Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  106 107 [108] 109 110   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/3/2020 6:16:10 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Minnesota Vikings@Vikings

LB Anthony Barr and DE Ifeadi Odenigbo have been activated from Reserve/COVID-19.

WR Quartney Davis has passed his physical and has been removed from Active/Non-Football Injury.

LB Ben Gedeon has been placed on Active/PUP.

WR Davion Davis and CB Kemon Hall have been waived.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 2676
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/3/2020 6:43:20 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Winters will not be a Viking.

Buffalo Bills are signing former Jets’ G Brian Winters, per source.

(Adam Schefter on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2677
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/3/2020 7:02:58 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Minnesota Vikings@Vikings

LB Anthony Barr and DE Ifeadi Odenigbo have been activated from Reserve/COVID-19.

WR Quartney Davis has passed his physical and has been removed from Active/Non-Football Injury.

LB Ben Gedeon has been placed on Active/PUP.

WR Davion Davis and CB Kemon Hall have been waived.

Excellent news. Go Vikings! Skol!

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2678
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/3/2020 7:05:36 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Winters will not be a Viking.

Buffalo Bills are signing former Jets’ G Brian Winters, per source.

(Adam Schefter on Twitter)

I have no problem with us not signing a jets cast off.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2679
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/3/2020 7:22:58 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

We have trade per Adam Shefter.

Vikings are trading a conditional 7th-round pick to the Raiders for DT PJ Hall; Raiders will receive the pick if Hall is on 53-man roster for 6 games, per source.

I'm scanning the spider web for more info. Here's the link from Daily Norseman.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2020/8/3/21353048/pj-hall-minnesota-vikings-las-vegas-raiders-trade

He's overweight, but that may be less of an issue at nose tackle. Anyway, potential with low risk.

Where did you read that?
Post #: 2680
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/3/2020 7:37:05 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Vikings are trading a conditional 7th-round pick to the Raiders for DT PJ Hall; Raiders will receive the pick if Hall is on 53-man roster for 6 games, per source.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2020/8/3/21353048/pj-hall-minnesota-vikings-las-vegas-raiders-trade

He's overweight, but that may be less of an issue at nose tackle. Anyway, potential with low risk.

Where did you read that?

“They have to prove they belong in this league. They have to prove they can be frontline guys,” Gruden told the media on Thursday. “P.J. Hall, [Maurice] Hurst, [Arden] Key, those are three guys that we used high draft picks on. Arden has to stay healthy, P.J. Hall, I’m anxious to see where his weight is, he came in overweight last year and at that position that can’t happen."

https://heavy.com/sports/las-vegas-raiders/2020/07/jon-gruden-pj-hall/
Post #: 2681
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/3/2020 9:07:35 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Where did you read that?

“They have to prove they belong in this league. They have to prove they can be frontline guys,” Gruden told the media on Thursday. “P.J. Hall, [Maurice] Hurst, [Arden] Key, those are three guys that we used high draft picks on. Arden has to stay healthy, P.J. Hall, I’m anxious to see where his weight is, he came in overweight last year and at that position that can’t happen."

I believe it was Ben Leiber who said Mike Zimmer’s defense only really works with a fatty/ run stuffer up the middle.

Pierce is a big blow to that theory.

They’re trying to find someone who can replace a more in his prime Linval Joseph on the fly..

Boy I don’t know, gotta find someone..I thought under tackle was gonna be tough to fill...
  Post #: 2682
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/3/2020 11:17:12 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Where did you read that?

So he reported overweight last year.
Post #: 2683
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/3/2020 11:33:39 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Where did you read that?

And if he showed up in shape this year, he’d likely still be a Raider.

If you read the story at the link, you’ll see they had concerns leading up to the draft the year before as well.
Post #: 2684
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/3/2020 11:56:31 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Where did you read that?

And if he showed up in shape this year, he’d likely still be a Raider.

If you read the story at the link, you’ll see they had concerns leading up to the draft the year before as well.

yeah it was very implied that he showed up very out of shape. We want weight in our Nose Tackle, but not if it's just fat. Phat Pat was actually nimble.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2685
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/4/2020 12:15:41 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I'm really curious as to whether or not the Vikings seem him as a 3T or a nose. Tested a little heavier than Vikings traditionally employ at 3T but I always thought of him as more of a penetrator/pass-rusher than run-stuffer. Combine weight closer to Jaleel Johnson/Armon Watts

(Arif on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2686
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/4/2020 4:16:01 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Where did you read that?

I am reading that Hall was called out last year for being overweight. I'm not finding anything specific about this year. A Twitter friend told me this for why the Raiders gave up on him:

apparently he takes plays off or doesnt work hard in camp. but that was from what i read from raider fans so who knows if its true.

(Rent Free on Twitter)

Post #: 2687
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/4/2020 5:46:57 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Daniel House weighs in on the newest Viking.

I was asking myself the same question a bit ago. This will be interesting.

He falls right in-between the 3T and nose profile. Coming out of college, it seemed like he had a little versatility, but probably fit best in the one-gap spectrum. #Vikings

Post #: 2688
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/4/2020 5:48:25 AM   
Bruce Johnson

This is from Nick Olson

Think this is less about replacing Michael Pierce and more about giving Andre Patterson another high-upside guy to coach up for the 3-tech spot.

Lined up mostly as a 3-technique for the Raiders, and 3T would make more sense given his struggles to maintain weight.

Post #: 2689
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/4/2020 6:52:57 AM   
ratoppenheimer

this is going to save us $2m more than we thought for pierce...looks like we kick the whole contract down one year - all cap ramifications....

okay, let's go sign a guard....

Tom Pelissero@TomPelissero

NFL teams are about to gain tens of millions of dollars in cap space.

The management council informed clubs that signing bonus proration -- not just unearned salary and bonuses -- will be removed from the 2020 cap immediately upon notification a player is opting out, per sources.

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 8/4/2020 7:01:13 AM >

Post #: 2690
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/4/2020 6:57:30 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

This is from Nick Olson

Think this is less about replacing Michael Pierce and more about giving Andre Patterson another high-upside guy to coach up for the 3-tech spot.

Lined up mostly as a 3-technique for the Raiders, and 3T would make more sense given his struggles to maintain weight.

if we want him, hall is ours for the next two years at about $1m/yr....

Post #: 2691
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/4/2020 7:11:52 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yep. Literally nothing to lose. We only give up the 7th round pick if he impresses enough for us to keep him. He's not a Pierce replacement IMO. I still want us to get one. Come on Snacks.

7th rd Rick disagrees...

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2692
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/4/2020 7:47:54 AM   
Bruce Johnson

There's a stat comparison here between Hall and Stephen. Looks like an upgrade to me.

https://zonecoverage.com/2020/minnesota-vikings-news/who-is-p-j-hall-and-how-can-he-help-the-minnesota-vikings/

Post #: 2693
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/4/2020 9:22:23 AM   
ratoppenheimer

Tom Pelissero@TomPelissero

Level 1:
Several roster changes we’ve discussed are now official for 2020:

- 16-man practice squad (up to 6 with no limit on accrued seasons)

- Protect up to 4 P-squad members each Tuesday

- Starting 4 p.m. ET Sept. 6, unlimited players can return from injured reserve, after 3 weeks

Post #: 2694
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/4/2020 3:16:04 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yep. Literally nothing to lose. We only give up the 7th round pick if he impresses enough for us to keep him. He's not a Pierce replacement IMO. I still want us to get one. Come on Snacks.

7th rd Rick disagrees...

Good call. Seventh rounders roughly equate to a left nut on Spielman's trade value chart. Slightly different from Jimmy J's.
Post #: 2695
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/4/2020 3:53:09 PM   
Bruce Johnson

More roster changes. Two of them are big.

DT P.J. Hall failed his physical and reverts to Las Vegas.

S Brian Cole II and WR Justin Jefferson have been activated from Reserve/COVID-19.

DT Armon Watts has been placed on Reserve/COVID-19.

(Minnesota Vikings on Twitter)

https://www.vikings.com/news/justin-jefferson-covid-19-activated-pj-hall-reverts-roster-moves

Two of the players who are rejected or put on reserve are DT's. It's a position of depth, but it sure has been hit. It's like a revolving door.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 8/4/2020 4:05:25 PM >

Post #: 2696
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/4/2020 4:24:42 PM   
Bill Jandro

Spielman wipes the cold sweat off his forehead praising the heavens he retains that valuable 7th rd pick.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2697
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/4/2020 4:25:40 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Spielman wipes the cold sweat off his forehead praising the heavens he retains that valuable 7th rd pick.

Rick probably had his foot on the scale when they were weighing Hall.
Post #: 2698
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/4/2020 4:29:38 PM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

Rick probably had his foot on the scale when they were weighing Hall.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 2699
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/4/2020 5:38:20 PM   
kgdabom

Great News on Jefferson. He ended up missing just about nothing. Bad News on Watts who is a potential starter this year.

About Hall?? Meh.

Now lets sign a true Nose Tackle. Come on Snacks.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2700
Page:   <<   < prev  106 107 [108] 109 110   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  106 107 [108] 109 110   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode