Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2019 1:18:17 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

Rags always quite compelling. Everything comes down to KFC.....

I'd like to visit a parallel universe sit called TalkRagnarok where Kirk Cousins drones on and on about how RagnaFuckingRoc goes about his daily life, job, relationships, etc. Probably some room to find fault.

Rags re: KFC = Dog re: squirrels

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

I took it as a compliment myself...

THE POWER OF COUSINS COMPELS YOU!

Post #: 901
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2019 1:20:26 PM   
David F.

Well on Sirius NFL yesterday a caller-in asked Bob Papa and Charlie Wiess to compare the body language of Minshew to Kirk Cousins. It's pretty standard on Sirius NFL to never disparage a GM, coach, or player yet Coach Wiess went into detail on what he doesn't like about Cousins' attitude when things go wrong. He also cited Cousins' record against winning teams and his record in prime time.

I was all for the signing of Cousins. I thought he was a great QB and certainly good enough to win a Super Bowl with the defense we already have in place. It's really starting to look like I was incorrect and that we bought a lemon.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 902
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2019 1:31:14 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

quote:

quote:

I'd like to visit a parallel universe sit called TalkRagnarok where Kirk Cousins drones on and on about how RagnaFuckingRoc goes about his daily life, job, relationships, etc. Probably some room to find fault.

I took it as a compliment myself...

My demons will be exorcised when we are free of the AntiKirk thank you...

I am but just a humble scribe spreading the word of truth of the false prophet, one day the darkness will all become bright as we are cleansed of these sins...

Then I will be free to fade into the background on TalkVikes as an unmotivated fan with nothing to rant incoherently ad nauseam...

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 9/20/2019 1:59:13 PM >
Post #: 903
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2019 1:51:49 PM   
Bruce Johnson

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/9/20/20876032/vikings-final-injury-report

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 904
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2019 2:12:10 PM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 905
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2019 2:35:36 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/9/20/20876032/vikings-final-injury-report

Gedeon AND Barr out would be a problem. Oh that's right we've got the all-world Eric Wilson.
Post #: 906
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2019 2:37:41 PM   
Bruce Johnson

There's a report here on interest in Jalen Ramsey by the Vikings.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/20/mackensie-alexander-out-for-vikings/

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 907
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2019 3:27:23 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Antonio Brown has been cut by the Patriots.

Post #: 908
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2019 3:28:41 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

That was quick. That guy can't do wrong right. Was it the doctor thing or the witness intimidation thing?
Post #: 909
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2019 3:32:58 PM   
Todd M

quote:

There's a report here on interest in Jalen Ramsey by the Vikings.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/20/mackensie-alexander-out-for-vikings/

We're already chasing. Why can't we just have a clean run?!
Post #: 910
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2019 3:34:11 PM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

That was quick. That guy can't do wrong right. Was it the doctor thing or the witness intimidation thing?

He's going to regret all the lost income...just ask Latrell Sprewell (different circumstances).
Post #: 911
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2019 3:36:46 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

He's going to regret all the lost income...just ask Latrell Sprewell (different circumstances).

Stoopid is as Stoopid does...
Post #: 912
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2019 3:45:47 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Patriots release Antonio Brown after claims of sexual misconduct, intimidation of accuser

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/patriots-release-antonio-brown-after-claims-of-sexual-misconduct-imtimidation

Post #: 913
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2019 3:49:05 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

Patriots release Antonio Brown after claims of sexual misconduct, intimidation of accuser

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/patriots-release-antonio-brown-after-claims-of-sexual-misconduct-imtimidation

Andrew Brandt@AndrewBrandt

Payment terms of $9M bonus:
$5M on or before 9/23/19;
$4M on or before 1/15/20.
As to its status, well, lawyers. #AB

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 914
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2019 3:53:05 PM   
thebigo

Classic karma.
Post #: 915
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2019 3:56:41 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Tom Pelissero@TomPelissero
The #Patriots gave Antonio Brown a $9M signing bonus on his 1-year deal — but it wasn’t all due at signing, and there’s usually forfeiture language. As one NFL exec told me: “I don’t think he has any money yet so at least they can hold it while they fight about it.”

Post #: 916
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2019 3:58:28 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

The #Patriots gave Antonio Brown a $9M signing bonus on his 1-year deal — but it wasn’t all due at signing, and there’s usually forfeiture language. As one NFL exec told me: “I don’t think he has any money yet so at least they can hold it while they fight about it.”

I'm sure he'll get a game check or 2, that's probably it.
Post #: 917
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2019 4:27:09 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

I'm sure he'll get a game check or 2, that's probably it.

in oakland....

Other league execs think it’s a weak forfeiture case. Regardless, AB has earned two $62,500 game checks plus a $33,333 46-man bonus, and the rest of his $1M base salary was guaranteed (another possible fight). And a potential grievance awaits vs. #Raiders over voided guarantees.

Post #: 918
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2019 4:50:44 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

Well-played, sir!
Post #: 919
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2019 4:57:58 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Well on Sirius NFL yesterday a caller-in asked Bob Papa and Charlie Wiess to compare the body language of Minshew to Kirk Cousins. It's pretty standard on Sirius NFL to never disparage a GM, coach, or player yet Coach Wiess went into detail on what he doesn't like about Cousins' attitude when things go wrong. He also cited Cousins' record against winning teams and his record in prime time.

I was all for the signing of Cousins. I thought he was a great QB and certainly good enough to win a Super Bowl with the defense we already have in place. It's really starting to look like I was incorrect and that we bought a lemon.

I'm concerned, but not close to giving up. He is skilled but robotic, which means a chunk of what vexes him could be schemed around while a chunk cannot be. If the line gets better, the chunk that can be schemed around gets bigger. My biggest concession is something Ragnarok stated well earlier in the week, which is that it is unlikely we will ever be able to trust him in a big game, and additionally that he may never be someone who lifts the team in anything like the proportion he should given his prominence.
Post #: 920
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2019 5:29:53 PM   
Born2Blitz

NFL rumors: Former Eagles wide receiver works out for Minnesota Vikings

Today 5:53 PM
Former Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Jordan Matthews worked out for the Minnesota Vikings this
By Mike Kaye
Jordan Matthews is still looking for his next NFL home.

The veteran wide receiver worked out for the Minnesota Vikings this week, according to ESPN’s Field Yates.

skol...Skol...SKol..SKOl.....SKOL
Post #: 921
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2019 6:47:23 PM   
drviking

quote:

starting to look that way,

we KNEW case was fool's gold, so KFC was the correct move at the time, but it just doesnt look like it is going to work, just like Favre, it was worth a shot....Favre was way more fun

IF Teddy does well, maybe we can rent Brees for one year

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 922
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2019 8:31:29 PM   
Dana Turner

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

quote:

starting to look that way,

we KNEW case was fool's gold, so KFC was the correct move at the time, but it just doesnt look like it is going to work, just like Favre, it was worth a shot....Favre was way more fun

IF Teddy does well, maybe we can rent Brees for one year

I do believe that Cousins was the correct move at the time, although I was a skeptic at the time. I truly believe he has solid arm talent, but after that, he's got a couple flaws that are very hard, if not impossible, to fix. He can be taught to move his feet and shuffle, but he cant be taught to "feel" the pressure. You either have that ability or you don't. The other, and even more important in my view, is his mental strength. His body language when things are going wrong says a lot about his mental makeup.

I get it, we have him for the next two years, but we need to find his replacement and start grooming that guy to be our next QB. I am sure the Viking brass was just like a lot of us when evaluating Cousins. I think they thought with a different team, a better team and hopefully better coaching, they could work with Cousins to make him serviceable and maybe they will, but so far, 18 games in to this, it isn't visible to the naked eye. Lets just let this thing run it's course, we have no other options, he will be part of a few wins this year and maybe we can get past his gaffs and pull out a couple too!
Post #: 923
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2019 9:04:26 PM   
Dana Turner

One thing is for sure, we need to show up at the beginning of games if we are going to have a successful season. We drop behind 21-zip in the first 16 minutes of the game, alful tough to instill hope when you have to score four times against any NFL team, much less GB in their place. So, this is another glaring flaw in this team and it needs to be corrected. It has been brought up over the past couple of years, so it's not new, but what to do about it is apparently a mystery. I'm thinking there needs to be better analysis done to get to the cause of these starts, there must be something common between them, but there have been too many to ignore and slough it off to a bad game.

This is another serious issue that needs to be fixed, just to get us on an even playing field at the start of important games, and lets face it, any given Sunday you can get beat by an inferior team.

< Message edited by Dana Turner -- 9/20/2019 9:33:06 PM >
Post #: 924
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2019 10:33:55 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dana Turner

One thing is for sure, we need to show up at the beginning of games if we are going to have a successful season. We drop behind 21-zip in the first 16 minutes of the game, alful tough to instill hope when you have to score four times against any NFL team, much less GB in their place. So, this is another glaring flaw in this team and it needs to be corrected. It has been brought up over the past couple of years, so it's not new, but what to do about it is apparently a mystery. I'm thinking there needs to be better analysis done to get to the cause of these starts, there must be something common between them, but there have been too many to ignore and slough it off to a bad game.

This is another serious issue that needs to be fixed, just to get us on an even playing field at the start of important games, and lets face it, any given Sunday you can get beat by an inferior team.

It feels like Zimmer comes into the game with a 'let's see what they do' gameplan. How about instead you ANTICIPATE what they might be looking to do. Better yet, come up with three or four likely gameplan scenarios for what the opponent is likely to come out with and have answers for each. Last week, one of those likely scenarios could have been 'Devante Adams is their best player so maybe they'll be trying to go to him early and often - if so - DOUBLE HIM'.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 925
Page:   <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode