Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  52 53 [54] 55 56   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2018 11:38:40 AM   
Bill Jandro

While Zimmer is unsure if Kendricks will be in, his replacement Eric Wilson had a phenomenal day. Dane Mizutani says that against the Lions, Wilson had 96% of defensive snaps, nine total tackles, three tackles for a loss, and one sack

Perhaps we over paid kendricks if an UDFA can do his job just as well or better.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1326
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2018 12:05:28 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

While Zimmer is unsure if Kendricks will be in, his replacement Eric Wilson had a phenomenal day. Dane Mizutani says that against the Lions, Wilson had 96% of defensive snaps, nine total tackles, three tackles for a loss, and one sack

Perhaps we over paid kendricks if an UDFA can do his job just as well or better.

Those stats are close to Kendricks season totals.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 1327
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2018 12:50:30 PM   
CPAMAN

Vikings will start out slow and have a fumble mishap early and fall behind 0-10. They will stage a second half come back but fall short 20-23.

Post #: 1328
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2018 1:22:00 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

If Vikings can’t win this game at home with everything on the line then they don’t deserve to be in the playoffs and the Wilfs will have some deep thinking to do.

Bears at full strength shouldn’t matter. The Vikings roster is built to win now and there are tougher teams than they Bears that are in the way.

As far as I am concerned Zimmer and Speilman should have their jobs on the line Sunday. I doubt they do but IMO they should.

Yes, it's a proven fact that a revolving door at the GM and head coach positions is the surest route to franchise success.
Post #: 1329
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2018 1:25:37 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Good question. Who are they more afraid of in the elements in Chicago? And do they even think that way?

Teams sit players the last game of the season to rest them up for the WC round of the playoffs all the time. The odds of SF beating the Rams in LA are long at best considering the Rams have every reason to win at all costs to lock up the second seed, which guarantees them a "rest" week. Plus a win COULD cost the 9ers 8 slots in the draft.

No one is going to concede the shot at a bye. If Nagy does, that's malpractice that loses your lockerroom, management support. SF can win; they beat Seattle last week, and gave Chicago a good game.

Players/coaches/teams conceding meaningful games is a myth made up by fans; no one would go for it in reality.

And I'm sure we'd hear the same story if say Khalil Mack/Trubisky suffered injuries in a meaningless game that kept them out of the playoffs.

I guess where we differ is that I believe no one with the Bears thinks the game is meaningless at this point.

I don't think it is meaningless to them. It almost certainly is meaningless in terms of playoff position.
Post #: 1330
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2018 3:16:10 PM   
drviking

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

Vikings will start out slow and have a fumble mishap early and fall behind 0-10. They will stage a second half come back but fall short 20-23.

Wow! Don't make foolish forecasts like this just to attempt to prove you're a bigger Vikings fan than another. This is as close to insane as you possibly be.

Vikings 23 Dolphins 20

And this is a stretch predicting a Vikings victory.

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 1331
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2018 4:01:07 PM   
GopherFan34

The Bears have had one of the most injury free seasons as any team in recent memory. They have also been very lucky when it comes to tipped balls for interceptions. That horse shit luck can run out at any time, just ask Case Kenum. Their lack of draft picks will catch up to them, Trubinski is a great runner, very average thrower, his luck will run out too. Running QB's never last in the NFL.
Post #: 1332
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2018 5:37:28 PM   
Todd M

So........I feel like if the Vikings never lose another game this season that would be better for me. To a lesser extent every Vikings fan everywhere.

Our America's game video will epic. Our story is the best one to be told right now. Ooooh the Saints rolled their way through...yawn. Gonna watch the **** out of that video!

I'm using my 'one time!' card...the real one...not all the other meaningless ones. That I didn't get so this is the the the one....
Post #: 1333
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2018 5:55:14 PM   
bstinger

If the Vikes show up they can beat anybody. Too many times this year it looks like they are going through the motions and play like crap. They need to play with intensity and purpose and they can go a long way. I'm not sure why they haven't been so often, very disappointing. I put that on Zimmer. If they come out flat and lose I seriously consider replacing him because I can't fire the team.

Keeping Trubisky in the pocket is the key on D. Slowing Cohen down is the 2nd key. Quick passing attack and running on the edges on Offense. Make all of our FG attempts. It think we win this one, but I'm not as optimistic for the rematch.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 1334
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2018 10:06:03 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

If the Vikes show up they can beat anybody. Too many times this year it looks like they are going through the motions and play like crap. They need to play with intensity and purpose and they can go a long way. I'm not sure why they haven't been so often, very disappointing. I put that on Zimmer. If they come out flat and lose I seriously consider replacing him because I can't fire the team.

Keeping Trubisky in the pocket is the key on D. Slowing Cohen down is the 2nd key. Quick passing attack and running on the edges on Offense. Make all of our FG attempts. It think we win this one, but I'm not as optimistic for the rematch.

I would like to believe that but they really haven’t beat a good team yet.
Post #: 1335
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2018 10:19:36 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Ben Goessling
@GoesslingStrib
The Vikings have allowed the fewest offensive touchdowns in the league this season (25), and the most defensive touchdowns from fumbles or interception returns (5), as well as a blocked punt return TD against the Packers.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1336
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2018 10:53:57 PM   
Steve Lentz

DEFENSE!!!

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 1337
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2018 11:02:16 PM   
Ricky J

Wow - you'd of thought we would of known that ...

And I saw this today that I thought was pretty damn good:

Paul Charchian @PaulCharcian

Vikings defensive ranks at home:
- Yards: 1
- 3rd down conversions: 1
- Touchdowns: 2
- First downs: T1
- Completions: 1
- Passing yards: 1
- Sack percentage: 1
- Yards per rush: T6

edit: I was listening to Mad Dog Sports radio today and they said Kirk Cousins has the most pressure in the NFL on him to succeed this weekend. With a defense like that you'd think all he has to do is be a little above avg. and we're kicking Chicago's ass a couple times in a row here, don't ya think?

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 12/27/2018 11:13:14 PM >
Post #: 1338
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2018 11:13:40 PM   
Ricky J

Where's DL, Hawaii?
Post #: 1339
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2018 10:54:37 AM   
marty

If Chicago wins, it will mostly be from a turnover, or 3.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1340
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2018 11:03:57 AM   
thebigo

quote:

edit: I was listening to Mad Dog Sports radio today and they said Kirk Cousins has the most pressure in the NFL on him to succeed this weekend. With a defense like that you'd think all he has to do is be a little above avg. and we're kicking Chicago's ass a couple times in a row here, don't ya think?

OL needs to man up.

The 12th man needs to man up.

Actually I think the late start helps, in terms of the 12th man. At noon half of them are still in yawn mode.

< Message edited by thebigo -- 12/28/2018 11:06:34 AM >
Post #: 1341
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2018 11:20:53 AM   
ratoppenheimer

Daniel House@DanielHouseNFL
I spent some time looking at the numbers and discussed what's changed with the #Vikings secondary. Anthony Harris and Mack Alexander have developed rapidly. After a slow start to the year for the pass defense, things locked in. Find out how:

http://www.mnvikingscorner.com/2018/12/the-vikings-pass-defense-has-quietly.html

Post #: 1342
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2018 11:31:57 AM   
ratoppenheimer

interesting that ex-vikings wr's stacy coley and charles johnson are both currently free agents....

Post #: 1343
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2018 12:00:32 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Where's DL, Hawaii?

San Diego for the week.
Post #: 1344
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2018 12:03:34 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Where's DL, Hawaii?

San Diego for the week.

Missin a dandy blizzard here
But don't be too jealous.
Post #: 1345
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2018 1:24:54 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

Wow! Don't make foolish forecasts like this just to attempt to prove you're a bigger Vikings fan than another. This is as close to insane as you possibly be.

Vikings 23 Dolphins 20

And this is a stretch predicting a Vikings victory.

Just trying to match Mark Anderson's phenomenal 41-17 Vikings victory vs. Miami. He got the score on the money. In order to top that, you have to provide additional information that led to the final score.

Post #: 1346
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2018 1:28:22 PM   
quote:

quote:

Where's DL, Hawaii?

San Diego for the week.

That’d be dreary ole San Diego..
  Post #: 1347
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2018 1:37:32 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

OL needs to man up.

The 12th man needs to man up.

Actually I think the late start helps, in terms of the 12th man. At noon half of them are still in yawn mode.

The sleepy-fan slow starts at noon games blows my mind to this day. How little does the game really matter to the 10-15k fans that aren't in their seats for kickoff? Late games are like an entirely different stadium.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1348
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2018 1:44:17 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

Where's DL, Hawaii?

San Diego for the week.

That’d be dreary ole San Diego..

It’s been mostly nice in Encinitas.
Post #: 1349
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2018 2:07:36 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Two key Vikings players did not play in Chicago- Anthony Barr, who is reportedly playing at a very high level right now, and David Morgan who has a lot to do with a better running game.

Oh, and then there's the new offensive coordinator.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1350
Page:   <<   < prev  52 53 [54] 55 56   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  52 53 [54] 55 56   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode