Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 9:15:54 PM   
beo

Bears DLine looks pretty darn good...
Post #: 126
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 9:16:39 PM   
Ragnarök

A great D is totally wasted if you have no QB to move the ball on O
Post #: 127
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 9:18:35 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

Has it ever happened that a player got a 30+million dollar signing bonus, and didn't play a down in the regular season? Brown might have to get checked out by some white coated professionals, because he's been acting erratic since the end of the season.

brown received a $1m signing bonus, and $30m guaranteed...the raiders don't lose much....

ZERO

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/05/antonio-brown-may-end-up-getting-no-payment-at-all-from-the-raiders/
Post #: 128
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 9:40:34 PM   
Jeff Jesser

this game is a total stinkfest.
Post #: 129
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 9:43:23 PM   
Viking Rich

Bears are popping Rodgers good. That last play Rodgers got taken down scrambling to his right and getting rid of the ball at the last second reminded me of the play when Barr knocked him out for several games.

Give Chandler the Rock
Post #: 130
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 9:59:04 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

Trubisky = Christian Ponder

Painful to watch.

Ponder 2.0 (better arm/more athletic but terrible QB).

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 131
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 10:07:18 PM   
David F.

An elite defense doesn't count for squat if you can only put up 3 points at home against an inferior opponent.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 132
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 10:15:10 PM   
thebigo

How does the ref call that complete?
Post #: 133
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 10:29:19 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

Well Turdbiscuit strikes again. Looks like Ponder to me.
Post #: 134
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 10:36:09 PM   
Ragnarök

Well that was quite the statement put forth by our division rivals in the season opener... YAWN...
Post #: 135
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 10:39:42 PM   
Bruce Johnson

We're going to hear about the new Packers defense (ad nauseam) We will be their next opponent. Packer fans have to be happy having their team getting three extra days to rest and prepare for the Vikings-and gloat. If we win Sunday the Packer game will be for the division lead. If we lose Sunday we could be in early trouble.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 136
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 10:39:44 PM   
Viking Rich

Damn. Packers go into Chicago and bitch slap them.

Sure hope Zimmer and staff are watching how to do it.

Packers are now going to have a home-fest of games.

5 of their next 6 are at home. And they have 10 days now before they play us.

Looking at their schedule, it's like the NFL set them up for early success this season...

Give Chandler the Rock
Post #: 137
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 10:40:07 PM   
Ragnarök

Rodgers was livid at moments in game as it was obvious the golden boy isnt getting the benefit of doubt/ gift calls from the officials in this game, as well the Pack O line was called for holding a number of times, way out of their norm of what they are allowed...

Hope this continues throughout the year~
Post #: 138
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 10:40:53 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

Well that was quite the statement put forth by our division rivals in the season opener... YAWN...

Of course they're lauding the Packers D. Give me a break! That was a poorly played game. I could've played defense against Turdbiscuit tonight.
Post #: 139
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 10:43:27 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

Of course they're lauding the Packers D. Give me a break! That was a poorly played game. I could've played defense against Turdbiscuit tonight.

Stafford and the Lions could have beat both those teams on field at same time as they played tonight!

If the Vikes find themselves with new look O and usually stingy D we should be just fine...
Post #: 140
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 10:43:32 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

Rodgers was livid at moments in game as it was obvious the golden boy isnt getting the benefit of doubt/ gift calls from the officials in this game, as well the Pack O line was called for holding a number of times, way out of their norm of what they are allowed...

I noticed the holding calls too. That Bears defense is still legitimate. Their rookie RB was supposed to be all world, but he looked pretty tame.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 141
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 10:45:21 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

I noticed the holding calls too. That Bears defense is still legitimate. Their rookie RB was supposed to be all world, but he looked pretty tame.

It's hard to run the ball when your qb cant complete a pass further than 5 yards down field.
Post #: 142
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 11:05:42 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's hard to run the ball when your qb cant complete a pass further than 5 yards down field.

In his defense he's not good.
Post #: 143
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 11:32:18 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

quote:

In his defense he's not good.

Post #: 144
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 1:59:47 AM   
Murph

quote:

quote:

quote:

To think the Bears could have drafted either Mahomes or Watson instead, whew.

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 145
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 5:28:04 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Brown needs to be thrown in a rubber room plain and simple.

Pitt obliged him with a trade. Oak was the only team stupid enough to give up assets for a certified nut job.

Thought Oak was foolish to trade Cooper and Mack. Both were young and entering their prime. Brown doesn't even fit with what they started doing.

He's mentally ill.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 146
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 5:29:46 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nate

It'll be interesting to see the mentality of the offense this year. I'm hoping we can be a little more innovative and less predictable, running more plays per set. Last few years, outside of having bad o-lines, everyone knew what play were were running simply by the formation/package we brought it. It was very evident on 3rd and short as most times their defense met the our RB in the backfield . I also hate playing for FGs in the redzone and the typical "HB draw" for 2 yards on second and long.

I'm not holding my breath since we have a ton of TEs which will dictate more max protect and crowded boxes, but here's to hoping we have a better year than last... Skol Vikes! Also, for tonight, NO PACK NO!!!

I wanted the Puke to win as they aren't competition, but I feel the Bears are.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 147
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 5:50:40 AM   
Ricky J

Feel all right by not knowing who won the game until this morning when I opened this page. It would of sucked to miss that play at the plate to end the game last night.
Post #: 148
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 7:30:29 AM   
Tom Sykes

I’d like to get excited by Trubiskey’s ineptness but we have a way of making bad QBs look good - sometimes. Also, that was a clutch pass at the end of the game that should have been a completion at the goaline (it bounced off the arm of Packers defender who wasnt looking).

The packers are lucky more than good.

That Bears defense is in your face wicked though.
Post #: 149
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 7:32:14 AM   
Bill Jandro

Bear dline is nasty and Mack didn't seem to do much but I wasn't paying real close attention.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode