Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/17/2019 10:20:52 AM   
Jason Dorn

18 minutes a game from Koivu no goals and two assists plus a -1. Why is he playing? Suter 24 minutes a game and 4 points and a -4 - never will come close to living up to the contract. Personally despise his game and lack of intensity. Dubes the master of giving up soft goals - at least one per game.

Way overdue to blow this thing up. Years to get it done. Not all of those contracts are untradeable. Trade off everything possible.

Go ahead fire the coach - what is that the third one for this group? Rather watch hungry players with something to prove over the current collection of underachieving, half assing it, lack of fire, and how quickly can I get to the off season or no care about winning a cup, I got paid group.

And the excuses or we have to get it going two weeks in - are you kidding me? Obvious they want BB gone. Whatever as a fan I want these Vets gone or roles significantly reduced. Suter no more PP to turn it over on the blue line in every critical game - HMMMMMM. Bench Suter, Koivu, Dubynk - better yet buy them out- please somebody take them.

Skol ... Vikings can win the Super Bowl.
Post #: 326
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/17/2019 10:40:49 AM   
TJSweens

Here is the problem with trying to blow it up. The seven of the eight biggest contacts are either "no move" contracts, (Mikko, Suter, Parise, Spurgeon, Zuccarello) or modified no trade (Zucker has a 10 team no trade list and Duby has 19 teams on his).
The only player worth keeping on that list is Spurgeon.
Mikko's contract is done after this year.
We're stuck with the remaining players unless any of them decide that they want out and waive their no move clauses.

If I were Gueren, I would move heaven and earth to trade Zucker to one of the remaining 20 teams, and let Mikko walk after the season. Then I would purge the organization of every smooth skating Swedish defenseman. I'd like to move NTG to one of the 10 teams not on his list, but that's a pipe dream. We are stuck with him for one more season after this one.

There are no restrictions on trading Dumbo and he could actually bring a good return in a deal.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 327
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/17/2019 12:21:12 PM   
Jason Dorn

The contracts and player status/value are challenging. Be shocked if Mikko was kept. 18 minutes a game for this guy- rather those minutes go to somebody with potential.

Id trade anything I can including Spurgeon my favorite player who deserves to be on a legit contender. Be willing to take pennies on the dollar in trades for some of these guys. Mikko be 4th line or in the minors- please retire. Time to see what these young players can do with increased roles. If it were me Suter be in the press box which probably get me fired but again just not a fan of how he plays the game at all.

Take the lumps with the youngsters, get a draft pick and look towards the future- it be 2-3 years again before relevancy but its better than waiting on this group and its entitled veterans to get it. The current group is done. They do not work well together. Suter, Duby, Mikko still get their precious money just don't appease/reward them for underachieving. Bench them. Maybe they will be willing to move to another team then.

After venting this ought to assure they go on a 5 game winning streak and everyone will be excited again- until Suter/Duby take another dive in the playoffs.

Skol ... Vikings can win the Super Bowl.
Post #: 328
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/17/2019 12:53:06 PM   
SoMnFan

Can't really argue with any points in here this morning
Sweens right on the sucky deals, and Jason and others are right to just be done
I'm at that point too
Its time. Take pennies. Trash the house.
I get we will lose tons of money … Leo has to know that by now.
The only thing that has me mad now, is we didn't do this 2+ years ago once the wheels started coming off
SHOULD have went a completely different direction than we did, with acquisitions and drafts and personnel decisions.
And I was as wrong as anyone at that time. Really felt we might somehow catch lightning in a bottle, but this group, as constructed, will never win a thing.
Agree on all the ideas. Get what you can. Beg those who don't want to leave, to leave. Cut some. Play the Rau's of the world for awhile until a true base can be built of young players.
Talk with Spurgeon and let him call his shots. Contenders would LOVE to have a guy with his skillset.
This has to be blown up. No matter what happens in the next month. Its an unfixable bunch at this point. And becoming very very unlikable.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 329
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/17/2019 1:05:42 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

I'm at that point too
The only thing that has me mad now, is we didn't do this 2+ years ago once the wheels started coming off
SHOULD have went a completely different direction than we did, with acquisitions and drafts and personnel decisions.
And I was as wrong as anyone at that time. Really felt we might somehow catch lightning in a bottle, but this group, as constructed, will never win a thing.
Agree on all the ideas. Get what you can. Beg those who don't want to leave, to leave. Cut some. Play the Rau's of the world for awhile until a true base can be built of young players.
Talk with Spurgeon and let him call his shots. Contenders would LOVE to have a guy with his skillset.
This has to be blown up. No matter what happens in the next month. Its an unfixable bunch at this point. And becoming very very unlikable.

The player in his prime that could get us the biggest commodity, Zucker, has done next to nothing last year and so far this year. As much as FO staff didn't like the last GM, he was right on that move. They traded Nino, Granlund, and Coyle but Zucker should have been first in line. That one falls on the Owner and BB.

I don't exactly remember what BB played in the Zucker, Haula, Tuch mess but when our last GM was ready to get rid of Zucker things went crazy....Zucker must be really well liked, so much so that Russo doesn't even mention him any more. Like someone is telling him to shut it.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 10/17/2019 1:06:50 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 330
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/17/2019 1:05:50 PM   
SoMnFan

Maybe after we get boat-raced tonight things will start to happen.
Montreal has obviously looked at our recent meetings, like Toronto did.
These teams will soon be reversing all the numbers we've put up on them in recent years.
Start the process, asap.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 331
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/17/2019 1:09:54 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

I'm at that point too

The player in his prime that could get us the biggest commodity, Zucker, has done next to nothing last year and so far this year. As much as FO staff didn't like the last GM, he was right on that move. They traded Nino, Granlund, and Coyle but Zucker should have been first in line. That one falls on the Owner and BB.

I don't exactly remember what BB played in the Zucker, Haula, Tuch mess but when he was ready to get rid of Zucker things went crazy....Zucker must be really well liked, so much so that Russo doesn't even mention him any more.

The whole Carly thing is embarrassing, and he was also the one who whined like a baby last year when his buddy Coyle was moved.
Remove the squeaky wheel. Please.
Nothing more irritating than a "scorer" who doesn't "score"
Basically means everyone has given you that label, because you're lacking in other areas.
I posted this in the NHL thread … but
ITS true
I've watched Guentzel play a 100 NHL games the dude has scored in EVERY GD ONE.
And no one goes around calling him a "scorer"
The dude is
To say you are a "scorer" when guys like that are not even considered one … is equal parts hilarious and embarrassing.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 332
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/17/2019 2:19:32 PM   
TJSweens

Seeler is finally back in the lineup tonight. Boudreux should have his bald, blubbery head slapped for leaving him out of the lineup for 5 games.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 333
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/17/2019 2:32:59 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Seeler is finally back in the lineup tonight. Boudreux should have his bald, blubbery head slapped for leaving him out of the lineup for 5 games.

Another terrible oversight
If you're going out, go out big BB
Seriously, sit a couple of these GD coddled losers for once.
Stop being predictable and blaming 5 years of shit on guys like Hartman and Fiala and Rask and Donato
They gotta be going … listen, dude, I haven't been here sucking for years.
If I'm headed out …
Brodin SITS
Koivu SITS
Parise SITS
Zucker SITS
THEY'RE the guys who have been here for the suckage

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 334
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/17/2019 2:50:39 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Stop being predictable and blaming 5 years of shit on guys like Hartman and Fiala and Rask and Donato
If I'm headed out …
Brodin SITS
Koivu SITS
Parise SITS
Zucker SITS

Seeler is to the blue line as Foligno is to the forwards. Tough, smart hard nosed player, who is just a pain in the ass to play against. There was a time when I thought BB valued that, but looking at his player rotations, he clearly doesn't.

Post #: 335
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/17/2019 2:50:51 PM   
twinsfan

What did Carly do?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 336
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/17/2019 3:24:58 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

If I'm headed out …
Brodin SITS
Koivu SITS
Parise SITS
Zucker SITS

I know many blame Parise but I would sit Dubes, Zucker, Brodin, Koivu and cut Rask....pretty much as my first 4/5 actions and Dubes being 1A to Zucker's 1B. I think the first 3 are the problem children. Koivu is just grinding away like normal---it is BB deciding that he plays so many minutes. Fiala just got here late, so I don't know why they are picking on him as they couldn't get him signed.

It sucks that Zucc got hurt so early in the year. Would like to see what he has. Just a dumpster fire.

Post #: 337
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/17/2019 3:26:24 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

What did Carly do?

Media Darlings...how dare you trade a media darling's husband to another market. Pretty much that.

Post #: 338
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/17/2019 3:29:57 PM   
TJSweens

They can't cut Rask. If they do that, they are still on the hook for his $4 million salary each of the next three years. Not to mention, it still counts against the cap.

Post #: 339
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/17/2019 3:44:55 PM   
stfrank

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

quote:

BB got his "vote of confidence" yesterday

tick.
tick
tick

He is already playing Stalock twice in 7 games...maybe he is learning.

Slooooooowwwww learner.

Hey Alex,

Please please please play well enough to keep Flopmonster on the bench!

that's where I am too
love that he plays … worried the whole time that he'll look bad
and we'll be stuck again with you-know-who

Ahhh, who'm I kidding
We're stuck with you-know-who either way.

Doobie has morphed into the evil wizard Voldemort?
Must be because he has the uncanny ability to get small just as the puck is coming his way.
Post #: 340
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/17/2019 3:54:28 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

quote:

BB got his "vote of confidence" yesterday

tick.
tick
tick

He is already playing Stalock twice in 7 games...maybe he is learning.

Slooooooowwwww learner.

Hey Alex,

Please please please play well enough to keep Flopmonster on the bench!

that's where I am too
love that he plays … worried the whole time that he'll look bad
and we'll be stuck again with you-know-who

Ahhh, who'm I kidding
We're stuck with you-know-who either way.

Doobie has morphed into the evil wizard Voldemort?
Must be because he has the uncanny ability to get small just as the puck is coming his way.

I sometimes wonder if he would be better off squatting and sitting still.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 341
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/17/2019 3:58:19 PM   
stfrank

quote:

quote:

quote:

If I'm headed out …
Brodin SITS
Koivu SITS
Parise SITS
Zucker SITS

I know many blame Parise but I would sit Dubes, Zucker, Brodin, Koivu and cut Rask....pretty much as my first 4/5 actions and Dubes being 1A to Zucker's 1B. I think the first 3 are the problem children. Koivu is just grinding away like normal---it is BB deciding that he plays so many minutes. Fiala just got here late, so I don't know why they are picking on him as they couldn't get him signed.

It sucks that Zucc got hurt so early in the year. Would like to see what he has. Just a dumpster fire.

Maybe he allowed himself to get hurt so he didn't have to be involved with the cluster f*** that is this team.

< Message edited by stfrank -- 10/17/2019 3:59:53 PM >
Post #: 342
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/17/2019 4:04:24 PM   
stfrank

Loved all of today's posts and agree completely. I'm glad I'm not the only one that is hollering at the TV for Suter to get the hell off the ice during the PP. Of course Mr. GM wannabe usually manages to take up half the PP time before he meanders over to the bench so a real PP d-man can get on the ice.
Post #: 343
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/17/2019 4:35:31 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

They can't cut Rask. If they do that, they are still on the hook for his $4 million salary each of the next three years. Not to mention, it still counts against the cap.

I understand that....just keep sitting him then until he gives up. I watched a period against Toronto and he couldn't hold onto the puck at least 4 times past or just before center ice. I don't know what they expect? BB has to sit anyone w/o average handles right now.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 10/17/2019 4:38:04 PM >

Post #: 344
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/17/2019 5:15:36 PM   
stfrank

He has to sit the guys that can no longer keep up with the pace of the game. Unfortunately, that won't happen because the would mean sitting our so-called leaders and vets. We could just swap places with the Iowa Wild and I bet we get pretty much the same results but a lot more hustle and energy from our AHL team.
Post #: 345
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/17/2019 8:39:23 PM   
TJSweens

What an awful game.

Post #: 346
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/17/2019 9:47:08 PM   
bstinger

Painful to read, so glad I decided not to watch this year. Before long, I'll probably decide not to read. State of Hockey deserves better. AG should consider charges against those responsible. Holding cell would be full.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 347
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/18/2019 6:58:31 AM   
stfrank

Six games in and a closed door, players only meeting after the game......like that will help anything.
Post #: 348
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/18/2019 8:36:52 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

Six games in and a closed door, players only meeting after the game......like that will help anything.

What did they do? Assemble the players, so that their captain could stand up and be stoic?

Post #: 349
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/18/2019 10:06:57 AM   
stfrank

quote:

quote:

What did they do? Assemble the players, so that their captain could stand up and be stoic?

According to Russo you could hear him being stoic behind the door.
The only quote from after the meeting was from who else.......Zucker.
Post #: 350
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode