Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  51 52 [53] 54 55   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2018 3:51:03 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Good question. Who are they more afraid of in the elements in Chicago? And do they even think that way?

Teams sit players the last game of the season to rest them up for the WC round of the playoffs all the time. The odds of SF beating the Rams in LA are long at best considering the Rams have every reason to win at all costs to lock up the second seed, which guarantees them a "rest" week. Plus a win COULD cost the 9ers 8 slots in the draft.

No one is going to concede the shot at a bye. If Nagy does, that's malpractice that loses your lockerroom, management support. SF can win; they beat Seattle last week, and gave Chicago a good game.

Players/coaches/teams conceding meaningful games is a myth made up by fans; no one would go for it in reality.
Post #: 1301
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2018 3:51:44 PM   
quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Ticket prices on the secondary market are insane for Sunday’s finale.

I didn’t pay that much for the Minnesota Miracle game.

Wanted to go but obviously too many people want to go.

I imagine there will be more than the usual supply of Bear fans there. Just to watch their team take a beat down.

Bring home a victory Todd! (Merry Xmas)

Be a tall task if we’re missing X, Kendricks, and Linval...

Let’s hope for the best.

I’m convinced we still haven’t seen this team’s potential yet.

Not sure we can count on much from our interior OLine in the way of holes between the tackles in this game.

After early success last week the Detroit D-line appeared on their heels when we stuck with the run after the half.

O’Neill will have Khalil Mack quite a bit. Sad really to say, but he may already be our best OLineman. So perhaps with a few chips thrown in we might somewhat limit the splash plays.

I wouldn’t count on the Bears throwing in the towel in this one, unless we want to count on scoreboard watching. Hell I’d set a few 80” flat screams on their sideline with the Ram game playing.😉
  Post #: 1302
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2018 4:43:20 PM   
Bill Jandro

Underachievers at best

Cousins has a lot to prove Sunday. Time to win a big time game.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1303
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2018 4:56:28 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

I hear ya!

I still think im going. Ill get in one way or another. What are caterers wearing up there these days?
Post #: 1304
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2018 5:05:07 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

I imagine there will be more than the usual supply of Bear fans there. Just to watch their team take a beat down.

Let’s hope for the best.

Not sure we can count on much from our interior OLine in the way of holes between the tackles in this game.

After early success last week the Detroit D-line appeared on their heels when we stuck with the run after the half.

O’Neill will have Khalil Mack quite a bit. Sad really to say, but he may already be our best OLineman. So perhaps with a few chips thrown in we might somewhat limit the splash plays.

I wouldn’t count on the Bears throwing in the towel in this one, unless we want to count on scoreboard watching. Hell I’d set a few 80” flat screams on their sideline with the Ram game playing.😉

The word here is, unless the bears are up by at least 14 points, they are looking at this game as if it's the playoffs. It should also be noted that Chicago sports radio is very concerned that the bears might have to play the Vikes three times, so they want to put us away this weekend. I say balderdash to that! Let's beat the hell out of them and continue to pillage into the postseason!
Post #: 1305
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2018 5:07:37 PM   
CPAMAN

The Vikings need to come out and play like they did vs. Miami in the first qtr and exude some dominance. A start like this past week in Detroit and this team will fold despite the home field advantage. They cannot afford to give the Bears any visiting team confidence or advantage.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 1306
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2018 5:12:05 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

quote:

quote:

Let’s hope for the best.

The word here is, unless the bears are up by at least 14 points, they are looking at this game as if it's the playoffs. It should also be noted that Chicago sports radio is very concerned that the bears might have to play the Vikes three times, so they want to put us away this weekend. I say balderdash to that! Let's beat the hell out of them and continue to pillage into the postseason!

Very possibly teamspeak.
Post #: 1307
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2018 6:01:54 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

Good question. Who are they more afraid of in the elements in Chicago? And do they even think that way?

Teams sit players the last game of the season to rest them up for the WC round of the playoffs all the time. The odds of SF beating the Rams in LA are long at best considering the Rams have every reason to win at all costs to lock up the second seed, which guarantees them a "rest" week. Plus a win COULD cost the 9ers 8 slots in the draft.

No one is going to concede the shot at a bye. If Nagy does, that's malpractice that loses your lockerroom, management support. SF can win; they beat Seattle last week, and gave Chicago a good game.

Players/coaches/teams conceding meaningful games is a myth made up by fans; no one would go for it in reality.

And I'm sure we'd hear the same story if say Khalil Mack/Trubisky suffered injuries in a meaningless game that kept them out of the playoffs.
Post #: 1308
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2018 6:01:56 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

quote:

I hear ya!

I still think im going. Ill get in one way or another. What are caterers wearing up there these days?

Stand around outside at kickoff and maybe scalpers just unload ?
Post #: 1309
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2018 6:03:18 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

I hear ya!

Pink tutus.
Post #: 1310
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2018 6:41:43 PM   
David F.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/26/minnesota-vikings-2018-season-mike-zimmer-rick-spielman-kirk-cousins

Coach Mike Zimmer tolerates these new digs, even if some of the more lavish touches make him squirm. He never allows anyone to turn on the fireplace in the locker room, for instance, or to put anything other than the day’s schedule on the dozens of TVs scattered throughout the facility. “Players win games,” the 62-year-old says one day in Eagan, scoffing at the amenities. Asked about the new draft room, with its 40 bigscreens all stitched together, everything digitized, he says: “Seven-hundred fifty-thousand [dollars], just so we don’t have to use f------ magnets.”

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1311
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2018 6:47:04 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

I hear ya!

Stand around outside at kickoff and maybe scalpers just unload ?

That scalpers business now days scares me. Who can't print off a bunch of StubHub tickets?
Post #: 1312
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2018 6:55:30 PM   
Ian Joseph

I wouldnt trust scalpers with any tickets that are solely distributed electronically.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 1313
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2018 9:13:55 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I think the Rams will be more motivated than the Bears- they have more to lose with a poor performance. The Bears probably figure that they will have to play the Vikings next week anyway, but that things will be different on their home field. Meanwhile, they certainly don't want to injure themselves when the playoffs are already assured. I could be wrong, but I don't think they played that hard last week, either.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1314
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2018 10:12:05 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

I wouldnt trust scalpers with any tickets that are solely distributed electronically.

I don't. I'm not sure what you could buy in front of the stadium that you could trust any more
Post #: 1315
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2018 8:16:08 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

I don't. I'm not sure what you could buy in front of the stadium that you could trust any more

They can sell the tickets via vikings.com, which will send you a text with a link, you open that link to confirm in Vikings.com that you are kosher with the process, then voila, the ticket(s) is in your vikings.com account. I've done this a couple times, although that was just to transfer the ticket to someone else, I believe there was a sell the ticket option. Although since wasn't 'selling' I don't know that they would allow scalper prices. Is there a reason they wouldn't?
Post #: 1316
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2018 8:55:09 AM   
Ricky J

I just went to Vikings.com and the clicked on tickets. The pop up window stated: Ticket prices may fluctuate based on demand, at any time. Resale ticket prices may exceed face value. Learn more.

Vikings.com lowest price: $223
StuHub, one ticket for $211
(fees not figured in)

- maybe hang out in the tailgate area and act cool n shit and someone will give me a better deal on their extra, huh?

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 12/27/2018 8:56:26 AM >
Post #: 1317
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2018 9:20:58 AM  2 votes
thebigo

quote:

I just went to Vikings.com and the clicked on tickets. The pop up window stated: Ticket prices may fluctuate based on demand, at any time. Resale ticket prices may exceed face value. Learn more.

Vikings.com lowest price: $223
StuHub, one ticket for $211
(fees not figured in)

- maybe hang out in the tailgate area and act cool n shit and someone will give me a better deal on their extra, huh?

Mebbe.
Post #: 1318
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2018 9:59:29 AM   
ronhextall

Vikings and Wild are quite expensive on Stubhub when you compare them to other NFL/MLB franchises.

The Chiefs last night hand first round playoff game tickets for $95 (compared to $230 for Vikings Bears).

Next year we may road trip to KC when the Vikings play there. Cheaper and living in Iowa the drive isn't that much different.
Post #: 1319
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2018 10:09:25 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

Vikings and Wild are quite expensive on Stubhub when you compare them to other NFL/MLB franchises.

The Chiefs last night hand first round playoff game tickets for $95 (compared to $230 for Vikings Bears).

Next year we may road trip to KC when the Vikings play there. Cheaper and living in Iowa the drive isn't that much different.

That sounds like a great idea.

We've been to several Twins games there. Stayed in what used to be called the Sheraton (I believe) getting tickets cheap off of Priceline.

Staying there the night before and going to a football game would be great atmosphere.
Post #: 1320
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2018 10:21:29 AM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

And I'm sure we'd hear the same story if say Khalil Mack/Trubisky suffered injuries in a meaningless game that kept them out of the playoffs.

I guess where we differ is that I believe no one with the Bears thinks the game is meaningless at this point.
Post #: 1321
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2018 10:38:14 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

Let’s hope for the best.

One guy looking for redemption in this game is Elflein. Hicks just embarrassed him in Chicago.
Post #: 1322
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2018 11:08:21 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

Let’s hope for the best.

One guy looking for redemption in this game is Elflein. Hicks just embarrassed him in Chicago.

for sure - it's going to be a war for our interior linemen...stay low - on all fours - dig in and claw like a bloody sherman tank - it's tougher for hicks to step over them than go through them....

also, wilson played very very well last week, and holton hill is a gamer - i'm more concerned about joseph than the others...we need some creative pass-rushing to contain trubisky - blitz guys like alexander, smith and wilson that can catch that punk....

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 12/27/2018 11:14:35 AM >

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1323
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2018 11:08:59 AM   
ronhextall

If Vikings can’t win this game at home with everything on the line then they don’t deserve to be in the playoffs and the Wilfs will have some deep thinking to do.

Bears at full strength shouldn’t matter. The Vikings roster is built to win now and there are tougher teams than they Bears that are in the way.

As far as I am concerned Zimmer and Speilman should have their jobs on the line Sunday. I doubt they do but IMO they should.

< Message edited by ronhextall -- 12/27/2018 11:13:28 AM >
Post #: 1324
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2018 11:27:20 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

If Vikings can’t win this game at home with everything on the line then they don’t deserve to be in the playoffs and the Wilfs will have some deep thinking to do.

Bears at full strength shouldn’t matter. The Vikings roster is built to win now and there are tougher teams than they Bears that are in the way.

As far as I am concerned Zimmer and Speilman should have their jobs on the line Sunday. I doubt they do but IMO they should.

I believe the Wilf's just extended Zim's contract last spring through 2020 season

Unsure what Spielman's contract is

Although the Wilf's (unlike Grampa Glen) most likely would be willing to eat said contracts if they felt they could bring in better coach/Gm. However, by all accounts they really like Zimmer and have said so on many occasions.

If we do lose to the Bears in an unspirited effort at home i could see both Spileman and Zimmer being put on notice. I doubt either gets fired.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1325
Page:   <<   < prev  51 52 [53] 54 55   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  51 52 [53] 54 55   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode