Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  146 147 [148] 149 150   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 5:16:06 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

https://www.vikings.com/video/cousins-this-was-a-special-win

Cousins giving a shout out to fans for 3 weeks in a row (2 on the road) bringing it.

Also gave a huge shoutout to Stefanski. Said he had the whiteboard out and was drawing up plays on it (First time this year). Said countered what Denver was taking away with plays that were big gainers in the second half.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 3676
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 5:19:16 PM   
Pager

Ragnarok called it; gave Stefanski credit for the second half. Which was spot on.

Post #: 3677
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 5:20:32 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

Ragnarok called it; gave Stefanski credit for the second half. Which was spot on.

I'm glad Stefanski is a creative guy! Let him run the offense how he sees fit!
Post #: 3678
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 5:23:41 PM   
bohumm

There is plenty to cause concern about the Vikings, but nothing new. There is a lot to like, including the "new" reality that Cousins can win a prime time game, beat good teams, come from behind, etc.

We are an upper-middling team that usually beats teams we should and usually loses to better teams. We don't have a lot of margin for error, but we are capable of being very good for significant stretches.

Today, we had an epic comeback led by our upper-middling (which makes him upper tier) QB. Our defense is not as good as its reputation and no one lately has risen to outperform their normal stratum.

This was a fun game to me even though I'm not blind to concerns it raised. I choose to enjoy a great, great satisfying win.
Post #: 3679
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 5:38:59 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

There is plenty to cause concern about the Vikings, but nothing new. There is a lot to like, including the "new" reality that Cousins can win a prime time game, beat good teams, come from behind, etc.

We are an upper-middling team that usually beats teams we should and usually loses to better teams. We don't have a lot of margin for error, but we are capable of being very good for significant stretches.

Today, we had an epic comeback led by our upper-middling (which makes him upper tier) QB. Our defense is not as good as its reputation and no one lately has risen to outperform their normal stratum.

This was a fun game to me even though I'm not blind to concerns it raised. I choose to enjoy a great, great satisfying win.

New Orleans loses to 1-7

Packers lost to Eagles.

San Fran is losing to Arizona right now.

What team in the NFC is invincible?

There's only 1 game I was pissed after. It was the Bears game - cuz we had no fight.

Post #: 3680
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 5:44:48 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

Denver knew what we were, a running team leaning on Cook, as well they knew the schemes and ideology of Kubiak... We came out with Zimmer having tablet in hand, sticking his nose into offensive playcalling and working hard off an sheet prepared with Zim and Kub philosophy...

It was evident, as evident as how we started the season and self proclaimed "that 70s's Offense" our HC is sure will win games while coupled with his vaunted D...

Well guess what... BOTH FAILED

Step pulled out a whiteboard and a breath of fresh air overtook the offense with what a entire first half could not do... We were countering their punches, using fresh new schemes and calling plays that the D didnt see coming... It won the game, along with Kirk and our offense executing. Why? because even us as fans could call the plays that would be run next in first half... second half was different...

Will we see more of this? With our HC, doubt it... And the HC's D remains truly troubling BTW!

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 11/17/2019 5:49:25 PM >
Post #: 3681
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 5:50:31 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

quote:

quote:

Denver knew what we were, a running team leaning on Cook, as well they knew the schemes and ideology of Kubiak... We came out with Zimmer having tablet in hand, sticking his nose into offensive playcalling and working hard off an sheet prepared with Zim and Kub philosophy...

It was evident, as evident as how we started the season and self proclaimed "that 70s's Offense" our HC is sure will win games while coupled with his vaunted D...

Step pulled out a whiteboard and a breath of fresh air overtook the offense with what a entire first half could not do... We were countering their punches, using fresh new schemes and calling plays that the D didnt see coming... It won the game, along with Kirk and our offense executing. Why? because even us as fans could call the plays that would be run next in first half... second half was different...

Will we see more of this? With our HC, doubt it...

Give it up the Zimmer and Kubiak hate dude. The oline, the focused draft picks, etc. have a lot to do with Kubiak. We took on a pretty good defense and Cousins played like the top 5 QB he is now ranked....

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 3682
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 5:57:48 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I recorded the game and just finished. Really hard game to watch. Honestly I had to fast forward more than a few times. Really painful. Watching the game that way (and of course skipping the commercials) it felt like we lost. We won, though, right?

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 3683
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 5:58:39 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Give it up the Zimmer and Kubiak hate dude. The oline, the focused draft picks, etc. have a lot to do with Kubiak. We took on a pretty good defense and Cousins played like the top 5 QB he is now ranked....

Being critical IS NOT HATE...

Did you watch the same game I did?

Have you been paying attention this season as to which philosophy of our two headed monster OC and HC are being implemented?

There are distinct differing views of how to win a game and utilize weapons on this team...

I dont HATE Zimmer, I think he has some major deficiencies as a HC, I dont hate Kubiak, I think he has a place... I dont hate Kirk, I think he can execute to degree needed to win when put in right postitions...

I state things on this opinion message board as I see them sometimes right, many times wrongly... I take everyones opinions here with an open mind and admit when I am wrong or someone makes a point that changes mine...

That is the enjoyment of a FAN PAGE, seeing the picture through many other eyes, because sometimes my own are jaded...

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 11/17/2019 6:01:45 PM >
Post #: 3684
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 6:12:49 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

Will we see more of this? With our HC, doubt it... And the HC's D remains truly troubling BTW!

Denver had 2 weeks to prepare and Fangio has ate our lunch the last couple years.

The whole coaching staff made adjustments at halftime and we outscored them 27-3.

If you want to believe that Stephanski was making up plays, go for it. The Rudy TD was a play we have run many times. Dalvin screen many times before.

The RPO(or really good play action) where we went deep to Diggs might have been drawn up on the fly.

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 11/17/2019 6:13:58 PM >
Post #: 3685
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 6:13:55 PM   
jbusse

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Being critical IS NOT HATE...

Did you watch the same game I did?

Have you been paying attention this season as to which philosophy of our two headed monster OC and HC are being implemented?

There are distinct differing views of how to win a game and utilize weapons on this team...

I dont HATE Zimmer, I think he has some major deficiencies as a HC, I dont hate Kubiak, I think he has a place... I dont hate Kirk, I think he can execute to degree needed to win when put in right postitions...

I state things on this opinion message board as I see them sometimes right, many times wrongly... I take everyones opinions here with an open mind and admit when I am wrong or someone makes a point that changes mine...

That is the enjoyment of a FAN PAGE, seeing the picture through many other eyes, because sometimes my own are jaded...

But they're 8-3. I don't think their talent level warrants better.
Post #: 3686
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 6:19:31 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Let me just bold this....reread this Rag....Kirk isn't leading a 70s offense. Thielen is hurt so when they double team Diggs what are you going to do except involve Cook in the pass game? No hate in your post?

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 3687
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 6:24:19 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ambear

Well, a shaky 8-3 going into a bye is much better than a depressing 7-4. I think we all need a break. No team is better than the Vikes at helping their fans shit blood.

Over the last two games we beat the #6 and the #5 defenses - they were rightfully tough games...it’s actually something we should be proud of....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 3688
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 6:24:21 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Let me just bold this....reread this Rag....Kirk isn't leading a 70s offense. Thielen is hurt so when they double team Diggs what are you going to do except involve Cook in the pass game? No hate in your post?

In your mind Im wrong, full of hate, sooo wrong...

I cant live in your mind and thankfully you dont live in mine!

Agree to disagree and move on please...
Post #: 3689
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 6:30:49 PM   
thebigo

Maybe this is just what good teams do?
Post #: 3690
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 6:31:17 PM   
SteveR

Defense is kaput. We can't rely on it. We need to score points. No more philosophy where we got the lead, let's get conservative and let the defense take us home. Score. Score. Score.

I think the last two games are the type of games Bill Barnwell says teams will get one year and then not get the next year. If Dallas would not have run twice in their final series last week, they had us. If the Broncos QB was a smidge more experienced, I think they would have had us today, too, on that final series. But they didn't, so we take the Ws and run.

And the Vikes deserve credit for giving themselves a chance to get those Ws. We scored enough to get the lead in both games. We put ourselves in positions where things could go our way.

Onto Seattle. That will be a good test. Too bad we have a bye week. I'd rather we tried to keep rolling.
Post #: 3691
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 6:46:15 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: SteveR

Defense is kaput. We can't rely on it. We need to score points. No more philosophy where we got the lead, let's get conservative and let the defense take us home. Score. Score. Score.

I think the last two games are the type of games Bill Barnwell says teams will get one year and then not get the next year. If Dallas would not have run twice in their final series last week, they had us. If the Broncos QB was a smidge more experienced, I think they would have had us today, too, on that final series. But they didn't, so we take the Ws and run.

And the Vikes deserve credit for giving themselves a chance to get those Ws. We scored enough to get the lead in both games. We put ourselves in positions where things could go our way.

Onto Seattle. That will be a good test. Too bad we have a bye week. I'd rather we tried to keep rolling.

That was a really disappointing performance by the defense. I'm grateful that our new old Viking (Sendejo) made a play at a critical moment and so did our legally maligned safety Kearse. I certainly hope that the team makes a significant overhaul during the bye week.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 3692
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 6:49:57 PM   
ratoppenheimer

That final Denver drive started on their 40 yard line, encompassed 19 plays for over 6 minutes, 5 third downs and 3 fourths downs...it wasn’t a thing of beauty, but we hung in there and stopped them....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 3693
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 6:58:32 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

Maybe this is just what good teams do?

Keep trotting out scrubs like Rhodes to get burnt over and over? I really hope they can replace him with Hill.

I love the win but Rhodes is killing us.
Post #: 3694
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 7:02:21 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Sendejo starting within two weeks. Called it.

Harris is out.
Post #: 3695
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 7:09:37 PM   
Bruce Johnson

The Eagles lost. They are pretty much eliminated since we have the tie breaker with them and we are up two games with five to play.

Checking this website, it says we have a 91% chance of making the playoffs now. I think that's about right. We also have an 8% chance of winning the Super Bowl. Based on today's disappointing play I would say that it a bit high, but indeed the important thing is making the playoffs where the season beings again.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2019-nfl-predictions/

edit: Also notice that only four teams have a better chance of winning the Super Bowl than the Vikings. Interesting.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 11/17/2019 7:11:29 PM >

Post #: 3696
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 7:20:50 PM   
bohumm

I'm still in touch with some stalwarts who have left this site because it devolves into a suicide hotline dominated by negativity and nervous nellies. I stay because I have a sense of community/history with this place and some of the people here, but it's very hard. We all fan in our own ways, but some voices just saturate the the site with complaints and wails and bleats and know-it-all-ism. I'm not talking about being a pollyanna; prohibitions on expressing negatives are just as bad. But there are a handful of posters that embody exactly the sentiment that Pager posted from another site: they'd rather be right about their complaints than win.

We've lost a lot of good posters to this shit, and my guess is we'll lose more. I may soon be one of them.
Post #: 3697
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 7:38:17 PM   
Ragnarök

Yeah, go over to the Daily Norseman site and read all the posts, not just a hand picked excerpt and you will quickly learn the entire flavor and feel of that board and the make up of those posters...

They survive and thrive... Its a board of differing views, here, there, where ever...

So many posters have come and gone since I joined the Strib board that evolved to this in 1997...

This site has always had its share of diverse views... such is all of life.
Post #: 3698
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 8:09:27 PM   
beo

Watching the Rams/Bears game...

Rams lost Talib to injurty and then got rid of him, dumped Marcus Peterson...

Still have a functional secondary... pretty impressive.

Would really like to see Kearse and Holton Hill get more playing time going forward. Not easy to revamp secondary mid season but a positive change there could turn this team into a really dangerous playoff team.
Post #: 3699
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 8:20:21 PM   
David F.

Is it negative posters ‘driving people away’ or is it that some posters have a compulsive need to control the narrative and can’t tolerate personalities that refuse to conform? Some of both. Plenty of both.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 3700
Page:   <<   < prev  146 147 [148] 149 150   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  146 147 [148] 149 150   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode