Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  54 55 [56] 57 58   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/1/2020 12:00:52 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

FFS I was not condoning the burning down of the Vikings Stadium... Was strictly noting the volitile nature of the RIOTS hapeneing in that exact area of Minneapolis and the total disregaurd for personal property shown to this point in burning of CITY BLOCKS puts the Bank Stadium at risk...

Sorry I will not praise Kirks shallow canned quote injecting somehow god will help in all this... And at this point this is not a racial issue, the f u c ks causing much of the problems in Minneapolis and St Paul are disinfranchised and bored people of all color...

Noted I will further refrain from anything considered "political" here for future correctness...

Carry on with your lives please...

Now if we could get you to refrain from anything considered "footballical".
Post #: 1376
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/1/2020 12:23:16 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Gzus man. Open up discussion on that after what this thread went through? Late at that.

I call shenanigans cause I think you put thought into that approach.

Of course you might have simply thought it logical.

Was this directed at me or kg’s post?

I was confused also. I think it was directed at me because I'm the logic king, but all I did was reply to a very recent post so I wasn't opening up anything.

Yes it was directed at you, and no you are not the "logic king" (except in your warped mind).

KG would be the king if it wasn't for this guy.
Post #: 1377
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/1/2020 7:48:14 AM   
Ragnarök

The protesting we are seeing in our streets across the country, lines entrenched in a serious game of who can control their ground and advance their agenda. Its a complex and violent chess match pitting sides against one another...

We all cheer for a common team here, in life the choice of who to cheer for is a bit more complex...

Hope ALL of you as my long time cohabitants in this passion find safe and healthy paths moving forward in these troubling changing times!

When one considers the NFL narrative and real or imagined scripts, Minnesota surely will be at top of list for their moment of healing and rising above our troubled days of recent past.

How perfect a moment would that be to see our Beloved Vikings in the world spotlight winning the Super Bowl!
Post #: 1378
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/1/2020 8:01:32 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

If you are worried about where I post about what is going on in the world and speculating on there WILL be football you are not in touch with what is happening in this world at the moment...

If things continue in Minneapolis the US Bank will be destroyed in next night or two...

Seriously, I believe the cop should be fried as much as anybody, but FF sake where are the MODS on here when someone is talking about burning down US Bank on the General Vikes thread?

Yes, Kurt. This is our full time paying job. Lynn, Ian and me don't have careers and lives away from talkvikes. We spend all of our time in here looking for obscure posts that may or may not be appropriate in content or tone. I'm talking 24/7. Don't know how we missed that one.

Seriously, if he had advocated burning down the stadium it would be one thing. That's clearly not what he was doing.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1379
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/1/2020 9:51:05 AM   
Toby Stumbo

2020 has gone bonkers with so much going on and we still have posters whining about non-Vikes posts in here and lack of modding?

Hah, mod yourselves and stay safe.

Get well Bruce!

GO VIKES!
Post #: 1380
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/1/2020 10:34:43 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toby Stumbo

2020 has gone bonkers with so much going on and we still have posters whining about non-Vikes posts in here and lack of modding?

Get well Bruce!

You can dock my pay for missing that one if you want.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1381
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/1/2020 10:50:21 AM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

If you are worried about where I post about what is going on in the world and speculating on there WILL be football you are not in touch with what is happening in this world at the moment...

If things continue in Minneapolis the US Bank will be destroyed in next night or two...

Seriously, I believe the cop should be fried as much as anybody, but FF sake where are the MODS on here when someone is talking about burning down US Bank on the General Vikes thread?

Yes, Kurt. This is our full time paying job. Lynn, Ian and me don't have careers and lives away from talkvikes. We spend all of our time in here looking for obscure posts that may or may not be appropriate in content or tone. I'm talking 24/7. Don't know how we missed that one.

Seriously, if he had advocated burning down the stadium it would be one thing. That's clearly not what he was doing.

Perhaps a bit facetious TJ, I absolutely know you don’t scour this site 24/7, and have in the past had ZERO problems with the MODS (And I don’t have problems now)

I just felt calling out people for taking political leanings (Or other sensitive subjects) to the political thread was in Vogue the past few weeks or so.

BTW if you were making the righteous bucks as a MOD I was going to scrape my resume together.

Waiting for Adam Thielen to finally come and take my Sunglass sales job has become just too stressful.
  Post #: 1382
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/1/2020 10:56:54 AM   
TJSweens

Post #: 1383
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/1/2020 11:48:24 AM   
Toby Stumbo

quote:

quote:

Get well Bruce!

Your pay is here now suspended indefinitely. I suggest you file for unemployment to take advantage of the Federal backing.

GO VIKES!
Post #: 1384
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/1/2020 11:51:22 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

Get well Bruce!

Your pay is here now suspended indefinitely. I suggest you file for unemployment to take advantage of the Federal backing.

Wow, that's a little harsh. I'll have to consult my union rep.

Post #: 1385
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/1/2020 1:28:49 PM   
kgdabom

Good banter. Brightened my day a bit.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1386
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/1/2020 6:38:52 PM   
kgdabom

It is my opinion that far too many Vikings fans don't appreciate Cousins as much as they should. Others think I appreciate him too much.
A little bit of Cousins stuff for last season. I found this while reading comments on the 2019-20 Vikings highlight video on YouTube.
I haven't confirmed the accuracy, but as of now I'm presuming it's all correct.

Heavy Metal Rules
1 month ago
@B F hi kid guess what
Cousins has been the best deep ball thrower the past FOUR YEARS and I can prove it.

Completions of 30 or more yards the past four years:
1: Kirk Cousins: 95
2: Russell Wilson: 91
3: Matt Ryan: 89
4: Philip Rivers: 87
5: Tom Brady: 83

Oh guess what, he won the playoff game against the saints, the NFC's best team.
He made a 20+ point comeback against the Broncos
He won in Primetime Against the cowboys at their stadium.
He had a Passer Rating of 107.4
Completion percentage of 69.1
Guess who didn't have either of those ratings or percentage. Yep. Rodgers didn't. If Cousins isn't our future QB, I don't know who is

Regarding best deep ball thrower I would like to know how many Mahomes had over the last two. I'm guessing if you double that he may have more. Regarding the Saints being the NFC's best team there is a metric that has them #1, but most would say the 49ers. I confirmed the 107.4 passer rating and 69.1% completions which were both good for 4th best on the season. Not a perfect stat as Tannehill was #1, but Tannehill did have a great year. Brees was second Jackson was third.
Cousins was 24th in pass attempts, but 8th in TD passes. I love that one. 6th highest % of passes going for TDs.
1.4% of his passes were intercepted. 23 qualifying starting QBs had higher % ints.
7th best YPA in the league. All those numbers are flat out excellent.
Here's a link to the passer rating and all the other stuff I was talking about.
https://www.footballdb.com/stats/stats. ... t=passrate

EDIT: Oops. I just found out the site won't work with Ad Blocker.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 6/1/2020 9:19:44 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1387
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/1/2020 10:40:22 PM   
A very interesting dynamic seems to be taking effect. I believe Cousins is becoming underrated (Slightly)

Sirius XM NFL radio (Bruce Murray’s morning show) rated Cousins 14th overall.

Coming off a pretty good season, with a solid/ clutch performance in New Orleans, You’d figure Cousins would be on the rise?

We’re still paying damn near top dollar, but it has a different feel, perhaps less pressure on Kirk definitely then two years ago.

Who knows, perhaps we’re just enough off the radar to make a serious run that nobody sees coming.
  Post #: 1388
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/1/2020 11:00:50 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

A very interesting dynamic seems to be taking effect. I believe Cousins is becoming underrated (Slightly)

Sirius XM NFL radio (Bruce Murray’s morning show) rated Cousins 14th overall.

Coming off a pretty good season, with a solid/ clutch performance in New Orleans, You’d figure Cousins would be on the rise?

We’re still paying damn near top dollar, but it has a different feel, perhaps less pressure on Kirk definitely then two years ago.

Who knows, perhaps we’re just enough off the radar to make a serious run that nobody sees coming.

Without any question whatsoever he's top 10. It's just a question of how much higher. He was 4th last year statistically and the Vikings finished 5th in the NFL.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1389
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/1/2020 11:28:41 PM   
kgdabom

53 draft picks signed. Not one of them Vikings. Maybe we won't bother until just before training camp assuming there is one.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1390
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/2/2020 8:53:54 AM   
Bill Jandro

My opinion on Cousins hasn't changed much.

He has the tools to be good. Arm strength and accuracy are both above average if not bordering on elite.

I guess the early Chi and GB games last season left an ugly imprint of Cousins in my head. I saw a guy who lacked the desire to fight through when things got tough. Even the best olines yield pressure from time to time so imo Cousins shoulders some of that blame esp being he holds on to the ball way too long in many instances.

The saying from most of the talking heads are that "Cousins needs things to be on schedule for him to be successful". Hate to be the bearer of bad news but the opposing team also know this and their job is to raise havoc in the pocket. The better dlines have had little trouble doing this and come playoff time we're going to meet nothing but good defenses.

Cousins did toughen up somewhat after both theilen and Diggs got in his face after them 2 games and we saw some improvement in Cousins play/toughness. I wonder if Zimmer wasn't in cousins head early with his conservative approach regarding taking care of the ball vs threading the needle to keep drives alive.

We did see Cousins come up big against NO's so maybe he's getting over the hump. I still think Cousins lacks the heart to get it done. Hope he proves me wrong.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1391
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/2/2020 9:02:33 AM   
Ragnarök

The World is about to crack and you guys are still debating the QB that is Kirk Cousins...

Stand for something... Or Die for nothing....
Post #: 1392
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/2/2020 9:45:06 AM   
bohumm

quote:

The World is about to crack and you guys are still debating the QB that is Kirk Cousins...

Coming from the same motherfukker who came in here explicitly to diss Kirk's statement re: The World, just before indicting the Vikings for making no statements. Excuse me if I call bulllshit.

If this is so banal, then why the fukk are you in here right now?
Post #: 1393
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/2/2020 10:02:47 AM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

Coming from the same motherfukker who came in here explicitly to diss Kirk's statement re: The World, just before indicting the Vikings for making no statements. Excuse me if I call bulllshit.

If this is so banal, then why the fukk are you in here right now?

Im glad you approve of my message here, that means a lot to me!

The world needs a lot more from their leaders than rhetoric and false hopes spouted from behind a fake smile while calling on fairy tales and books of fiction which they use to advance their own controted agendas.

Be it the leader of our beloved football team or the leader of our beloved Nation, we need and should demand better.

I remember the late 60s as a youth, I was too young to be part of that movement but I remember the escalation, the images, the fears of a Nation.

I have chose to be heard, be it in groups of peaceful largely white protesters, Maybe I too am just a Wanna Be with the rest but atleast Im off my couch and doing something I believe in.

You do as you believe in... Thats what makes this Nation great!

Thank all of you for being here all these years and using this platform as a vehicle to very passionately advance our views on subjects Vikings related from very differing viewpoints with sometimes much contention. No one has to listen, but our World is at a point that makes chatting about the Vikings team and how bad Kirk (KFC) Cousins sucks sort of petty and out of touch.

I hope you all find a way to take a moment and try and make our world better in the coming days, any way that you desire, so that we may see and ending point to the direction we are headed and then debating the stats of Kirk Cousins and his potential in the 2020 season will be much more logical.

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 6/2/2020 10:12:33 AM >
Post #: 1394
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/2/2020 10:21:18 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

“My heart breaks for our city, but especially for my African American brothers and sisters, who I know feel this on a level I can’t possibly understand,” Cousins said on social media. “Please know I am with you. WE must do better. WE must be better. May God pour out His mercy and grace such that we are better.”

Sorry Kirk, you are far isolated from what your brothers and sisters deal with. The world is changing before our eyes, and reality may soon set in, even a distraction of mega paid men playing a game in a stadium will seem insignificant if we stay on the path we are now on.

As part of your save the world movement, you literally blast into this thread with your crap above dissing Cousins. Glad you found the time!

His words weren't good enough for you... you really are messed up.
Post #: 1395
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/2/2020 10:28:43 AM   
Ragnarök

quote:

quote:

“My heart breaks for our city, but especially for my African American brothers and sisters, who I know feel this on a level I can’t possibly understand,” Cousins said on social media. “Please know I am with you. WE must do better. WE must be better. May God pour out His mercy and grace such that we are better.”

Sorry Kirk, you are far isolated from what your brothers and sisters deal with. The world is changing before our eyes, and reality may soon set in, even a distraction of mega paid men playing a game in a stadium will seem insignificant if we stay on the path we are now on.

As part of your save the world movement, you literally blast into this thread with your crap above dissing Cousins. Glad you found the time!

You know what Bill, at the time I posted that I was still being cynical and advancing my usual Cousins bias crap. Its my theme, and well, Im now a bit ashamed of that initial post after what i just posted above and days of inner searching as well as outer expression.

I appologise to my Talk Vikes posters and Kirk for questioning Kirks delivery of his message. I was wrong, I am sorry. I believe everyone should in this time we are in take a moment out of their life and in some small way advance something, any small token of your love of this country, your love of life and being free, to attempt to make this world a better place.

PS I WILL BE BACK TO TALKING SMACK ABOUT KIRK when appropriate if we have a 2020 season.

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 6/2/2020 10:38:20 AM >
Post #: 1396
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/2/2020 11:04:34 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

You know what Bill, at the time I posted that I was still being cynical and advancing my usual Cousins bias crap. Its my theme, and well, Im now a bit ashamed of that initial post after what i just posted above and days of inner searching as well as outer expression.

I appologise to my Talk Vikes posters and Kirk for questioning Kirks delivery of his message. I was wrong, I am sorry. I believe everyone should in this time we are in take a moment out of their life and in some small way advance something, any small token of your love of this country, your love of life and being free, to attempt to make this world a better place.

PS I WILL BE BACK TO TALKING SMACK ABOUT KIRK when appropriate if we have a 2020 season.

Good post.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 6/2/2020 11:05:55 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1397
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/2/2020 11:37:36 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

On your PS, the IP feature better still be working when the season rolls around.

And your end of the world posts coincided and were about the protests, looting, and riots. Strange how riots in Minnesota will get people shook to the core, but apparently the same people easily weather the riots in Baltimore, Ferguson, and elsewhere.

Same stuff, different location.
Post #: 1398
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/2/2020 11:39:00 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

And now, deep thoughts, from Ragnarok.
Post #: 1399
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/2/2020 1:12:47 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

And now, deep thoughts, from Ragnarok.

I guess "appologise" suggests he's not too up on the word.
Post #: 1400
Page:   <<   < prev  54 55 [56] 57 58   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  54 55 [56] 57 58   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode