sources list him as RFA

Post #: 1164
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2018 6:33:44 PM   
Pager

Both Easton and Harris undrafted players. Maybe Harris was RFA last yr?

I dont know

Post #: 1165
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2018 6:42:18 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

I dont know

harris is in his 4th season this year....

Post #: 1166
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2018 6:46:17 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Chris Tomasson@christomasson
Titans win means Vikings can clinch playoff berth Sunday if they win at Detroit and Philadelphia loses at home to Houston.

Post #: 1167
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2018 6:55:15 PM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

I dont know

harris is in his 4th season this year....

And that means??

https://overthecap.com/player/anthony-harris/4441/

Lists Harris as a RFA for 2019. Every source that I've seen (but yours) indicates he is a RFA.

2nd round tender, maybe 3M to keep him next year (same as Easton - I don't know if it changes by position)

We have choices to make, sure, but with the youth waiting in the wings, and depth, I'm not worried about the cap killing the team like some predicted.

Post #: 1168
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2018 8:25:08 PM   
Ricky J

Well I wouldn't know where to find it (I'm not ashamed to say) but I'd bet $1 that less than 10% of returned kickoffs make it to the 25.

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 12/22/2018 8:26:15 PM >
Post #: 1169
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2018 10:03:39 PM   
Todd M

Harris was 2 games short his rookie season from qualifying to be a UFA.

Ariana Grande is a perfect 10 and I love her..

~Todd Mallett
Post #: 1170
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 12:12:20 AM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

JMO

Unequivocally

On the other hand, it's a matter of discipline and adhering to rules. Traits all coaches covet.

< Message edited by JT2 -- 12/23/2018 12:15:41 AM >
Post #: 1171
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 12:18:39 AM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Harris was 2 games short his rookie season from qualifying to be a UFA.

Thanks for the clarification. I don't know the free agency rules well enough to speak to this. Is this for UDFA only?

Post #: 1172
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 12:27:25 AM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

JMO

Unequivocally

On the other hand, it's a matter of discipline and adhering to rules. Traits all coaches covet.

I was speaking to Daniel's commentary as it relates to marijuana and society and it's just my opinion. Living in Colorado, I noticed no change pre-post legalization other than stores that dispense popping up like 7-11s.

I don't like the high, and work in an industry where it would be career ending to test positive so I have no personal bias.

It is ironic athletes can indulge in alcohol/binge drink, which is far more likely to cause issues (DUIs, fights, domestic violence), but marijuana is forbidden.

I get what you're saying but am glad Zimmer/Rick did their due diligence and that Hill has been outstanding on and off the field.

Post #: 1173
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 6:49:39 AM  1 votes
Bruce Johnson

My concern about marijuana is that it may be a gateway drug for other drugs or activities. (such as teenage sex) According to this article, it is not clear whether it is true or not, but I believe the link is very likely.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/

Sorry to post about this on a game day. I hope that the Vikings deliver us a nice Christmas present day with the securement of a playoff spot.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1174
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 8:23:13 AM  1 votes
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

My concern about marijuana is that it may be a gateway drug for other drugs or activities. (such as teenage sex) According to this article, it is not clear whether it is true or not, but I believe the link is very likely.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/

Sorry to post about this on a game day. I hope that the Vikings deliver us a nice Christmas present day with the securement of a playoff spot.

my friend, if you're searching for 'the' gateway drug look no further than your own liquor cabinet...99% of drug users tried alcohol as their first encounter with drugs....

Post #: 1175
Page:   <<   < prev  45 46 [47] 48 49   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  45 46 [47] 48 49   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode