Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 3:06:04 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

You Cousin B****ers better re watch the first half....watch Diggs drop at least 3 passes. He played horrible that half. Also watch the pea Cousins threw to Diggs for a TD. Then watch the play to Beebe.....but nope you hold on to the red zone INT and don't mention Diggs in your rants.

FYI, what is Mr. Keenum and Washington's Record?

You're falling into the trap. Cousins will throw some jaw dropping passes that can amaze you no doubt. I don't think anyone disputes that. Jeff George could do that too. I'm at the point of realizing what Cousins is. Having said that if he can just stop the dumbassery we still have a load of talent and can win some games.

If our defense plays lights out from the Start of the game instead of from three or four drives in, Cousins is plenty good to take us a long way. Just as Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson were able to "win" SBs, Cousins could. But I don't trust him to put the team on his back and carry them to victory.

In higher pressure situations and bigger stages he tends to fold up like oragami.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 701
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 3:09:03 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

From what I see, the biggest reason for so much disdain my posters on here is that this loss was to the Packers. It still counts as only one game in the standings. Sure, it is a division opponent but ultimately no different than the Bears or the Lions. The Vikings still get to play the Pack at home. When is the last time the Vikings started out a season like 6-0 and anything really good came out of it? Better to go 10-6 making the playoffs and winning three of four December games than to go 11-5 and lose three of four games in December limping into the playoffs.

For me it’s because Cousins shits his pants almost every big game.

Not sure what “It” is but it’s obvious Cousins doesn’t have a drop of “It” in his body.

They cut the guy that had "IT".

Now we are stuck with Cousins and Mannion.

IT is current a PS player for the Arizona Cardinals?

I would have liked to have seen what he could have done with the twos instead of always being relegated to the 3rd stringers.

When they got on the field with him the listless lifeless players suddenly had energy and played with a fire.

I'm not saying Sloter would be some world beater, but he wasn't even given a chance.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 702
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 3:32:50 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

Anyone else think Zimmer should have challenged the Hunter Strip-sack where Rogers came down on top of Danny and didn't touch the ground before Hunter took the ball away?

Hunter needs to run to the sideline and tell Zim to challenge that.
Or have our guy in the booth who reviews plays (that we must not have, d'oh! because we suck at challenges) tell him.

I hate losing to the Puke, esp that D--K Rogers.

No they would have just said Erin was already in the grasp play over.

The definition of "in the grasp" for A. Rodgers is if somebody breathed on him.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 703
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 3:35:26 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Did they say in yesterday’s tv broadcast the Vikings have the 5th best record in the NFL since entering the league and every team above them has won at least 4 Super Bowls?

My god if that is true that is about as snake bit as it gets.

Damn I wished I liked a better team.

It feels like we will be the last team in the league to win a Super Bowl and at that point does it even matter?

It will feel like a participation trophy at that point.

I think it has pretty much gotten to that point already. With this franchise tenure, we should be talking about SB win #3 at the worst.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 704
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 3:54:12 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I will try to keep it positive. In other words, if I don't have something good to say I won't say it. Therefore I probably won't post much, but here's a good one.

Brian O'Neill is definitely the best RT we've had in the last decade and I was 100% wrong about draft him last year. Wasn't the biggest fan of that pick but he's definitely proved me wrong. If you have a chance to go back and rewatch the game yesterday take a look at him.

((Purple Post on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 705
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 4:42:10 PM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

You Cousin B****ers better re watch the first half....watch Diggs drop at least 3 passes. He played horrible that half. Also watch the pea Cousins threw to Diggs for a TD. Then watch the play to Beebe.....but nope you hold on to the red zone INT and don't mention Diggs in your rants.

FYI, what is Mr. Keenum and Washington's Record?

You're falling into the trap. Cousins will throw some jaw dropping passes that can amaze you no doubt. I don't think anyone disputes that. Jeff George could do that too. I'm at the point of realizing what Cousins is. Having said that if he can just stop the dumbassery we still have a load of talent and can win some games.

If our defense plays lights out from the Start of the game instead of from three or four drives in, Cousins is plenty good to take us a long way. Just as Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson were able to "win" SBs, Cousins could. But I don't trust him to put the team on his back and carry them to victory.

In higher pressure situations and bigger stages he tends to fold up like oragami.

He has the ability. He showed as much in last year's Packers and Rams games. Not as often as one would hope, but he has the ability. I understand it's been a while.
Post #: 706
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 4:57:46 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Eric Thompson@eric_j_thompson
Kirk Cousins received a 25.3 overall grade from PFF on Sunday.

Since the jokes are already flying, I did some research.

Christian Ponder's lowest single-game PFF score: 29.6. Also at Green Bay, in his 23rd career game.

Sunday was Kirk Cousins' 75th career start.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 707
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 5:03:13 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Chad Graff
@ChadGraff
Yesterday, the Vikings averaged more than 7 yards per play while the Packers averaged fewer than 5 yards per play. That's happened in NFL games 125 times in the last 10 years.

In those instances, the team with more than 7 yards per play is 112-13.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 708
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 5:06:04 PM   
geoffrey greitzer

3 of those losses were with cousins at qb
Post #: 709
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 5:15:01 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: geoffrey greitzer

3 of those losses were with cousins at qb

Kirk Cousins is a STAT MONSTER... finds his way into them all...
Post #: 710
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 5:17:43 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Eric Thompson@eric_j_thompson
Kirk Cousins received a 25.3 overall grade from PFF on Sunday.

Since the jokes are already flying, I did some research.

Christian Ponder's lowest single-game PFF score: 29.6. Also at Green Bay, in his 23rd career game.

Sunday was Kirk Cousins' 75th career start.

For all the Ponder supporters left here...

SO YOU ARE SAYING THERE IS A CHANCE ?

(Dumb and Dumber quote)

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 9/16/2019 5:44:59 PM >
Post #: 711
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 6:09:42 PM   
beo

Listening to the radio on the way home... Barrerio had on Bercich(I think?)
He said in the 2nd half they started rolling coverage to help out Rhodes.
Don't know how to feel about that... glad they adjusted... not great news on Rhodes ability to cover Adams... but Rhodes looked good against Julio week 1 right?
Hughes can't get back fast enough.
Post #: 712
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 7:00:58 PM   
Phil Riewer

Adams has had Xavier's number the last few years.....

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 713
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 7:03:35 PM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

Don't know how to feel about that... glad they adjusted... not great news on Rhodes ability to cover Adams... but Rhodes looked good against Julio week 1 right?

If one of the staff had been monitoring the talkvikes game day thread, they might have had that fix in before the end of the first quarter, because it seemed clear to many here early on that Rhodes wasn't quite up to the task. Ragnarok correctly predicted it would take them until half time to figure out what to do.
Post #: 714
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 7:17:39 PM   
Dana Turner

Lets face it, the reason so many of us are so down on Cousins is because we held out hope that he would be better than what he has showed his entire career. If we want to relieve some of the stress, we just need to understand that even though he's being paid a lot of dough, he's just an average QB and not expect anything different. I have seen enough of his body of work to understand that he is best if there isn't pressure on him to perform and our current offense should be able to minimize the need for these types of situations. We came back on GB yesterday, running the ball, not passing it. So, if we can get the head coach to have his team prepared right out of the gate, maybe we won't be so far behind and not need Cousins to feel the pressure.

I hope they keep Dakota right where he's at, this offensive line can be special with time. Elf makes a better swing guy/backup.

I feel the same way Phil about Diggs play yesterday, I even mentioned it to my brother. With Cousins not playing at his best, we don't need Diggs being a dumbass out there, we needed leadership and he certainly didn't show that. That is one of the huge differences between Diggs and AT.

I am wondering about the booth review after the TD Diggs scored on the drag across the middle. They called Cook for blocking in the end zone, even though no flag was thrown. Does that mean they are now going to scour every scoring play to look for a penalty that didn't get called. The hit in the end zone was five yards away from the play, Diggs wasn't going to get stopped by they guy that had contact with Cook. I don't know if I've ever seen a review of a TD and had a penalty called from the booth when there wasn't a penalty called on the field. That was very strange and sets a very bad president.

< Message edited by Dana Turner -- 9/16/2019 7:18:52 PM >
Post #: 715
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 7:33:09 PM   
Ush

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

Rhodes plays much better against the bigger WR’s. The speed guys with quick changes of direction seem to give him more trouble.
Post #: 716
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 7:35:31 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dana Turner

I am wondering about the booth review after the TD Diggs scored on the drag across the middle. They called Cook for blocking in the end zone, even though no flag was thrown. Does that mean they are now going to scour every scoring play to look for a penalty that didn't get called. The hit in the end zone was five yards away from the play, Diggs wasn't going to get stopped by they guy that had contact with Cook. I don't know if I've ever seen a review of a TD and had a penalty called from the booth when there wasn't a penalty called on the field. That was very strange and sets a very bad president.

You can thank the Saints for that new rule.

Now on any scoring play when they go to review to conform it, they can also look for uncalled penalties.

It's a really bad idea.
Post #: 717
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 7:38:46 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Now on any scoring play when they go to review to conform it, they can also look for uncalled penalties.

It's a really bad idea.

We will see how this progresses going forward. If it gets ridiculous I think I'll have to take a break from NFL for a while.

That's some of the silliest stuff I've ever seen.
Post #: 718
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 7:38:49 PM   
Ush

quote:

Lets face it, the reason so many of us are so down on Cousins is because we held out hope that he would be better than what he has showed his entire career. If we want to relieve some of the stress, we just need to understand that even though he's being paid a lot of dough, he's just an average QB and not expect anything different. I have seen enough of his body of work to understand that he is best if there isn't pressure on him to perform and our current offense should be able to minimize the need for these types of situations. We came back on GB yesterday, running the ball, not passing it. So, if we can get the head coach to have his team prepared right out of the gate, maybe we won't be so far behind and not need Cousins to feel the pressure.

I hope they keep Dakota right where he's at, this offensive line can be special with time. Elf makes a better swing guy/backup.

I feel the same way Phil about Diggs play yesterday, I even mentioned it to my brother. With Cousins not playing at his best, we don't need Diggs being a dumbass out there, we needed leadership and he certainly didn't show that. That is one of the huge differences between Diggs and AT.

Exactly how I feel on all points Dana.

I had hope for Cousins but watching him week in and week out I just don’t see a guy that will make the plays under pressure. His pocket presence is lacking.

Dakota looked good and I think having his size in there will help Bradbury until he get used to the NFL.

I love the way Diggs plays but, even when he scores, he just seems angry. After the Minneapolis Miracle the way he stood up on the bench with his arms crossed and a scowl on his face soured the moment a little bit for me. Go celebrate with your teammates. It might just be the younger generation and maybe I’m out of touch now but I didn’t get that. Taking his helmet off after the TD yesterday is just plain selfish and stupid.

If they are gonna do that every replay for a TD, they better start calling back half the TD’s from within the 10 yd line because pick plays happen all the time.
Post #: 719
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 9:14:07 PM   
David Levine

Would've been tough to beat this offer (especially with Ben being done for the year):

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
TRADE: Steelers are trading a 2020 first-round pick to the Dolphins for DB Minkah Fitzpatrick, league sources tell ESPN.
Post #: 720
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 10:13:24 PM   
drviking

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

It's a really bad idea.

We will see how this progresses going forward. If it gets ridiculous I think I'll have to take a break from NFL for a while.

That's some of the silliest stuff I've ever seen.

the rule will ruin 50 games in order to save 1 game that happens every 30 years

its stupid, the nfl is becoming unwatchable

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 721
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 10:14:06 PM   
drviking

my stance is still the same

get rid of all replay, i have said so from the beginning

Post #: 722
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 10:20:15 PM   
drviking

Kirk has now entered my Case Keenum phase

When it became apparent that Bradford wasnt coming back and Teddy was unable to take over, I knew we did not have enough to win the Super Bowl. I know many of my brothers here thought it was going to be our year. I knew Case was not enough, but instead of complaining about it for the 2 month before we were eliminated, I refrained from constantly bagging on Keenum, so that others could buy into/enjoy the ride.

Kirk is now in that category. He will not be enough to win the Super Bowl.

I will try not to constantly complain about him. He is our QB this year.

I am back to hoping for a record breaking rushing title this year. 2200 yards for Cook!

Post #: 723
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 10:29:50 PM   
drviking

ramblings

Diggs/Cousins monumental stupid plays, Diggs overall bad game

frickin Bailey

i didnt hate the play call, its a play that wishbone qbs/option qbs/HS qbs can all be trusted with, just a gigantic stupid mistake

cant believe we kept Rudy at his price

the people that wanted to trade rhodes and keep waynes may have been right

frickin Hill

Beebe overslotted at wr3, should be wr5, Theilen showed a lot more and was not a WR3 in his second year. the announces called him a speedster, as he was getting run down from behind by 3 players

frickin doctson

its interesting to me how people say Traderick has to go if we miss the playoffs with this much talent......talent brought in by Traderick?

Now, I am OK with listening to blowing the whole thing up, at some point results matter, and we have been in this regime for 10ish years, with mediocre results, and at some point you have to move on if expectations are not met.

Post #: 724
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 10:31:54 PM   
drviking

i thought Cook was OK, turns out he is spectacular

hope he can stay healthy, that kid is so smooth, and fast

WOW, i love watching him run

Post #: 725
Page:   <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode