Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Covid 19 and those infected

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Covid 19 and those infected Page: <<   < prev  47 48 [49] 50 51   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/11/2020 7:04:12 PM   
David F.

We’ve gotten better at treating Covid as the pandemic has progressed. Using deaths per capita is a poor measure of a state’s quality of response to the pandemic. The earlier you were hit the higher percentage of deaths you had. That’s a factor that is out of any state’s control. Taking measures to reduce infection IS within a states control and that’s why I look at cases per capita. I think you know this too but for some reason you’re using the less telling statistic because it helps your argument. This makes this part of the discussion tedious but whatever.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1201
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/11/2020 8:16:05 PM  1 votes
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

We’ve gotten better at treating Covid as the pandemic has progressed. Using deaths per capita is a poor measure of a state’s quality of response to the pandemic. The earlier you were hit the higher percentage of deaths you had. That’s a factor that is out of any state’s control. Taking measures to reduce infection IS within a states control and that’s why I look at cases per capita. I think you know this too but for some reason you’re using the less telling statistic because it helps your argument. This makes this part of the discussion tedious but whatever.

630X worse in terms of death probability for an 85+ year old to catch covid than for a 18-29 year old. Cases per million ignores that. Deaths per million does not. States with a poor deaths per million stat did a poor job of protecting the most vulnerable.
Post #: 1202
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/11/2020 10:51:57 PM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

630X worse in terms of death probability for an 85+ year old to catch covid than for a 18-29 year old. Cases per million ignores that. Deaths per million does not. States with a poor deaths per million stat did a poor job of protecting the most vulnerable.

It's hard to protect the vulnerable when 40% of the country thinks it's okay not to wear a mask.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1203
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/11/2020 10:57:47 PM  2 votes
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

quote:

It's hard to protect the vulnerable when 40% of the country thinks it's okay not to wear a mask.

Cuomo must have thought it wasn't contagious. Too busy soaking up all the future President talk to protect the Nursing Homes.
Post #: 1204
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/12/2020 1:49:51 PM  1 votes
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

Cuomo must have thought it wasn't contagious. Too busy soaking up all the future President talk to protect the Nursing Homes.

Cuomo can go suck a lemon!

Now, let's talk about the ongoing failure of controlling this pandemic. Riddle me this: How have I managed to avoid getting covid while working directly with our covid patients and married to a nurse that works directly with covid patients? I do their laundry, take out their garbage, get them their food, take their vitals and such. I've stayed infection free because I wear my mask, wash my hands, don't touch my face, and overall I respect that there is a pandemic.

The president, on the other hand, does NOT have to come into contact with anyone and most definitely not a covid-positive person. He has the best medical care you can get in the entire world He's been privy to every piece of new information the moment science has become aware of it. And the dipshit contracted it anyway. Why? Because the pandemic is just a nuisance to him and he gives it the bare minimum of attention it deserves. His nonchalance and dishonesty in dealing with this pandemic has been mimicked by those in power at the state level and at the citizen level. Because of this it looks like we won't be getting this pandemic under control until he is no longer in charge.

If I were asked to define Trump's presidency in one word it would be: HOAX.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1205
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/12/2020 2:20:06 PM  1 votes
TJSweens

It's amazing how the response to a 10 month clusterf*ck by the Trump administration is to point out that Cuomo made some mistakes in the early going. Here is the thing, Cuomo at least learned from early mistakes and made major changes.

Trump has spent the entire spring, summer and fall doubling, tripling and quadrupling down on stupid, but hey ... remember back in March when Cuomo made nursing homes accept patients with covid.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1206
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/12/2020 2:24:42 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

You mean states like New York that MANDATED COVID patients be allowed back into the LTC faciilities?
Post #: 1207
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/12/2020 2:31:10 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

You mean states like New York that MANDATED COVID patients be allowed back into the LTC faciilities?

Cuomo is a dumb dumb! Or... was. Early on. And then he learned. Whatever. I'm definitely not voted for him for president next month.

Post #: 1208
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/12/2020 2:43:15 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Pandemic deaths?..

COVID infections?..

Superspreader events?..

But. But ..but in March, Cuomo....

Benghazi!!!!

I don’t call them reptilliantards for nothing..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1209
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/12/2020 2:45:44 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Pandemic deaths?..

COVID infections?..

Superspreader events?..

Benghazi!!!!

Dismantle Obamacare with no viable replacement, and specifically nothing to ensure coverage of people with pre-existing conditions?

But her emails seemed fishy......
Post #: 1210
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/12/2020 3:53:48 PM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

It's amazing how the response to a 10 month clusterf*ck by the Trump administration is to point out that Cuomo made some mistakes in the early going. Here is the thing, Cuomo at least learned from early mistakes and made major changes.

Trump has spent the entire spring, summer and fall doubling, tripling and quadrupling down on stupid, but hey ... remember back in March when Cuomo made nursing homes accept patients with covid.

There are literally thousands of critical Trump posts on talkvikes. No one should be taken aback by a few posts criticizing Cuomo.
Post #: 1211
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/12/2020 4:01:11 PM  1 votes
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

There are literally thousands of critical Trump posts on talkvikes. No one should be taken aback by a few posts criticizing Cuomo.

I'm not taken aback by anyone criticizing Cuomo. He made his share of early mistakes. I'm just amused that the Trump supporters continue to point back to Cuomo's actions in March every time Trump makes yet another screw up in his covid response.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1212
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/12/2020 4:01:40 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

That seems like that is all the Trumpers have to fall back on.

"oh yeah? Well remember when Cuomo ****ed up early on?"

Seriously look at his actions since then. He admits he made mistakes. He corrected them and moved on.

Tim Walz here in MN is very much the same. Made mistakes, corrected and moved on, knowing his actions aren't necessarly popular but are necessary.

Meanwhile Trump keeps doubling down as Sweeney says.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1213
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/12/2020 4:38:23 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

That seems like that is all the Trumpers have to fall back on.

"oh yeah? Well remember when Cuomo ****ed up early on?"

Seriously look at his actions since then. He admits he made mistakes. He corrected them and moved on.

Tim Walz here in MN is very much the same. Made mistakes, corrected and moved on, knowing his actions aren't necessarly popular but are necessary.

Meanwhile Trump keeps doubling down as Sweeney says.

I was just responding to David F. saying the early deaths were out of those states controls. He knowingly put sick people in with the most vulnerable.

But, you guys can spin any way you want.
Post #: 1214
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/12/2020 7:05:21 PM   
David F.

Cuomo is the dumbest dummy that ever lived!!

Now let’s discuss the actual current events and not from March.

TRUTH: we can save a covid patient from death much more successfully today than when the pandemic began.
TRUTH: we progressively got better at it throughout the pandemic
TRUTH: states that voted for trump are largely doing worse at containing the pandemic than Democrat voting states.

Post #: 1215
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/13/2020 7:54:48 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

Top 13 states for virus cases-per-million people:

1. Louisiana
2. Mississippi
3. Florida
4. North Dakota
5. Alabama
6. Georgia
7. Arizona
8. Tennessee
9. Iowa
10. South Carolina
11. South Dakota
12. Arkansas
13. Texas

Idaho is coming on strong and soon will make it the top 14 states in virus cases (per-million). Utah also making a charge.

All voted for Trump in 2016. And people say leadership (or lack thereof) doesn't matter.

Deaths per million:

1. New Jersey, 182 deaths per million, Democratic governor
2. New York, 171, Democratic
3. Massachusetts, 139, Republican
4. Connecticut, 127, Democratic
5. Louisiana, 121, Democratic
6. Rhode Island, 106, Democratic
7. Mississippi, 103, Republican
8. District of Columbia, 90, Democratic mayor
9. Arizona, 79, Republican
10T. Illinois, 72, Democratic
10T. Michigan, 72, Democratic

States that required nursing homes to admit covid patients to their vulnerable populations:

New York, Democratic governor
New Jersey, Democratic governor
Pennsylvania, Democratic governor
Michigan, Democratic governor

On March 25, 2020, New York ordered: “No resident shall be denied re-admission or admission to a nursing home solely based on a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of COVID-19. Nursing homes are prohibited from requiring a hospitalized resident who is determined medically stable to be tested for COVID-19 prior to admission or readmission.”

China had reported in mid-February that covid was especially lethal among the elderly.

Come on, Jbusse.

Everyone knows that these states have high death rates because of the dumb azz GOP states next to them. Billy Bob and Cletus going into the big cities and spitting on everyone.

THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL ISSUE. IT IS A PUBLIC HEALTH ISSUE.

Yep...then why at the top are they turning it into a political issue?

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1216
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/13/2020 8:02:05 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

The lockdown isn't designed to be some kind of permanent situation. It's designed to put a screeching halt to the rampant spread of the very contagious virus. A city/state that doesn't lockdown at all is going to have a huge spike and many deaths. A city/state that locks down for a 4-6 week period is going to reduce both to a trickle. At that point things can re-open in a carefully considered manner.

Our problem is that, without any leadership at the top, we never took a hard stance at the beginning, which allowed the virus to spread out of control.

If we wanted to cut the deaths in half, it would have to have been a permanent situation until a vaccine is available.

Then we are looking at probably 40% unemployment and a Great Depression. Unless we printed up another 5-7 Trillion dollars.

+1

I know of 2 suicides just in my neck of the woods in the last two weeks....and it is getting worse.

Post #: 1217
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/13/2020 8:03:00 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

The lockdown isn't designed to be some kind of permanent situation. It's designed to put a screeching halt to the rampant spread of the very contagious virus. A city/state that doesn't lockdown at all is going to have a huge spike and many deaths. A city/state that locks down for a 4-6 week period is going to reduce both to a trickle. At that point things can re-open in a carefully considered manner.

Our problem is that, without any leadership at the top, we never took a hard stance at the beginning, which allowed the virus to spread out of control.

If we wanted to cut the deaths in half, it would have to have been a permanent situation until a vaccine is available.

Then we are looking at probably 40% unemployment and a Great Depression. Unless we printed up another 5-7 Trillion dollars.

The lockdown's purpose was to buy time for our healthcare system to reconfigure itself to deal with the pandemic. Post-lockdown we needed energetic and purposeful leadership to push masks, distancing, and hand washing - EVEN IF THAT MEANT DOING SOME THINGS THAT AREN'T POLITICALLY POPULAR. That's a test of leadership - am I willing to do something for the good of the people even if that means I get some blowback from it. We all see what we got. Failure.

I'm guessing you would say Minnesota did all these things you are talking about.

What did it get them? Higher death per capita rates than a neighboring state that did little of those things.

We shut down too early so it was ineffective.

Which Republican you want to blame for that?

Post #: 1218
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/13/2020 8:05:44 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Pandemic deaths?..

COVID infections?..

Superspreader events?..

Benghazi!!!!

So we go back 10 months for Trump but no one else?

Post #: 1219
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/13/2020 8:12:43 AM  1 votes
Brad H

Most infected states (% of people infected):

1. Louisiana
2. North Dakota
3. Mississippi
4. Florida
5. Alabama
6. South Dakota
7. Tennessee
8. Iowa
9. Georgia
10. Arizona
11. Arkansas
12. South Carolina
13. Texas

Coming on strong is Nebraska (15), Idaho (16) and Utah (17).

What do they all have in common?

< Message edited by Brad H -- 10/13/2020 8:15:47 AM >

Post #: 1220
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/13/2020 8:14:06 AM  1 votes
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

Pandemic deaths?..

COVID infections?..

Superspreader events?..

Benghazi!!!!

So we go back 10 months for Trump but no one else?

The point is we don't have to go back 10 months for Trump. Most days we don't have to go back more than 10 hours.

Post #: 1221
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/13/2020 8:14:33 AM   
David F.

quote:

Most infected states:

1. Louisiana
2. North Dakota
3. Mississippi
4. Florida
5. Alabama
6. South Dakota
7. Tennessee
8. Iowa
9. Georgia
10. Arizona
11. Arkansas
12. South Carolina
13. Texas

But but but CUOMO IN MARCH!!!

Post #: 1222
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/13/2020 8:17:17 AM  1 votes
TJSweens

quote:

Most infected states:

1. Louisiana
2. North Dakota
3. Mississippi
4. Florida
5. Alabama
6. South Dakota
7. Tennessee
8. Iowa
9. Georgia
10. Arizona
11. Arkansas
12. South Carolina
13. Texas

I'm surprised Wisconsin is not on that list. Their hospitals are at capacity. Minnesota always gets screwed by this. We are surrounded by morons.

Post #: 1223
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/13/2020 8:20:25 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

Most infected states:

1. Louisiana
2. North Dakota
3. Mississippi
4. Florida
5. Alabama
6. South Dakota
7. Tennessee
8. Iowa
9. Georgia
10. Arizona
11. Arkansas
12. South Carolina
13. Texas

I'm surprised Wisconsin is not on that list. Their hospitals are at capacity. Minnesota always gets screwed by this. We are surrounded by morons.

#19 and rising quickly

Post #: 1224
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/13/2020 8:44:39 AM   
Brad H

It's all right there, people.

Thumbnail Image

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1225
Page:   <<   < prev  47 48 [49] 50 51   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Covid 19 and those infected Page: <<   < prev  47 48 [49] 50 51   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode