Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 11:23:26 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

1st Drive (missed FG)
Pass Incomplete
(9:25) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass incomplete short right to S.Diggs.
3rd & 10 at GB 29

Pass Incomplete
(8:08) K.Cousins pass incomplete short middle to S.Diggs.
3rd & 2 at MIN 29

Interception
(4:11) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short middle intended for S.Diggs INTERCEPTED by P.Smith (D.Savage) at GB 48. P.Smith to MIN 47 for 5 yards (G.Bradbury).
3rd & 6 at MIN 44

Pass Incomplete
(1:03) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass incomplete short middle to S.Diggs (J.Alexander).
2nd & Goal at GB 13

This is the 1st half alone....2 of the passes could have been 1st downs.

Not all incomplete passes are drops.

Most aren't.

I understand that not all incomplete passes are drops....I watched the game and he dropped 2-3 of those I listed. The interception I can't remember if that was tipped or not but I made mental notes on the 3rd and 2 drop and the 3rd & 10 drop as 1st downs he didn't catch.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 776
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 11:28:50 AM   
Ragnarök

quote:

quote:

quote:

1st Drive (missed FG)
Pass Incomplete
(9:25) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass incomplete short right to S.Diggs.
3rd & 10 at GB 29

Pass Incomplete
(8:08) K.Cousins pass incomplete short middle to S.Diggs.
3rd & 2 at MIN 29

Interception
(4:11) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short middle intended for S.Diggs INTERCEPTED by P.Smith (D.Savage) at GB 48. P.Smith to MIN 47 for 5 yards (G.Bradbury).
3rd & 6 at MIN 44

Pass Incomplete
(1:03) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass incomplete short middle to S.Diggs (J.Alexander).
2nd & Goal at GB 13

This is the 1st half alone....2 of the passes could have been 1st downs.

Not all incomplete passes are drops.

Most aren't.

I understand that not all incomplete passes are drops....I watched the game and he dropped 2-3 of those I listed. The interception I can't remember if that was tipped or not but I made mental notes on the 3rd and 2 drop and the 3rd & 10 drop as 1st downs he didn't catch.

On the day Cousins was wildly inconsistent on the majority of his throws, Many were more of a placement issue for the given route run and coverage. Others were just wild balls... There could have easily been two or three more INTS...
Post #: 777
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 11:32:14 AM   
TJSweens

I think it's safe to say Cousins had a poor day throwing the ball and Diggs had an off day catching it.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 778
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 11:33:26 AM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

I think it's safe to say Cousins had a poor day throwing the ball and Diggs had an off day catching it.

Well put... We can hope for better days ahead!
Post #: 779
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 11:44:03 AM   
Rob Viking

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

Kirk has now entered my Case Keenum phase

When it became apparent that Bradford wasnt coming back and Teddy was unable to take over, I knew we did not have enough to win the Super Bowl. I know many of my brothers here thought it was going to be our year. I knew Case was not enough, but instead of complaining about it for the 2 month before we were eliminated, I refrained from constantly bagging on Keenum, so that others could buy into/enjoy the ride.

Kirk is now in that category. He will not be enough to win the Super Bowl.

I will try not to constantly complain about him. He is our QB this year.

I am back to hoping for a record breaking rushing title this year. 2200 yards for Cook!

Part of me still thinks had Case just taken the sack on that 3rd long at midfield in Philly when we were up 7-0 things would have been different that day.

Only 2 seasons ago Blake Bortles should have been starting in a Super Bowl. Had Cody Parkey hit a FG, Trubisky may have very well gotten to a SB.

Kirk's pocket presence is very worrying but Kubiak's system alleviates that stress by rolling protection and play action. With the way the running game is going things are bound to open up. Matt Schaub even had some monster years with Kubiak. Kubiak even won some playoff games with TJ Yates. If not for all of the OPI penalties Kirk may have had a decent game. No excuse for the pick which could be the singular biggest play to ruin the season.

Look we're 1-1, but the other NFC contenders like the Saints, Bears and Eagles don't look right. I don't see a dominant team in the conference at the moment. And don't tell me the Packers, one thing I came away after that game was that we're still a better team than them.

Cowboys aren't looking bad. Real good defense. Ezekiel Eliot running, and they are scoring a lot. Cowboys could be very good and it pains me to say that.

Plus they actually added a couple of WRs to the offense.

True they do look real good, but they've also played the Giants and Skins. That Washington game was by no means a blowout. Let's see how they do against a real team this week
Post #: 780
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 11:53:05 AM   
TJSweens

Yeah, Dallas has developed a flair for underachieving, no matter how good they look on paper.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 781
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 11:55:28 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

As goes the QB so goes the WR's... There is something up with Diggs and his game, I dont think its all a "sore hammy" Just as I dont think that Thielen and Kirk ended the season on the best terms...

It was purported in WA that Kirk lost some of his teammates with his way of being... The QB is the team leader and face of franchise on offense... If we go back and forth here on board on buying into him, how do you think teammates feel who live it every day with the guy and many are paid a whole lot less to continue to try and elevate this team and carry it to victories...

Something was up with the Doctson signing and whispers of him being a team cancer, not sure what went on there but sure was odd how that card played out...

The frustration will again boil over at some point if losses mount, expect to see more of Diggs and Thielen yelling at their leader...

Have you convinced yourself yet?
Post #: 782
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 11:59:09 AM   
thebigo

quote:

PFF Recap:

GREEN BAY PACKERS

Kenny Clark was easily the most impressive defender on the field in this game. He seemed to be living in the Vikings’ backfield, as he picked up a sack and multiple hits and hurries. But he was equally impressive in the run game with multiple disruptive plays and solo stops.

Linebacker Blake Martinez was all over the field for the Packers’ defense, as he led either team in tackles and defensive stops. Martinez looked really good in coverage, as well. He locked down the middle of the field and was targeted just one time all game.

Aaron Rodgers bounced back from a tough game to open the season with a solid performance in this win. While he didn’t have a ton of overly impressive throws, he came up clutch time and time again as he picked up huge first downs with good throws. He didn’t have any throws in danger of being picked off and operated well in the pocket considering how often he was under pressure.

The Vikings seemed to pick up a weakness with left tackle David Bakhtiari, as they used the bullrush to drive him back into Rodgers over and over again. Bakhtiari gave up a lot of hurries in this game, and pretty much all of them came with a straight rush by the defender. He also didn’t fare much better as a run blocker, either.

Rookie Takeaways

Rashan Gary and Darnell Savage had forgettable performances in Week 2. Neither rookie defender had a huge impact on the game.

MINNESOTA VIKINGS

Dalvin Cook looked impressive all game, as he ended up with a career-high in rushing yards. He forced multiple missed tackles and gained a ton of yards after contact. His 75-yard touchdown run was the highlight play of course, but he was impressive throughout

Kirk Cousins was all over the place, throwing two interceptions and multiple turnover-worthy plays on top of two fumbles. His touchdown throw to Stefon Diggs was a thing of beauty, but that was about the only good throw he made all game.

Everson Griffen was a beast up front for this Vikings’ defensive front, as he worked his way into the Packers backfield seemingly at will. He may not have finished with a sack, but he had a ton of hurries and even added a few stops in the running game.

The Packers went into this game with a clear intention to pick on cornerback Xavier Rhodes, and it worked. Almost every time they threw to his coverage, the receiver not only picked up a first down but was open by multiple steps. Rhodes didn’t break up a single pass thrown his way and was the biggest issue for the Vikings’ defense in this game.

Rookie Takeaways

Rookie NC State center Garrett Bradbury struggled in pass protection for the second consecutive week. In Week 1, it was Grady Jarrett. This week, it was Kenny Clark winning the matchup.

Any analysis that states that any Packer defender was "impressive in the run game" is flawed.
Post #: 783
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 12:02:05 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

As goes the QB so goes the WR's... There is something up with Diggs and his game, I dont think its all a "sore hammy" Just as I dont think that Thielen and Kirk ended the season on the best terms...

It was purported in WA that Kirk lost some of his teammates with his way of being... The QB is the team leader and face of franchise on offense... If we go back and forth here on board on buying into him, how do you think teammates feel who live it every day with the guy and many are paid a whole lot less to continue to try and elevate this team and carry it to victories...

Something was up with the Doctson signing and whispers of him being a team cancer, not sure what went on there but sure was odd how that card played out...

The frustration will again boil over at some point if losses mount, expect to see more of Diggs and Thielen yelling at their leader...

Not quite yet...

I still see those passes Kirk throws that are things of beauty we all long for around here and like the rest think WHAT IF...

What if Kirk can get his head together long enough to go on a run with his ability and all of this teams talent we could contend...

WE COULD...
Post #: 784
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 12:31:03 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Thank you Captain Obvious!!!!

JK.

But yes. That would be accurate.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 785
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 12:56:07 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Thank you Captain Obvious!!!!

JK.

But yes. That would be accurate.

Yeah, it was obvious. I was just trying to end the endless was it Cousins or was it Diggs string.

Post #: 786
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 12:57:37 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

ramblings

Diggs/Cousins monumental stupid plays, Diggs overall bad game

frickin Bailey

i didnt hate the play call, its a play that wishbone qbs/option qbs/HS qbs can all be trusted with, just a gigantic stupid mistake

cant believe we kept Rudy at his price

the people that wanted to trade rhodes and keep waynes may have been right

frickin Hill

Beebe overslotted at wr3, should be wr5, Theilen showed a lot more and was not a WR3 in his second year. the announces called him a speedster, as he was getting run down from behind by 3 players

frickin doctson

its interesting to me how people say Traderick has to go if we miss the playoffs with this much talent......talent brought in by Traderick?

Now, I am OK with listening to blowing the whole thing up, at some point results matter, and we have been in this regime for 10ish years, with mediocre results, and at some point you have to move on if expectations are not met.

I agree with this frickin post!
Post #: 787
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 1:14:15 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Not quite yet...

I still see those passes Kirk throws that are things of beauty we all long for around here and like the rest think WHAT IF...

What if Kirk can get his head together long enough to go on a run with his ability and all of this teams talent we could contend...

WE COULD...

I want to see what happens against Oakland.....I want balance every week and for that to happen our running game had to improve, check. Next our Oline and our two, top-15 paid WR have to perform well too with our top 10 QB (along with our top 5 paid TE) in the passing game.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 9/17/2019 1:15:24 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 788
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 1:33:44 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

NFL's highest paid quarterbacks (average salary per year):
1. Seahawks QB Russell Wilson: $35 million
2. Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger: $34 million
3. Packers QB Aaron Rodgers: $33.5 million
4. Eagles QB Carson Wentz: $32 million
5. Falcons QB Matt Ryan: $30 million
6. Vikings QB Kirk Cousins: $28 million
7. 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo: $27.5 million
8. Lions QB Matthew Stafford: $27 million
9. Raiders QB Derek Carr: $25 million
10. Saints QB Drew Brees: $25 million

The pure definition of insanity.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 789
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 2:22:28 PM   
Bill Jandro

The Packers went into this game with a clear intention to pick on cornerback Xavier Rhodes, and it worked. Almost every time they threw to his coverage, the receiver not only picked up a first down but was open by multiple steps. Rhodes didn’t break up a single pass thrown his way and was the biggest issue for the Vikings’ defense in this game.

I know Rhodes has had trouble with Adams but a team targeting your #1 CB doesn't bode well for Rhodes closed.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 790
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 2:30:08 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I'm looking forward to the injury report tomorrow.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 791
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 3:16:01 PM   
Bruce Johnson

What do you think. I don't know what to think.

https://youtu.be/li_eDSvZFgE

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 792
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 3:33:23 PM   
Bill Jandro

I see Oak has only given up 126 rushing yards in 2 games.

Post #: 793
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 3:45:50 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I think we need to think about what we're going to do about qb going forward.

There is a lot of season left but Cousins (at this stage) is not the long term answer.

Giving up a #1 and change for Ramsey (albeit one helluva good player) doesn't leave us with much ammo to go get a qb.

And then there is the argument as to how many first rd DB's do we need.

Post #: 794
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 3:46:06 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

quote:

Mahomes will get $40 million a year.
Post #: 795
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 3:59:44 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

quote:

Mahomes will get $40 million a year.

Wasn't Dak Prescott already asking for that much?

It's getting out of control.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 796
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 4:03:17 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Just how many major assets do we need to throw at the defense so Zim can keep his rep as a "defensive guru"?
Post #: 797
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 4:08:01 PM   
drviking

quote:

quote:

Just how many major assets do we need to throw at the defense so Zim can keep his rep as a "defensive guru"?

I don't think Ramsey would fit well with Zim
Ymmv

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 798
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 4:25:05 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

Which good teams will Cousins beat this season?

Last year that was a very short list with lots of misses.

Which teams that we lost to were we better than last year? Cousins has had his struggles, but this particular pinata has no candy.....We were objectively better than the Bills and he sucked that day, along with everyone else. While it's true he didn't elevate us to beat teams we weren't as good as, which we can reasonably expect him to do at least occasionally given his contract and centrality, we were worse than all the rest of the teams we lost to, and not by a little. He almost elevated us past the Rams, but.....

There is ample room to criticize Kirk without tropes that don't hold water.

Should be better than a lot of teams if you paid Cousins because you believed he was final piece.

If you are telling me Cousins can’t win games by himself when needed, I agree. It will likely cost Speilman his job.

I don’t think the Vikings beat anybody that was worth a damn last season. They certainly stunk in most if not all “big” games.

Cousins was not the "final piece". He was an unlikely UFA at the premier position, which was of great need. Hell, our OL was in shambles.

Fran Tarkenton coming back from the Giants was the final piece.

Hershel Walker was the final piece.

That's about it.
Post #: 799
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2019 4:34:05 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Eh, that's just a statement devoid of risk and, dare I say, safe.
Post #: 800
Page:   <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode