Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 10:32:29 PM   
drviking

eff the packers

eff the cowboys

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 726
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 10:48:52 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dana Turner

Lets face it, the reason so many of us are so down on Cousins is because we held out hope that he would be better than what he has showed his entire career. If we want to relieve some of the stress, we just need to understand that even though he's being paid a lot of dough, he's just an average QB and not expect anything different. I have seen enough of his body of work to understand that he is best if there isn't pressure on him to perform and our current offense should be able to minimize the need for these types of situations. We came back on GB yesterday, running the ball, not passing it. So, if we can get the head coach to have his team prepared right out of the gate, maybe we won't be so far behind and not need Cousins to feel the pressure.

I hope they keep Dakota right where he's at, this offensive line can be special with time. Elf makes a better swing guy/backup.

I feel the same way Phil about Diggs play yesterday, I even mentioned it to my brother. With Cousins not playing at his best, we don't need Diggs being a dumbass out there, we needed leadership and he certainly didn't show that. That is one of the huge differences between Diggs and AT.

I am wondering about the booth review after the TD Diggs scored on the drag across the middle. They called Cook for blocking in the end zone, even though no flag was thrown. Does that mean they are now going to scour every scoring play to look for a penalty that didn't get called. The hit in the end zone was five yards away from the play, Diggs wasn't going to get stopped by they guy that had contact with Cook. I don't know if I've ever seen a review of a TD and had a penalty called from the booth when there wasn't a penalty called on the field. That was very strange and sets a very bad president.

Didn't it get reviewed because it was in the last 2 minutes?

I don't think every scoring play will get reviewed. Only if team throws flag, or in last 2 minutes NY takes a look at it.
Post #: 727
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 11:18:17 PM   
CPAMAN

I maintain that Kirk Cousins will have a good season. I am impressed the Vikings have a running game again by having made improvements on the Oline and have a healthy Dalvin Cook and complimentary offensive weapons.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 728
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 11:42:06 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Lets face it, the reason so many of us are so down on Cousins is because we held out hope that he would be better than what he has showed his entire career. If we want to relieve some of the stress, we just need to understand that even though he's being paid a lot of dough, he's just an average QB and not expect anything different. I have seen enough of his body of work to understand that he is best if there isn't pressure on him to perform and our current offense should be able to minimize the need for these types of situations. We came back on GB yesterday, running the ball, not passing it. So, if we can get the head coach to have his team prepared right out of the gate, maybe we won't be so far behind and not need Cousins to feel the pressure.

I hope they keep Dakota right where he's at, this offensive line can be special with time. Elf makes a better swing guy/backup.

I feel the same way Phil about Diggs play yesterday, I even mentioned it to my brother. With Cousins not playing at his best, we don't need Diggs being a dumbass out there, we needed leadership and he certainly didn't show that. That is one of the huge differences between Diggs and AT.

I am wondering about the booth review after the TD Diggs scored on the drag across the middle. They called Cook for blocking in the end zone, even though no flag was thrown. Does that mean they are now going to scour every scoring play to look for a penalty that didn't get called. The hit in the end zone was five yards away from the play, Diggs wasn't going to get stopped by they guy that had contact with Cook. I don't know if I've ever seen a review of a TD and had a penalty called from the booth when there wasn't a penalty called on the field. That was very strange and sets a very bad president.

I don't think every scoring play will get reviewed. Only if team throws flag, or in last 2 minutes NY takes a look at it.

It got reviewed because every scoring play is reviewed, just like every turnover is reviewed. Automatic, no team review.
Post #: 729
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 11:54:42 PM   
Dana Turner

quote:

quote:

I believe I heard him say that it was being reviewed because every scoring play gets reviewed, not sure. But if they just reviewed it because it was in the last two minutes of the half, that is just another thing that is terrible about the review process. I am with Doc, you can take instant replay and throw it away as far as I'm concerned. The NFL reached the place of unwatchable for me a couple of years ago. Now I just watch the condensed games, no commercials, penalties go by in an instant and I only have to listen to a minimum of blabber from announcers calling Garrett Bradbury, "Garrett Bradley", I mean really, the whole product is certainly not what it was 20 years ago, much less 40 years ago. They have dummied the game down to draw interest from the ladies, lets face it, they (the girls) usually control the money and the remote. (Please understand I am not saying that ladies are dumb, just that the NFL have gone to an extraordinary effort to explain every play in huge detail, that isn't meant for guys who already understand the game) They want to sell the product and teamwear it is a huge profit for them, girls buy much more then men.

It's just a changed form of entertainment that is loosing it's appeal. Collage Football is better, but they will find a way to screw that up too, then it's just the Friday night games of the local High School. Oh well, everybody needs to please the stakeholders I guess, that's just too bad!

< Message edited by Dana Turner -- 9/16/2019 11:59:03 PM >
Post #: 730
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2019 11:55:57 PM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Would've been tough to beat this offer (especially with Ben being done for the year):

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
TRADE: Steelers are trading a 2020 first-round pick to the Dolphins for DB Minkah Fitzpatrick, league sources tell ESPN.

Wow and I was thinking it's a good year for them to tank and reload for next year. They could never beat the Pats with Brown and Bell, and I don't think they have a prayer in beating them or the Chiefs this season. Great move for the Dolphins.
Post #: 731
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 12:02:28 AM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

i thought Cook was OK, turns out he is spectacular

hope he can stay healthy, that kid is so smooth, and fast

WOW, i love watching him run

I was ecstatic when we picked him up in the 2nd while Fournette was going 5th overall. Felt Cook would be the better pro since he's a better receiver. Kubiak was a fantastic hire, the OLine is better and healthier but you can see the movement of the OLine is working much smoother than last season. Guys are moving out into space and getting to the second level. If Cook stays healthy he could get 2,000 all purpose yards.
Post #: 732
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 12:12:28 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Interesting analysis. Stay positive my friends. How we respond to adversity says something about our character. I'll be honest with you though. I take these losses really hard.

http://www.mnvikingscorner.com/2019/09/upon-further-review-vikings-offense-vs.html

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 733
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 12:17:12 AM   
Rob Viking

quote:

Kirk has now entered my Case Keenum phase

When it became apparent that Bradford wasnt coming back and Teddy was unable to take over, I knew we did not have enough to win the Super Bowl. I know many of my brothers here thought it was going to be our year. I knew Case was not enough, but instead of complaining about it for the 2 month before we were eliminated, I refrained from constantly bagging on Keenum, so that others could buy into/enjoy the ride.

Kirk is now in that category. He will not be enough to win the Super Bowl.

I will try not to constantly complain about him. He is our QB this year.

I am back to hoping for a record breaking rushing title this year. 2200 yards for Cook!

Part of me still thinks had Case just taken the sack on that 3rd long at midfield in Philly when we were up 7-0 things would have been different that day.

Only 2 seasons ago Blake Bortles should have been starting in a Super Bowl. Had Cody Parkey hit a FG, Trubisky may have very well gotten to a SB.

Kirk's pocket presence is very worrying but Kubiak's system alleviates that stress by rolling protection and play action. With the way the running game is going things are bound to open up. Matt Schaub even had some monster years with Kubiak. Kubiak even won some playoff games with TJ Yates. If not for all of the OPI penalties Kirk may have had a decent game. No excuse for the pick which could be the singular biggest play to ruin the season.

Look we're 1-1, but the other NFC contenders like the Saints, Bears and Eagles don't look right. I don't see a dominant team in the conference at the moment. And don't tell me the Packers, one thing I came away after that game was that we're still a better team than them.
Post #: 734
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 12:19:44 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

quote:

Would've been tough to beat this offer (especially with Ben being done for the year):

TRADE: Steelers are trading a 2020 first-round pick to the Dolphins for DB Minkah Fitzpatrick, league sources tell ESPN.

Wow and I was thinking it's a good year for them to tank and reload for next year. They could never beat the Pats with Brown and Bell, and I don't think they have a prayer in beating them or the Chiefs this season. Great move for the Dolphins.

Doesn’t seem like the smartest move in the world to trade your 1st-round pick away after your aging QB was just knocked out for the season and the 2020 draft class is expected to have a number of good QBs

(Adam Patrick on Twitter)

Maybe it's good that the Vikings hold on to their first pick, too.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 735
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 12:32:14 AM   
marty

Imagine the day Cousins would have had if all the OPI hadn't been called, and neither of the holding on the OL were called that killed 2 drives early 4th quarter/late 3rd quarter [?].

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 736
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 12:53:24 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I believe I heard him say that it was being reviewed because every scoring play gets reviewed, not sure. But if they just reviewed it because it was in the last two minutes of the half, that is just another thing that is terrible about the review process. I am with Doc, you can take instant replay and throw it away as far as I'm concerned. The NFL reached the place of unwatchable for me a couple of years ago. Now I just watch the condensed games, no commercials, penalties go by in an instant and I only have to listen to a minimum of blabber from announcers calling Garrett Bradbury, "Garrett Bradley", I mean really, the whole product is certainly not what it was 20 years ago, much less 40 years ago. They have dummied the game down to draw interest from the ladies, lets face it, they (the girls) usually control the money and the remote. (Please understand I am not saying that ladies are dumb, just that the NFL have gone to an extraordinary effort to explain every play in huge detail, that isn't meant for guys who already understand the game) They want to sell the product and teamwear it is a huge profit for them, girls buy much more then men.

It's just a changed form of entertainment that is loosing it's appeal. Collage Football is better, but they will find a way to screw that up too, then it's just the Friday night games of the local High School. Oh well, everybody needs to please the stakeholders I guess, that's just too bad!

Wowzers. You and I have differing views on women for sure.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 737
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 6:17:34 AM   
jbusse

quote:

ramblings

Diggs/Cousins monumental stupid plays, Diggs overall bad game

frickin Bailey

i didnt hate the play call, its a play that wishbone qbs/option qbs/HS qbs can all be trusted with, just a gigantic stupid mistake

cant believe we kept Rudy at his price

the people that wanted to trade rhodes and keep waynes may have been right

frickin Hill

Beebe overslotted at wr3, should be wr5, Theilen showed a lot more and was not a WR3 in his second year. the announces called him a speedster, as he was getting run down from behind by 3 players

frickin doctson

its interesting to me how people say Traderick has to go if we miss the playoffs with this much talent......talent brought in by Traderick?

Now, I am OK with listening to blowing the whole thing up, at some point results matter, and we have been in this regime for 10ish years, with mediocre results, and at some point you have to move on if expectations are not met.

If it came down to keeping Zimmer or Spielman, I'd keep Spielman. Except for his neglect of the OL until very recently, he has done well accumulating talent. For QB, he had bad luck with Teddy and Bradford's injuries. Cousins is TBD.

Zimmer is superb at developing defensive players. Game planning / getting his team ready to play has been an issue at times, with the Eagles playoff game, last year's Patriot's, Buffalo, and 2nd Chicago games coming to mind.

We're hopefully a long way away from these types of decisions, provided they pull it together quickly.
Post #: 738
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 6:36:25 AM   
Phil Riewer

What I saw Sunday is what I have thought going into the year....we can beat teams in many ways running and passing. If Diggs held onto the ball in the first half and Kirk had limited his mistakes we win Sunday.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 739
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 6:37:28 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

quote:

Doesn’t seem like the smartest move in the world to trade your 1st-round pick away after your aging QB was just knocked out for the season and the 2020 draft class is expected to have a number of good QBs

(Adam Patrick on Twitter)

Maybe it's good that the Vikings hold on to their first pick, too.

Rudolph is a good backup qb....their defense needs shoring up because they won't score as much.

Post #: 740
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 7:07:47 AM   
ratoppenheimer

Scott Barrett@ScottBarrettDFB
Best Offensive Lines by Pressure Rate Over Expectation

1. Cowboys
2. 49ers
3. Chiefs
4. Giants
5. Ravens
31. Texans
32. Vikings

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 741
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 7:30:21 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

You Cousin B****ers better re watch the first half....watch Diggs drop at least 3 passes. He played horrible that half. Also watch the pea Cousins threw to Diggs for a TD. Then watch the play to Beebe.....but nope you hold on to the red zone INT and don't mention Diggs in your rants.

FYI, what is Mr. Keenum and Washington's Record?

I don't recall Diggs dropping 3 passes. He did have one go off his hands on a slant that he normally catches.

Diggs was targeted 4 times and credited with no catches in the 1 st half but 2 were negated by penalties, one of his own doing. Don't get me wrong though Diggs was awful.

Overall Cousins was very inaccurate. He was missing open guys all day. Normally he is much more accurate than this and hopefully this is the only clunker he has this season.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 742
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 7:37:57 AM   
Phil Riewer

1st Drive (missed FG)
Pass Incomplete
(9:25) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass incomplete short right to S.Diggs.
3rd & 10 at GB 29

Pass Incomplete
(8:08) K.Cousins pass incomplete short middle to S.Diggs.
3rd & 2 at MIN 29

Interception
(4:11) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short middle intended for S.Diggs INTERCEPTED by P.Smith (D.Savage) at GB 48. P.Smith to MIN 47 for 5 yards (G.Bradbury).
3rd & 6 at MIN 44

Pass Incomplete
(1:03) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass incomplete short middle to S.Diggs (J.Alexander).
2nd & Goal at GB 13

This is the 1st half alone....2 of the passes could have been 1st downs.

Post #: 743
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 7:39:34 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

You can thank the Saints for that new rule.

Now on any scoring play when they go to review to conform it, they can also look for uncalled penalties.

It's a really bad idea.

We will see how this progresses going forward. If it gets ridiculous I think I'll have to take a break from NFL for a while.

That's some of the silliest stuff I've ever seen.

Last year they layed off the sack rule after week 3.

Hopefully they do the same with this new rule. That call was borderline at best. It looked more like the DB engaged Cook and it had zero semblence of blocking. NE routinely does this similiar thing (like a pick) and are never called for it.

Post #: 744
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 7:44:47 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

i thought Cook was OK, turns out he is spectacular

hope he can stay healthy, that kid is so smooth, and fast

WOW, i love watching him run

Indeed. Cook looks like one of the top 5 backs in the league these first 2 games

Post #: 745
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 8:28:06 AM   
Bill Jandro

I will be interested to see how Dozier graded out this game.

Anybody focus in on his play be sure to comment on him.

Thanks in advance

Post #: 746
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 8:51:51 AM   
TJSweens

For those who think Erin got away with multiple delays of game ... turns out he did .... and league policy enables it.

Per Football Zebras
If the center is snapping the ball, the back judge does not call delay of game. If the quarterback is still in his cadence and the center has not snapped the ball, then the back judge throws a flag for delay of game. Since the back judge has to transition his eyes from the clock to the center, the offense naturally gets around an extra quarter of a second to get the snap off. The back judge can’t look in two places at once.

The NFL … doesn’t want it that way. Again, per Football Zebras: The Competition Committee does not want this parsed down to tenths of a second. They want the offense to be able to snap on the zero, but not after. … If we went to an exact science of determining delay of game, the game would bog down with a big jump in delay of game fouls.

and

NBC NFL officiating expert Terry McAulay tell us that the play clock is just a guideline, not a hard-and-fast rule. The officials would have been marked negatively for stopping that play in Chiefs-Broncos after the snap. Did anyone know that?

Really? The play clock is just clock is just a suggestion?

So the NFL has kicked the door wide open for officials to show preferential treatment and will even penalize officials who strictly enforce delay of game. This of course from the same Competition Committee that added pass interference to replay reviews. That committee needs an enema.

http://www.startribune.com/why-wasnt-aaron-rodgers-called-for-multiple-delay-of-game-penalties-sunday/560502002/

< Message edited by TJSweens -- 9/17/2019 8:53:49 AM >

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 747
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 9:01:32 AM   
drviking

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

I maintain that Kirk Cousins will have a good season. I am impressed the Vikings have a running game again by having made improvements on the Oline and have a healthy Dalvin Cook and complimentary offensive weapons.

I agree that Kirk will have a good season.

It won't be enough to win the Super Bowl.

Nothing else matters

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 748
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 9:08:24 AM   
ronhextall

Which good teams will Cousins beat this season?

Last year that was a very short list with lots of misses.
Post #: 749
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 9:30:59 AM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

My woman doesn't control my money or the remote. Just sayin...

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 750
Page:   <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode