Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  88 89 [90] 91 92   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2019 6:17:34 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Last night must have been obvious, ESPN did a segment a few hours ago on how the refs helped Green Bay win.

Are you going to post this on every thread?

His way of celebrating a packer so-called win.
Post #: 2226
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2019 7:27:13 PM   
Bruce Johnson

It’s happening: Former Jaguars’ CB Jalen Ramsey is being traded to the LA Rams for two first-round picks in 2020 and 2021, and a fourth-round pick in 2021, source tells ESPN.

(Adam Schefter on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2227
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2019 7:28:58 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

It’s happening: Former Jaguars’ CB Jalen Ramsey is being traded to the LA Rams for two first-round picks in 2020 and 2021, and a fourth-round pick in 2021, source tells ESPN.

Doesn't seem like a smart move by the Rams.
Post #: 2228
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2019 7:36:55 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

For safeties Anthony Harris is ranked #1 and Harrison Smith #9.

I like them both, but I'd take Harry over Anthony any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 2229
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2019 7:40:56 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

Per Paul Allen:

Danielle Hunter, ~3000 snaps for career, only 1 neutral zone infraction, 5 total penalties
Eric Kendricks, >4000 snaps for career, only 4 total penalties

Pretty amazing stats.

Griff can pick those up on a Wednesday...

--twinsfan
Post #: 2230
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2019 7:43:28 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Tashawn Bower was released. I wonder if he will be added to the practice squad.

Here's a video clip with more examples of good blocking. I remember Paul Charchian predicting before the season began that the Vikings might get better as the season progresses as the offensive line has a chance to gel. It seems to me that that is happening.

https://twitter.com/skolszn/status/1184213971508707330?s=20

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2231
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2019 7:45:12 PM   
Bruce Johnson

You will laugh at this tweet.

https://twitter.com/3RonJohnson/status/1184214304318459904?s=20

Post #: 2232
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2019 7:48:11 PM   
Bruce Johnson

More on Bower:

Source said #Vikings DE Tashawn Bower, who tore his Achilles in March, is healthy enough now to practice. So that is why he has been waived now. Players who start the season on the non-football injury list can be activated for practice at the soonest after missing first six weeks

(Chris Tomasson on Twitter)

Post #: 2233
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2019 7:49:12 PM   
Bruce Johnson

This is huge, I believe.

#Bears roster moves:
We have placed DT Akiem Hicks on IR.
We also have signed OL Alex Bars from the practice squad to the active roster and have signed LB Fadol Brown to the practice squad.

(Chicago Bears on Twitter)

Post #: 2234
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2019 8:05:51 PM   
bstinger

quote:

That is an awfully high cost for a CB. If we could get half of that for Rhodes I'd do it now. Is that out of the realm?

--twinsfan
Post #: 2235
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2019 8:09:04 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

That is an awfully high cost for a CB. If we could get half of that for Rhodes I'd do it now. Is that out of the realm?

I'd prefer we wait till Hill gets back but if it's now or nothing I'd do it.
Post #: 2236
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2019 8:23:15 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

For safeties Anthony Harris is ranked #1 and Harrison Smith #9.

I like them both, but I'd take Harry over Anthony any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

So would everyone. Give it more time and Smith will come out on top in the long run. They're not separated by much as it stands now.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 2237
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2019 8:28:15 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

Probably.

Rhodes is 29, owed a ton of money and not having a very good year. I can't see many (any?) teams offering a 1st rounder for him.
Post #: 2238
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2019 8:48:09 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

If I was from another team I wouldn't part with more than a seventh rounder for Rhodes. He looks like he is mortal out there and maybe he is done.

Post #: 2239
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2019 8:50:18 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

If I was from another team I wouldn't part with more than a seventh rounder for Rhodes. He looks like he is mortal out there and maybe he is done.

With how expensive he would be its probably smart for any team to just avoid him all together.
Post #: 2240
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2019 9:00:21 PM   
Dana Turner

quote:

quote:

quote:

Probably.

Rhodes is 29, owed a ton of money and not having a very good year. I can't see many (any?) teams offering a 1st rounder for him.

I'm pretty sure that Rhodes is a restructure candidate next season. If he does, fine, if he doesn't, well, they play we have been getting from him over the past couple of years is just average CB type play, we can get that from someone we are paying much less money to. I believe Zimmer said it best when he said that Rhodes is being payed elite money, he should be able to play as an elite player. He's not terrible, just not elite, hasn't been for a couple of years now. If his body won't let him be that guy again, so be it.
Post #: 2241
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2019 9:14:36 PM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

quote:

I would think a team like the Eagles would give at least a 3rd right now (and honestly - if you felt good about Hughes/Mac's health and Hill coming back - I might consider the trade).

Seriously they are playing James Craig. Our 8th best corner.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 2242
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2019 11:22:19 PM   
Dana Turner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

quote:

quote:

I would think a team like the Eagles would give at least a 3rd right now (and honestly - if you felt good about Hughes/Mac's health and Hill coming back - I might consider the trade).

Seriously they are playing James Craig. Our 8th best corner.

I'd do that trade. I like Rhodes, but we can get that level of play from Hughes and Hill will add depth in a couple of weeks, sure, I'd take something for him now and select a young corner in the first three rounds to groom. Got to get some money for a group of guys we need to sign next year.

I hope next year we can find a solid replacement for Linval Joseph, perhaps in the first round if a guy falls. Rudy is playing his last year unless he takes a big drop in pay. Reiff is playing his last year without a huge pay cut. Getting something for Rhodes would be excellent right now. We will need to trim some cap space for a few guys that need signing!

Oh, lets beat those damn Lions!!!
Post #: 2243
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2019 11:54:19 PM   
marty

I don't like playing a team that was just badly hosed by the officials.

I think Lions COULD give up if the Vikes start out fast, but the Vikes don't usually start out fast on the road. The Vikes need the crowd, Zimmer doesn't usually have his team fired up to play well in the 1st half of a road game.

If it's a close game, the refs might want to favor the Lions to "even things out" for the Lions getting shafted last week by the refs at Lambau.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2244
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 9:56:11 AM   
bohumm

We can't count on Hill. Continue to support and develop him, sure, but he is more likely to be suspended again than not at this point. He is either an addict or someone who has exhibited horrendous judgement and/or a total lack of capacity to manage his drug use. Any personnel strategy that counts on his presence on the roster is folly.
Post #: 2245
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 10:18:43 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dana Turner

quote:

quote:

quote:

Probably.

I'm pretty sure that Rhodes is a restructure candidate next season. If he does, fine, if he doesn't, well, they play we have been getting from him over the past couple of years is just average CB type play, we can get that from someone we are paying much less money to. I believe Zimmer said it best when he said that Rhodes is being payed elite money, he should be able to play as an elite player. He's not terrible, just not elite, hasn't been for a couple of years now. If his body won't let him be that guy again, so be it.

Rhodes will only have $4.8 million in dead cap space if cut or restructured next year which makes you 100% correct. Heck, that's less than Rudolph's $5.8 million. With a $12.9 million cap hit with only $4.8 million in dead cap I think it's extremely likely that Rhodes is cut, traded, or restructured prior to the start of the 2020 season.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 2246
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 10:22:19 AM   
David F.

Linval Joseph's contract in 2020 is even more manageable than Rhodes'. $13.3 million cap hit with only $2.4 million in dead cap space.

Post #: 2247
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 1:30:58 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Tom Pelissero@TomPelissero
Goodell confirms 17-game regular season is a part of CBA talks. Says they’d still start the week after Labor Day, but play longer into February.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 2248
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 1:32:13 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Tom Pelissero@TomPelissero
Goodell confirms 17-game regular season is a part of CBA talks. Says they’d still start the week after Labor Day, but play longer into February.

Stupid! 16 games is just fine.
Post #: 2249
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 1:47:55 PM   
ambear

Possibly more regular season games, however, each player can only play in 16 in one season. Make it possible to put practice squad players on active roster for one game before returning to PS directly.
Post #: 2250
Page:   <<   < prev  88 89 [90] 91 92   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  88 89 [90] 91 92   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode