Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  46 47 [48] 49 50   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 8:30:41 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

Both Easton and Harris undrafted players. Maybe Harris was RFA last yr?

I dont know

harris is in his 4th season this year....

And that means??

https://overthecap.com/player/anthony-harris/4441/

Lists Harris as a RFA for 2019. Every source that I've seen (but yours) indicates he is a RFA.

2nd round tender, maybe 3M to keep him next year (same as Easton - I don't know if it changes by position)

We have choices to make, sure, but with the youth waiting in the wings, and depth, I'm not worried about the cap killing the team like some predicted.

harris being an rfa is indeed great news...as i said, spotrac has him as a ufa and they are usually my go-to source...they also show easton as an rfa in '18 and a ufa in '19....

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 12/23/2018 8:35:15 AM >

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1176
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 8:32:53 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

My concern about marijuana is that it may be a gateway drug for other drugs or activities. (such as teenage sex) According to this article, it is not clear whether it is true or not, but I believe the link is very likely.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/

Sorry to post about this on a game day. I hope that the Vikings deliver us a nice Christmas present day with the securement of a playoff spot.

my friend, if you're searching for 'the' gateway drug look no further than your own liquor cabinet...99% of drug users tried alcohol as their first encounter with drugs....

And who doesnt want some sex after a nice little buzz on booze?

But I've never heard that arguement for not legalizing marijuana - interesting
Post #: 1177
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 8:41:07 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

My concern about marijuana is that it may be a gateway drug for other drugs or activities. (such as teenage sex) According to this article, it is not clear whether it is true or not, but I believe the link is very likely.

Sorry to post about this on a game day. I hope that the Vikings deliver us a nice Christmas present day with the securement of a playoff spot.

my friend, if you're searching for 'the' gateway drug look no further than your own liquor cabinet...99% of drug users tried alcohol as their first encounter with drugs....

for sure - when i was young, i was considerably 'looser' when drinking than i was when smoking dope, and the girls were too...however, we were usually doing both, so...well, you get the picture....

Post #: 1178
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 9:05:31 AM   
stfrank

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

for sure - when i was young, i was considerably 'looser' when drinking than i was when smoking dope, and the girls were too...however, we were usually doing both, so...well, you get the picture....

Personally, when I drank I got better looking and smarter, so of course all the women wanted to be with me....
When I smoked pot I just got mellow and had the munchies. Combining the 2 along with other drugs is how I earned my chair in AA.
Post #: 1179
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 9:08:55 AM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

I thought it was dancing that caused teenage sex??

This debate raged in Colorado before the election. Since legalization, teen pot use has gone down. Teen pregnancies continue to go down. Fewer opioid deaths.

Legalization doesn't open Pandora's box. All it does is move it from the black market to a regulated, taxed, activity. With a lot of the tax revenue going to DARE programs, rehab programs.

My last comment. I will respond in the appropriate thread moving forward.

< Message edited by Pager -- 12/23/2018 9:18:49 AM >

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 1180
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 9:16:08 AM   
Viking Rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Barr is a bizarro case IMO. When Zimmer uses him the right way our D is dominant. When he doesn't and we play passive, he goes incognito and we get 'normal'. It's weird as hell. Why not attack all the time like we did last week?

My guess is Zim will press the edges but refuses to live out on the edge. He has to be pushed to do it. I too would rather go balls to the walls and live with the results even when we got burned. **** we've lived with a VERY poor prevent in Zim's time...what we want and the risk associated isn't worse than seeing that.

I mentioned last week that the defense appeared to be more aggressive, and the scheme a bit different.

I still wonder if some of the defense was actually being called by Edwards instead of Zimmer. Zim said he was going to concentrate more on the offense, so I wouldn't be surprised Edwards was calling a more aggressive game plan.

If so, I hope dials it up against Stafford as well.

Sam Darnold's Gonna Shock Us All
Post #: 1181
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 9:30:22 AM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: Viking Rich

quote:

quote:

Barr is a bizarro case IMO. When Zimmer uses him the right way our D is dominant. When he doesn't and we play passive, he goes incognito and we get 'normal'. It's weird as hell. Why not attack all the time like we did last week?

My guess is Zim will press the edges but refuses to live out on the edge. He has to be pushed to do it. I too would rather go balls to the walls and live with the results even when we got burned. **** we've lived with a VERY poor prevent in Zim's time...what we want and the risk associated isn't worse than seeing that.

I mentioned last week that the defense appeared to be more aggressive, and the scheme a bit different.

I still wonder if some of the defense was actually being called by Edwards instead of Zimmer. Zim said he was going to concentrate more on the offense, so I wouldn't be surprised Edwards was calling a more aggressive game plan.

The student becomes the master.
Post #: 1182
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 9:37:45 AM   
Viking Rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

quote:

quote:

Maybe this is what's needed.

NOTE TO ZIMMER:

Let Edwards call the defense. Let Stefanski call the offense.

You manage the game.

Sam Darnold's Gonna Shock Us All
Post #: 1183
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 9:48:07 AM   
ratoppenheimer

Sean Borman@SeanBoarMan
#Vikings cornerback Mackensie Alexander in 2018:

1ST 5 GAMES:
- 21 catches allowed on 24 targets for 254 yards
- 106.8 opposing passer rating
- 5 penalties

LAST 5 GAMES:
- 8 catches allowed on 17 targets for 60 yards
- 59.9 opposing passer rating
- 0 penalties
- 5 pass breakups

Post #: 1184
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 9:50:49 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Personally, when I drank I got better looking and smarter, so of course all the women wanted to be with me....
When I smoked pot I just got mellow and had the munchies. Combining the 2 along with other drugs is how I earned my chair in AA.

Great stuff!

- 10 posts yesterday and we're worried about off toic discussions?
Post #: 1185
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 10:22:58 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

quote:

quote:

it really would be great, if that is in fact what is happening....

Post #: 1186
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 10:23:12 AM   
David F.

Treadwell a healthy scratch today. Better late than never I guess.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1187
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 10:32:55 AM   
ratoppenheimer

now this is interesting...the vikings are putting their playoff team together....

Chris Tomasson@christomasson
Vikings WR Laquon Treadwell is inactive today as both Chad Beebe and Brandon Zylstra are active.

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 12/23/2018 10:33:56 AM >

Post #: 1188
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 10:41:45 AM   
ratoppenheimer

Eric Wilson to start at linebacker for #Vikings in place of Eric Kendricks. He replaced Kendricks midway through the fourth quarter last Sunday against Miami after Kendricks suffered hamstring injury.

Post #: 1189
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 11:01:02 AM   
quote:

now this is interesting...the vikings are putting their playoff team together....

Vikings WR Laquon Treadwell is inactive today as both Chad Beebe and Brandon Zylstra are active.

I guess even Dalvin Cook said “Nobody can cover Chad Beebe”.

I seemed to recall reading how excited Treadwell was when Stefanski was named OC.

Evidently he didn’t see this coming...
  Post #: 1190
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 11:15:46 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

I guess even Dalvin Cook said “Nobody can cover Chad Beebe”.

I seemed to recall reading how excited Treadwell was when Stefanski was named OC.

Evidently he didn’t see this coming...

Yes, treadwell said that he was expecting to see a lot more balls come his way — but he sure didn’t see this curve ball today....

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 12/23/2018 11:17:42 AM >

Post #: 1191
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 11:23:39 AM   
Hope I can say this after the game, but I like that Stefanski comes in and sits down the underachieving 1st round pick for the undrafted, undersized Rookie....

Perhaps because he can actually get open, and actually catch the ball?
  Post #: 1192
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 11:24:55 AM   
Danny Isidora inactive as well.

Had hopes for him as well.

Guess Brent Jones moves in front of him. Not promising..

Oh well, play your best players.
  Post #: 1193
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 11:33:34 AM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

Danny Isidora inactive as well.

Had hopes for him as well.

Guess Brent Jones moves in front of him. Not promising..

Oh well, play your best players.

I held on waaaayyy too long. I have repented tho.

As you said, play your best players.

Hats off to the new OC. Go down swinging with your best guys.

Post #: 1194
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 3:39:39 PM   
Dave Odle

Nice turnaround, Vikes. So, win last game to get in? What's the playoff scenario look like?

Try using hindsight in the present.
Post #: 1195
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 3:57:49 PM   
Ricky J

VikingUpdate.com @VikingUpdate
16m16 minutes ago
More
Mike Zimmer on Xavier Rhodes injury: "That's pretty much Xavier. He'll be alright." #Vikings

ha ha, good one, Zim
Post #: 1196
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 4:00:22 PM   
Pager

quote:

VikingUpdate.com @VikingUpdate
16m16 minutes ago
More
Mike Zimmer on Xavier Rhodes injury: "That's pretty much Xavier. He'll be alright." #Vikings

ha ha, good one, Zim

In a different presser couple weeks back, the one everyone thought he tore his tendon, Zimmer said he had a few nicknames for him.

Last year a huge drop off when Rhodes was out even for a few plays. This year, we almost look better

Post #: 1197
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 4:01:46 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Odle

Nice turnaround, Vikes. So, win last game to get in? What's the playoff scenario look like?

2nd and 3rd seed still to be determined. Chicago lose and LA wins, top 4 set. Vikes can be as high as 5th or not make it.

Post #: 1198
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 4:04:24 PM   
Ricky J

Ben Goessling @GoesslingStrib
4h4 hours ago

More
Vikings end the first quarter with 4 total yards: 8 rushing, -4 passing.

That was a real bitch ...
Post #: 1199
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2018 4:06:33 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Odle

Vikes win, Seattle loses 1 of their last 2 we're the 5th seed.
Post #: 1200
Page:   <<   < prev  46 47 [48] 49 50   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  46 47 [48] 49 50   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode