Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  53 54 [55] 56 57   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2020 8:25:58 AM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

I found this update via a social media post, dated 4 days ago:

"Bruce is on the ventilator at 50% and he's on the antiviral drug Remdesivir. His temperature fluctuates. They're giving him Tylenol for his fever and I'm sure something else to make him comfortable. Rhoda and family skyped him and he waved! He's been sick for a month now."

Bethesda Hospital.

Good news considering the circumstances.

That's great news! I hope he gets up and around soon.

Very good news!
Bruce, hang in there buddy!
Post #: 1351
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2020 10:33:02 AM   
Ragnarök

“My heart breaks for our city, but especially for my African American brothers and sisters, who I know feel this on a level I can’t possibly understand,” Cousins said on social media. “Please know I am with you. WE must do better. WE must be better. May God pour out His mercy and grace such that we are better.”

Sorry Kirk, you are far isolated from what your brothers and sisters deal with. The world is changing before our eyes, and reality may soon set in, even a distraction of mega paid men playing a game in a stadium will seem insignificant if we stay on the path we are now on.
Post #: 1352
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2020 11:01:49 AM   
Ragnarök

Post #: 1353
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2020 11:12:45 AM   
Ragnarök

Post #: 1354
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2020 11:21:07 AM   
Ragnarök

Post #: 1355
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2020 11:34:00 AM   
Ragnarök

As Minneapolis and all the area around US Bank stadium burns, looks like a war zone amid protests... YET no statements on official Vikings website? NOTHING?

Where are your heros when you need them? How many will renew the taking of a knee IF the NFL season even comes to fruition this Fall?

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 5/30/2020 11:45:15 AM >
Post #: 1356
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2020 12:46:21 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

“My heart breaks for our city, but especially for my African American brothers and sisters, who I know feel this on a level I can’t possibly understand,” Cousins said on social media. “Please know I am with you. WE must do better. WE must be better. May God pour out His mercy and grace such that we are better.”

Sorry Kirk, you are far isolated from what your brothers and sisters deal with. The world is changing before our eyes, and reality may soon set in, even a distraction of mega paid men playing a game in a stadium will seem insignificant if we stay on the path we are now on.

Congratulations. Using this crisis situation as an excuse to bad-mouth Cousins and defecate on the Vikings is a new low.

It makes your trolling look even more non-relevant and pathetic.
Post #: 1357
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2020 12:48:38 PM   
Tom Sykes

sd

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 5/30/2020 12:55:28 PM >
Post #: 1358
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2020 12:54:42 PM   
Tom Sykes

If you had just posted the photos and let them speak for themselves you would have contributed something worthwhile.

Why use them as a backdrop for your own personal bias?
Post #: 1359
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2020 1:00:17 PM   
Ragnarök

Yes the photos do speak for themselves...

I am me, well my voice may be taken with a grain of salt or offend some here, I do not condone or even find any common ground with what has eminated from Minneapolis and spreading across the Nation.

Our Nations youth, our children and grandchildren are making themselves heard. They do have some very valid points and though myself, disagree with their way of delivering this message, Its tough not to notice this generation and remember the original cries of my generation so long ago.

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 5/30/2020 1:10:41 PM >
Post #: 1360
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2020 1:35:46 PM   
Ragnarök

You say you want a revolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world

But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know that you can count me out
Don't you know it's gonna be
All right, all right, all right

You say you got a real solution
Well, you know
We'd all love to see the plan
You ask me for a contribution
Well, you know
We're doing what we can

But if you want money for people with minds that hate
All I can tell is brother you have to wait

You say you'll change the constitution
Well, you know
We all want to change your head
You tell me it's the institution
Well, you know
You better free you mind instead

But if you go carrying pictures of chairman Mao
You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow
All right, all right
Post #: 1361
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2020 4:55:15 PM   
unome

quote:

As Minneapolis and all the area around US Bank stadium burns, looks like a war zone amid protests... YET no statements on official Vikings website? NOTHING?

Where are your heros when you need them? How many will renew the taking of a knee IF the NFL season even comes to fruition this Fall?

You never seem to struggle to find a new low.

Football players are not heroes, they are just athletes. But you mocked Cousins when he did say something so you cannot talk smack about football players when they do say something and then some how turn around and bash them for not saying something. Well, you can, but you just look like a man grasping at straws. As usual.

There is no IF when it comes to a football season. It will happen for certain and I do not know why you would speculate otherwise.
Post #: 1362
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2020 4:57:22 PM   
unome

quote:

You say you want a revolution

You know we have a Politics section where you can take your revolution and talk about it for days.
Post #: 1363
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2020 5:35:45 PM   
Ragnarök

If you are worried about where I post about what is going on in the world and speculating on there WILL be football you are not in touch with what is happening in this world at the moment...

If things continue in Minneapolis the US Bank will be destroyed in next night or two...
Post #: 1364
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2020 5:50:51 PM   
unome

quote:

If you are worried about where I post about what is going on in the world and speculating on there WILL be football you are not in touch with what is happening in this world at the moment...

If things continue in Minneapolis the US Bank will be destroyed in next night or two...

We have politics threads for a reason. Feel free to insult me there. And the stadium will not be "destroyed". It could be damaged, but destroyed? No.
Post #: 1365
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2020 6:28:30 PM  1 votes
quote:

Seriously, I believe the cop should be fried as much as anybody, but FF sake where are the MODS on here when someone is talking about burning down US Bank on the General Vikes thread?

Using a post about Kirk Cousins showing empathy for the African American community to insert ones political opinion in the General Vikings thread is exactly the reason We have threads like the “Political thread”.
  Post #: 1366
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2020 7:20:46 PM   
Ragnarök

FFS I was not condoning the burning down of the Vikings Stadium... Was strictly noting the volitile nature of the RIOTS hapeneing in that exact area of Minneapolis and the total disregaurd for personal property shown to this point in burning of CITY BLOCKS puts the Bank Stadium at risk...

Sorry I will not praise Kirks shallow canned quote injecting somehow god will help in all this... And at this point this is not a racial issue, the f u c ks causing much of the problems in Minneapolis and St Paul are disinfranchised and bored people of all color...

Noted I will further refrain from anything considered "political" here for future correctness...

Carry on with your lives please...

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 5/30/2020 7:25:43 PM >
Post #: 1367
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/30/2020 7:51:20 PM   
Ragnarök

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/05/30/former-nfl-spokesman-joe-lockhart-vikings-should-sign-colin-kaepernick/

Seriously? Where do NFL people come up with this crap?

Just yesterday Colin made news by offering that his organization would fund help for those conviced for protesting in Minneapolis...

Colin Kaepernick will pay legal fees for Minnesota protesters

The Know Your Rights Campaign announced Friday that former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick helped establish a legal defense initiative for the Minneapolis area protestors seeking justice for George Floyd's death.

The fund has "identified and teamed up with top defense lawyers in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area to provide legal resources for those in need," according to its website. "When there is an injustice within our community, it is our legal right to address it, by any means necessary."

On Friday, protesters marched onto Hennepin Avenue Bridge in Minneapolis. They kneeled down outside of U.S. Bank Stadium and held a moment of silence for Floyd, according to CBS Minnesota. Kaepernick famously made a similar gesture throughout the 2016 NFL season, when he repeatedly knelt during the National Anthem to protest police brutality and racial inequality in the U.S.

No thanks on Kaep and what he brings...
Post #: 1368
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/31/2020 5:51:27 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/05/30/former-nfl-spokesman-joe-lockhart-vikings-should-sign-colin-kaepernick/

Seriously? Where do NFL people come up with this crap?

Just yesterday Colin made news by offering that his organization would fund help for those convicted for protesting in Minneapolis...

Colin Kaepernick will pay legal fees for Minnesota protesters

The Know Your Rights Campaign announced Friday that former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick helped establish a legal defense initiative for the Minneapolis area protestors seeking justice for George Floyd's death.

The fund has "identified and teamed up with top defense lawyers in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area to provide legal resources for those in need," according to its website. "When there is an injustice within our community, it is our legal right to address it, by any means necessary."

On Friday, protesters marched onto Hennepin Avenue Bridge in Minneapolis. They kneeled down outside of U.S. Bank Stadium and held a moment of silence for Floyd, according to CBS Minnesota. Kaepernick famously made a similar gesture throughout the 2016 NFL season, when he repeatedly knelt during the National Anthem to protest police brutality and racial inequality in the U.S.

No thanks on Kaep and what he brings...

yes, but what about the rioters?...nbc sent out a memo that all of their reporters should not use the words 'riot' or 'rioters' - instead only to use the word 'protest' and 'protesters'....

sorry, all...no more politics from me....rat

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 5/31/2020 6:01:56 AM >

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1369
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/31/2020 9:45:07 AM   
I can only hope all of our fellow Talk Vikes posters are ok after the recent developments in the twin cities, and around the country.
  Post #: 1370
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/31/2020 11:15:45 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

I can only hope all of our fellow Talk Vikes posters are ok after the recent developments in the twin cities, and around the country.

I agree Kurt! Please stay safe out there everyone!
Post #: 1371
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/31/2020 2:14:34 PM   
Ragnarök

The Vikings have great men of the past that would be good to hear from in these moments for sure!

Though I remember Carl Eller not having such great rapport with the Minneapolis Police

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2009/01/05/former-viking-carl-eller-sues-minneapolis-police

(AP) - Former Minnesota Vikings great Carl Eller sued the Minneapolis Police Department on Monday, alleging officers violated his civil rights, used excessive force and concealed videotape evidence when they subdued him during an arrest last April.

The lawsuit, filed in federal court in Minneapolis, alleges that officers used excessive force when they struck Eller on the head three times with a large flashlight, used a choke hold on Eller and shocked him multiple times with two Taser stun guns, even after he had lost consciousness.

Alan Page would also be a great man and past Viking to hear from in these troubing times! Unfortunately from what I see online Mr Page has not spoken out since this...

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/01/31/page-take-a-knee/

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 5/31/2020 2:17:40 PM >
Post #: 1372
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/31/2020 3:31:09 PM   
jbusse

quote:

The Vikings have great men of the past that would be good to hear from in these moments for sure!

Though I remember Carl Eller not having such great rapport with the Minneapolis Police

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2009/01/05/former-viking-carl-eller-sues-minneapolis-police

(AP) - Former Minnesota Vikings great Carl Eller sued the Minneapolis Police Department on Monday, alleging officers violated his civil rights, used excessive force and concealed videotape evidence when they subdued him during an arrest last April.

The lawsuit, filed in federal court in Minneapolis, alleges that officers used excessive force when they struck Eller on the head three times with a large flashlight, used a choke hold on Eller and shocked him multiple times with two Taser stun guns, even after he had lost consciousness.

Alan Page would also be a great man and past Viking to hear from in these troubing times! Unfortunately from what I see online Mr Page has not spoken out since this...

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/01/31/page-take-a-knee/

It seems as though whatever position they were to take, it will anger around half the population.
Post #: 1373
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/31/2020 4:58:13 PM   
bohumm

My heart is breaking for my hometown and my country. I join Kurt in hoping all is well with our posters from the Twin Cities and elsewhere.

I'll start a check-in for those who want to let us know they're OK and, if so, one good thing. If you're not OK, let us know if we can help.

My family and I are OK. One good thing: We found a route for our nightly walk that brings us into Angeles National Forest. We live in a funky urban/suburban/rural area, but I've never felt "in the mountains" like I do on this walk.

Who else is OK? Who's not OK?
Post #: 1374
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/31/2020 5:53:10 PM   
unome

It all depends where you live in the TC. Most places are normal, except it is weird that the Targets are closed. Wal-Mart was packed. It was ominous yesterday morning that we could actually smell smoke from the fires when we opened the windows. And there were helicopters flying around early this morning up and down the Interstate area. I think they actually closed part of the Interstate last night after "curfew". Crazy.

I am sure the last few days were way different on Lake Street, the Midway or by Cup Foods, but life is strangely normal in much of the Twin Cities. Lots of people out today as it is a beautiful day. There is never a good time for something like this to happen, but if it had to happen, it would have been much better if it had happened in January. As Minneapolis legend Prince once said about MN: "the cold weather keeps the bad people out".

EDIT: I consider the looters and arsonists bad people, not the protesters.

< Message edited by unome -- 5/31/2020 6:05:45 PM >
Post #: 1375
Page:   <<   < prev  53 54 [55] 56 57   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  53 54 [55] 56 57   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode