Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/2/2020 2:51:26 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

quote:

quote:

“My heart breaks for our city, but especially for my African American brothers and sisters, who I know feel this on a level I can’t possibly understand,” Cousins said on social media. “Please know I am with you. WE must do better. WE must be better. May God pour out His mercy and grace such that we are better.”

Sorry Kirk, you are far isolated from what your brothers and sisters deal with. The world is changing before our eyes, and reality may soon set in, even a distraction of mega paid men playing a game in a stadium will seem insignificant if we stay on the path we are now on.

As part of your save the world movement, you literally blast into this thread with your crap above dissing Cousins. Glad you found the time!

His words weren't good enough for you... you really are messed up.

You know what Bill, at the time I posted that I was still being cynical and advancing my usual Cousins bias crap. Its my theme, and well, Im now a bit ashamed of that initial post after what i just posted above and days of inner searching as well as outer expression.

I appologise to my Talk Vikes posters and Kirk for questioning Kirks delivery of his message. I was wrong, I am sorry. I believe everyone should in this time we are in take a moment out of their life and in some small way advance something, any small token of your love of this country, your love of life and being free, to attempt to make this world a better place.

PS I WILL BE BACK TO TALKING SMACK ABOUT KIRK when appropriate if we have a 2020 season.

And now, deep thoughts, from Ragnarok.

I guess "appologise" suggests he's not too up on the word.

Excuse me, I am old school, I dont use spell or grammar check at all, as well I am human, I make mistakes while typing in haste, occasionally even making egregious errors in spelling and sentence structure.

I APOLOGIZE to the spelling nazis and those who look for any chance to pick apart what I post, Im sure I give you plenty of ammo!

Hands Up, Dont Shoot !

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 6/2/2020 2:53:54 PM >
Post #: 1401
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/2/2020 3:08:21 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

“My heart breaks for our city, but especially for my African American brothers and sisters, who I know feel this on a level I can’t possibly understand,” Cousins said on social media. “Please know I am with you. WE must do better. WE must be better. May God pour out His mercy and grace such that we are better.”

Sorry Kirk, you are far isolated from what your brothers and sisters deal with. The world is changing before our eyes, and reality may soon set in, even a distraction of mega paid men playing a game in a stadium will seem insignificant if we stay on the path we are now on.

As part of your save the world movement, you literally blast into this thread with your crap above dissing Cousins. Glad you found the time!

You know what Bill, at the time I posted that I was still being cynical and advancing my usual Cousins bias crap. Its my theme, and well, Im now a bit ashamed of that initial post after what i just posted above and days of inner searching as well as outer expression.

I appologise to my Talk Vikes posters and Kirk for questioning Kirks delivery of his message. I was wrong, I am sorry. I believe everyone should in this time we are in take a moment out of their life and in some small way advance something, any small token of your love of this country, your love of life and being free, to attempt to make this world a better place.

PS I WILL BE BACK TO TALKING SMACK ABOUT KIRK when appropriate if we have a 2020 season.

Excuse me, I am old school, I dont use spell or grammar check at all, as well I am human, I make mistakes while typing in haste, occasionally even making egregious errors in spelling and sentence structure.

I APOLOGIZE to the spelling nazis and those who look for any chance to pick apart what I post, Im sure I give you plenty of ammo!

Hands Up, Dont Shoot !

**** Off.

That is not even slightly funny.
Post #: 1402
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/2/2020 3:18:40 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hands Up, Dont Shoot !

**** Off.

Sorry I set you off with that, Ive heard that to no end lately in my travels...

Today I realized just what the dinosaur I have become while in a shouting match with several young people I engaged with because they felt I was an out of touch aged white man. I was ready to make a point that my people have suffered long injustice and oppression through history as well.

Instead I just learned that as the dinosaur they see me as they are waiting for me, for all of my generation and my peers to head off to the tar pits so that they can then make this world the better place it needs to be.

Humbled to say the least.

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 6/2/2020 3:39:26 PM >
Post #: 1403
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/2/2020 3:44:35 PM   
Bill Johanesen

It's fascinating how you brought that shit into here so seamlessly.
Post #: 1404
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/2/2020 3:55:08 PM   
David Levine

quote:

I am a little morbidly curious how an old white male's people "have suffered long injustice and oppression through history"....
Post #: 1405
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/2/2020 3:56:25 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hands Up, Dont Shoot !

**** Off.

There's just so much that's wrong with him from the banal to blasphemous. I can't think of a poster who combines his breadth of offensiveness with his infinitesimal contribution.
Post #: 1406
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/2/2020 4:00:47 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

I am a little morbidly curious how an old white male's people "have suffered long injustice and oppression through history"....

I think this is his Vikings fan alter. I remember this kind of thing from "Sybil."
Post #: 1407
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/2/2020 4:01:55 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

He watched Seinfeld's Festivus episode and wanted to seriously air his comically improbable grievances. He is a grievance airing kind of guy. Probably blames Cousins.
Post #: 1408
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/2/2020 4:07:02 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hands Up, Dont Shoot !

**** Off.

There's just so much that's wrong with him from the banal to blasphemous. I can't think of a poster who combines his breadth of offensiveness with his infinitesimal contribution.

He'll be back to appologise.

I love how he then intentionally created bad sentence structure to try to slip his 'golly it's just old me' point in.
Post #: 1409
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/2/2020 4:11:04 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

quote:

No, you are right, Ive put a lot of thought into life today... Im not going to label myself, or even suggest what others have labeled me in past because of my family heritage enables me to understand other cultures.

Ive been some what of a caricature here, and as another posted you most see me as contributing little of value.

Going to take some major time off and reevaluate my ideals. Please mods, delete whatever you like of these past threads, Im done.

Peace out guys...

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 6/2/2020 4:16:10 PM >
Post #: 1410
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/2/2020 4:18:14 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Out of the blue, just got a hankering to watch Gran Torino tonight.
Post #: 1411
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/2/2020 5:35:05 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

No, you are right, Ive put a lot of thought into life today... Im not going to label myself, or even suggest what others have labeled me in past because of my family heritage enables me to understand other cultures.

Ive been some what of a caricature here, and as another posted you most see me as contributing little of value.

Going to take some major time off and reevaluate my ideals. Please mods, delete whatever you like of these past threads, Im done.

Peace out guys...

You made a pretty good apology IMO Ragnarok. You acknowledged being wrong without excuses. Seems like some like holding grudges.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1412
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/2/2020 6:29:34 PM   
unome

quote:

quote:

In his defense, ignoramuses have been oppressed through history.
Post #: 1413
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/2/2020 6:50:18 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

I think this is his Vikings fan alter. I remember this kind of thing from "Sybil."

Sybil's still the champ! I don't know champion of what but that was an all-timer for sure.
Post #: 1414
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/3/2020 7:32:12 AM   
Bill Jandro

Rag you need to air you grievences in the political thread

A football discussion was just breaking out before you hijacked the thread

Some of us want to discuss football to take our minds off all this other jargon

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1415
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/3/2020 7:45:34 AM   
ratoppenheimer

Dan Graziano@DanGrazianoESPN
One thing I learned in reporting this story, with the help of @EpKap, is that NFL owners are already watching their spending. Only two first-round draft picks have signed. By this time last year, 20 had. On average the last five years, the number is 19.4.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1416
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/3/2020 10:59:14 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

One thing I learned in reporting this story, with the help of @EpKap, is that NFL owners are already watching their spending. Only two first-round draft picks have signed. By this time last year, 20 had. On average the last five years, the number is 19.4.

No training camps yet. No reason to get them signed.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1417
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/3/2020 11:42:09 AM   
thebigo

quote:

Weird. Because they are still collecting payments from their season ticket holders.
Post #: 1418
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/3/2020 12:32:13 PM   
jbusse

quote:

quote:

Weird. Because they are still collecting payments from their season ticket holders.

MLB.com auto renewed their TV package subscribers even without games being played. No pandemic pause when it comes to corporate greed.
Post #: 1419
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/3/2020 12:49:01 PM   
Funkytown

quote:

I don't understand the dig at all. Kirk, himself, acknowledged that he knows he doesn't feel this on the level as others. However, that doesn't mean that he can't feel and show empathy.

I don't get it...

Anyway, I think it's rather refreshing to hear guys like Cousins, Thielen, Kendricks, Barr, Zimmer, etc. speak out. I wish we had more Super Bowls to show for it, of course, but I do very much appreciate the culture shift in recent years. That's a big credit to the Wilfs and Zimmer.
Post #: 1420
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/3/2020 3:30:10 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkytown

quote:

I don't understand the dig at all. Kirk, himself, acknowledged that he knows he doesn't feel this on the level as others. However, that doesn't mean that he can't feel and show empathy.

I don't get it...

Anyway, I think it's rather refreshing to hear guys like Cousins, Thielen, Kendricks, Barr, Zimmer, etc. speak out. I wish we had more Super Bowls to show for it, of course, but I do very much appreciate the culture shift in recent years. That's a big credit to the Wilfs and Zimmer.

Welcome to site, please keep posting!

I don't either. Contrast to Drew Brees comments and the spat they created between him and Michael Thomas. Ragnarok is a little polarizing especially on Cousins. Not unlike some of your poster at your site; I'm a often visitor/lurker. Nice job you've done over there. Spence is probably my favorite poster - hahah.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 1421
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/4/2020 9:41:57 AM   
Ragnarök

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CA_A1H2gFUR/?igshid=1slgw0t6gxkjm&fbclid=IwAR0AsBrSnT_83brrAMc6S8Xkm-38vns0ea4rgHgzDATLras4O_5Jy1bn1KQ

brianrobison96
Verified
Speak Up or Sound Off

LETS MAKE OUR WORLD A BETTER PLACE
PLEASE WATCH ALL THE WAY
PLEASE SHARE
We All Matter
#minnesota #usa #love #compassion #respect

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 6/4/2020 9:44:06 AM >
Post #: 1422
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/4/2020 12:20:00 PM   
ratoppenheimer

anthony harris....

Nick Olson@NickOlsonNFL

• #1 graded safety over the last 2 years

• Tied for the most INTs of anyone over the last 2 years

• Only starting safety in the NFL to not give up a single touchdown in coverage over the last 2 years

• Fewest missed tackles of any starting safety over the last 2 years

Post #: 1423
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/4/2020 1:01:34 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

anthony harris....

Nick Olson@NickOlsonNFL

• #1 graded safety over the last 2 years

• Tied for the most INTs of anyone over the last 2 years

• Only starting safety in the NFL to not give up a single touchdown in coverage over the last 2 years

• Fewest missed tackles of any starting safety over the last 2 years

I've always liked him, but I did not know that his numbers were that good! I hope we can afford to sign him to a long term deal.
Post #: 1424
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/4/2020 2:17:34 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Rapoport: NFL Salary Cap could drop by $40 million for the 2021 season...thedailynorseman

Rapoport is reporting that the salary cap for the NFL for the 2021 season could decrease by as much as $40 million per team. In highfalutin financial terms, that’s a hell of a lot. A $40 million per team drop would be a combined loss of $1.28 billion. . .with a “b”. . .across the NFL. That would mean a whole lot of high-priced names would be getting cut loose and there wouldn’t be a whole lot of money for them to sign big deals elsewhere.

Right now, the salary cap stands at $198,200,000 per team. If the cap does drop by $40 million per team, that would put things at $158,200,000. Based on that figure, according to the folks from Over the Cap, there are 21 teams that are already over the 2021 salary cap based on the money they’ve already committed, including every team in the NFC North.

As of now, according to OTC, the Vikings have a cap figure of $182,026,119 for the 2021 season. Obviously there’s money that could probably be moved around and what have you, but the Vikings would have to create about $24 million worth of space just to maintain the status quo. That’s no mean feat, even for a wizard like Rob Brzezinski.

Post #: 1425
Page:   <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode