Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Covid 19 and those infected

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Covid 19 and those infected Page: <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/21/2020 5:06:56 PM  1 votes
bohumm

Mike Pence believes that gay conversion therapy is necessary and viable. This is enough to show both his bigotry and his faulty application of intelligence (he probably is a measurably intelligent person, he just overlays his politics and religion over his expression so he comes off as an idiot).
Post #: 1251
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/21/2020 6:10:46 PM  1 votes
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pauldiercks1

The thing is Biden has no real tax plan that works with how it is presented. He has no real plan. So what are economists backing?

Pence asked Harris in the debate three times if they would just change the system to get their way. Three times she said she would answer the direct question and three times she totally avoided it. She even offered to answer it but then did anything but.

Like I said I have some issues with Trump also.

Biden is a puppet who is being led in whatever direction the lunatics are taking him. He's never done anything productive up to this point.
Trump is a loud mouth and doesn't give a crap if you don't like hearing something and has no interest in selling a feel good story.

If anyone is defending either of these two whichever side your on your in for disappointment.

I will say however I do like Mike Pence. Take away the fly distraction and it was obvious his intelligence is so far beyond Harris it was laughable.

Biden has no tax plan that works? As apposed to what? The tax plan that Trump has implemented that doesn't work?

You are aware that the national debt has increased by over $8-trillion under Trump, right? It's increased to its highest level ever and is increasing at the fastest pace ever.

So much for having a great businessman in office.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 10/21/2020 6:17:47 PM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1252
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/21/2020 6:25:05 PM   
Brad H

Texas has officially taken over the lead with the most cases in the country. A positive test rate of 10.8%.

Thumbnail Image

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Brad H -- 10/21/2020 6:27:02 PM >

Post #: 1253
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/22/2020 10:30:01 AM  1 votes
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

The thing is Biden has no real tax plan that works with how it is presented. He has no real plan. So what are economists backing?

Pence asked Harris in the debate three times if they would just change the system to get their way. Three times she said she would answer the direct question and three times she totally avoided it. She even offered to answer it but then did anything but.

Biden is a puppet who is being led in whatever direction the lunatics are taking him. He's never done anything productive up to this point.
Trump is a loud mouth and doesn't give a crap if you don't like hearing something and has no interest in selling a feel good story.

If anyone is defending either of these two whichever side your on your in for disappointment.

I will say however I do like Mike Pence. Take away the fly distraction and it was obvious his intelligence is so far beyond Harris it was laughable.

Biden has no tax plan that works? As apposed to what? The tax plan that Trump has implemented that doesn't work?

You are aware that the national debt has increased by over $8-trillion under Trump, right? It's increased to its highest level ever and is increasing at the fastest pace ever.

So what about the stimulus package the Democrats want to pass? What about the ACA payments Obama left that has made insurance companies, middle men, and providers rich? If I remember correctly the House and the Senate have passed these budgets.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1254
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/22/2020 11:04:16 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

So what about the stimulus package the Democrats want to pass? What about the ACA payments Obama left that has made insurance companies, middle men, and providers rich? If I remember correctly the House and the Senate have passed these budgets.

Not without the President's signature and approval. It is Trump's agenda.

The Republicans want to put the deficit and debt on the Democrats shoulders. Well, when they are in control the deficit rises and thus so does the debt. The LAST President to get the deficit into surplus was Clinton. Republicans seem to want to spend more but tax less. Start two wars....cut taxes....record deficits....cut taxes....skyrocketing debt....cut taxes....

I don't like the idea of paying more taxes but in the end that is what truly must happen to get the debt and deficit under control. I get it sometimes we have to spend in deficit. But There should be some serious balance to that.

I still say roll back all tax cuts given since 1980. We will see the deficit and debt disappear. They could pay back the money they stole for the SS fund and keep that solvent for decades. Then get spending in line with that level of income.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1255
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/22/2020 11:54:00 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Republicans want to put the deficit and debt on the Democrats shoulders. Well, when they are in control the deficit rises and thus so does the debt. The LAST President to get the deficit into surplus was Clinton. Republicans seem to want to spend more but tax less. Start two wars....cut taxes....record deficits....cut taxes....skyrocketing debt....cut taxes....

I don't like the idea of paying more taxes but in the end that is what truly must happen to get the debt and deficit under control. I get it sometimes we have to spend in deficit. But There should be some serious balance to that.

I still say roll back all tax cuts given since 1980. We will see the deficit and debt disappear. They could pay back the money they stole for the SS fund and keep that solvent for decades. Then get spending in line with that level of income.

I would love to see DEMs put a 70% tax on income over 10M and a 2% wealth tax on Net Worth. Superstar athletes would become GOPers instantly.
Post #: 1256
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/22/2020 12:00:26 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I would love to see DEMs put a 70% tax on income over 10M and a 2% wealth tax on Net Worth. Superstar athletes would become GOPers instantly.

What would that affect?

I mean the number of superstar athletes is a whole lot less than people making under 10M.
Post #: 1257
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/22/2020 12:00:26 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You don't have to convince me. Let's do it!

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1258
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/22/2020 12:05:12 PM   
David F.

Here's a promise I'll make. The day I make over $10,000,000.00 in one year I'll pay 100% tax (or charity) on every last dollar I make over the $10,000,000.00. I just won the game of life my friends!!! It's baffling to me that there's a human being out there anywhere that could even think for a second that there was some sort of unfairness in a system like this.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1259
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/22/2020 12:22:19 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Here's a promise I'll make. The day I make over $10,000,000.00 in one year I'll pay 100% tax (or charity) on every last dollar I make over the $10,000,000.00. I just won the game of life my friends!!! It's baffling to me that there's a human being out there anywhere that could even think for a second that there was some sort of unfairness in a system like this.

LeBron probably wants to be an owner. He would claim unfairness if you ended up taking 75% of what he earned away from him.
Post #: 1260
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/22/2020 12:24:45 PM   
Brad H

quote:

If Warren Buffett thinks it is a good idea, it must be.

Buffett says (paraphrasing) that if you give a guy an opportunity to make $10-million on a deal, he isn't going to not do it because he has to pay more in taxes. He's going to do it every time because he knows the United States is one of the only places he can make that kind of money.

Post #: 1261
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/22/2020 12:28:42 PM   
Brad H

Every one in 21.75 people in North Dakota either have COVID or have had COVID. Just to put things into perspective. They have a positivity rate of just over 12.6%.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 10/22/2020 12:31:33 PM >

Post #: 1262
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/22/2020 12:31:25 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

Buffett says (paraphrasing) that if you give a guy an opportunity to make $10-million on a deal, he isn't going to not do it because he has to pay more in taxes. He's going to do it every time because he knows the United States is one of the only places he can make that kind of money.

It would an exodus of epic proportions.

Zuckerberg, Twitter guy, Bezos, Google guy, Hollywood elites would all move and live in Todd's country.
Post #: 1263
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/22/2020 12:32:40 PM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

Zuckerberg, Twitter guy, Bezos, Google guy, Hollywood elites would all move and live in Todd's country.

You don't know that.

Post #: 1264
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/22/2020 12:37:24 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Every one in 21.75 people in North Dakota either have COVID or have had COVID. Just to put things into perspective. They have a positivity rate of just over 12.6%.

If you go to UND or NDSU, you can get paid for taking a Covid test. You also get entered into a lottery for scholarships.

That doesn't have anything to do with the positivity rate but it makes you wonder what the reasoning is.
Post #: 1265
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/22/2020 12:40:30 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

LeBron probably wants to be an owner. He would claim unfairness if you ended up taking 75% of what he earned away from him.

You want to tax 75% of every earned dollar starting at $1.00? Oh sorry I'm not down with that.

Post #: 1266
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/22/2020 12:41:45 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

If you go to UND or NDSU, you can get paid for taking a Covid test. You also get entered into a lottery for scholarships.

That doesn't have anything to do with the positivity rate but it makes you wonder what the reasoning is.

That they want to know what the pandemic is doing to their students so they can make informed decisions on what parts of the campus are open or closed?

Post #: 1267
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/22/2020 12:41:52 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You don't know that.

Take 75% of somebody's earnings(no loopholes) and I know what I would do.

Great step towards Socialism but not good news for a country as a whole.

Imagine telling Danielle Hunter he can only make the same amount as Yarlborough. Great for Yarlborough but I doubt Hunter keeps working as hard as he had in the past.
Post #: 1268
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/22/2020 12:45:44 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

You want to tax 75% of every earned dollar starting at $1.00? Oh sorry I'm not down with that.

Missed what I was saying.

LBJ 100M yearly income
LBJ 500M Net worth

1st 10M: Probably 3-4m in taxes
Rest of income, 90M: 63M in taxes
Net Worth Tax: 10M
Post #: 1269
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/22/2020 12:45:56 PM   
David F.

Mark you seem to think people are only motivated by money. I imagine you're correct to an extent.

Post #: 1270
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/22/2020 12:47:34 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

That they want to know what the pandemic is doing to their students so they can make informed decisions on what parts of the campus are open or closed?

Maybe. But most students are doing it for the gift.
Post #: 1271
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/22/2020 12:53:04 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Mark you seem to think people are only motivated by money. I imagine you're correct to an extent.

Do I think that LBJ is motivated to become an Owner so he can make more money? No. I think he wants to show that African Americans can and should have a chance at being an Owner.
Post #: 1272
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/22/2020 1:22:21 PM  1 votes
David F.

quote:

quote:

Do I think that LBJ is motivated to become an Owner so he can make more money? No. I think he wants to show that African Americans can and should have a chance at being an Owner.

As noble as that is I can't endorse organizing our tax structure so a person with millions, earning more millions every year, not getting taxed enough to make our society run correctly just so he can achieve a benchmark that will involve even more millions of profits. Lebron might have to take one for the team here and god forbid not become an owner of an NBA franchise. Oh the humanity.

Post #: 1273
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/22/2020 1:41:08 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

So we should base our tax laws around LeBron?

I mean he's a really good player...but...
Post #: 1274
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/22/2020 1:56:29 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

So we should base our tax laws around LeBron?

I mean he's a really good player...but...

I'm just saying that the Raptors can only employ so many players.

And Vancouver might get the Grizzlies back.
Post #: 1275
Page:   <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Covid 19 and those infected Page: <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode