Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  56 57 [58] 59 60   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/30/2018 7:11:07 PM  1 votes
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I don't care who wins the Super Bowl as long as it's not the Patriots. So the Patriots will probably win it. Sigh. I take these losses really hard.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like we get the 17 pick in the draft each round.

Or the Bears, or the Eagles, or the Saints.
I could maybe handle the Rams?

I'm going AFC no matter who gets in there. Preferably KC or Houston.

Screw the Chiefs. I'm still bitter about 1970.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 1426
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/30/2018 7:11:12 PM  1 votes
Mark Anderson

Offer John Harbaugh GM/Coach with complete control.

If that fails, find a GM who can get Oklahoma coach in here.
Post #: 1427
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/30/2018 7:12:34 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't care who wins the Super Bowl as long as it's not the Patriots. So the Patriots will probably win it. Sigh. I take these losses really hard.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like we get the 17 pick in the draft each round.

I was 3.

But the Hank Stram smugness on NFL Films makes me see where you are coming from.
Post #: 1428
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/30/2018 7:13:15 PM  1 votes
ronhextall

quote:

I am 100% against complete control. I like a GM and a coach.

I would like John as coach.
Post #: 1429
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/30/2018 7:13:39 PM   
David Levine

quote:

No!

No more old, defense first HCs.

We need someone young and innovative. And that understands offense.
Post #: 1430
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/30/2018 7:15:24 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Eh. I like Mahomes.
Post #: 1431
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/30/2018 7:18:47 PM   
odin

A lot of the players looked like "learned helplessness" has set in. They know they can't overcome Zimmer being so severely outcoached in big games and just went through the motions while they were still technically in the game. I didn't see any"reckless abandon" out there.
Post #: 1432
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/30/2018 7:21:27 PM   
Dave Odle

What a horrible showing. So we're stuck w/ Zimmer and Cousins. I just have a feeling. Zimmer will blame it on the O-line (again) and buy himself another year.

Try using hindsight in the present.
Post #: 1433
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/30/2018 7:22:04 PM   
odin

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I was 3.

But the Hank Stram smugness on NFL Films makes me see where you are coming from.

I still hate seeing Stram, but much better to see KC take the prize than cat's butthole-lips ratface and the Saints win it. Almost as bad as the Packers winning it.
Post #: 1434
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/30/2018 7:24:15 PM   
bgdavis

The loss in last year's NFCCG really hurt, and I don't think I ever fully got over it. I was hopeful that they'd finally get to the next level this year, but after the tie to GB and then the debacle against Buffalo, it seemed fairly obvious that this team didn't have it. As the losses mounted, I reached a point where I stopped watching games, and frankly, I found I was enjoying those days a lot more as a result.

This team is stuck in a rut, and I don't see it moving forward until there are several major changes. Spielman, Zimmer, and most of the other coaches seem likable, but this isn't a popularity contest. We need a group of creative and win-thirsty managers and coaches from the top down who won't put up with losing games like this; ones that are pro-active in devising plays and schemes that can continuously keep opponents off balance, ones who aren't afraid to make aggressive game plans that can utterly demoralize the competition from the first possession on; ones that make opponents absolutely afraid to even face this team. Spielman, Zimmer and the rest have had their chance. It's time to move on. I hope the Wilf's realize this before they waste any more seasons going nowhere.

If not, I might be done watching this team until they finally do.

< Message edited by bgdavis -- 12/30/2018 9:07:32 PM >

Heimdall kept the “ringing” horn, Gjallarhorn, which could be heard throughout heaven, earth, and the lower world; he would sound the horn to summon the gods when their enemies drew near.
(Norse mythology)
Post #: 1435
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/30/2018 7:24:53 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: odin

A lot of the players looked like "learned helplessness" has set in. They know they can't overcome Zimmer being so severely outcoached in big games and just went through the motions while they were still technically in the game. I didn't see any"reckless abandon" out there.

I saw learned helplessness. Rieff, Remmers, Compton. Although I would call it being weaker and less athletic than your opponent.
Post #: 1436
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/30/2018 7:29:43 PM   
odin

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: odin

I saw learned helplessness. Rieff, Remmers, Compton. Although I would call it being weaker and less athletic than your opponent.

That they were.
Post #: 1437
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/30/2018 7:32:39 PM   
odin

quote:

ORIGINAL: bgdavis

The loss in last year's NFCCG really hurt, and I don't think I ever fully got over it. I was hopeful that they'd finally get to the next level this year, but after the tie to GB and then the debacle against Buffalo, it seemed fairly obvious that this team did have it. As the losses mounted, I reached a point where I stopped watching games, and frankly, I found I was enjoying those days a lot more as a result.

This team is stuck in a rut, and I don't see it moving forward until there are several major changes. Spielman, Zimmer, and most of the other coaches seem likable, but this isn't a popularity contest. We need a group of creative and win-thirsty managers and coaches from the top down who won't put up with losing games like this; ones that are pro-active in devising plays and schemes that can continuously keep opponents off balance, ones who aren't afraid to make aggressive game plans that can utterly demoralize the competition from the first possession on; ones that make opponents absolutely afraid to even face this team. Spielman, Zimmer and the rest have had their chance. It's time to move on. I hope the Wilf's realize this before they waste any more seasons going nowhere.

If not, I might be done watching this team until they finally do.

How often did we keep a solid opponent on their heels like the Bears did to us in both games this year? Like Richard N. said, Zimmer looks like Elmer Fudd on the sidelines.
Post #: 1438
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/30/2018 7:35:38 PM   
Dave Odle

Cousins is worrisome. Did we just mortgage our future for a guy without the killer instinct? It sure looks that way. He just had no poise at all. You can't blame everything on your line. I would try really hard to draft a QB or sign a FA who can come in and lead this team if we need to bench him. Go get a real LT and leave O' Neill where he is. Then sign at least one G.

Zimmer is the problem, IMO. It doesn't matter what he says. He can't make this right because he can't run and offense and he obviously can't see eye to eye w/ an offensive coordinator. It makes me wonder what Shurmer was able to do motivationally that was different in working w/ the players and Zimmer.

I think it is time to start over. He can run the D as a coordinator or leave. Nobody would want him as a HC right now anyway.

Try using hindsight in the present.
Post #: 1439
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/30/2018 7:55:28 PM   
David Levine

Chris Tomasson@christomasson
Vikings owners Zygi and Mark Wilf both declined comment after the game
Post #: 1440
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/30/2018 8:13:00 PM   
Russell Timmons

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

They're signing the paychecks, so I would imagine they are a little concerned with their investment, i.e., this team.

“Even if we could turn back, we'd probably never end up where we started.” - Haruki Murakami
Post #: 1441
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/30/2018 8:19:31 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Russell Timmons

quote:

They're signing the paychecks, so I would imagine they are a little concerned with their investment, i.e., this team.

It's not even worth caring about who this team picks up until we have a staff in place that can get something out of them. Hopefully the Wilfs see it too.
Post #: 1442
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/30/2018 8:28:01 PM   
Ragnarök

Zimmer comes off as a bumbling, stumbling old codger who is too stubborn to change...

Zimmer hated where the O was going last year with Case and his lucky horseshoe, but he saw we were in an oh shit mode at QB and just rolled with how it went all the way to a NFC Championship game... This year with more of his own meddling and fingerprints all over the mess it just got quickly into dumpster fire mode...

Zimm must micro manage stuff he has no biz being in, he isnt a big team chemistry guy, do your job, not into caring about keeping the atmosphere light or guys enjoying themselves... Thinks our brand new facility is a total waste and longs for a musty old locker room with mold growing on walls and florescent lighting that blinks... Chalk boards and lots of yelling... DO YOUR JOB...

Time for Zimm to look in the mirror, he is a dinosaur, the times have passed him by and his tricks on D arent even fooling anyone any more...

Time for a change!

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 12/30/2018 8:29:20 PM >
Post #: 1443
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/30/2018 8:28:07 PM   
Tom Sykes

Zimmer is kinda going the Tice route for me ... really like the dude on a certain level - seemed the antithesis no-nonesense guy compared to the previous HC ... but just doesnt have it as a HC.

We have cut Zimmer a lot of slack because the defense has been real good but even that is frustrating as hell at times, namely big games.
Post #: 1444
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/30/2018 8:30:58 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

Zimmer is kinda going the Tice route for me ... really like the dude on a certain level - seemed the antithesis no-nonesense guy compared to the previous HC ... but just doesnt have it as a HC.

We have cut Zimmer a lot of slack because the defense has been real good but even that is frustrating as hell at times, namely big games.

Its not like his defenses have done very well historically in playoff games when he was DC either.
Post #: 1445
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/30/2018 8:46:51 PM   
Russell Timmons

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Russell Timmons

quote:

It's not even worth caring about who this team picks up until we have a staff in place that can get something out of them. Hopefully the Wilfs see it too.

I'm hoping they are having those conversations right now. They've given a lot of bright shiny objects for this head coach to play with. They gave this team the "missing link" with tens of millions spent on a QB. They've listened to a GM who is incompetent at putting together an offensive line. And they just watched their investment digress into mediocrity. They're not stupid. I'm sure they are discussing some of these same issues.

“Even if we could turn back, we'd probably never end up where we started.” - Haruki Murakami
Post #: 1446
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/30/2018 8:54:11 PM   
The Happy Norseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Odle

Cousins is worrisome. Did we just mortgage our future for a guy without the killer instinct? It sure looks that way. He just had no poise at all. You can't blame everything on your line. I would try really hard to draft a QB or sign a FA who can come in and lead this team if we need to bench him. Go get a real LT and leave O' Neill where he is. Then sign at least one G.

Zimmer is the problem, IMO. It doesn't matter what he says. He can't make this right because he can't run and offense and he obviously can't see eye to eye w/ an offensive coordinator. It makes me wonder what Shurmer was able to do motivationally that was different in working w/ the players and Zimmer.

I think it is time to start over. He can run the D as a coordinator or leave. Nobody would want him as a HC right now anyway.

That's the thing, the oline is so awful that it can be argued that their ineptitude is responsible for the downfall of the entire team. It's too hard to tell if Cousins sucks, Zimmer sucks, etc. because the oline is so bad. Zimmer and Spielman aren't getting fired one year removed from the NFCCC. This team needs to get the oline fixed. Once that happens we'll all be able to tel if Cousins sucks, the OC sucks, or Zim sucks, or if we fix the oline and we're actually a viable Superbowl contender. If the Vikings are mediocre again next year then I suspect RS and Zim get shown the door.

If the Cubs can win the World Series...
Post #: 1447
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/30/2018 9:07:02 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Happy Norseman

quote:

That's the thing, the oline is so awful that it can be argued that their ineptitude is responsible for the downfall of the entire team. It's too hard to tell if Cousins sucks, Zimmer sucks, etc. because the oline is so bad. Zimmer and Spielman aren't getting fired one year removed from the NFCCC. This team needs to get the oline fixed. Once that happens we'll all be able to tel if Cousins sucks, the OC sucks, or Zim sucks, or if we fix the oline and we're actually a viable Superbowl contender. If the Vikings are mediocre again next year then I suspect RS and Zim get shown the door.

What does the oline have to do with a defense that continually gave up the score when our offense finally did something? The defense sucked when it mattered all season. Feels to me like players aren't buying in anymore.
Post #: 1448
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/30/2018 9:15:32 PM   
The Happy Norseman

quote:

quote:

quote:

What does the oline have to do with a defense that continually gave up the score when our offense finally did something? The defense sucked when it mattered all season. Feels to me like players aren't buying in anymore.

I think the defense had a tough time keeping their intensity up throughout the game as they watched the ineptitude of the offense. Sure, we scored one TD, but it felt like luck that we even got that TD. The loss if Kendricks and Rhodes really showed as well. We've all seen defenses feed off of offenses and vice versa. The same is true when one unit looks completely inept. The D was underwhelming today, but the offense was truly awful. Awffense?

If the Cubs can win the World Series...
Post #: 1449
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/30/2018 9:20:48 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think the defense had a tough time keeping their intensity up throughout the game as they watched the ineptitude of the offense. Sure, we scored one TD, but it felt like luck that we even got that TD. The loss if Kendricks and Rhodes really showed as well. We've all seen defenses feed off of offenses and vice versa. The same is true when one unit looks completely inept. The D was underwhelming today, but the offense was truly awful. Awffense?

I'm not sure that happened today.

Bears scored a TD on their very first possession. If they crumble after a single offensive 3 and out, they aren't very strong to begin with.

Our defense also allowed a TD directly following our offensive TD - exactly when they should be pumped up from the offense.

Zim's defense puts up some impressive numbers - until the situation gets too big for them.
Post #: 1450
Page:   <<   < prev  56 57 [58] 59 60   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  56 57 [58] 59 60   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode