Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/7/2019 8:38:43 AM   
Bruce Johnson

At this point it doesn't look like Antonio Bryant will play with the Black and Silver.

http://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1170324664729690112

Edit: Antonio Brown. Shows how much I care, I guess.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 9/7/2019 12:06:33 PM >

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 176
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/7/2019 10:01:08 AM   
geoffrey greitzer

Diggs missing first game of season... Who replaces him?
And if he is questionable why play him...
Post #: 177
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/7/2019 10:23:07 AM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: geoffrey greitzer

If he is questionable they need to sit him. Hammy's can linger all season if you don't let them heal fully to start.
Post #: 178
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/7/2019 10:33:23 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: geoffrey greitzer

If he's gone the Vikings will employ a lot of two tight end formations.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 179
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/7/2019 10:47:24 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Feel all right by not knowing who won the game until this morning when I opened this page. It would of sucked to miss that play at the plate to end the game last night.

Beautiful. Wasn't it?

It was!!

The ump couldn't have been less excited.

This belongs in the Twins thread, but I can't resist replying. I personally prefer the umpire showing as close to zero emotion or excitement on any play as possible. When he shows emotion or excitement to me it is showing favoritism. Just make the call and let the fans and players show excitement.

Just make the same animated call for each team. Simple as that. Adds to the drama of the moment. It is after all a really important part of the play.

Drama is an important part of the play?

The call, safe or out, is an important part of the play. Was that play not dramatic? If it's a run of the mill play ie easy ground out to short, obviously a simple out signal is called for. On close plays in big moments (dramatic plays) the ump should be emphatic. Not meh.
Post #: 180
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/7/2019 12:19:16 PM   
Bruce Johnson

.@vikings will use more play action passes this year, specifically on first down to help out #KirkCousins produce more “chunk” plays. With every explosive play increased so does your chances to score. I will examine this weekly in #BaldysBreakdowns https://t.co/egqarWSgZ8

Post #: 181
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/7/2019 12:21:04 PM   
Bruce Johnson

1 linebacker + 6 defensive backs = golden ticket for the @packers last night.

@BaldyNFL believes they kept up with the speed of the Bears offense 👇

📺: @NFLTotalAccess https://t.co/G3ZjDVRHBK

Post #: 182
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/7/2019 12:23:36 PM   
Bruce Johnson

If the Packers do that next Sunday then I hope we run it down their throat.

Post #: 183
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/7/2019 1:54:41 PM   
geoffrey greitzer

I agree. .sit him...no reason for it to linger.
Maybe doctson plays in his position...
Bebe can't do it...
Post #: 184
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/7/2019 3:23:00 PM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

1 linebacker + 6 defensive backs = golden ticket for the @packers last night.

@BaldyNFL believes they kept up with the speed of the Bears offense 👇

📺: @NFLTotalAccess https://t.co/G3ZjDVRHBK

If there was a Viking game last year that called for that it was the Rams game.
Post #: 185
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/7/2019 4:36:13 PM   
Ragnarök

Was AB's bat shit crazy act just to get kicked from the Raiders he was traded to all along so he could be released and instantly signed by the Patriots?... no collusion there right? I bet now he is a model citizen and 100 percent gets what he wanted... Mega paid diva me first athletes that self destruct themselves and team chemistry to get their way...

This type of crap is going to make more players take notice and try and pull garbage like this to get their way on what team they desire most to play for... End of the NFL as we know it...

Hope Diggs hammy is just a hammy and we dont see no more of his brothers posts of Diggs in an Skins uni!

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 9/7/2019 5:05:19 PM >
Post #: 186
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/7/2019 5:09:15 PM   
Pager

So Elway and Manning refusing to sign with the teams that drafted them was different how?

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 187
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/7/2019 5:16:35 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

So Elway and Manning refusing to sign with the teams that drafted them was different how?

Guess its just the day in age we live in with instant news and social media driven lives...

Nothing has changed but the way we view it and perceive it has greatly...
Post #: 188
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/7/2019 6:15:34 PM   
thebigo

quote:

I'm just spitballing here, they weren't under contract?
Post #: 189
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/7/2019 6:33:28 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

And they were lambasted as spoiled brats and ripped by the majority.
Post #: 190
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/7/2019 6:33:54 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Feel all right by not knowing who won the game until this morning when I opened this page. It would of sucked to miss that play at the plate to end the game last night.

Beautiful. Wasn't it?

It was!!

This belongs in the Twins thread, but I can't resist replying. I personally prefer the umpire showing as close to zero emotion or excitement on any play as possible. When he shows emotion or excitement to me it is showing favoritism. Just make the call and let the fans and players show excitement.

Just make the same animated call for each team. Simple as that. Adds to the drama of the moment. It is after all a really important part of the play.

The call, safe or out, is an important part of the play. Was that play not dramatic? If it's a run of the mill play ie easy ground out to short, obviously a simple out signal is called for. On close plays in big moments (dramatic plays) the ump should be emphatic. Not meh.

We disagree. I think it is always best if the umpire is meh.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 191
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/7/2019 7:44:26 PM  1 votes
jbusse

ATL will never get over the 28-3 choke with the current head coach. It's turned Falcon fans into soccer fans, if you can imagine. Vikes should win decisively tomorrow.
Post #: 192
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/7/2019 8:09:19 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

I'm just spitballing here, they weren't under contract?

Brown voluntarily signed the contract with the Raiders. I believe he received a million dollars as a signing bonus. I hope that he gives that money back to the Raiders.

Do we have the numbers for his new contract with the Patriots? It would be hard to believe he was offered the same money. Wait. I thought I saw that it was only a one year contract.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

Post #: 193
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/7/2019 8:11:06 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Antonio Brown and the Patriots reached agreement on a 1-year deal worth up $15 million that includes a $9 million signing bonus, per source.

(Adam Schefter on Twitter)

Post #: 194
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/7/2019 8:17:35 PM   
Bruce Johnson

This article is like a statement on why our team is a team of the "good guys". (as opposed to the New England Patriots who for me are the team I love to hate- and one more reason is what happened today)

https://www.skornorth.com/vikings-2/2019/09/countdown-to-week-1-why-the-vikings-stars-all-stayed/

Post #: 195
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/7/2019 8:30:21 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Jimmy Butler’s staged nonsense at that preseason practice to force his way out of Minnesota feels like child’s play now, doesn’t it?

(Courtney Cronin on Twitter)

Post #: 196
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/7/2019 8:31:16 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

This article is like a statement on why our team is a team of the "good guys". (as opposed to the New England Patriots who for me are the team I love to hate- and one more reason is what happened today)

https://www.skornorth.com/vikings-2/2019/09/countdown-to-week-1-why-the-vikings-stars-all-stayed/

In reading that article I still say the Cousins signing was the outlier and mistake, not just in chemistry but contract structure...

Options be damned... It just didnt fit the rest of what you read on where team was going and what players were buying into... We went all in on the Cousins and DeFilippo moves and it didnt work out as planned....

Maybe this year with Kirk?
Post #: 197
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/7/2019 8:36:18 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

quote:

In reading that article I still say the Cousins signing was the outlier and mistake, not just in chemistry but contract structure...

Options be damned... It just didnt fit the rest of what you read on where team was going and what players were buying into... We went all in on the Cousins and DeFilippo moves and it didnt work out as planned....

I believe Cousins also could have signed for more elsewhere. One year later it seems that Cousins contract is not so bad in comparison to others contracts.

Post #: 198
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/7/2019 8:43:21 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

quote:

I believe Cousins also could have signed for more elsewhere. One year later it seems that Cousins contract is not so bad in comparison to others contracts.

What other teams blunder in paying to sign players is not our blueprint.

I was strictly saying that we were following a blueprint to keep top notch talent on a team, what most teams struggle with unless you are the Pats...

The signing of Kirk was a desperation move and for good reason, there were so few options... I get that, but in hind sight at the moment it was not a great move matched with the O coordinator in DeFilippo we had just hired and his schemes and system as well as the offensive nature of our horrid O line last year... Kirk was set up to fail in all... I do hope a season with new directive on O from different visions can make the difference...

I just always hated the structure of the contract and as much as you want to compare what others have paid, NO ONE has stepped up with a fully guaranteed multi year deal like we did...

We got punked to this point... Time for Kirk to show different...

STARTS TOMORROW!

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 9/7/2019 8:56:11 PM >
Post #: 199
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/7/2019 10:53:43 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Beautiful. Wasn't it?

It was!!

We disagree. I think it is always best if the umpire is meh.

Meh.
Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode