Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  77 78 [79] 80 81   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2019 7:00:03 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Freaking Philly lucky bastards

Hopefully it continues next weekend
Post #: 1951
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2019 7:02:14 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

I can't decide Eagles vs Saints. Do I want to get kicked or kneed in the groin?

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 1952
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2019 7:03:04 PM  1 votes
Bill Johanesen

Welcome Bears to your own Blair Walsh project.

Amazing that the most nonathletic guy on the field decides the outcome of an incredibly physical game.

Seems akin to the Electoral College in some modern-ancient way.
Post #: 1953
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2019 7:06:51 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

Brad, that's a strong point regarding most qb's getting rid of the ball quicker in today's game.

However, when a team is down late in the game that is when a pass rush becomes more valuable. QB's do hang on to the ball longer trying to make something happen.

I still value a good pass rusher. But we're paying TWO 13 and 11ml next season. With the emergence of Weatherly I think the prudent thing to do is move on from the aging Griffin. unsure if he has much trade value at his age coupled with a rich contract.

I think good DT's are paramount to stuff the run.

I have no problems with having a great pass rusher. I just don't happen to think it's as great of a need as having great corners.

A ton of average defensive linemen have been made to look great by having great corners. Not many corners have been made to look great because of a great defensive end.

Bears corners in '85' and this year are one example off the top of my head.

Carl Lee, Reggie Rutland(before he changed his name), Jimmie Hitchcock, Corey Fuller all looked great with stud pass rushers. Does anybody who isn't a diehard Viking fan know who these guys are.

Most NE corners during their dynasty.
Post #: 1954
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2019 7:09:20 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

quote:

It's AFC for me. Really not a fan of any of the 6 NFC playoff teams.
Post #: 1955
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2019 7:16:07 PM   
Ragnarök

The bigger WTF in the NFL is the judgement calls if the ball crossed the line to gain or end zone, leaving it to F'ed up camera angles and judgement...

Refs and their spotting of the ball at times is atrocious as well...

A billion dollar company with billions more wagered weekly and they cannot embrace tech enough to simply put in place methods that track the ball on the field of play...

Lame

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 1/6/2019 7:17:49 PM >
Post #: 1956
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2019 7:22:19 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I just finished the Ravens- Chargers game. (I recorded it ) It was interesting how the Chargers should have scored a TD, but even with replay review it was ruled short. (Bad call.) The referee on the field ruled that it was down at the one yard line. Even after the replay it was spotted at the one. If it wasn't a TD it should have been at the one inch line.

Then the next play there was a fumble near the goal line and it was run back for a TD, but it was ruled down at the 6 inch line. That would have been a TD if the ball was spotted properly from the play before, but amazingly it was ruled down and not a fumble. (so close, but correct call imo)

Then on fourth down the Chargers scored. It just felt like it was so hard to score a TD on that Ravens defense. Their defense is good. (But they lost anyway.)

Anyone else see it the way I did?

Agreed!
The non TD call was bad.
The spot after non TD call was TERRIBLE.

If that fumble into the endzone and return for Raven TD would have stood... wow, total game changer.

Would have been furious if I was a Charger fan.

That series probably decided the game...

And then it happened again in the Bears-Eagles game on the 2 point conversion try. It was sooooo close to touching the line- but I do believe they got it right. Then, that field goal hit an upright and a cross bar. How close can you get and not win the game.

I just want to say it, now, and perhaps I am not the first to say it: the Bears messed up by beating the Vikings last week. If they had just packed it in they would have got the Vikings and it would have been an easy win for them.

What the Eagles have and the Vikings don't have is mental toughness. I think I'll be talking a lot about mental toughness this off-season. That's what the Vikings need.

I also have to say that the Eagles have to be thanking their lucky stars. That was a close one. They were good- but they also were lucky.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1957
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2019 7:24:27 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

NFC North... we don't win playoff games on last second kicks...

I feel for the bears...

It was a lot like our loss to the Seahawks, wasn't it. The Bears fans must be really unhappy, right now. I feel their pain.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1958
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2019 7:28:27 PM   
Ragnarök

The game would have gotten even more insane/exciting if on the final Eagles two point try that may or may not have broken the plane, when the ball was fumbled the bears would have had the presence to try for the recovery and run it back for two points and the lead...
Post #: 1959
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2019 7:29:40 PM   
Bruce Johnson

There seems to be some magic affecting the Bears kicker. He did this earlier this season.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/11/cody-parkey-missed-kicks-hit-uprights-bears-lions-video

Post #: 1960
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2019 7:32:43 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Who should be more unhappy, right now? Vikings fans or Bears fans? It's debatable.

Post #: 1961
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2019 7:46:38 PM   
Bill Jandro

I actually dislike the Bears less than Philly and Saints.

That was a very good game.

Agree Bruce on our lack of mental toughness.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1962
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2019 7:49:28 PM   
jbusse

quote:

quote:

NFC North... we don't win playoff games on last second kicks...

I feel for the bears...

It was a lot like our loss to the Seahawks, wasn't it. The Bears fans must be really unhappy, right now. I feel their pain.

So many parallels to 2015 Vikings: young, dominant defense, 2nd year promising (maybe) QB, and the final kick. Let's see if Trubisky blows out his knee next training camp.
Post #: 1963
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2019 8:26:43 PM   
Bill Johanesen

The Bears are who we thought they were! Now if you want to crown 'em, then crown their ass! But the Bears are who we thought they were!
Post #: 1964
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2019 8:30:51 PM   
Bill Johanesen

I mean shit, for $23 bucks you get more excitement than that, hell you're in the wrong operation.

I don't like to name names after a f***** game but.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNcBFZ26lcI
Post #: 1965
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2019 8:38:05 PM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

quote:

I just finished the Ravens- Chargers game. (I recorded it ) It was interesting how the Chargers should have scored a TD, but even with replay review it was ruled short. (Bad call.) The referee on the field ruled that it was down at the one yard line. Even after the replay it was spotted at the one. If it wasn't a TD it should have been at the one inch line.

Then the next play there was a fumble near the goal line and it was run back for a TD, but it was ruled down at the 6 inch line. That would have been a TD if the ball was spotted properly from the play before, but amazingly it was ruled down and not a fumble. (so close, but correct call imo)

Then on fourth down the Chargers scored. It just felt like it was so hard to score a TD on that Ravens defense. Their defense is good. (But they lost anyway.)

Anyone else see it the way I did?

Agreed!
The non TD call was bad.
The spot after non TD call was TERRIBLE.

If that fumble into the endzone and return for Raven TD would have stood... wow, total game changer.

Would have been furious if I was a Charger fan.

That series probably decided the game...

And then it happened again in the Bears-Eagles game on the 2 point conversion try. It was sooooo close to touching the line- but I do believe they got it right. Then, that field goal hit an upright and a cross bar. How close can you get and not win the game.

I just want to say it, now, and perhaps I am not the first to say it: the Bears messed up by beating the Vikings last week. If they had just packed it in they would have got the Vikings and it would have been an easy win for them.

What the Eagles have and the Vikings don't have is mental toughness. I think I'll be talking a lot about mental toughness this off-season. That's what the Vikings need.

I also have to say that the Eagles have to be thanking their lucky stars. That was a close one. They were good- but they also were lucky.

I even get starting and playing to win the first half. But once the Rams were up by 3 pls scores, it was just arrogance and stupidity by Nagy to play your starters into the 4th quarter.

I told my Sister in law boyfriend (Bears fan) this last week. They woulda beat the Vikes by two TDs at home. And I'm a big enough of a jerk to remind him of it today.

I'm glad it worked out this way. Rather have the higher pick and hopefully a s**** taste for the players and coaches.

< Message edited by Pager -- 1/6/2019 8:40:44 PM >

Post #: 1966
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2019 8:39:48 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

Who should be more unhappy, right now? Vikings fans or Bears fans? It's debatable.

Too easy! Bear fans. We've had a week to mourn. It's amazing what difference a week makes.
Post #: 1967
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2019 8:40:01 PM   
Pager

The one bad thing out of the Bears kicker (other than Eagles winning - they got incredibly lucky against the Falcons last year too) is that Bailey being with the Vikings is not a guarantee. Parkey will be gone and the Bears are a potentially better landing spot.

We might see Forbath again next year. Or use two draft picks to pick a kicker that wilts under Zimmer.

< Message edited by Pager -- 1/6/2019 8:41:08 PM >

Post #: 1968
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2019 8:44:41 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

The least painful is going to be the Rams - we have to face it
Post #: 1969
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2019 8:46:25 PM   
jbusse

quote:

The one bad thing out of the Bears kicker (other than Eagles winning - they got incredibly lucky against the Falcons last year too) is that Bailey being with the Vikings is not a guarantee. Parkey will be gone and the Bears are a potentially better landing spot.

We might see Forbath again next year. Or use two draft picks to pick a kicker that wilts under Zimmer.

Bailey seems to have lost a step anyway.
Post #: 1970
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2019 8:54:59 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

The bigger WTF in the NFL is the judgement calls if the ball crossed the line to gain or end zone, leaving it to F'ed up camera angles and judgement...

A billion dollar company with billions more wagered weekly and they cannot embrace tech enough to simply put in place methods that track the ball on the field of play...

Lame

No shit! If you have access look where both of the side judges are at when the ball crossed the line. With all the replays you can see neither one of them were at the goal line for a view that would be a straight shot. To me that's incredible especially for the snap to be as close to the goal line as it was.

I knew two things: It crossed and they wouldn't over turn it

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 1/6/2019 9:24:47 PM >
Post #: 1971
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2019 9:06:50 PM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

Lame

No shit! If you have access look at where both of the side judges are at when the ball crossed the line. With all the replays you can see neither one of them where at the goal line for a view that would be a straight shot. To me that's incredible especially for the snap to be as close to the goal line as it was.

I knew two things: It crossed and they wouldn't over turn it

The NFL's failure to adopt technology on ball placement has been one of Todd's pet peeves for many years.
Post #: 1972
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2019 9:12:59 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

The game would have gotten even more insane/exciting if on the final Eagles two point try that may or may not have broken the plane, when the ball was fumbled the bears would have had the presence to try for the recovery and run it back for two points and the lead...

I think they did have the presence. No whistle was blown. No opportunity to scoop and score though.
Post #: 1973
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2019 9:25:39 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

I think they did have the presence. No whistle was blown. No opportunity to scoop and score though.

correct, it was covered up pretty fast
Post #: 1974
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2019 3:45:27 AM   
marty

You're right Bruce, you aren't the first to say it, I was saying it right after the game last week, that the Bears would have been better off pulling their starters lat week and playing the Vikes this week, instead of the Eagles.

And I wasn't the only one thinking it, probably many Viking fans were thinking it.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1975
Page:   <<   < prev  77 78 [79] 80 81   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  77 78 [79] 80 81   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode