Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 8:08:27 AM   
ratoppenheimer

it looks like both of these additions should fit under our existing cap number without any additional action taken....

Field Yates@FieldYates
Contract terms for new Vikings WR Josh Doctson: one-year, $720K. A no-risk move for Minnesota, while Doctson will try to get on track in a new setting.

Ben Goessling@GoesslingStrib
For Vikings punter Britton Colquitt, it's a one-year, $930,000 deal with a veteran minimum salary benefit, which means it only counts for $645,000 against the cap. No guaranteed money in the deal.

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 9/6/2019 10:42:40 AM >

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 151
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 8:25:26 AM   
Todd M

Feels like we were watching the 3rd and 4th place NFCN teams in a yawn fest last night.
Post #: 152
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 9:03:32 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

I’d like to get excited by Trubiskey’s ineptness but we have a way of making bad QBs look good - sometimes. Also, that was a clutch pass at the end of the game that should have been a completion at the goaline (it bounced off the arm of Packers defender who wasnt looking).

The packers are lucky more than good.

That Bears defense is in your face wicked though.

Our coaching has a habit of not applying pressure to QBs they deem as not very good. It's as if they think 'well he's not very good so let's just play zone. No need to blitz'. I say PUT PRESSURE on rookie and below-average QBs. Win the game BEFORE the last two minutes in the fourth quarter.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 153
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 10:38:30 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Feel all right by not knowing who won the game until this morning when I opened this page. It would of sucked to miss that play at the plate to end the game last night.

Beautiful. Wasn't it?

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 154
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 10:41:16 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

Well that was quite the statement put forth by our division rivals in the season opener... YAWN...

The statement was
We're both far worse than the pundits realize. We can't even generate 20 points between us in a game where Aaron Rodgers is playing. We hope everyone realizes now that the pundits are morons.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 155
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 10:46:46 AM   
Bill Jandro

80% of teams will play poor offensively the first couple games into the season.

I heard the bears #1s never even played at all this ps.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 156
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 11:35:36 AM   
Pager

Plus tons of holding calls. Hopefully like roughing the passer, they moderate as the season goes on. OR we will see a lot of 1st and 40 like we did last night.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 157
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 12:16:45 PM   
kgdabom

Pete Prisco the CBS pundit that predicted the Packers would win the super bowl this season due to having the best Defense in the NFL has to be in glory right now.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 158
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 12:19:15 PM   
drviking

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nate

It'll be interesting to see the mentality of the offense this year. I'm hoping we can be a little more innovative and less predictable, running more plays per set. Last few years, outside of having bad o-lines, everyone knew what play were were running simply by the formation/package we brought it. It was very evident on 3rd and short as most times their defense met the our RB in the backfield . I also hate playing for FGs in the redzone and the typical "HB draw" for 2 yards on second and long.

I'm not holding my breath since we have a ton of TEs which will dictate more max protect and crowded boxes, but here's to hoping we have a better year than last... Skol Vikes! Also, for tonight, NO PACK NO!!!

I wanted the Puke to win as they aren't competition, but I feel the Bears are.

Disagree

In today's NFL I worry more about QB than defense

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 159
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 12:41:36 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

quote:

quote:

It'll be interesting to see the mentality of the offense this year. I'm hoping we can be a little more innovative and less predictable, running more plays per set. Last few years, outside of having bad o-lines, everyone knew what play were were running simply by the formation/package we brought it. It was very evident on 3rd and short as most times their defense met the our RB in the backfield . I also hate playing for FGs in the redzone and the typical "HB draw" for 2 yards on second and long.

I'm not holding my breath since we have a ton of TEs which will dictate more max protect and crowded boxes, but here's to hoping we have a better year than last... Skol Vikes! Also, for tonight, NO PACK NO!!!

Disagree

I worry about neither QB or Defense. I worry about team. The Bears are an easily superior team to the Pukers. They had Rodgers last year, but because their team was not good they finished 6-9-1.
Also make no mistake. Rodgers is not the QB that he used to be.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 160
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 1:00:55 PM   
drviking

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

quote:

quote:

Disagree

I worry about neither QB or Defense. I worry about team. The Bears are an easily superior team to the Pukers. They had Rodgers last year, but because their team was not good they finished 6-9-1.
Also make no mistake. Rodgers is not the QB that he used to be.

Disagree

We will see

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 161
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 1:15:00 PM   
mikegreitzer

Anybody thinks Diggs' hammy is a problem? Those things don't get better playing wide receiver in the NFL.

https://vikings61.com/hamstring-problem-will-affect-vikings-wr-stefon-diggs/
Post #: 162
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 1:27:57 PM   
thebigo

quote:

I’d like to get excited by Trubiskey’s ineptness but we have a way of making bad QBs look good - sometimes. Also, that was a clutch pass at the end of the game that should have been a completion at the goaline (it bounced off the arm of Packers defender who wasnt looking).

Shoulda coulda woulda. The defender was beat, while Trubisky threw the ball to the right guy, he under threw it badly.
Post #: 163
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 2:32:47 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Feels like we were watching the 3rd and 4th place NFCN teams in a yawn fest last night.

Same thought
Ds look stout when playing against crappy offenses.
First couple weeks, defenses are healthy and ready to go.
Once attrition sets in, the Packers D for sure … won't look as good.

(that's what I'm telling myself anyway)
Post #: 164
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 2:51:05 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Shoulda coulda woulda. The defender was beat, while Trubisky threw the ball to the right guy, he under threw it badly.

Ok. Let me rephrase that ... Trubiskey looked bad but he threw one catchable ball at the end of the game that went incomplete - most likely because of a crazy greasy deux ex machina no look arm deflection.
Post #: 165
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 4:28:38 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Feel all right by not knowing who won the game until this morning when I opened this page. It would of sucked to miss that play at the plate to end the game last night.

Beautiful. Wasn't it?

It was!!
Post #: 166
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 4:30:34 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Beautiful. Wasn't it?

It was!!

The ump couldn't have been less excited.
Post #: 167
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 4:54:44 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Beautiful. Wasn't it?

It was!!

This belongs in the Twins thread, but I can't resist replying. I personally prefer the umpire showing as close to zero emotion or excitement on any play as possible. When he shows emotion or excitement to me it is showing favoritism. Just make the call and let the fans and players show excitement.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 168
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 7:18:09 PM   
jbusse

Fun fact: Julio Jones is entering his age 30 season. Randy Moss scored 23 TDs during his age 30 season.
Post #: 169
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 8:10:46 PM   
Bill Jandro

Heading to Canada fishing in the morning. I will miss the the Atl game but will have wifi at the cabin and be able to check the results.

Be back in time to watch us smear the Pukers so all is good.

Peace out brothers.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 170
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 9:03:53 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Heading to Canada fishing in the morning. I will miss the the Atl game but will have wifi at the cabin and be able to check the results.

Be back in time to watch us smear the Pukers so all is good.

Peace out brothers.

Good luck on the trip, Bill. Get some lunkers for us!
Post #: 171
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 11:18:06 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Beautiful. Wasn't it?

It was!!

This belongs in the Twins thread, but I can't resist replying. I personally prefer the umpire showing as close to zero emotion or excitement on any play as possible. When he shows emotion or excitement to me it is showing favoritism. Just make the call and let the fans and players show excitement.

Just make the same animated call for each team. Simple as that. Adds to the drama of the moment. It is after all a really important part of the play.
Post #: 172
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 11:23:49 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Beautiful. Wasn't it?

It was!!

Just make the same animated call for each team. Simple as that. Adds to the drama of the moment. It is after all a really important part of the play.

Drama is an important part of the play?
Post #: 173
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/6/2019 11:52:23 PM   
JT2

Did I stumble upon the "Twins talk for Vikes fans" thread? Wait, we don't have one of those, do we?

< Message edited by JT2 -- 9/7/2019 2:04:40 AM >
Post #: 174
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/7/2019 6:39:57 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Let us be hopeful as we begin the season. There certainly are good reasons.

https://thevikingage.com/2019/09/07/7-reasons-why-minnesota-vikings-beat-falcons/

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode