Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 12:42:35 PM   
CPAMAN

From what I see, the biggest reason for so much disdain my posters on here is that this loss was to the Packers. It still counts as only one game in the standings. Sure, it is a division opponent but ultimately no different than the Bears or the Lions. The Vikings still get to play the Pack at home. When is the last time the Vikings started out a season like 6-0 and anything really good came out of it? Better to go 10-6 making the playoffs and winning three of four December games than to go 11-5 and lose three of four games in December limping into the playoffs.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 676
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 12:56:07 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

From what I see, the biggest reason for so much disdain my posters on here is that this loss was to the Packers. It still counts as only one game in the standings. Sure, it is a division opponent but ultimately no different than the Bears or the Lions. The Vikings still get to play the Pack at home. When is the last time the Vikings started out a season like 6-0 and anything really good came out of it? Better to go 10-6 making the playoffs and winning three of four December games than to go 11-5 and lose three of four games in December limping into the playoffs.

For me it’s because Cousins shits his pants almost every big game.

Not sure what “It” is but it’s obvious Cousins doesn’t have a drop of “It” in his body.
Post #: 677
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 12:59:25 PM   
beo

quote:

At the end of the season... those games that you had a chance to win but pissed away with mental mistakes come back to HAUNT YOU.... that's what drives me nuts.
Post #: 678
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 1:23:20 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ush

My .01 cents (probably not worth .02)

1. Other than the obvious bad calls by the refs, there were at least 2 times that the play clock ran out on Rodgers by a good 2 seconds that were not called. On time was on a 3rd down conversion. I hit rewind on the DVR on the 2nd one and watched it multiple times. Easily 2 seconds between the clock hitting zero and the snap.

2. Not to make this about the refs but for them to make a booth review and overturn that play TD was just ridiculous. Nobody can convince me that the play was clear and obvious.

3. Great game from our d-line after the 1st quarter. They put a ton of pressure on Rodgers without blitzing. That is what helped turn things around

4. The D is fine. Zimmer needs to stop having these games where they come out asleep though

5. I’m done with Cousins. Started at the end of last season. We are stuck with him and I’ll root for him. But I don’t expect anything other than average play. I’d take Keenum back in a second. At least he can run. Cousins is lost in the pocket.....lost.

Too mad to go on. The game was there to be won

Want to get even more mad? I counted at least 2 times ARog threw the ball away from the pocket w/o a grounding call. As bad as Cousins was in the red zone, he still made the big throw to Diggs to get us back in the game....not to mention the play to Beebe where he waited as long as possible, and the other TD to Diggs that was overturned.

As bad as many are saying Cousins played watch how horrible Diggs played the first half. He had at least 3 drops if I remember right. I don't think he (Diggs) has been practicing much and GB moved the coverage to Thielen in the 1st half. Get Diggs practicing and this offense will be rolling.

Diggs was the 1st half goat.....

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 9/16/2019 1:28:11 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 679
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 1:24:30 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

Anyone else think Zimmer should have challenged the Hunter Strip-sack where Rogers came down on top of Danny and didn't touch the ground before Hunter took the ball away?

Hunter needs to run to the sideline and tell Zim to challenge that.
Or have our guy in the booth who reviews plays (that we must not have, d'oh! because we suck at challenges) tell him.

I hate losing to the Puke, esp that D--K Rogers.

No they would have just said Erin was already in the grasp play over.
Post #: 680
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 1:26:24 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Anyone else think Zimmer should have challenged the Hunter Strip-sack where Rogers came down on top of Danny and didn't touch the ground before Hunter took the ball away?

Or have our guy in the booth who reviews plays (that we must not have, d'oh! because we suck at challenges) tell him.

Yep. The QB in that situation is treated differently than a RB or a receiver because of the "protect the prima donna" rules in the NFL.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 681
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 1:28:12 PM   
Ush

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

1. Other than the obvious bad calls by the refs, there were at least 2 times that the play clock ran out on Rodgers by a good 2 seconds that were not called. On time was on a 3rd down conversion. I hit rewind on the DVR on the 2nd one and watched it multiple times. Easily 2 seconds between the clock hitting zero and the snap.

2. Not to make this about the refs but for them to make a booth review and overturn that play TD was just ridiculous. Nobody can convince me that the play was clear and obvious.

3. Great game from our d-line after the 1st quarter. They put a ton of pressure on Rodgers without blitzing. That is what helped turn things around

4. The D is fine. Zimmer needs to stop having these games where they come out asleep though

5. I’m done with Cousins. Started at the end of last season. We are stuck with him and I’ll root for him. But I don’t expect anything other than average play. I’d take Keenum back in a second. At least he can run. Cousins is lost in the pocket.....lost.

Want to get even more mad? I counted at least 2 times ARog threw the ball away from the pocket w/o a grounding call. As bad as Cousins was in the red zone, he still made the big throw to Diggs to get us back in the game....not to mention the play to Beebe where he waited as long as possible, and the other TD to Diggs that was overturned.

As bad as many are saying Cousins played watch how horrible Diggs played the first half. He had at least 3 drops if I remember right. I don't think he (Diggs) has been practicing much and they moved the coverage to Thielen in the 1st half.

Yes, forgot about the throwaways that should have been grounding.

Despite all that, we had a great chance to win the game if we just were able to punch in a TD instead of that horrible throw. That is after we fell down by 21....on the road...in an extremely hostile environment. We will have to overcome Cousins but we have some great weapons and a very good defense.
Post #: 682
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 1:31:25 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

As bad as many are saying Cousins played watch how horrible Diggs played the first half. He had at least 3 drops if I remember right. I don't think he (Diggs) has been practicing much and they moved the coverage to Thielen in the 1st half.

Yes, forgot about the throwaways that should have been grounding.

Despite all that, we had a great chance to win the game if we just were able to punch in a TD instead of that horrible throw. That is after we fell down by 21....on the road...in an extremely hostile environment. We will have to overcome Cousins but we have some great weapons and a very good defense.

I don't think we will have to overcome Cousins....I really think Diggs health played a part---he couldn't catch the first half. As much as the Red Zone Int killed us, Cousins made those two big plays. He just tried to do too much in the last Red Zone trip but he wasn't the only problem. The passing plays and passing game as a whole stunk and that isn't on Cousins plus if you add in all the drops we had to play perfect that last quarter.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 9/16/2019 1:35:05 PM >

Post #: 683
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 1:32:45 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Good point.

The other coulda/woulda/shoulda challenge was OPI call on Theilen in EZ.
Clear push by Puke defender.

Yeah Ush, I did notice clock at Zero several times for Rogers.
Early one was worst one.
Post #: 684
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 1:49:46 PM   
Ragnarök

Im fighting the whole idea NFL has gone WWE in semblance of reality...

But there was some heavy sway going on for sure, beyond Marty's need to point out even... Much likely due to the fact that the boss Goodell and bunch of Packer Greats were in attendance for the 100 year NFL celebration...

There were so many home team calls it want even close to being away fan conspiracy theories with tin foil hats on...

Still we had a chance to win... F ing Packers....

Now if we have a last years Bill's moment/game next week with the Raiders at home its going to get ugly for all involved...
Post #: 685
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 1:53:02 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

Im fighting the whole idea NFL has gone WWE in semblance of reality...

But there was some heavy sway going on for sure, beyond Marty's need to point out even... Much likely due to the fact that the boss Goodell and bunch of Packer Greats were in attendance for the 100 year NFL celebration...

There were so many home team calls it want even close to being away fan conspiracy theories with tin foil hats on...

Still we had a chance to win... F ing Packers....

Now if we have a last years Bill's moment/game next week with the Raiders at home its going to get ugly for all involved...

As opposed to this week? Looking forward to that.
Post #: 686
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 2:14:00 PM   
jbusse

How about glass half full. That was Cousins' first red zone interception as a Viking. Last year, inside the 20, he threw 20 TDs, 0 Ints, and inside the 10 he threw 12 TDs, 0 Ints.

Since 2017 (the time frame people are referencing lately), Cousins has 37 TDs and 4 Ints inside the 20, and 19 TDs and 2 Ints inside the 10.

What we saw yesterday hardly typifies his play the way some are suggesting.
Post #: 687
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 2:17:52 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

How about glass half full. That was Cousins' first red zone interception as a Viking. Last year, inside the 20, he threw 20 TDs, 0 Ints, and inside the 10 he threw 12 TDs, 0 Ints.

Since 2017 (the time frame people are referencing lately), Cousins has 37 TDs and 4 Ints inside the 20, and 19 TDs and 2 Ints inside the 10.

Are you saying that we maybe got the best Kirk Cousins we will see and it's all down hill from here?
Post #: 688
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 2:30:02 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

Are you saying that we maybe got the best Kirk Cousins we will see and it's all down hill from here?

Reminds me of that Case Keenum rant... So Kirk's numbers for us last year were an outlier and as stated above its all down hill from here...

I could see that as well...
Post #: 689
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 2:38:16 PM   
ronhextall

Did they say in yesterday’s tv broadcast the Vikings have the 5th best record in the NFL since entering the league and every team above them has won at least 4 Super Bowls?

My god if that is true that is about as snake bit as it gets.

Damn I wished I liked a better team.
Post #: 690
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 2:49:31 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Did they say in yesterday’s tv broadcast the Vikings have the 5th best record in the NFL since entering the league and every team above them has won at least 4 Super Bowls?

It feels like we will be the last team in the league to win a Super Bowl and at that point does it even matter?

It will feel like a participation trophy at that point.
Post #: 691
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 2:50:12 PM  1 votes
Todd M

"Done with Cousisns"

Ok, good luck with that.

Hang with Ragnorok until he turns it around.

And no, Rag has NOT been proven right.
Post #: 692
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 2:54:00 PM   
thebigo

quote:

YOU wished you liked a better team?
Post #: 693
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 2:54:42 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

Not sure what “It” is but it’s obvious Cousins doesn’t have a drop of “It” in his body.

They cut the guy that had "IT".

Now we are stuck with Cousins and Mannion.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 694
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 2:55:57 PM   
Phil Riewer

You Cousin B****ers better re watch the first half....watch Diggs drop at least 3 passes. He played horrible that half. Also watch the pea Cousins threw to Diggs for a TD. Then watch the play to Beebe.....but nope you hold on to the red zone INT and don't mention Diggs in your rants.

FYI, what is Mr. Keenum and Washington's Record?

Post #: 695
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 2:58:19 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

They cut the guy that had "IT".

Now we are stuck with Cousins and Mannion.

IT is current a PS player for the Arizona Cardinals?

Post #: 696
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 2:58:54 PM   
Todd M

quote:

What the **** are you doing throwing into double coverage in the endzone? Throw it a way and take another shot next play. Down by 5 fourth quarter 3rd and 10 is not the time to take big shots downfield. It is imperative to keep the sticks moving at that point.

I see you edited your message bur decided to leave this terribly inaccurate analysis be.
Post #: 697
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 3:02:21 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

You Cousin B****ers better re watch the first half....watch Diggs drop at least 3 passes. He played horrible that half. Also watch the pea Cousins threw to Diggs for a TD. Then watch the play to Beebe.....but nope you hold on to the red zone INT and don't mention Diggs in your rants.

Keenum sucks, he was fool's gold and so is Cousins.

You listed about all of Cousins good plays on this post. Had a couple of decent runs but nearly gave the ball to the Packers on one of them.

Dipshit throw to a double covered rcveiver in the corner of the endzone on 1st and 10 was awful. Should have recognized and threw it away. Yeah Diggs had a bad game too. Even on the long TD he went and ****ed some shit up by taking off his helmet. I totally put the Bailey miss on the extra point on him.

Diggs didn't do Cousins any favors but let's not forgive Cousins for his horrible game. He's got to play better. He's got to play better in bigger games. He did as much in this game, on his own, to cost us this game as Diggs did to help him.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 698
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 3:03:14 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

You're falling into the trap. Cousins will throw some jaw dropping passes that can amaze you no doubt. I don't think anyone disputes that. Jeff George could do that too. I'm at the point of realizing what Cousins is. Having said that if he can just stop the dumbassery we still have a load of talent and can win some games.
Post #: 699
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 3:03:40 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

What the **** are you doing throwing into double coverage in the endzone? Throw it a way and take another shot next play. Down by 5 fourth quarter 3rd and 10 is not the time to take big shots downfield. It is imperative to keep the sticks moving at that point.

I see you edited your message bur decided to leave this terribly inaccurate analysis be.

There's two plays there that actually happened. The analysis isn't inaccurate. Sorry if it sounds like just one play and that is what is confusing.

Post #: 700
Page:   <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode