Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Covid 19 and those infected

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Covid 19 and those infected Page: <<   < prev  65 66 67 [68] 69   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 7/16/2021 8:17:19 AM   
Lynn G.

Maybe give a vax bonus to those who HAVE been vaccinated...

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1676
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 7/16/2021 9:44:22 AM   
DavidAOlson

I talked with a number of college football players (D2), and they're all vaccinated. Nobody wanted to deal withthe quarantine every time they were exposed, and they didn't want to let their teammates down.

I can see vaccination status making a difference as to which players make the final roster. Established starters might get some leeway, and recent draft picks, but the bottom of the roster had better be vaccinated if they want a job.

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it. --- Alice
Post #: 1677
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 7/16/2021 10:44:17 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

If I owned any team, I would accept that I cannot mandate vaccines for my players/coaches/staff - but I'd make it so unhappy for them - with separate locker rooms, separate eating areas, a bench on the field that is separate and in a not-very-good area (way out of the way), etc. that some of them, at least, may give in and get the vaccination.

That's not that far off from what the NFL is doing. Hopefully it continues through the regular season as well:

Post #: 1678
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 7/16/2021 12:11:00 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

If I owned any team, I would accept that I cannot mandate vaccines for my players/coaches/staff - but I'd make it so unhappy for them - with separate locker rooms, separate eating areas, a bench on the field that is separate and in a not-very-good area (way out of the way), etc. that some of them, at least, may give in and get the vaccination.

That's not that far off from what the NFL is doing. Hopefully it continues through the regular season as well:

Thanks Obama.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1679
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 7/16/2021 3:37:29 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

WTF does Obama have to do with this, David?

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1680
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 7/16/2021 4:03:01 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

WTF does Obama have to do with this, David?

I was bringing back an old joke/reference that appears to have died away I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZLCNbmsu7E

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1681
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 7/16/2021 7:49:31 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: DavidAOlson

I talked with a number of college football players (D2), and they're all vaccinated. Nobody wanted to deal withthe quarantine every time they were exposed, and they didn't want to let their teammates down.

I can see vaccination status making a difference as to which players make the final roster. Established starters might get some leeway, and recent draft picks, but the bottom of the roster had better be vaccinated if they want a job.

Good points on the final roster thingy
Post #: 1682
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 7/16/2021 8:41:44 PM   
Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

That was awesome.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1683
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 7/17/2021 11:04:44 AM   
DavidAOlson

FWIW, as of today employers can mandate vaccination (as usual, accommodations for medical and religious reasons).

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/legal-and-compliance/employment-law/pages/employer-mandate-covid-vaccine-eua.aspx

p.s. Withdrawn. Wrong article linked, and I couldn't find the right one.

p.p.s. Not sure what might have changed in July to prompt the comments I saw, but the EEOC allowed employer mandates under Trump on December 16th, updated them May 28th.

https://www.eeoc.gov/wysk/what-you-should-know-about-covid-19-and-ada-rehabilitation-act-and-other-eeo-laws

So it's been possible for over 6 months.

< Message edited by DavidAOlson -- 7/18/2021 11:54:13 AM >

Post #: 1684
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 7/17/2021 10:35:53 PM   
thebigo

quote:

FWIW, as of today employers can mandate vaccination (as usual, accommodations for medical and religious reasons).

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/legal-and-compliance/employment-law/pages/employer-mandate-covid-vaccine-eua.aspx

Not that I'm against employers being able to mandate vaccinations and I did kind of quickly go over that article, I didn't see anything in there that says that employers can mandate vaccinations.
Post #: 1685
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 7/18/2021 11:18:14 AM   
DavidAOlson

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Not that I'm against employers being able to mandate vaccinations and I did kind of quickly go over that article, I didn't see anything in there that says that employers can mandate vaccinations.

Oh shoot. Wrong link. I had two articles and linked to the older one. I'll see whether I can find the newer one.

p.s. Well, I hunted but couldn't find it. So I'll withdraw the claim.

p.p.s. Not sure what might have changed in July to prompt the comments I saw, but the EEOC allowed employer mandates under Trump on December 16th, updated them May 28th.

https://www.eeoc.gov/wysk/what-you-should-know-about-covid-19-and-ada-rehabilitation-act-and-other-eeo-laws

So it's been possible for over 6 months. oops

< Message edited by DavidAOlson -- 7/18/2021 11:54:37 AM >

Post #: 1686
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 7/28/2021 6:24:39 PM  1 votes
Brad H

Cole Beasley of the Bills has been an opponent of getting vaccinated. Today he said he was neither anti or pro vax. I hope the Bills make him pro-unemployed.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1687
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 7/28/2021 6:48:59 PM   
Bill Johanesen

"I'm not anti- or pro-vax -- I'm pro-choice," Beasley said, reading from a prepared statement after the Bills' first practice of training camp. "With that being said, the issue at hand is information being withheld from players in order for a player to be swayed in a direction he may not be comfortable with.

"When dealing with a player's health and safety, there should be complete transparency regarding information that is vital in the decision-making process. Without having all the proper information, a player can feel misguided and unsure about a very personal choice. It makes a player feel unprotected and gives concerns about future topics regarding health and our ability to make educated decisions."

The NFL's policy, which heavily restricts unvaccinated players while allowing a return to near normalcy for vaccinated players, sparked criticism from Beasley last month, when he tweeted that he was not vaccinated and would continue to "live my one life like I want."

Sounds like a tap-dance bracktrack. Just what information is being "withheld"?

Dumbass.
Post #: 1688
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 7/28/2021 7:05:12 PM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

"I'm not anti- or pro-vax -- I'm pro-choice," Beasley said, reading from a prepared statement after the Bills' first practice of training camp. "With that being said, the issue at hand is information being withheld from players in order for a player to be swayed in a direction he may not be comfortable with.

"When dealing with a player's health and safety, there should be complete transparency regarding information that is vital in the decision-making process. Without having all the proper information, a player can feel misguided and unsure about a very personal choice. It makes a player feel unprotected and gives concerns about future topics regarding health and our ability to make educated decisions."

The NFL's policy, which heavily restricts unvaccinated players while allowing a return to near normalcy for vaccinated players, sparked criticism from Beasley last month, when he tweeted that he was not vaccinated and would continue to "live my one life like I want."

Sounds like a tap-dance bracktrack. Just what information is being "withheld"?

Dumbass.

I'd give him two choices. Get vaccinated and get paid. Don't get vaccinated and don't get paid. He'll become pro-vax within an hour.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1689
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 7/29/2021 12:00:50 AM  4 votes
Daniel Lee Young

Mr. pro-choice is mentally incompetent.. an idiot..

Does he live under a rock..?

Mr pro-choice needs only the following information:

Get Covid and lose your job, your dream, and your long term health and needlessly expose others, including children…to “ your body your choice” BS..

Get a fn shot and move the f#$@ on. Ya moron..

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1690
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 7/29/2021 12:05:20 AM  4 votes
Daniel Lee Young

I am one of the growing minority of vaccinated individuals , that has lost patience with all the excuse makers…

It’s not like patience and tolerance for S T U P I D was my strongest virtue to begin with…

Thank god my part time work is no contact, minimal interaction, with the great state of Nebraska’s Petrie dish mentality..

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1691
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 7/30/2021 11:11:34 PM   
marty

Imagine if hospitals would only treat vaccinated people that got Covid-19 ....

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1692
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 7/31/2021 1:49:33 AM  2 votes
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

Cole Beasley of the Bills has been an opponent of getting vaccinated. Today he said he was neither anti or pro vax. I hope the Bills make him pro-unemployed.

I hope Covid makes someone he really cares about.. Professionaly Dead..

That ought to do it for Mr Pro-choice.

Yea, I’m going to hell for wishing bad on someone…

So are you all..

Jesus saves, your ass…

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1693
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 8/1/2021 11:47:58 AM   
fmaltes

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2021/04/20/trump-i-dont-know-why-republicans-are-vaccine-hesitant-again-floats-pfizer-conspiracy-theory/?sh=70355d2b6b34

Even Trump supports vaccines. However, on masks, the science supports everyone wearing N95 masks that protect both the wearer and others. The CDC is not making this recommendation based on economics/politics not science. In my lifetime I have not seen the CDC politicized to this extent under both Trump and Biden.

At a practical level, and since the CDC is essentially making policy on political terms anyways, we should concentrate on getting everyone vaccinated. For some, having to wear a mask even if you are fully vaccinated takes the incentive away of getting vaccinated. (Informed folks know that the primary reason for getting the vaccine is to prevent severity of disease, not preventing getting covid.) This new directive on masks will make it more difficult to get a higher percentage of the population vaccinated.
Post #: 1694
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 8/1/2021 11:16:53 PM  2 votes
unome

Been a while since I have stopped by here.

Looks like Dan is still wishing death on people so some things don't change.
Post #: 1695
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 8/2/2021 8:40:13 AM  3 votes
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: unome

Been a while since I have stopped by here.

Looks like Dan is still wishing death on people so some things don't change.

Many (not necessarily on here) are excusing those choosing to risk the deaths of others. I don't know if that's a change or not.
Post #: 1696
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 8/10/2021 8:07:51 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Have you heard this idiotic excuse:

They developed a vaccine “too Fast… it used to take years… now they did it in months.. that can’t be right.. “

Idiots…

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1697
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 8/10/2021 8:42:40 PM   
Lynn G.

But it wasn't done in months. They've been working on a coronovirus vaccine for two decades. When the SARS outbreak happened, scientists immediately began the process of studying how a corona virus worked, and twenty years later they have learned a TON. When Covid 19 hit, they used those 20+ years of information gathered and immediately applied it to the new, novel Covid 19.

If anyone whines that they haven't spent enough time developing this vaccine, tell them that it's been two decades in the making.

Post #: 1698
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 8/22/2021 6:50:32 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Fully vaccinated Barry Sanders is symptom-free after testing positive for COVID-19

Hall of Fame running back Barry Sanders can speak first-hand about how well the COVID-19 vaccines work.

Sanders revealed today that he has tested positive for COVID-19. However, he’s fully vaccinated, and like most people who are fully vaccinated and get exposed to the coronavirus, he feels fine.

“Despite being double vaccinated, wearing a mask, and taking all the precautions I could,” Sanders wrote on Twitter, “I tested positive for COVID. I don’t have any symptoms, but am staying in until I get the green light from the Docs. I will be ready to go for @49ers on 9/12 @Lions.”

(Lions fans will be disappointed to learn that when Sanders says he will be ready to go for Week One, he does not mean he’ll be coming out of retirement.)

Sanders’ comments serve as a reminder of how important it is for everyone to get vaccinated. The vaccines make you less likely to catch COVID-19, but if you do catch it while fully vaccinated you’re unlikely to get very sick and virtually assured of not dying. Sanders did the responsible thing and is in good health because of it.

https://news.yahoo.com/fully-vaccinated-barry-sanders-symptom-142805093.html

Hey HOF wannabes, Cousins, Smith, and Thielen…. Pay attention…

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1699
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 8/23/2021 1:33:16 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Fully vaccinated Barry Sanders is symptom-free after testing positive for COVID-19

Hall of Fame running back Barry Sanders can speak first-hand about how well the COVID-19 vaccines work.

Sanders revealed today that he has tested positive for COVID-19. However, he’s fully vaccinated, and like most people who are fully vaccinated and get exposed to the coronavirus, he feels fine.

“Despite being double vaccinated, wearing a mask, and taking all the precautions I could,” Sanders wrote on Twitter, “I tested positive for COVID. I don’t have any symptoms, but am staying in until I get the green light from the Docs. I will be ready to go for @49ers on 9/12 @Lions.”

(Lions fans will be disappointed to learn that when Sanders says he will be ready to go for Week One, he does not mean he’ll be coming out of retirement.)

Sanders’ comments serve as a reminder of how important it is for everyone to get vaccinated. The vaccines make you less likely to catch COVID-19, but if you do catch it while fully vaccinated you’re unlikely to get very sick and virtually assured of not dying. Sanders did the responsible thing and is in good health because of it.

https://news.yahoo.com/fully-vaccinated-barry-sanders-symptom-142805093.html

Hey HOF wannabes, Cousins, Smith, and Thielen…. Pay attention…

Here's a guy that should have been listening before hand.

Conservative talk show radio host dies of Covid-19

He was skepitcal about the disease.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Valentine

In the end he regretted his anit-vax position...

Too bad his listeners likely wont change despite his death.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1700
Page:   <<   < prev  65 66 67 [68] 69   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Covid 19 and those infected Page: <<   < prev  65 66 67 [68] 69   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode