Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  89 90 [91] 92 93   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 2:29:54 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Tom Pelissero@TomPelissero
Goodell confirms 17-game regular season is a part of CBA talks. Says they’d still start the week after Labor Day, but play longer into February.

there is some dumbass shit right there.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 2251
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 2:56:16 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Why don't they just play two less exhibition games, add one regular season game and add one more bye week? Wait. That would mean less money for the owners, but with the extra bye week the league could expand to Europe. (Two teams more) They could play many of the Thursday night games in Europe with two teams traveling to Europe together and playing each European based team on the road plus each other (neutral field) before getting a bye week and returning to the States. (Three week tour.) Four additional European cities could have one game each season that way as the neutral sight. The European teams could play their neutral field games in the States at cities that are lobbying to get a franchise and want to show they can be attractive. That's only two games per year, but let's say one game in San Antonio and one in Louisville to start out.

The regular season would begin two weeks earlier that way, but the training camp would begin at the same time as usual and so would the post season.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2252
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 3:04:34 PM   
ratoppenheimer

danielle hunter....

Vikings PR@VikingsPR
Since the start of the 2018 season, @DHunt94_TX has recorded 103 total tackles and 20.5 sacks.

In that same span, 85 other NFL players have recorded at least 100 total tackles.

None have more than 8.5 sacks.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 2253
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 3:30:44 PM   
Bruce Johnson

#Vikings Riley Reiff(ankle) and Ben Gedeon(concussion) not practicing today. (per Krammer)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2254
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 3:38:32 PM   
Bruce Johnson

In the year 2015 the Minnesota Vikings came away with this #NFLDraft haul...

1st - Trae Waynes
2nd - Eric Kendricks
3rd - Danielle Hunter
5th- Stefon Diggs
UDFA - Anthony Harris
UDFA - Justin Coleman

Rick Spielman is from the future.

(Luke Inman on Twitter)

Post #: 2255
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 3:40:35 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Another example of how the Packers benefited from bad officiating:

https://twitter.com/3RonJohnson/status/1184499140467838976?s=20

Post #: 2256
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 3:42:09 PM   
Bruce Johnson

The Vikings are the only team in the NFL to play all 6 games without a single lead change. Whichever team scores first, keeps the lead and wins the game.

Sort of goes against Zims philosophy of deferring when winning the coin toss. We deferred in Green Bay and Chicago...and lost

(Kevin McMahon on Twitter)

Post #: 2257
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 3:49:41 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Another example of how the Packers benefited from bad officiating:

https://twitter.com/3RonJohnson/status/1184499140467838976?s=20

I think the Packers realized their problem there and called timeout before the ball was snapped. In that case they would not be penalized.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 2258
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 3:54:30 PM   
marty

But if before the timeout is called, the offense is set, center has a hand the ball, isn't it a penalty ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2259
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 5:12:43 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

For safeties Anthony Harris is ranked #1 and Harrison Smith #9.

I like them both, but I'd take Harry over Anthony any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

So would everyone. Give it more time and Smith will come out on top in the long run. They're not separated by much as it stands now.

Give it more time and Smith will be on the downhill slide with Harris in his prime.
Post #: 2260
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 5:16:50 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Why don't they just play two less exhibition games, add one regular season game and add one more bye week? Wait. That would mean less money for the owners, but with the extra bye week the league could expand to Europe. (Two teams more) They could play many of the Thursday night games in Europe with two teams traveling to Europe together and playing each European based team on the road plus each other (neutral field) before getting a bye week and returning to the States. (Three week tour.) Four additional European cities could have one game each season that way as the neutral sight. The European teams could play their neutral field games in the States at cities that are lobbying to get a franchise and want to show they can be attractive. That's only two games per year, but let's say one game in San Antonio and one in Louisville to start out.

The regular season would begin two weeks earlier that way, but the training camp would begin at the same time as usual and so would the post season.

How about no games in Europe and no Thurs night games.
Post #: 2261
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 5:26:30 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Cap savings, echoing some earlier posts.

- Jettison Rhodes if he doesn't bounce back.
- Cut Rudolph, like yesterday.
- Joseph is another one to watch. Downhill slide?
- Reiff, restructure as a minimum unless we make a move for a LT replacement with say a draft trade up.

That's some big $ 'savings' there. Guess it depends on what we want to do with Waynes, Harris, and Mac.

That shift of money requires we go LT, DT in the draft and a lobotomy for Hill.
Post #: 2262
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 5:33:43 PM   
ratoppenheimer

PFF Fantasy Football@PFF_Fantasy
Highest passer rating on 20+ yard throws (min 20) 🔥

Russell Wilson 143.8
Kirk Cousins 137.4
Patrick Mahomes 121.5
Aaron Rodgers 120.8

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 2263
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 7:51:59 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: ambear

Possibly more regular season games, however, each player can only play in 16 in one season. Make it possible to put practice squad players on active roster for one game before returning to PS directly.

So teams will be forced to sit 1-2 starters/game
Post #: 2264
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 8:00:14 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Possibly more regular season games, however, each player can only play in 16 in one season. Make it possible to put practice squad players on active roster for one game before returning to PS directly.

So you only have all the starters about 6 games? Unless you play Miami.

When your QB gets nuked because the left tackle isn’t playing that will go over like a fart in church.
Post #: 2265
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 9:10:34 PM   
hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

That would be incredibly stupid. Having to replace injured starters can be bad enough, but,
having to replace starters each game on purpose and deciding which starters to replace
against which teams would drive most coaches insane.
Post #: 2266
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 9:24:03 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I recorded the Packers Lions game and tuned into the ending. There was one blatant interference call that wasn't made that would have enabled the Lions to keep the ball deep in Packer territory. The league has to be embarrassed. The announcers were not letting it go.

Post #: 2267
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 9:40:49 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

I recorded the Packers Lions game and tuned into the ending. There was one blatant interference call that wasn't made that would have enabled the Lions to keep the ball deep in Packer territory. The league has to be embarrassed. The announcers were not letting it go.

Nor should they have! Whether you think its intentional or bias is irrelevant! It was utterly ridiculous and there should be accountability.
Post #: 2268
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 10:18:35 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

How about no games in Europe and no Thurs night games.

Yes
Post #: 2269
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 10:57:47 PM   
JT2

Implicit bias. Fans. We see what we want to see.

I can't remember the last time a Viking fan in here said, "we got all the calls. The league and officials cheated in our favor".

No, we are the only team the League and officials hate.

SMF put it well on the hows and why it happens, but that's sports. Learn it, play it.

I used to play basketball. The very first timeout of every game I played in consisted of nothing other than coach telling us about how the game was being officiated, and how to use that to our advantage.

Sell the foul/penalty. Harden does it. Hell, NFL punters do it. Stop complaining, or just get better at it.

Players talk about bad officiating. Sometimes coaches talk about it too. Ever wonder why the owners never complain?

The (NFL) owners choose to pay Goodell 30+ million dollars per year to enhance their bottom line. They are not concerned about some trivial officiating mishaps. If they were, they would be lobbying for full-time officials, and a system where they would be held accountable for egregious mistakes. I think they really like it as it is.

Next time you see a bad call, a no call, or no goal line camera, take that up with your owner.

< Message edited by JT2 -- 10/16/2019 10:59:32 PM >
Post #: 2270
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 11:06:46 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Interesting stats for Hunter and Griffen.

https://twitter.com/vikingsfans16/status/1184640701579124736?s=09

Post #: 2271
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2019 11:23:16 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

I can't remember the last time a Viking fan in here said, "we got all the calls. The league and officials cheated in our favor".

SMF put it well on the hows and why it happens, but that's sports. Learn it, play it.

I used to play basketball. The very first timeout of every game I played in consisted of nothing other than coach telling us about how the game was being officiated, and how to use that to our advantage.

Sell the foul/penalty. Harden does it. Hell, NFL punters do it. Stop complaining, or just get better at it.

Players talk about bad officiating. Sometimes coaches talk about it too. Ever wonder why the owners never complain?

The (NFL) owners choose to pay Goodell 30+ million dollars per year to enhance their bottom line. They are not concerned about some trivial officiating mishaps. If they were, they would be lobbying for full-time officials, and a system where they would be held accountable for egregious mistakes. I think they really like it as it is.

Next time you see a bad call, a no call, or no goal line camera, take that up with your owner.

I've posted in the game day thread and sent texts in plenty of games saying the Vikes are getting 'lameblow style' officiating.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 2272
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 1:04:58 AM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

I've posted in the game day thread and sent texts in plenty of games saying the Vikes are getting 'lameblow style' officiating.

Will vouch for this.
Post #: 2273
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 8:26:23 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

How could anyone think that we were not the beneficiaries of the PI calls and non calls in the Philly game?

But, I just want a higher up official to take about 15-20 minutes of a pre game and show us what is offensive holding and what isn't. You also need someone on the show counterpointing it with a collage of uncalled blatant holds. It seems that reputation plays a big role in what is called and what isn't.

Bradberry and Elflein are going to get nailed 1-2 times a game. Probably rightfully so. But to watch Bakhtiari get away with it multiple times in a game is not right.

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 10/17/2019 8:36:27 AM >
Post #: 2274
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 8:32:51 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I don't expect anything to happen, but some of these make sense.

https://thevikingage.com/2019/10/17/5-players-minnesota-vikings-try-trade-deadline/

Post #: 2275
Page:   <<   < prev  89 90 [91] 92 93   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  89 90 [91] 92 93   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode