Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  108 109 [110] 111 112   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/6/2020 12:17:36 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Good news, unless you are Bralon Addison.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2020/8/6/21357368/minnesota-vikings-activate-armon-watts-covid-19-list-waive-bralon-addison

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 8/6/2020 12:45:52 PM >

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2726
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/6/2020 1:02:17 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2020/8/6/21357368/minnesota-vikings-activate-armon-watts-covid-19-list-waive-bralon-addison

Very good news. Watts is a likely starter this season.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2727
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/6/2020 1:03:56 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: unome

quote:

The biggest free agent for the Vikes may be Sharpe, now. If it's not him who would it be? Perhaps someone who is not yet on the team. We'll see, but I'm thinking that Sharpe may be a good contributor. Jefferson is a rookie with no preseason games. Johnson has limitations. Especially early look for Sharpe to be a frequent target for Cousins.

I had the same thought earlier today. I am not a fantasy football person, but he could be a good sneaky valuable player to pick up for fantasy.

I just did pick him up for my fantasy team. I have been agonizing over him or Bisi. 20 team league though. I wouldn't consider either in a 12 team league.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2728
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/6/2020 1:04:38 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

Very good news. Watts is a likely starter this season.

That could be a good thing. He showed some upside last season, and he is a good fit for that position.
Post #: 2729
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/6/2020 1:08:46 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

I believe many of you will find this interesting. Adjustment is made for how the game has changed.

http://www.footballperspective.com/adjusting-passer-rating-for-era-updated-2019-career-ratings/

I like it. Fran 16th, Daunte 38th and Captain Kirk 40th best all time.
Go Vikings

Tommy Kramer 115 and Joe Kapp, Gary Cuozzo and Christian Ponder nowhere to be seen.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 8/6/2020 1:11:45 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2730
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/6/2020 1:11:03 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

quote:

I believe many of you will find this interesting. Adjustment is made for how the game has changed.

http://www.footballperspective.com/adjusting-passer-rating-for-era-updated-2019-career-ratings/

Go Vikings

Where's my guy Ponder? Probably between Fran and Daunte, right?
Post #: 2731
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/6/2020 1:12:42 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

quote:

Go Vikings

I edited my post. Tommy Kramer 115 Ponder was among a group nowhere to be seen.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2732
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/6/2020 1:15:20 PM   
kgdabom

These notes on the bottom of the era adjusted passer rating link.

Kirk Cousins moved from 53rd to 40th on the era-adjusted list. He actually ranks 7th all-time on the career passer rating list.
Russell Wilson moved from 21st to 19th on the era-adjusted list; he ranks 2nd all-time on the actual list.
Drew Brees moved from 17th to 13th on the era-adjusted list; he ranks 3rd all-time on the actual list.

Yet we still have Vikings fans who think Cousins isn't very good.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2733
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/6/2020 3:52:01 PM   
Bruce Johnson

No surprise here:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/raiders-release-p-j-hall-after-last-minute-trade-with-vikings-falls-through-due-to-failed-physical/

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2734
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/6/2020 3:57:07 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Deadline has passed for players to opt out. No more Vikings choosing that other than Pierce.

Post #: 2735
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/6/2020 4:00:07 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Deadline has passed for players to opt out. No more Vikings choosing that other than Pierce.

You beat me to it. I wanted to wait until one hour past.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2736
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/6/2020 4:33:01 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

You beat me to it. I wanted to wait until one hour past.

Not much going on today, but sometimes no news is good news.

Post #: 2737
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/6/2020 4:52:25 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Wait. We have breaking news. Free agent signing. (Quentin Poling- LB)
If he makes the team it will be by virtue of special teams.

https://youtu.be/QCSx5ptEWpY

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 8/6/2020 4:57:26 PM >

Post #: 2738
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/6/2020 6:12:50 PM   
Bruce Johnson

We did better than most other teams with this issue.

Teams with most NFL opt-outs:

8 Patriots

5 Bengals

3 Chiefs, Colts, Cowboys, Giants, Jags, Jets, Lions, Raiders

2 49ers, Bears, Bengals, Bills, Broncos, Dolphins, Panthers, Ravens, Saints, Washington

1 Bucs, Cards, Eagles, Packers, Rams, Seahawks, Texans, Titans, Vikings

(Gil Brandt on Twitter)

Post #: 2739
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/6/2020 6:47:49 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

8 Patriots

5 Bengals

2 49ers, Bears, Bengals, Bills, Broncos, Dolphins, Panthers, Ravens, Saints, Washington

(Gil Brandt on Twitter)

I count 29 teams with one or more opt outs. That leaves 3 teams with zero opt outs. Many of the opt outs were players who were unlikely to even make a team.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2740
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/6/2020 10:41:05 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

8 Patriots

5 Bengals

(Gil Brandt on Twitter)

I count 29 teams with one or more opt outs. That leaves 3 teams with zero opt outs. Many of the opt outs were players who were unlikely to even make a team.

If we pick up Snacks then maybe the impact will be less. Right now it hurts that we lost a starter counted on to improve the defense. I get it.

Post #: 2741
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/7/2020 11:21:38 AM   
Pager

Do we have the cap to sign anyone? We are 12M under the cap for 2020 but 5M over the cap for 2021 (barring any changes to the COVID impact - ie like prorating the loss). Always seems to be a few million that get used up for in-season injury replacements. With that in mind, right now, if we roll over our cap and factoring in draft signings, we would be pretty much at the 2021 cap. As mentioned, teams like the Saints are not going to be able to keep a lot of talented players next year. Cap space will be gold.

That's with Holton Hill (assuming he plays well), Brian ONeil, Harris, and Cook to resign or replace. Knowing our team, re-signing Elf would probably be the top priority.

I should have known better to speculate/believe that Elf and Reiff were anything but the starters. I can only hope that Kubiak was giving coaching lip service at the presser the other day and when Spielman said it will be a true competition, it will be. If Elf or Reiff are truly the better options, so be it. It's curious that Ezra would be trusted to start IOL but not at Tackle, especially considering the talk about Ezra need more strength. Which obviously is even more important against the monster DTs we always face.

I guess we can only watch and wait to see how training camp plays out. I haven't changed my opinion that if one of the youngsters is in the zipcode of the vets its time to make the change. To me: Cap Flexibility & Resigning Oneil/Cook/Harris/Hill (assuming performance) >>>> Elf/Reiff's likely 2019/2020 contribution vs youth.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 2742
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/7/2020 12:01:06 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

8 Patriots

5 Bengals

(Gil Brandt on Twitter)

If we pick up Snacks then maybe the impact will be less. Right now it hurts that we lost a starter counted on to improve the defense. I get it.

I think we were hurt more than the average team despite only one opt out.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2743
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/7/2020 12:59:27 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Ben Goessling@GoesslingStrib
Level 1:
Andre Patterson makes it clear that Danielle Hunter will stay at left end, even with Everson Griffen gone. "He got to 50 sacks faster than anybody in NFL history. Why would you move someone who does something great?" he said with a laugh.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 2744
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/7/2020 1:08:12 PM   
quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

quote:

Go Vikings

I edited my post. Tommy Kramer 115 Ponder was among a group nowhere to be seen.

Been saying it for years.

Frankie Albert gets disrespected every year by the HOF voters....
  Post #: 2745
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/7/2020 1:11:52 PM   
I’d like to go out and add Snacks, but has he really been that good, or just in spots against us.

I seem to recall us doing pretty well against the Lions for the most part.

Perhaps he clogged the middle against our less then stellar OLine the last few years.

If financially it hampers our ability to possibly bring back Everson Griffen then I’d pass on snacks, and lose some weight.
  Post #: 2746
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/7/2020 1:13:23 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Level 1:
Andre Patterson makes it clear that Danielle Hunter will stay at left end, even with Everson Griffen gone. "He got to 50 sacks faster than anybody in NFL history. Why would you move someone who does something great?" he said with a laugh.

Can't argue with his logic.
Post #: 2747
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/7/2020 1:18:40 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

I’d like to go out and add Snacks, but has he really been that good, or just in spots against us.

I seem to recall us doing pretty well against the Lions for the most part.

Perhaps he clogged the middle against our less then stellar OLine the last few years.

If financially it hampers our ability to possibly bring back Everson Griffen then I’d pass on snacks, and lose some weight.

Apparently he was pretty good before getting to Detroit - and then even better his first half year there.

But he was not good last year.

https://zonecoverage.com/2020/minnesota-vikings-news/why-the-minnesota-vikings-should-be-starving-to-add-damon-snacks-harrison/
Post #: 2748
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/7/2020 1:34:19 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Level 1:

Can't argue with his logic.

I think a person could still argue it. 50 from the left might have been 60 from the right. He might have gotten 40 from the nose tackle and then people would say don't move him from the nose tackle to left end. Meh. Either way I guess I don't really care.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 2749
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/7/2020 2:39:52 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Chris Tomasson@christomasson

Kirk Cousins is in line to become the first #Vikings quarterback to start three straight season openers since Daunte Culpepper started six straight from 2000-05.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 2750
Page:   <<   < prev  108 109 [110] 111 112   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  108 109 [110] 111 112   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode