Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  53 54 [55] 56 57   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2018 2:40:47 PM   
SoMnFan

IF we start like we did in Detroit ... we will be down 20+ after 1 quarter.
That should be priority #1 imo.
Do NOT start on our heels.
Post #: 1351
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2018 2:49:20 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Don't go 3 & out for several series' to start the game and we probably won't have to worry about that scenario
Post #: 1352
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2018 2:52:05 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

... Anthony Barr, who is reportedly playing at a very high level right now ...

Reportedly?

Not sure many here rely on reports to make up their mind if someone is playing well or not ... just saying (of course)
Post #: 1353
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2018 5:20:21 PM   
Todd M

quote:

If Kirk Cousins throws 1 TD and 0 interceptions against the Bears, he will be the first QB in NFL history with 30+ TD’s, 10 or less INTs, over 4000 passing yards and a completion percentage over 70%.

Someone said they heard that from Wobby's podcast.

Historically good but people still long for Case! lmao!
Post #: 1354
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2018 7:39:11 PM   
drviking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

If Kirk Cousins throws 1 TD and 0 interceptions against the Bears, he will be the first QB in NFL history with 30+ TD’s, 10 or less INTs, over 4000 passing yards and a completion percentage over 70%.

Someone said they heard that from Wobby's podcast.

Historically good but people still long for Case! lmao!

Whatever helps in the delusion

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 1355
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2018 8:31:59 PM   
Pager

quote:

Exactamundo. I don't care if we are on the half yard line. I'd rather give up a safety then see a QB sneak. Especially with CBs play 7 yards off our talented WRs duo.

Balls to the walls.

I also will puke in my mouth if I see Treadwell.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 1356
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2018 8:38:53 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Daniel House@DanielHouseNFL
I spent some time looking at the numbers and discussed what's changed with the #Vikings secondary. Anthony Harris and Mack Alexander have developed rapidly. After a slow start to the year for the pass defense, things locked in. Find out how:

http://www.mnvikingscorner.com/2018/12/the-vikings-pass-defense-has-quietly.html

I always like Daniels insights. I agree 100% with Mac, Hill, blitz packages/Zimmer/Scheme. I do think Harris was already there, just needed PT. All he did was make plays last year when in the game for Sendejo.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 1357
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2018 8:41:44 PM   
David F.

I’m curious about how much attention chi will give to thielen/diggs. Det dares us to beat them with Rudolph and by golly we did.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1358
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2018 9:02:57 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Where's DL, Hawaii?

San Diego for the week.

That’d be dreary ole San Diego..

It’s been mostly nice in Encinitas.

“Dreary ole San Diego” said heavily with tongue inserted in cheek..

Yeah Encinitas is where I live. You know how to pick em DL.

Hope your wife is taking a victory lap... Huuuge accomplishment..
  Post #: 1359
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2018 9:58:02 PM   
drviking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

Exactamundo. I don't care if we are on the half yard line. I'd rather give up a safety then see a QB sneak. Especially with CBs play 7 yards off our talented WRs duo.

Balls to the walls.

Keep a bucket handy

Beebe has been ruled out of the game

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 1360
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2018 11:26:52 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

If Vikings can’t win this game at home with everything on the line then they don’t deserve to be in the playoffs and the Wilfs will have some deep thinking to do.

Bears at full strength shouldn’t matter. The Vikings roster is built to win now and there are tougher teams than they Bears that are in the way.

As far as I am concerned Zimmer and Speilman should have their jobs on the line Sunday. I doubt they do but IMO they should.

Yes, it's a proven fact that a revolving door at the GM and head coach positions is the surest route to franchise success.

Speilman being let go would be a revolving door? Well that thing sure turns slow.

Most Super Bowl winning coaches did it in less years than Zimmer has had already.
Post #: 1361
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2018 11:41:46 PM   
marty

Did most of those coaches do it with the 1st year with their QB ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1362
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2018 11:52:33 PM   
Ricky J

Lot of talk in here about the past being a sign of the future. If only that were true I wouldn't of had to put up with all the Cubs bullshit these last couple of years

- the Vikings and Cousins should have a great couple of years coming up

- but screw that lets win a few more first
Post #: 1363
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/29/2018 5:48:17 AM   
ratoppenheimer

This is a good explanation of the vikings' first four offensive series in Detroit...mostly cousins fault...go to the link for play by play ....

The Vikings slow start against the Lions wasn’t predestined by poor play calling. More than anything, it was due to a slow start by Kirk Cousins. He misfired to Diggs the first drive - missing an open Aldrick Robinson as well on the same play; and in subsequent drives missed open receivers that could have resulted in first downs. There were also a couple audibles that didn’t work out and a couple sacks. I don’t think there is enough to pin those as errors on Cousins, but it’s possible.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/12/28/18158453/analysis-of-a-slow-start-vikings-vs-lions

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 12/29/2018 12:40:25 PM >

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1364
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/29/2018 7:49:45 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

Reportedly?

Not sure many here rely on reports to make up their mind if someone is playing well or not ... just saying (of course)

To be specific, I was listening to Paul Charchian. I'm an Anthony Barr fan. He's my favorite player, so I have to hear it from other sources to be reassured that it's not just my bias. He said it was no fluke that Barr was chosen to the Pro Bowl and that after he has become healthy he has put together his best games as a Viking these past 5-6 games. If he missed the first Chicago game it might be 3-4 games, but the point for me is that this is a reason for optimism going forward. Two critical players, Barr and Morgan are back and healthy and it's not an accident that the defense is playing at a really high level now and that the running game has been resurrected.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1365
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/29/2018 8:51:31 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

Balls to the walls.

Keep a bucket handy

Beebe has been ruled out of the game

Yep. I've never really understood exactly the whole puke in the mouth thing (like an acid burp?) but Pager ought to get ready for it

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero

Good injury news for the #Vikings: CB Xavier Rhodes participating in the start of practice today.

Bad injury news: LB Eric Kendricks (hamstring) sitting out again and likely out against the #Bears.

FB C.J. Ham, WR Chad Beebe, return man Marcus Sherels also sitting out today.
Post #: 1366
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/29/2018 9:03:11 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

Reportedly?

To be specific, I was listening to Paul Charchian. I'm an Anthony Barr fan. He's my favorite player, so I have to hear it from other sources to be reassured that it's not just my bias. He said it was no fluke that Barr was chosen to the Pro Bowl and that after he has become healthy he has put together his best games as a Viking these past 5-6 games. If he missed the first Chicago game it might be 3-4 games, but the point for me is that this is a reason for optimism going forward. Two critical players, Barr and Morgan are back and healthy and it's not an accident that the defense is playing at a really high level now and that the running game has been resurrected.

Good point!

I see him playing like we need him to now but I didn't see anything like it when he was getting roasted earlier on in the year - but I wouldn't be one of those people you'd look to to decide how well he's playing.

I sure hope he finishes stronger than ever

* I'm heading north within the hour, Bruce. I'm going to hang out at the MOA, suck up the atmosphere and just see how the whole next two days play out. If you want to do a late lunch PM me.
Post #: 1367
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/29/2018 9:08:17 AM   
Phil Riewer

All of you complaining about Cousins and wanting Case Keenum---we wouldn't have beat the @ Lions, @ Eagles, or tied @ Packers with a missed kick to win w/o Cousins. that would be about 6-9 record right now.

What is Case right now? 6-9 with a good running team and defense.

A lot of pressure on Cousins this weekend.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1368
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/29/2018 9:33:34 AM   
Bill Jandro

It's really difficult to say how Case would have fared this season had we kept him.

He had good chemistry with AT/Diggs but w/o Shurmur play calling it may well have been a complete disaster.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1369
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/29/2018 10:20:12 AM   
quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

Reportedly?

Good point!

I see him playing like we need him to now but I didn't see anything like it when he was getting roasted earlier on in the year - but I wouldn't be one of those people you'd look to to decide how well he's playing.

I sure hope he finishes stronger than ever

* I'm heading north within the hour, Bruce. I'm going to hang out at the MOA, suck up the atmosphere and just see how the whole next two days play out. If you want to do a late lunch PM me.

Don’t forget a change of clothes Ricky

Have fun, and bring home a victory...
  Post #: 1370
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/29/2018 10:42:21 AM   
Ricky J

:)

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 12/29/2018 11:33:16 AM >
Post #: 1371
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/29/2018 10:43:07 AM   
Ricky J

My brother-in-law wants to go to the Cowboys Vikings game next year. Has that site been determined yet?
Post #: 1372
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/29/2018 12:58:21 PM   
quote:

My brother-in-law wants to go to the Cowboys Vikings game next year. Has that site been determined yet?

Yeah I was thinking about that one (Have some folks down there)

I think we’ve got a group going to LA...
  Post #: 1373
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/29/2018 1:07:38 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

All of you complaining about Cousins and wanting Case Keenum---we wouldn't have beat the @ Lions, @ Eagles, or tied @ Packers with a missed kick to win w/o Cousins. that would be about 6-9 record right now.

What is Case right now? 6-9 with a good running team and defense.

A lot of pressure on Cousins this weekend.

there is no doubt in my mind that cousins is a better quarterback than keenum...that said, he seems to have a noticeable problem recognizing available receivers in the open field...there were several opportunities during those first four series against detroit that were missed - mostly diggs being wide open....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1374
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/29/2018 2:09:40 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

Yeah I was thinking about that one (Have some folks down there)

I think we’ve got a group going to LA...

We started talking about going to this game before we knew where it was going to be at. Of course it's D

Let me know if you go to Big D.

Ive got one more year (one more football season) before i retire. Then who knows what ill do, where ill go.

Im carrying two personal days over to next year for the unknown (visiti my son will be top priority) but everything about what I do is up in the air

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 12/29/2018 2:12:48 PM >
Post #: 1375
Page:   <<   < prev  53 54 [55] 56 57   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  53 54 [55] 56 57   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode