Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  247 248 249 250 [251]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2021 11:59:40 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Usually I look at development of our best players and their ages for next year...

Cook 25
Kendricks 28
Barr 28
Hunter 26
Pierce 28
JJ 21
Thielen 30
Cousins 32
H Smith 31
Gladney 24
Dantzler 22
I Smith 22

I see a ton of talent on this team capable of a run next year. They brought in some cheaper talent at DE, CB and WR for cap saving thru the draft and they received a ton of PT.

You're expecting the corners to improve. That's asking a lot in a Zimmer-coached team.

No doubt there is talent there

But you're also missing 2 defensive linemen that need to be at least average, a couple d-backs that must be better than what they have, a ? at Free Safety, and interior offensive linemen.

IF guys improve. No guarantees.

Far be it from me to defend Zim because I want him gone. BUT, he does have a pretty long time established track record of developing defensive backs, especially corners. I'll give him his due on that one single, solitary point.

Rhodes improved and developed, then dropped off.
Waynes is marginal, ditto Alexander. Of late that's not a stellar track record.

Yeah. 2 first rounders (along with this past draft) and a 2nd and they turn out "good to decent" doesn't really do a lot for that reputation. Zimmers D's seem to be in the top half of the league when they are loaded with pro-bowlers. If not.....
Post #: 6251
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2021 12:06:04 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Usually I look at development of our best players and their ages for next year...

Cook 25
Kendricks 28
Barr 28
Hunter 26
Pierce 28
JJ 21
Thielen 30
Cousins 32
H Smith 31
Gladney 24
Dantzler 22
I Smith 22

I see a ton of talent on this team capable of a run next year. They brought in some cheaper talent at DE, CB and WR for cap saving thru the draft and they received a ton of PT.

You're expecting the corners to improve. That's asking a lot in a Zimmer-coached team.

No doubt there is talent there

But you're also missing 2 defensive linemen that need to be at least average, a couple d-backs that must be better than what they have, a ? at Free Safety, and interior offensive linemen.

IF guys improve. No guarantees.

Far be it from me to defend Zim because I want him gone. BUT, he does have a pretty long time established track record of developing defensive backs, especially corners. I'll give him his due on that one single, solitary point.

Rhodes improved and developed, then dropped off.
Waynes is marginal, ditto Alexander. Of late that's not a stellar track record.

Yeah. 2 first rounders (along with this past draft) and a 2nd and they turn out "good to decent" doesn't really do a lot for that reputation. Zimmers D's seem to be in the top half of the league when they are loaded with pro-bowlers. If not.....

There is a lot more to Zim's DB development history than Rhodes, Alexander and Waynes. He had a great track record with Dallas and the Bengals. With Waynes and Alexander, I would say Zim made chicken salad out of chicken manure. Rhodes wasn't just good at his peak, he was probably top 2 in the NFL. Don't forget Harrison Smith the mix as well.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6252
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2021 12:13:16 PM   
Jeff Jesser

But again. #1 pick. I'd be interested to see what he had (pick wise) in Dallas and Cincy. Are you familiar off the top of your head? If not, I'll do the work. Right now all I'm hearing is "he's good with #1-2 picks".
Post #: 6253
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2021 1:32:06 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I swear people just look at volume stats.

Kirk Cousins is 15th in pass attempts but top 10 in yards and touchdowns.

Justin Jefferson is 15th in targets but still 4th in yards.

(Dominique Clare on Twitter)

Cousins is very good and our fans that think he is the problem rather than the solution are delusional.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6254
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2021 1:41:45 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

The capital of the United States is under siege...

Not that you seem to give a rats ass.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 6255
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2021 2:20:01 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Oh, btw, happy Birthday, Mr. Stoneberg..

What a way to mark your birthday.

Anarchy from the sore losers..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 6256
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2021 10:02:39 AM   
thebigo

I was worried about Michael Pierce eating his way out of the league this season. Looks promising though Michael Pierce
Post #: 6257
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2021 3:11:37 PM   
David Levine

Everson Griffen, who has been re-posting requests on Instagram for him to re-join the Vikings, went to the team’s facility today, per his IG.
Post #: 6258
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2021 3:47:37 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Everson Griffen, who has been re-posting requests on Instagram for him to re-join the Vikings, went to the team’s facility today, per his IG.

At the very least it is very reasonable that he be allowed to compete for a job. I'm not convinced that he will win the job, but the team must have regretted their decision this season with their pathetic pass rush.

On a personal note, I'm anguishing about something. I determined to give up cable tv this year. I already returned the cable box and I decided I wasn't going to connect via streaming services. However, for Christmas my son gave me a compact aerial antenna and installed it to my tv. They don't make them like they used to. It gets about 60 channels, which surprised me. The quality of the picture is not the same. For some channels it's pretty good and others it's significantly inferior. My dilemma is that this is one of my favorite football weekends of the year. Is there not six games of playoff football? I was feeling sad for not being able to watch it. I'm working Saturday morning, but get off around 10:00 AM. So I'm wondering what to do. I feel like a cheater, but honestly I was kind of depressed not watching football. I know that it's what people do, right? (make New Year's resolutions and then break them in a few days) But is this cheating? One of the reasons I gave up cable was to not watch the news programming, which only made me frustrated and angry. Who doesn't watch the news these days and get angry? And sports is the same. I mean, watching sports is not the same without fans in the stands, for one.

I'm rambling. Sorry.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6259
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2021 3:59:45 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

At the very least it is very reasonable that he be allowed to compete for a job. I'm not convinced that he will win the job, but the team must have regretted their decision this season with their pathetic pass rush.

On a personal note, I'm anguishing about something. I determined to give up cable tv this year. I already returned the cable box and I decided I wasn't going to connect via streaming services. However, for Christmas my son gave me a compact aerial antenna and installed it to my tv. They don't make them like they used to. It gets about 60 channels, which surprised me. The quality of the picture is not the same. For some channels it's pretty good and others it's significantly inferior. My dilemma is that this is one of my favorite football weekends of the year. Is there not six games of playoff football? I was feeling sad for not being able to watch it. I'm working Saturday morning, but get off around 10:00 AM. So I'm wondering what to do. I feel like a cheater, but honestly I was kind of depressed not watching football. I know that it's what people do, right? (make New Year's resolutions and then break them in a few days) But is this cheating? One of the reasons I gave up cable was to not watch the news programming, which only made me frustrated and angry. Who doesn't watch the news these days and get angry? And sports is the same. I mean, watching sports is not the same without fans in the stands, for one.

I'm rambling. Sorry.

I have hundreds of channels, I have no problem avoiding the news.

I can usually find something to watch like NFL Network, MLB, Discovery....etc.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 6260
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2021 4:32:26 PM   
David Levine

It’s TV. Watch what makes you happy. Don’t watch what doesn’t.

Setting up some kind of arbitrary rules seems unnecessary.
Post #: 6261
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2021 4:35:58 PM   
TJSweens

With cable you can set up your remote with favorites. Just don't put any news channels on your list.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6262
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2021 5:05:21 PM  2 votes
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

The capital of the United States is under siege...

Not that you seem to give a rats ass.

Move to the Echo Echo thread please. Everyone gives a rats ass but most stay out of the Echo thread.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 6263
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2021 5:11:52 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

I'm rambling. Sorry.

I know you can find games on Reddit but I haven't done it yet this year.....remember Bruce Yahoo sports app carries almost all the NFL games in near HD quality. We watched almost every local game available on FOX, CBS, Etc. in the fish house w/o a subscription.

So my suggestion if you have an semi new android tv you could chromecast the game from the Yahoo APP on your phone.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 1/7/2021 5:15:39 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 6264
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2021 5:41:42 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Thanks guys for the info. I will definitely not give up talk vikes for a year.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6265
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2021 5:55:44 PM   
Bruce Johnson

We have a serious need for a better 3 tech. Opponents were running down our throat almost at will. We were 27th in the league based on rushing defense.

https://www.teamrankings.com/.../opponent-rushing-yards...

I checked at a different website and the Vikings averaged allowing 4.6 yards per attempt.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 1/7/2021 6:04:30 PM >

Post #: 6266
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2021 6:13:01 PM   
Burns

I think the young corners will be fine. Being rookies is one thing, but playing on a team with complete trash on the defensive line is another. If we can get some horses in the trenches that can create some pressure and sacks, it will greatly improve the back end.
Post #: 6267
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2021 6:36:10 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Burns

I think the young corners will be fine. Being rookies is one thing, but playing on a team with complete trash on the defensive line is another. If we can get some horses in the trenches that can create some pressure and sacks, it will greatly improve the back end.

Our Dline was truly trash. Better hope someone is checking in on Pierce. I have a bad feeling he is over 600lbs and they have to remove part of his house to get him out of it.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 6268
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2021 7:02:35 PM   
Burns

I would move forward with the plan that Pierce won’t play next year. If he does great, but under the continued circumstances and uncertainty with the effectiveness of a vaccine to help his medical issues, I would have a plan B.

Warrior Sapper 12B Combat Engineer
Post #: 6269
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2021 7:13:34 PM  1 votes
jbusse

quote:

quote:

I'm rambling. Sorry.

I experienced something similar years ago. I had watched World News Tonight with Peter Jennings almost every day for many years until the spring of 2003. It was the day the statue of Saddam Hussein was toppled in Baghdad. He was an evil dictator, no doubt. But I was certain we started that war under false pretenses. I haven't watched the news since and have little trust in the government or the mainstream media. My daughter was 6 months old at the time. She's 18 now, applying to college.
Post #: 6270
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2021 10:14:28 PM   
kwheats

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

Our Dline was truly trash. Better hope someone is checking in on Pierce. I have a bad feeling he is over 600lbs and they have to remove part of his house to get him out of it.

quote:

https://youtu.be/_4KyP9xJEAQ news on Pierce
Post #: 6271
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2021 10:27:02 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

See my link a few posts up
Post #: 6272
Page:   <<   < prev  247 248 249 250 [251]
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  247 248 249 250 [251]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode