Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2019 12:03:29 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Top Graded #Vikings on offense yesterday via @PFF

- Adam Thielen 85.0
- CJ Ham 78.4
- Chad Beebe 73.2

Lowest Graded #Vikings on offense yesterday
- Garrett Bradbury 35.1
- Ameer Abdullah 48.5
- Pat Elflein 58.1

(Matt Anderson on Twitter)

I saw some film breakdown on Bradbury and he was instrumental in several of our best plays. Do people actually care about what PFF has to say?

I heard, don't know how true it is, That Chris Collinsworth is part owner or a high level executive for PFF.

That's was all I needed to know.

No useful information there at all.

Why does it have to be that PFF is either the bible or 'no useful information at all'? On a scale of 1-100 with 1 being no useful information at all and 100 being rock solid nailed it I'd say PFF sits at about a 65-70. It's better for certain positions and worse for others. The majority of their guesswork comes in trying to determine what the players' assignments were on any particular play. Easy for WR, RB, TE, DE, S, CB, and to some extent - QB. Very hard for T, G, C, DT, and to some extent - LB.

My favorites are the people that quote PFF when the results are positive and crucify them when they're negative.

They're far from the "be-all-end-all", but they're a useful supplemental piece of information.

I'm not sure they are any more useful than any individual fan's voice ... but if nothing else, they are a non-viking entity. So referring to them at least feels like you are adding some arbitrary weight to your argument.

However zany they can be at times.
Post #: 426
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2019 12:45:39 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

- Adam Thielen 85.0
- CJ Ham 78.4
- Chad Beebe 73.2

- Garrett Bradbury 35.1
- Ameer Abdullah 48.5
- Pat Elflein 58.1

I saw some film breakdown on Bradbury and he was instrumental in several of our best plays. Do people actually care about what PFF has to say?

I heard, don't know how true it is, That Chris Collinsworth is part owner or a high level executive for PFF.

That's was all I needed to know.

No useful information there at all.

Why does it have to be that PFF is either the bible or 'no useful information at all'? On a scale of 1-100 with 1 being no useful information at all and 100 being rock solid nailed it I'd say PFF sits at about a 65-70. It's better for certain positions and worse for others. The majority of their guesswork comes in trying to determine what the players' assignments were on any particular play. Easy for WR, RB, TE, DE, S, CB, and to some extent - QB. Very hard for T, G, C, DT, and to some extent - LB.

So you are rating a wildly inconsistent scale with your own arbitrary scale as 65-70% accurate?

While I don't concede that there is anything wildly inconsistent about PFF the short answer to your question is 'yes'.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 427
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2019 4:05:15 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Elflein did not practice today. (Because he got beat up last sunday)

Dakota Dozier worked today with first team at left guard and ready to replace Pat Elflein Sunday for #Vikings if that's needed “If my number gets called it’s time to go to work The coaches feel confident in my ability I feel confident in my assignments so if they call me I’m up."

(Chris Tomasson on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 428
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2019 4:06:16 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Matt LaFleur on the biggest thing he learned working under Gary Kubiak: "Just how important the run game is and how it can set up a lot of big plays in the pass game. That’s something I feel real fortunate to have worked for Coach Koob and has definitely shaped my philosophy"

(Courtney Cronin on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 429
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2019 4:07:19 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Minnesota Vikings@Vikings
The #Vikings have signed TE Brandon Dillon (@B_Dillon44) to the practice squad.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 430
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2019 4:45:46 PM   
jbusse

quote:

Elflein did not practice today. (Because he got beat up last sunday)

Dakota Dozier worked today with first team at left guard and ready to replace Pat Elflein Sunday for #Vikings if that's needed “If my number gets called it’s time to go to work The coaches feel confident in my ability I feel confident in my assignments so if they call me I’m up."

(Chris Tomasson on Twitter)

Fun fact: Dakota Dozier was drafted 8 spots before David Yankey in 2014.
Post #: 431
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2019 4:45:54 PM   
DeLain

I was listening to the NFL channel on SiriusXM radio the morning. A guy called saying that his son, who is a huge Falcons fan, went to his first NFL game this weekend in Minnesota. He was so excited to go and spent a lot of money. He was harassed with vulgarities the entire game and had the most miserable experience. The caller said that he went to a game in Foxboro and and was treated so nice by everybody.
Post #: 432
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2019 5:51:02 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeLain

I was listening to the NFL channel on SiriusXM radio the morning. A guy called saying that his son, who is a huge Falcons fan, went to his first NFL game this weekend in Minnesota. He was so excited to go and spent a lot of money. He was harassed with vulgarities the entire game and had the most miserable experience. The caller said that he went to a game in Foxboro and and was treated so nice by everybody.

All they had to do was send a text to the 'fan help' number. There's big banners all over with the number. Problem would have been solved immediately. EDIT: Assuming this really happened and/or isn't being embellished.

< Message edited by David F. -- 9/11/2019 5:52:06 PM >

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 433
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2019 6:02:30 PM   
DeLain

quote:

quote:

All they had to do was send a text to the 'fan help' number. There's big banners all over with the number. Problem would have been solved immediately. EDIT: Assuming this really happened and/or isn't being embellished.

Seemed legit. Just sucks having bad things said about our fan base. The kid was just in the wrong spot.

I have been to quite a few Seahawks games and the police dress in the opposing teams uniforms looking for bad home team fans.
Post #: 434
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2019 6:17:18 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

Seemed legit. Just sucks having bad things said about our fan base. The kid was just in the wrong spot.

I have been to quite a few Seahawks games and the police dress in the opposing teams uniforms looking for bad home team fans.

Just keep wearing those jerseys into enemy territory expecting a bunch a drunks to be nice to you ... then make sure you cry about it to anyone who will listen

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 9/11/2019 6:18:19 PM >
Post #: 435
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2019 7:47:19 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Matt LaFleur on the biggest thing he learned working under Gary Kubiak: "Just how important the run game is and how it can set up a lot of big plays in the pass game. That’s something I feel real fortunate to have worked for Coach Koob and has definitely shaped my philosophy"

Sounds like misdirection.
Post #: 436
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2019 7:49:55 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Kind of turns me off - kind of like when she talks about her old boyfriend
Post #: 437
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2019 7:53:06 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

Kind of turns me off - kind of like when she talks about her old boyfriend

You mean "What she said"?
Post #: 438
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2019 7:57:49 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

I've been harassed and threatened every time I've gone to a Vikings-bears game, even with one of my sons. It's the cost of doing business when you are sitting with an opposing crowd of fans.
Post #: 439
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2019 8:03:30 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

You have to love on successive plays Cousins throws a pass to Dalvin in the flat who gets tackled for no gain.Falcons LBer Deon Jones

stands over Cook celebrating as the broadcast team lauds about how Jones is the best LBer in the league nobody knows about.

Next play Dalvin absolutely trucks over that same Jones about 25 yards down the field. Dalvin changes the scoreboard two plays later from 19 yards out.

Special player w/ better blocking bodes well.

Favorite play of the game, Dalvin trucking a guy who had him lined up
Dudes a real football player
Still think he hits the hole faster than any back we've had
I'm sure that will get shot down, but it just appears that way to me.
Love how he bursts thru small openings.
That can make a shitty O line look ok. An ok O line look good, and an above-average O Line look fantastic.
Hope we keep growing what we saw, and I hope we realize the scouting that will be done on us from this point on.
Creativity in play-calling is going to start to get more important every week. Starting now.

Cook is so fun to watch.

Very smooth and explosive.
(seems like a contradictory statement, but he is smooth and fast! )

I told my buddy here to draft Cook in FF; that he'd be monster this year. First time in 17 years I don't have a FF team, kinda nice to turn off the games after the Vikes played.

Cook reminds me a bit of Robert Smith. He could hit the hole and be through it with the best of them (pls Cook & AP among the top Vikes I've seen speed through the hole). Smith was also deceptively fast, so smooth, you didn't realize the chunks of yards he was eating up. Loved the debate on who would be faster Smith or Moss.

Cook is fast, but not Moss/Smith fast. However, Cook runs with more power and is harder to tackle. Robert Smith so fast and seldom gets recognition for it. As I said before I have seen Randy Moss get caught from behind. Have never seen Robert Smith get caught from behind. Not saying I'm just saying.

I think you're mistaken about Smith not getting recognition for being fast. My recollection was that it was often mentioned that he ran the 100M in college, and I would imagine that OSU is reasonably competitive nationally.

No question he was recognized as fast. Just not recognized as fast as he actually is. One of the fastest ever in the NFL. I'm not saying he was faster than Moss, but I'm not saying Moss was faster than him either.

Michael Bennett was the fastest.

he was a contestant, but no. I've seen him play and Moss and Smith. Moss and Smith were both faster.

Well if YOU'VE seen them all play then it must be true

I wonder where Dillon ranks in there. (pretty dang high if you study the tape)

Nobody claimed that Mitchell was a speed demon. I said he had a good size/speed/production ratio. I'm still hopeful that he becomes a star for the Vikings.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 440
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2019 8:06:25 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

- Adam Thielen 85.0
- CJ Ham 78.4
- Chad Beebe 73.2

- Garrett Bradbury 35.1
- Ameer Abdullah 48.5
- Pat Elflein 58.1

I saw some film breakdown on Elflein and he was instrumental in several of our best plays.

Good to hear.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 441
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2019 8:20:30 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

I've been harassed and threatened every time I've gone to a Vikings-bears game, even with one of my sons. It's the cost of doing business when you are sitting with an opposing crowd of fans.

I went last year with my son who wore a jersey - not a peep. Of course we maybe slightly "threatened" just a little once in the 4th q
Post #: 442
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2019 8:51:28 PM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

Chicago Stadium was rough on visitors, especially high up behind the goalie. I wouldn’t dare wear a North Stars jersey there back in the day.
Post #: 443
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2019 11:00:09 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

quote:

I love that. I hope that they do that in Philly.

Post #: 444
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2019 11:25:53 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Vikings and Packers full injury report for Wednesday:

https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings-week-2-injury-report-against-the-green-bay-packers

Post #: 445
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2019 11:37:34 PM   
Bruce Johnson

The bears crushed the packers with interior pressure, don’t be surprised if you see the 4 defensive end package on Sunday, and a fair amount of stunt plays

(Deshawn Vaughan on Twitter)

Post #: 446
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 7:05:39 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

That's cool.
Post #: 447
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 7:06:07 AM   
Born2Blitz

Vikings sign TE Brandon Dillon to practice squad

By Kyle Ratke | 12 hours ago
Share on Facebook Tweet Share on Whatsapp Share by Email

A day after being released to make room for center Brett Jones on the active roster, the Vikings have signed tight end Brandon Dillon to the practice squad.

The Vikings released kicker Chase McLaughlin from the practice squad to make room for Dillon.

Dillon is a 2019 undrafted free agent out of Marian, an NAIA school. He was initially a surprise to make the team’s 53-man roster.

skol...Skol...SKol..SKOl.....SKOL
Post #: 448
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 7:18:04 AM   
Phil Riewer

Chargers are looking for a good young TE...Henry out for a while.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 449
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 9:32:00 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

The bears crushed the packers with interior pressure, don’t be surprised if you see the 4 defensive end package on Sunday, and a fair amount of stunt plays

(Deshawn Vaughan on Twitter)

the packers won that game...did you mean 'the packers crushed the bears with interior pressure'?....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 450
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode