Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2019 5:15:46 AM   
Todd M

If you want to make the game for the ladies let that female soccer star kick for a team. Seriously, can she hit mid 40 yard FG's regularly? Our guy can't.
Post #: 826
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2019 7:01:35 AM   
Bill Jandro

And let Erin wear a skirt

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 827
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2019 7:28:53 AM   
Bill Jandro

https://vikings61.com/is-xavier-rhodes-still-one-of-the-nfls-best-cornerbacks/

After making consecutive Pro Bowls and being elected First Team All-Pro after the 2017 season, Minnesota Vikings cornerback Xavier Rhodes found himself off both lists in 2018. Was his play last season that far beneath his previous two?

Post #: 828
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2019 7:52:21 AM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dana Turner

quote:

quote:

Lets face it, the reason so many of us are so down on Cousins is because we held out hope that he would be better than what he has showed his entire career. If we want to relieve some of the stress, we just need to understand that even though he's being paid a lot of dough, he's just an average QB and not expect anything different. I have seen enough of his body of work to understand that he is best if there isn't pressure on him to perform and our current offense should be able to minimize the need for these types of situations. We came back on GB yesterday, running the ball, not passing it. So, if we can get the head coach to have his team prepared right out of the gate, maybe we won't be so far behind and not need Cousins to feel the pressure.

I hope they keep Dakota right where he's at, this offensive line can be special with time. Elf makes a better swing guy/backup.

I feel the same way Phil about Diggs play yesterday, I even mentioned it to my brother. With Cousins not playing at his best, we don't need Diggs being a dumbass out there, we needed leadership and he certainly didn't show that. That is one of the huge differences between Diggs and AT.

I am wondering about the booth review after the TD Diggs scored on the drag across the middle. They called Cook for blocking in the end zone, even though no flag was thrown. Does that mean they are now going to scour every scoring play to look for a penalty that didn't get called. The hit in the end zone was five yards away from the play, Diggs wasn't going to get stopped by they guy that had contact with Cook. I don't know if I've ever seen a review of a TD and had a penalty called from the booth when there wasn't a penalty called on the field. That was very strange and sets a very bad president.

Didn't it get reviewed because it was in the last 2 minutes?

I don't think every scoring play will get reviewed. Only if team throws flag, or in last 2 minutes NY takes a look at it.

I believe I heard him say that it was being reviewed because every scoring play gets reviewed, not sure. But if they just reviewed it because it was in the last two minutes of the half, that is just another thing that is terrible about the review process. I am with Doc, you can take instant replay and throw it away as far as I'm concerned. The NFL reached the place of unwatchable for me a couple of years ago. Now I just watch the condensed games, no commercials, penalties go by in an instant and I only have to listen to a minimum of blabber from announcers calling Garrett Bradbury, "Garrett Bradley", I mean really, the whole product is certainly not what it was 20 years ago, much less 40 years ago. They have dummied the game down to draw interest from the ladies, lets face it, they (the girls) usually control the money and the remote. (Please understand I am not saying that ladies are dumb, just that the NFL have gone to an extraordinary effort to explain every play in huge detail, that isn't meant for guys who already understand the game) They want to sell the product and teamwear it is a huge profit for them, girls buy much more then men.

It's just a changed form of entertainment that is loosing it's appeal. Collage Football is better, but they will find a way to screw that up too, then it's just the Friday night games of the local High School. Oh well, everybody needs to please the stakeholders I guess, that's just too bad!

My woman doesn't control my money or the remote. Just sayin...

In today's world, they should or you are a sexist, chauvinist pig.

Oink Oink. I wear the pants in my family and that isn't changing.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 829
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2019 8:34:18 AM   
Bill Jandro

One thing I noticed was that our cb's were all playing off the wr's by like almost 10 yards.

I think Rhodes would be better served playing bump n run

Post #: 830
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2019 9:31:42 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Lets face it, the reason so many of us are so down on Cousins is because we held out hope that he would be better than what he has showed his entire career. If we want to relieve some of the stress, we just need to understand that even though he's being paid a lot of dough, he's just an average QB and not expect anything different. I have seen enough of his body of work to understand that he is best if there isn't pressure on him to perform and our current offense should be able to minimize the need for these types of situations. We came back on GB yesterday, running the ball, not passing it. So, if we can get the head coach to have his team prepared right out of the gate, maybe we won't be so far behind and not need Cousins to feel the pressure.

I hope they keep Dakota right where he's at, this offensive line can be special with time. Elf makes a better swing guy/backup.

I feel the same way Phil about Diggs play yesterday, I even mentioned it to my brother. With Cousins not playing at his best, we don't need Diggs being a dumbass out there, we needed leadership and he certainly didn't show that. That is one of the huge differences between Diggs and AT.

I am wondering about the booth review after the TD Diggs scored on the drag across the middle. They called Cook for blocking in the end zone, even though no flag was thrown. Does that mean they are now going to scour every scoring play to look for a penalty that didn't get called. The hit in the end zone was five yards away from the play, Diggs wasn't going to get stopped by they guy that had contact with Cook. I don't know if I've ever seen a review of a TD and had a penalty called from the booth when there wasn't a penalty called on the field. That was very strange and sets a very bad president.

I don't think every scoring play will get reviewed. Only if team throws flag, or in last 2 minutes NY takes a look at it.

I believe I heard him say that it was being reviewed because every scoring play gets reviewed, not sure. But if they just reviewed it because it was in the last two minutes of the half, that is just another thing that is terrible about the review process. I am with Doc, you can take instant replay and throw it away as far as I'm concerned. The NFL reached the place of unwatchable for me a couple of years ago. Now I just watch the condensed games, no commercials, penalties go by in an instant and I only have to listen to a minimum of blabber from announcers calling Garrett Bradbury, "Garrett Bradley", I mean really, the whole product is certainly not what it was 20 years ago, much less 40 years ago. They have dummied the game down to draw interest from the ladies, lets face it, they (the girls) usually control the money and the remote. (Please understand I am not saying that ladies are dumb, just that the NFL have gone to an extraordinary effort to explain every play in huge detail, that isn't meant for guys who already understand the game) They want to sell the product and teamwear it is a huge profit for them, girls buy much more then men.

It's just a changed form of entertainment that is loosing it's appeal. Collage Football is better, but they will find a way to screw that up too, then it's just the Friday night games of the local High School. Oh well, everybody needs to please the stakeholders I guess, that's just too bad!

You should really change your pants every once in a while.
Post #: 831
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2019 9:45:38 AM   
Todd M

I would be fine with the same initial 1st qtr score and last 3/4's of defense if we gave up plays being aggressive challenging Rodgers. I felt we sat back way to much and let Rodgers be comfortable dictating the initial pace. First play last week set a tone and we didn't see anything like that until we were down 21 points.

Also, if bugs me that our PA looks so pedestrian.

This team looks too willing to play within themselves.
Post #: 832
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2019 9:52:55 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Odle

Don't forget how they are using picture in picture to advertise Duracell batteries while teams are in the huddle. Can't even wait for commercial breaks to sling products.

I think that's a good way to describe how I feel Dave. It's just too much overload! Follow that with a slowed down game with stupid reviews and lousy pace and no wonder we can all get grouchy about the way the game is going.

Yikes I'm starting to sound like my Dad!

You never dreamed that one day you'd become a grumpy old man. But here you are, killing it!
Post #: 833
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2019 11:59:22 AM   
ronhextall

Any chance Vikings could trade Rhoades and next year’s first rounder for Ramsey?
Post #: 834
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2019 12:12:59 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Odle

Don't forget how they are using picture in picture to advertise Duracell batteries while teams are in the huddle. Can't even wait for commercial breaks to sling products.

I think that's a good way to describe how I feel Dave. It's just too much overload! Follow that with a slowed down game with stupid reviews and lousy pace and no wonder we can all get grouchy about the way the game is going.

Yikes I'm starting to sound like my Dad!

You never dreamed that one day you'd become a grumpy old man. But here you are, killing it!

Definitely getting old my brother!
Post #: 835
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2019 12:14:21 PM   
The Happy Norseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Any chance Vikings could trade Rhoades and next year’s first rounder for Ramsey?

The only problem is that the Vikings need to draft a QB in the first round this year because its a stacked QB class. Maybe they'd go for Rhoades and a 2nd next year, or the Vikings 1st rounder the following year.

If the Cubs can win the World Series...
Post #: 836
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2019 12:15:35 PM   
thebigo

quote:

If we throw in Danielle Hunter and Dalvin Cook they might bite.
Post #: 837
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2019 12:17:04 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

Forget that!
Post #: 838
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2019 12:19:43 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Forget that!

Maybe I should have wrote "If we ALSO throw in Danielle Hunter and Dalvin Cook they might bite."?

< Message edited by thebigo -- 9/18/2019 12:21:14 PM >
Post #: 839
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2019 12:20:03 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Happy Norseman

quote:

The only problem is that the Vikings need to draft a QB in the first round this year because its a stacked QB class. Maybe they'd go for Rhoades and a 2nd next year, or the Vikings 1st rounder the following year.

I see the window closing after next season. They are stuck with Cousins for this Super Bowl window.

After next year I hope the team with the #1 overall pick doesn’t need a QB and trade up anything and anybody to grab the Clemson QB

< Message edited by ronhextall -- 9/18/2019 12:29:59 PM >
Post #: 840
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2019 12:31:17 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

Trade them Cousins and re-sign the Sloat!
Post #: 841
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2019 12:52:42 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Dilly Dilly
Post #: 842
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2019 12:55:58 PM   
kevinemmer

In all seriousness,

I don't think Zim would get along with Ramsey,
Zim's handling of Pac-man not withstanding.

"Not withstanding" is a weird phrase.

Post #: 843
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2019 1:31:20 PM   
beo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

Good stuff Bill!!! I gotta agree with you on all points. I really miss the way NFL films used to do things. Just imagine the hd capability with the formula they used back then.

It could be so much better than it currently is. Heck I miss the highlights from Inside the NFL with Dawson and Co. Or even NFL Primetime from however long ago.

The Blitz was a sucky implementation of NFL highlights.

Nothing compared to the “Voice of god” John Facenda presented by the Sable’s with music by Sam Spence IMO..

Yea, the problem with high tech is that everything is high tech now. There is simply nothing from the entertainment category now that doesn't contain high tech. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate many of the high tech gadgets we have today, it makes life easier and in many cases, verifiable, but today's world certainly isn't better to live in. I've talked about it many times with friends and family. Sure, there are great things today and many innovations that we simply can't see us going back to the old days from, but really, I feel very fortunate that I was born in '57, and lived through the 60's, 70' and 80's, before there were cell phones, computers, 157 channels with nothing on, (Springsteen {:~). Remember when kids used to play in the streets, hide and go seek, kick the can, football, baseball at the park, don't see it at all these days. It's all good, I have the fond memories of a time that won't come back, but I wouldn't want to be a kid today and not know what I know about the not too distant past. Sorry, nostalgic moment

Eh, I think we get overly nostalgic for the "good old days" sometimes...

My kids (all teenagers now) grew up in a cul de sac with 4 other families with kids and several more within a couple of blocks. Best friends within walking distance. We hosted many a summer after dark ghost in the graveyard, pickup soccer games, camping in the backyard, outdoor movie night, etc... Life is what you make of it.

I actually planned to move from our "starter house" once the oldest started school... head to a small town like I grew up in... but you make neighborhood friends and grow roots. My kids didn't have the same freedom I had... but they had a lot more organized activity. All in all... probably a wash.

(Don't get me wrong... I can get all grumpy old man and bash the youth with the best of them... but if take an objective look... who knows)

< Message edited by beo -- 9/18/2019 1:32:34 PM >
Post #: 844
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2019 2:09:23 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Elflein and Hughes both practiced today. Possible that both could be back for Sundays game vs Raiders

Vikings Spin on Twitter

#Vikings CB Mackensie Alexander and LB Ben Gedeon sit out practice Wednesday. When will CB Mike Hughes be able to return from knee injury?

(Chris Tomasson on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 845
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2019 2:24:14 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I guess the Vikings had a game plan that was prepared for by the Packers. I just wonder how they can adjust. I certainly don't want them to abandon play action passing.

https://zonecoverage.com/2019/vikings/the-packers-sold-out-against-kirk-cousins-play-action-last-sunday/

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 846
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2019 3:05:18 PM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I guess the Vikings had a game plan that was prepared for by the Packers. I just wonder how they can adjust. I certainly don't want them to abandon play action passing.

https://zonecoverage.com/2019/vikings/the-packers-sold-out-against-kirk-cousins-play-action-last-sunday/

This is why it's important for the Vikings to get ahead early. Ignore the run? Fine we'll run it down the field all day long, like they did vs Atlanta.

But get down 21-0 and now the defense can better afford to ignore the run on the play action. Sure they'll give up some running yards, but they know a larger percentage of those play actions will be passes when you're way behind, and the defense will focus on those.

< Message edited by Karl Juhnke -- 9/18/2019 3:07:03 PM >
Post #: 847
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2019 4:23:03 PM   
ambear

It was one game, F' it! We have a damn good team, even our QB, who is a part time head case can throw dimes. If we play our game as a team, we can do some damage. Refuse to lose!
Post #: 848
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2019 6:37:17 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

This is why it's important for the Vikings to get ahead early. Ignore the run? Fine we'll run it down the field all day long, like they did vs Atlanta.

But get down 21-0 and now the defense can better afford to ignore the run on the play action. Sure they'll give up some running yards, but they know a larger percentage of those play actions will be passes when you're way behind, and the defense will focus on those.

You make a great point. The Vikings did well with the running last Sunday. It seems to me that they should definitely not abandon the run even when they get behind. Running the ball when the defense is worn down inside the Red Zone should also certainly be an option.

Post #: 849
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2019 11:05:51 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Ignoring the first rounder and whatnot, I hope they at least say Rhodes for Rhamsey. It has a more personal, perhaps Vikings-oriented, touch.

Or perhaps Roads.

Or just go balls to the wall and spell both their names right.

Thank god we don't have any Randall McDaniel types to spell, not to mention Cris Carter.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 9/19/2019 7:37:54 AM >
Post #: 850
Page:   <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode