Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 9:42:11 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeLain

I was listening to the NFL channel on SiriusXM radio the morning. A guy called saying that his son, who is a huge Falcons fan, went to his first NFL game this weekend in Minnesota. He was so excited to go and spent a lot of money. He was harassed with vulgarities the entire game and had the most miserable experience. The caller said that he went to a game in Foxboro and and was treated so nice by everybody.

That was my experience as a Viking fan at Lambeau field. I'm sorry to hear that a Falcon's fan had a bad experience, but I had Viking season tickets for five years and in all those years I only saw a visiting fan harassed once. And it was by one Viking fan who was eventually told to shut up by another Viking fan. Granted, I was always sitting in one section so I can't report on the whole place, but I don't believe that visiting fans who come and are NOT smack talkers get much grief.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 451
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 10:11:55 AM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

quote:

I was listening to the NFL channel on SiriusXM radio the morning. A guy called saying that his son, who is a huge Falcons fan, went to his first NFL game this weekend in Minnesota. He was so excited to go and spent a lot of money. He was harassed with vulgarities the entire game and had the most miserable experience. The caller said that he went to a game in Foxboro and and was treated so nice by everybody.

That was my experience as a Viking fan at Lambeau field. I'm sorry to hear that a Falcon's fan had a bad experience, but I had Viking season tickets for five years and in all those years I only saw a visiting fan harassed once. And it was by one Viking fan who was eventually told to shut up by another Viking fan. Granted, I was always sitting in one section so I can't report on the whole place, but I don't believe that visiting fans who come and are NOT smack talkers get much grief.

Hi Lynn!
Yeah I know we’ve talked about this before, but in my 5 trips to Lambeau only the Favre returns game seemed a little contentious with the fan base.
Now we usually were with a couple Packer fans, but personally I never had one issue there.. The old timers actually invited us into their tail gates..
Compare that with the opener in ‘94 at LA memorial coliseum (Raiders), Seahawks, or even Anaheim Stadium (Rams). No comparison.

At US Bank I’ve never seen a more toned down fan experience (Although wearing home team colors 😂)

Even San Diego fans started getting pretty rowdy to visiting fans the last couple times I was there.

Pretty sure a group of us may outnumber the Charger fans in their 27,000 seat venue this year. Haha
  Post #: 452
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 10:17:42 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

Hi Lynn!
Yeah I know we’ve talked about this before, but in my 5 trips to Lambeau only the Favre returns game seemed a little contentious with the fan base.
Now we usually were with a couple Packer fans, but personally I never had one issue there.. The old timers actually invited us into their tail gates..
Compare that with the opener in ‘94 at LA memorial coliseum (Raiders), Seahawks, or even Anaheim Stadium (Rams). No comparison.

At US Bank I’ve never seen a more toned down fan experience (Although wearing home team colors 😂)

Even San Diego fans started getting pretty rowdy to visiting fans the last couple times I was there.

Pretty sure a group of us may outnumber the Charger fans in their 27,000 seat venue this year. Haha

Interesting stuff
Love the opinions and the accounts of experiences.
4 of us travel to away hockey games every year, its our thing.
I truly believe most times you reap what you sow. If you go looking for a fight, oh, you'll get one. Anywhere.
Sure there are the odd circumstances, but most times, in my experiences ... if you keep your eyes averted and have your own fun at no one else's expense, you'll be fine.
Post #: 453
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 10:43:59 AM   
Lynn G.

The first time I went to Lambeau was for a preseason game, Packers vs. Lions, so I had no skin in the game. Wore no team colors, and pretty much just enjoyed watching a football game. But a couple of older guys, who had had a few, to say the least, spent a good portion of their time heckling a kid with a Lions jersey a few rows down from me. He was probably about 8 years old.

At that time I was actively participating in a Packer forum where I was told over and over again how Packer fans are just so gracious and such good sports to visiting fans. And that even, as they reported, when THEY were the visiting fans at other stadiums they were always the best behaved of every fan that ever lived (or some such nonsense). Then you read reports that Packer fans tipped over some headstones at a cemetery near the stadium where the Bears were playing while Soldier Field was being remodeled, and you have the experiences I have had - and yes, I have heard of opposite situations - where visiting fans have had a good time at Lambeau.

My beef is usually with the over-the-top claim by Packer fans that they are just the best ever, of all time, since the history of sports, when I know it's hogwash.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 454
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 10:44:51 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

The bears crushed the packers with interior pressure, don’t be surprised if you see the 4 defensive end package on Sunday, and a fair amount of stunt plays

(Deshawn Vaughan on Twitter)

the packers won that game...did you mean 'the packers crushed the bears with interior pressure'?....

It was a quote from Deshawn Vaughan, so I'm not certain. Anyway, I just heard from Leber that the Packers like to line up their d-linemen directly over the offensive linemen, which makes it problematic for executing the zone blocking scheme. (kind of forcing us to man up vs double team in the blocking) We may see more passing in this game.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 455
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 10:51:14 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Breaking news.

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) Tweeted:
Source: The #Vikings are placing former first-round WR Josh Doctson, who they signed right before the season, on Injured Reserve with a leg injury. He’d be a candidate to return later in the season. https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1172174679391571969?s=17

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 456
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 11:01:14 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

The bears crushed the packers with interior pressure, don’t be surprised if you see the 4 defensive end package on Sunday, and a fair amount of stunt plays

the packers won that game...did you mean 'the packers crushed the bears with interior pressure'?....

Packers scored 10 points, and had barely more than 200 total yards. Rodgers was sacked 5 times, they rushed for 39 yards and were 2-12 on 3rd down.

They won the game, but "crushed" doesn't seem out of place to describe what the Bears defense did to GB's offense.
Post #: 457
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 11:39:49 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

Not relevant who won or lost. The comment was the that the Bears crushed the Packers with interior pressure and they did. Packers produced very little offense at all. We should be able to do the same.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 458
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 11:41:16 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Breaking news.

Source: The #Vikings are placing former first-round WR Josh Doctson, who they signed right before the season, on Injured Reserve with a leg injury. He’d be a candidate to return later in the season. https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1172174679391571969?s=17

Promote Dillon to 53??

or find another WR.
Post #: 459
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 11:41:54 AM   
Ragnarök

quote:

Breaking news.

Find what Aldrik Robinson is doing and get him in uniform for GB game~!
Post #: 460
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 11:43:21 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

I've been harassed and threatened every time I've gone to a Vikings-bears game, even with one of my sons. It's the cost of doing business when you are sitting with an opposing crowd of fans.

Chicago Stadium was rough on visitors, especially high up behind the goalie. I wouldn’t dare wear a North Stars jersey there back in the day.

One of my favorite sports experiences is at the stadium. With the playing of the anthem at a Blackhawks game in the late 80s they barely make it half way through the song and the place erupts in an enormous applause that lasts until the end of song. Great stuff!
Post #: 461
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 11:59:19 AM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Breaking news.

Promote Dillon to 53??

or find another WR.

Spielman - "Hey Quon, how go it these days bro? Oh man, under a bridge in Kirk's old van, thats rough bro, sorry to hear... But hey... maybe we can help you out a bit with a place to stay and meal card at the facility... Which bridge was that again? "
Post #: 462
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 12:13:48 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

I have been to quite a few Seahawks games and the police dress in the opposing teams uniforms looking for bad home team fans.

That's cool.

Seem like a pretty simple solution, eh? Just that idea in a home team fans head should make that work, for all but the most neanderthal at least.
Post #: 463
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 12:28:41 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

I have been to quite a few Seahawks games and the police dress in the opposing teams uniforms looking for bad home team fans.

That's cool.

Seem like a pretty simple solution, eh? Just that idea in a home team fans head should make that work, for all but the most neanderthal at least.

Most neanderthal... Or at the Raiders stadium... Brutal experiences watching Raiders Vikes in a Vikes jersey in Oaktown... Worst was a free for all fight with Raiders fans led to stadium security and Alamedia County officers getting injured in a incident and I was extracted, drug out of stadium in cuffs and booked for inciting a riot... Tore my fav Moss Jersey!

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 9/12/2019 12:29:50 PM >
Post #: 464
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 12:37:22 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

The first time I went to Lambeau was for a preseason game, Packers vs. Lions, so I had no skin in the game. Wore no team colors, and pretty much just enjoyed watching a football game. But a couple of older guys, who had had a few, to say the least, spent a good portion of their time heckling a kid with a Lions jersey a few rows down from me. He was probably about 8 years old.

At that time I was actively participating in a Packer forum where I was told over and over again how Packer fans are just so gracious and such good sports to visiting fans. And that even, as they reported, when THEY were the visiting fans at other stadiums they were always the best behaved of every fan that ever lived (or some such nonsense). Then you read reports that Packer fans tipped over some headstones at a cemetery near the stadium where the Bears were playing while Soldier Field was being remodeled, and you have the experiences I have had - and yes, I have heard of opposite situations - where visiting fans have had a good time at Lambeau.

My beef is usually with the over-the-top claim by Packer fans that they are just the best ever, of all time, since the history of sports, when I know it's hogwash.

Are these the same fans that have a reported increase in Domestic "incidents" after Packers losses?

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 465
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 12:40:43 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's cool.

I'd love to be the cop in the jersey
Post #: 466
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 12:56:06 PM   
kwheats

Vikings Place Doctson on IR, Sign Meadors to Active Roster
craig-peters-16-9-Template
Craig Peters
SENIOR EDITOR

EAGAN, Minn. — The Vikings on Thursday announced that receiver Josh Doctson has been placed on Injured Reserve.

Doctson joined Minnesota as a free agent earlier this month. The former first-round pick of the Redskins was inactive for the Vikings season opener on Sunday.

On Wednesday, he was listed as limited on the first injury report of Week 2 because of a hamstring injury.

The Vikings announced that rookie cornerback Nate Meadors has been signed to the 53-man roster.

Meadors was undrafted out of UCLA, where he played in 42 games and made 30 starts for the Bruins. Meadors totaled 149 tackles and 22 pass breakups in his college career.

He made a splash in his preseason debut with Minnesota, returning an interception 30 yards for a touchdown at New Orleans. Meadors also practiced and played some at safety this offseason. The native of San Bernardino, California, was waived during roster reductions and signed to the Vikings practice squad.

The Vikings also announced that Alexander Hollins has been signed to the practice squad. The undrafted rookie from Yazoo City, Mississippi, signed with Minnesota as an undrafted free agent in May and was with the Vikings through the preseason. He had three catches for 26 yards in the exhibition contests.

Hollins capped his college career at Eastern Illinois, where he recorded 80 receptions, 1,102 yards and 16 touchdowns as a senior.
Post #: 467
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 1:05:15 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's cool.

Most neanderthal... Or at the Raiders stadium... Brutal experiences watching Raiders Vikes in a Vikes jersey in Oaktown... Worst was a free for all fight with Raiders fans led to stadium security and Alamedia County officers getting injured in a incident and I was extracted, drug out of stadium in cuffs and booked for inciting a riot... Tore my fav Moss Jersey!

Apparently by definition, attending a sporting event wearing the away teams colors, is "inciting a riot". In some places at any rate ie Philthydelphia Oakland. I mean, you don't wear Crypts colors strolling through a Bloods hood. Nome sane?
Post #: 468
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 1:19:26 PM   
ratoppenheimer

do we really have to pay this asshole?....

Ben Goessling
@GoesslingStrib
The Vikings placed Josh Doctson on injured reserve with a hamstring injury. Doctson was limited in practice yesterday; we'll see if the team brings him back off IR later this season.

The team added DB Nate Meadors back to the roster to take Doctson's spot.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 469
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 1:29:09 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's cool.

Apparently by definition, attending a sporting event wearing the away teams colors, is "inciting a riot". In some places at any rate ie Philthydelphia Oakland. I mean, you don't wear Crypts colors strolling through a Bloods hood. Nome sane?

I was straight up told by Alameda County police Cptn that I was totally in wrong for wearing an away teams colors to the Raiders game and it was idiot fans like me that made their job difficult policing the stadium on Raiders games!

I was also sent a registered legal document from Alameda County Sports Authority co signed by Sheriffs office that if I ever attended another event in their shitty stadium I would be at risk for arrest under about 5 felony criminal statutes including criminal trespass...
Post #: 470
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 1:32:18 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's cool.

I was straight up told by Alameda County police Cptn that I was totally in wrong for wearing an away teams colors to the Raiders game and it was idiot fans like me that made their job difficult policing the stadium on Raiders games!

I was also sent a registered legal document from Alameda County Sports Authority co signed by Sheriffs office that if I ever attended another event in their shitty stadium I would be at risk for arrest under about 5 felony criminal statutes including criminal trespass...

The ****?

I would have considered suing them after getting that shit. I would have sued the city, the police and the Raiders, and whomever manages the stadium They have to deal with shit like that they would likely start changing policiies.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 471
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 1:46:12 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Ben Goessling
@GoesslingStrib
The Vikings placed Josh Doctson on injured reserve with a hamstring injury. Doctson was limited in practice yesterday; we'll see if the team brings him back off IR later this season.

He's an asshole because he got hurt?
Post #: 472
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 1:58:41 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Ben Goessling
@GoesslingStrib

He's an asshole because he got hurt?

Did he get hurt or was it a pre-existing condition?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 473
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 3:34:35 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

Not relevant who won or lost. The comment was the that the Bears crushed the Packers with interior pressure and they did. Packers produced very little offense at all. We should be able to do the same.

its wording is a bit confusing - i read it like the packers might use 4 defensive end packages and i thought bruce was a little mixed up...i get it....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 474
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 3:42:18 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kwheats

Vikings Place Doctson on IR, Sign Meadors to Active Roster
craig-peters-16-9-Template
Craig Peters
SENIOR EDITOR

EAGAN, Minn. — The Vikings on Thursday announced that receiver Josh Doctson has been placed on Injured Reserve.

Doctson joined Minnesota as a free agent earlier this month. The former first-round pick of the Redskins was inactive for the Vikings season opener on Sunday.

On Wednesday, he was listed as limited on the first injury report of Week 2 because of a hamstring injury.

The Vikings announced that rookie cornerback Nate Meadors has been signed to the 53-man roster.

Meadors was undrafted out of UCLA, where he played in 42 games and made 30 starts for the Bruins. Meadors totaled 149 tackles and 22 pass breakups in his college career.

He made a splash in his preseason debut with Minnesota, returning an interception 30 yards for a touchdown at New Orleans. Meadors also practiced and played some at safety this offseason. The native of San Bernardino, California, was waived during roster reductions and signed to the Vikings practice squad.

The Vikings also announced that Alexander Hollins has been signed to the practice squad. The undrafted rookie from Yazoo City, Mississippi, signed with Minnesota as an undrafted free agent in May and was with the Vikings through the preseason. He had three catches for 26 yards in the exhibition contests.

Hollins capped his college career at Eastern Illinois, where he recorded 80 receptions, 1,102 yards and 16 touchdowns as a senior.

I was just going to suggest that the Vikings might sign a cornerback to the roster if Mack Alexander is a no go for Sunday. I guess Meadors is a good choice if you want to have a guy who is up to speed right away because he has continued to practice with the team, but who could then be cut again perhaps as early as next week if Alexander can play again.

Post #: 475
Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode