Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  147 148 [149] 150 151   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 8:26:11 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Is it negative posters ‘driving people away’ or is it that some posters have a compulsive need to control the narrative and can’t tolerate personalities that refuse to conform? Some of both. Plenty of both.

Because there wasn't any negative posters on the strib? Seriously?

I'm sure some of it is the NFL has changed, some of it the team still hasn't made it to the big game in 42 years, some of it posters being negative and some people having to control the narrative.

Even if many disagree with me I feel like 99% on here are great people. We all want that elusive trophy!
Post #: 3701
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 8:38:27 PM   
Ragnarök

In back to back weeks I have seek Kirk Cousins win a game against a team with a winning record playing in the National spotlight and now today lead his team back from being down 20 with little hope at half to a win.

Both these items I rode Kirk hard on his inability to be able to execute. I will admit he is showing qualities I had great apprehension of believing in with him. That said, he still has his own issues, as does the whole team in todays win.

But... WAY TO GO KIRK, now use these past two wins through the bye to propell us to another level and shut me up permanently... I will gladly not only eat my serving of crow but give praise when due...

Now the desense and propensity for stoopid penalties extending opponents drives as well as seeminly de-evolution of our secondary is a horse worth beating with a stick!

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 11/17/2019 8:41:37 PM >
Post #: 3702
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 8:43:13 PM   
bohumm

Some who left fall into what David called the party line camp, but several more just find the negaphants to be the problem. It's one think to not like Kirk or Zimmer, but endless bleating just adds to the problems many of us experience when the team is underperforming.
Post #: 3703
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 8:56:44 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

In back to back weeks I have seek Kirk Cousins win a game against a team with a winning record playing in the National spotlight and now today lead his team back from being down 20 with little hope at half to a win.

Both these items I rode Kirk hard on his inability to be able to execute. I will admit he is showing qualities I had great apprehension of believing in with him. That said, he still has his own issues, as does the whole team in todays win.

But... WAY TO GO KIRK, now use these past two wins through the bye to propell us to another level and shut me up permanently... I will gladly not only eat my serving of crow but give praise when due...

Now the desense and propensity for stoopid penalties extending opponents drives as well as seeminly de-evolution of our secondary is a horse worth beating with a stick!

Everyone has issues.
Eventually Cousins will have a bad game. The Vikes probably won't win the Super Bowl. Hopefully you're enjoying his play this year and how it's vital to our teams victories. Honestly it doesn't appear to me that you are?

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 3704
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 8:58:52 PM   
Tim Cady

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tim Cady

quote:

From DailyNorseman POST OF THE YEAR!!:

Kirk F'n Cousins
Terrible line blocking.

No running game.

Questionable play calling.

20 point deficit.

Comeback for the ages.

All you Cousins haters, all you "Beeker" jackholes, do the right thing. Come on here and admit you’re morons. We know you are, you know you are… come on, admit you’re morons, admit you secretly (and weirdly) actually root for this team to lose so you can look right… admit it all. You’ll feel better.

Posted by oldschoolvikings on Nov 17, 2019 | 4:51 PM reply unrec (1)

Kirk has been great since October. Even with the fumble lost today he was spectacular. I am just not sure he is our future, he is a three year rental and we could have taken Lamar Jackson at 30 versus Mike Hughes. Pyramid building quarterbacks. Still mad about Ponder and then not addressing in 2012 when they knew they had nothing in him. Loved Teddy pick although once he had the injury it was tough. Had to go with Cousins, but I don't agree with no competition even with guaranteed contract.

I'm a fan of the Denny Green/Bill B approach to QB drafting. I was upset with Hughes over Oline. Jackson wasn't on my radar, to be totally honest.

I'll be at the next game - IN SEATTLE!

Watch out for my cousin Jamie, she does not like opposing fans in her stadium! I am still pining Russell Wilson in 2012. Never get over Fraiser raving about him in senior bowl and Vikings never considering him, even when he fell to 3rd. I was all over Lamar Jackson even in draftday thread I stated I wish we had the balls to draft him. His style is the new style in the NFL. We need to get early lead in Seattle. See how Packers are coming off bye to play SF. Wish they could both lose sorry about Cardinals one 4th and one away from victory end up losing by 10.

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 3705
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 8:59:33 PM   
Steve Lentz

Rudy keeps finding the end zone of late.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 3706
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 9:03:25 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

That was a great play and a great touch pass! The rollout to Diggs play was one of the prettiest plays you'll ever see!

Cousins appeared to be sleepwalking in the first half but so was the rest of the team.

My biggest worry is the secondary. We've been awful in coverage lately. Jaleel brought some nice energy though!
Post #: 3707
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 9:05:55 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

Hopefully Theilen is back for Seattle.
Post #: 3708
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 9:07:22 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

Some who left fall into what David called the party line camp, but several more just find the negaphants to be the problem. It's one think to not like Kirk or Zimmer, but endless bleating just adds to the problems many of us experience when the team is underperforming.

And then there is the group who control so little in their lives, yet live and die on a play of a team that has been a perenial disapointment... Investing a portion of their psyche and sanity into said team to the point of being personally disturbed by the fellow posters on a board...

Its a game, its entertainment, its ups and downs and maybe playoffs if all goes right... its fun to speculate on what may make a team better or pile on when something seems to be holding the team back...

At the end of the day, I hug my children, kiss my wife and then come here and check out what the rest of you wrote, because its fun to be part of a community, but I never take anything personally and I dont let this team change how I will go through my life tomorrow...
Post #: 3709
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 9:15:10 PM   
Pager

"Keep" Proving me wrong.

Cousins better option than Keenum. Anyone still want to argue this?

Cousins a TO machine. 2 TO in 9 games? (1 INT to Diggs, and a fumble on a blindside sack).

Can't win in primetime, etc.

Cousins - LIKE EVERY QB - is going to have good games and bad games. Aaron Rodgers had 30 yard passing until garbage time against the Chargers. And Cousins has had better numbers against same opponents vs AR12.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 3710
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 9:20:03 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

These Bears and Rams playcalls are junior high level
Post #: 3711
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 9:20:07 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

The 'old guard' is doing just fine.

Whipping boys Zimmer, Cousins, Rudy, Sendejo all seem to be doing just fine.
Post #: 3712
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 9:20:56 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

That can't be. The boy geniuses are running these teams.
Post #: 3713
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 9:23:56 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

That can't be. The boy geniuses are running these teams.

Well McVay is afraid to let Giovanni Ribisi even attempt a pass. The Bears as usual look bad on offense.
Post #: 3714
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 9:35:19 PM   
Ragnarök

Paul Charchian
@PaulCharchian
Kirk Cousins has thrown 177 passes without an interception, the longest active streak in the NFL, and the longest by a Viking in 24 years.
Post #: 3715
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 9:36:59 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

Watching the Rams/Bears game...

Rams lost Talib to injurty and then got rid of him, dumped Marcus Peterson...

Still have a functional secondary... pretty impressive.

Would really like to see Kearse and Holton Hill get more playing time going forward. Not easy to revamp secondary mid season but a positive change there could turn this team into a really dangerous playoff team.

So that's what you get when you trade 2 1sts and a 4th for an all world CB? Functional?
Post #: 3716
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 9:43:05 PM   
Ragnarök

Kyle Rudolph set a personal YAC record when he rumbled for an additional 20 yards on his 32 yard TD reception.
Post #: 3717
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 10:08:17 PM   
thebigo

Turdbiscuit benched
Post #: 3718
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 10:14:47 PM   
Ragnarök

Enjoyable watching Chicago go through their own "Ponder Years"

Cant wait for Green Bay to get a chance to do so as well after their Favre/ Rodgers run their time is coming!
Post #: 3719
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 10:26:36 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

Enjoyable watching Chicago go through their own "Ponder Years"

Cant wait for Green Bay to get a chance to do so as well after their Favre/ Rodgers run their time is coming!

My greatest football nightmare? The Packer's getting a third hall of fame quarterback back to back to back. 50 years of Hall of Fame QB play in a row.

Post #: 3720
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 10:39:45 PM   
Pager

Offense is currently 9th in YPG, while our defense is a disappointing 15th in YPG. Definitely the worst ranking of the Zimmer era.

Defense has been on the field for 699 plays which is by FAR the most of any team in the league. Our inability to get off the field on 3rd down is a major contributor to that.

And our offense has scored the 3rd most points in the league trailing only the Ravens and 49ers.

Post #: 3721
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 10:44:58 PM   
Ragnarök

It was not only the only time a team overcame a 20 point halftime deficit to win in the last 100 opportunities, it was the only time in the past 40 years a team overcame a 20+ point halftime deficit by scoring on every second-half possession.

Cousins isn’t supposed to do that, according to his career narrative. But he was nearly flawless (153.5 passer rating) in leading the Vikings to 27 second-half points - including 20 in the fourth quarter. And against the 4th ranked defense. He had been 0-10-1 when trailing in the fourth quarter as a Viking.
Post #: 3722
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/17/2019 10:59:18 PM   
Ragnarök

Tale of two halves is incredible...

Kirk Cousins didn't attempt a pass further than 12 yards downfield and did not have a completion of more than 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage in the first half... (besides the 34 yard pass to Diggs wiped out by offensive holding)

First half:

3 plays, 9 yards - punt
3 plays, 8 yards - punt
5 plays, -1 yards - punt
6 plays, 7 yards - punt
1 play, -3 yards - fumble
0 plays, 0 yards - fumble on kickoff return
5 plays, 17 yards - punt

Second half:

9 plays, 75 yards - touchdown
18 plays, 75 yards - touchdown
3 plays, 62 yards - touchdown
5 plays, 67 yards - touchdown

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 11/17/2019 11:11:15 PM >
Post #: 3723
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/18/2019 12:29:18 AM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

Watching the Rams/Bears game...

Rams lost Talib to injurty and then got rid of him, dumped Marcus Peterson...

Still have a functional secondary... pretty impressive.

Would really like to see Kearse and Holton Hill get more playing time going forward. Not easy to revamp secondary mid season but a positive change there could turn this team into a really dangerous playoff team.

So that's what you get when you trade 2 1sts and a 4th for an all world CB? Functional?

Well, considering the Vikes have what...
4 1st rounders, a 2nd rounder and change invested in a secondary that I'm not sure is functional anymore... yeah, I guess.
Post #: 3724
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/18/2019 12:41:02 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

Offense is currently 9th in YPG, while our defense is a disappointing 15th in YPG. Definitely the worst ranking of the Zimmer era.

Defense has been on the field for 699 plays which is by FAR the most of any team in the league. Our inability to get off the field on 3rd down is a major contributor to that.

And our offense has scored the 3rd most points in the league trailing only the Ravens and 49ers.

you have to take into consideration that we're just taking our bye week now - almost every team has taken thiers already - we've played one more game than just about everyone....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 3725
Page:   <<   < prev  147 148 [149] 150 151   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  147 148 [149] 150 151   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode