Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/7/2019 2:33:37 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Another chance tonight to REALLY change the way things have started
Have we learned some things?
Have we figured out what work?
Or will we simply slip back into suckage.
A 9-out-of-10 run or something similar is the only thing that will make this season even remotely important.
They've now put together about 24 good minutes of hockey in a row.
We need about 3 weeks worth of that. Are you willing, boys?

I wouldn't hold my breath. Last game, they got away with playing 30 minutes of hockey. I am more inclined to think that they will consistently play 30 minutes of hockey each game than anything else.

The only thing I am looking for out of this year is for guys like Kunin, Fiala, Ericksson Ek and Greenway to establish their offensive games.

And the old core of Koivu, Suter, Parise, and Staal finally realize their careers have run their course and it's time to hang it up.
If that happens along with the young guys improving their games it will be a successful season in my book.

Koivu is gone after this year. His contract is up and I don't anyone is beholden to him. He seems like the antithesis of a Bill Guerin player.

Staal is still useful and only has a $3.25M cap hit this year and next year.

Parise and Suter are stealing money and should do the honorable thing and retire.

Bolded part one: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE GONE!!!

Bolded part two: We can only hope and pray.
Post #: 551
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/7/2019 9:42:24 PM   
stfrank

One minute in to the game and Zucker is puck watching as his guy is wide open in front for a goal on the first shot of the game......why do I even bother?
Post #: 552
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/8/2019 7:23:41 AM   
SoMnFan

Not impressed by the furious comeback, clowns
Got down 6-2 to a struggling old team that had been getting stomped
Pathetic effort again for 30 minutes. PATHETIC
Zucker sits on the bench staring blindly into space all night, until we get far enough behind where he can get a meaningless goal or two.
ZERO effort to get a lead, or battle someone tight. Just cannot stand watching him early in games, he's more than a liability.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 553
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/8/2019 7:30:04 AM   
Phil Riewer

Zucker and Donato were benched for most of the 2nd period after their play in the 1st....it is a start.

Stalock mans up and says it is all his fault for the 4 goals given up....why isn't a Zucker going to the microphone once and saying that....

I didn't watch the game but in the recap Russo said we had many chances to tie the game at the end Parise missed multiple times, once on a breakaway. Hartman called on a Major Penalty was a big blow in the 3rd Period.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 11/8/2019 7:32:27 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 554
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/8/2019 7:33:45 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Zucker and Donato were benched for most of the 2nd period after their play in the 1st....it is a start.

They were BRUTAL
And any puck that got close to the net, went in
Our goalies were both AWFUL
The formula when playing the Wild is simple and out there … throw the puck at the net. From everywhere.
It overwhelms us. And we are simply too weak in the mind to overcome it. Half our roster just shuts down, it overwhelms us.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 555
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/8/2019 7:37:21 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

They were BRUTAL
And any puck that got close to the net, went in
Our goalies were both AWFUL
The formula when playing the Wild is simple and out there … throw the puck at the net. From everywhere.
It overwhelms us. And we are simply too weak in the mind to overcome it. Half our roster just shuts down, it overwhelms us.

I have less of a problem with Donato as he is learning the ropes...BB has the bench the captains and the high paid guys when this stuff happens.

Kouivu, Staal, Zucker, Parise, and Suter should have sat for a while (along with Donato).

BB has to get Parise mad I believe for him to get out of his funk and sit him a period or game.

Post #: 556
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/8/2019 7:40:39 AM   
SoMnFan

We talked about it before.
Vets all over the league get scratched, on better teams than this one.
Screw any guy here that thinks he is above that.
I truly thought BB was a coach who would straighten out any prima donnas ass.
He's not.
You cannot tell me Guerin wouldn't go along with benching ANY of these guys.
Do SOMETHING. NOW.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 557
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/8/2019 8:16:56 AM   
stfrank

Well, from the sounds of it I'm glad I turned it off after the first minute of the game last night.
Go Gophers!
Post #: 558
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/8/2019 8:57:59 AM   
stfrank

Wow, I just watched the replay of Parise's breakaway attempt and it baffles me how all he has to do is flip it up over the pad and he chooses to try and force it through the pad......
Post #: 559
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/8/2019 9:25:17 AM   
TJSweens

Two games ago the Wild got away with waiting 30 minutes to start playing hockey. Most teams would look at that and be inspired to try to play 60 minutes and show themselves and everyone else what they are capable of doing. The Wild on the other hand decided they wanted to see if they could pull it out when waiting 40 minutes to start playing hockey. Those first two periods, last night, were the worst sustained 40 minuted I have ever seen a Minnesota professional hockey team play. They looked like they were skating in wet cement. The Sharks just buzzed over, around and through them, non stop, for two periods.

And stfrank .... "One minute in to the game and Zucker is puck watching as his guy is wide open in front for a goal on the first shot of the game......why do I even bother? " ... Andrew Zucker or Jason Wiggins strikes again.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 560
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/8/2019 9:32:49 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Wow, I just watched the replay of Parise's breakaway attempt and it baffles me how all he has to do is flip it up over the pad and he chooses to try and force it through the pad......

I'm almost convinced his time in hockey has all been geared towards one thing … being the first human to force a puck thru a set of goalie pads.
He is the Wayne Gretzky of
"Shortest Shot Attempts" by a million.
He has attempted roughly 12 million stuff-it-thru-the-pads maneuvers.
Its paid off nicely. For him. NOT his teams.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 561
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/8/2019 9:36:47 AM   
SoMnFan

I think that's the most frustrating part of this team, half the roster is actually ARROGANT enough to think they can play half a game and still get it done.
The Sharks are the team I follow most, after the Wild.
They have been on a mountain for a decade that we will never reach, yet like last night, their guys scored, and headed to the faceoff like "lets go".
Our overpaid clowns get lucky, and act like its a Stanley Cup game-winner.
There's simply something very wrong with the make-up of the roster.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 562
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/8/2019 9:36:47 AM   
stfrank

quote:

quote:

I'm almost convinced his time in hockey has all been geared towards one thing … being the first human to force a puck thru a set of goalie pads.

Do you suppose at one time that move worked against his brother when they were kids and he has been doing it ever since?
Post #: 563
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/8/2019 9:38:26 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

Do you suppose at one time that move worked against his brother when they were kids and he has been doing it ever since?

All I know is that a guy who is making a base salary of $9million this year should be able to elevate a puck over an outstretched goalie pad.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 564
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/8/2019 10:43:38 AM   
TJSweens

And of course, no Wild game would be complete without getting boned by the referees. The slashing major on Hartman in the 3rd period was total bs. Evander Kane cross checked Hartman and Hartman gave him a one handed tap on the back of the leg. Kane felt the tap and threw himself on the ice and started calling for a priest to come and administer last rights. He limped off the ice and was ready for his next shift. Hartman got 5 minutes while Brent Burns gt nothing for charging in and throwing punches at Hartman.

Post #: 565
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/8/2019 5:25:56 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

And of course, no Wild game would be complete without getting boned by the referees. The slashing major on Hartman in the 3rd period was total bs. Evander Kane cross checked Hartman and Hartman gave him a one handed tap on the back of the leg. Kane felt the tap and threw himself on the ice and started calling for a priest to come and administer last rights. He limped off the ice and was ready for his next shift. Hartman got 5 minutes while Brent Burns gt nothing for charging in and throwing punches at Hartman.

I can't believe the stripes looked that over and still didn't assess Kane 2 minutes for cross-checking and another 2 minutes for diving.
Post #: 566
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/8/2019 6:12:40 PM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

I can't believe the stripes looked that over and still didn't assess Kane 2 minutes for cross-checking and another 2 minutes for diving.

It's crap like that has made me watch less and less NHL hockey. It's almost as if most of the NHL refs are ex players that couldn't play for shit so they are now refs screwing with the players they wished they could be.
Post #: 567
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/8/2019 7:25:17 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

I think that's the most frustrating part of this team, half the roster is actually ARROGANT enough to think they can play half a game and still get it done.
The Sharks are the team I follow most, after the Wild.
They have been on a mountain for a decade that we will never reach, yet like last night, their guys scored, and headed to the faceoff like "lets go".
Our overpaid clowns get lucky, and act like its a Stanley Cup game-winner.
There's simply something very wrong with the make-up of the roster.

IMO it all started when DR had the brilliant idea of naming 9 the C before his plane landed in the US. This franchise has always done things wrong. Even good decision bit us in the ass (hiring JL).
Post #: 568
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/8/2019 7:25:48 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

All I know is that a guy who is making a base salary of $9million this year should be able to elevate a puck over an outstretched goalie pad.

Even if they play for the Clippers for cimmminies…..
Post #: 569
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/8/2019 8:22:08 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

I noticed that Kane rose from the dead and didn't miss a shift.

Post #: 570
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/9/2019 9:51:30 PM   
SoMnFan

Minnesota.

Land of WINNERS.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 571
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/10/2019 6:22:49 AM   
stfrank

quote:

Minnesota.

Land of WINNERS.

Yeah, except for the Gophers BB team it was a pretty damn good day yesterday.
I tuned in to the Wild in time for the last 10 minutes of the game and watched them play the usual frantic hold on for dear life finish. Of course Parise was on the ice for his chance to add to his empty net goals, but he may be at his limit for the month already. A win is a win though, and they need them that's for sure.
Post #: 572
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/10/2019 10:49:53 AM   
SoMnFan

Same thought
Loved the win
Loved that Ek was on ice the last two minutes
Frustrated as hell that Koivu and parise were
Koivu was 3-218 on face offs.
But he’s great at it I guess

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 573
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/11/2019 9:06:51 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Same thought
Loved the win
Loved that Ek was on ice the last two minutes
Frustrated as hell that Koivu and parise were
Koivu was 3-218 on face offs.
But he’s great at it I guess

Big key is Hartman had more minutes.

Post #: 574
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/11/2019 9:21:58 AM   
SoMnFan

Because he’s a legit NHL player
Biggest surprise was winning in the desert without Foligno and Kunin

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 575
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode