Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NFL Draft 2021

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2021 Page: <<   < prev  37 38 [39] 40 41   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/16/2021 6:47:10 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Ben Cleveland across four seasons at Georgia

Pass-blocking snaps: 741
QBs hits allowed: 3
QB sacks: 1

(PFF Draft on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 951
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/16/2021 6:48:34 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Jaycee Horn: 33% completion percentage allowed in 2020

Lowest in the SEC

(PFF Draft on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 952
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/16/2021 6:51:19 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Teven Jenkins across four seasons at Oklahoma State:

pass blocking snaps: 1,129
QB sacks allowed: 2

PFF Draft on Twitter

Post #: 953
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/16/2021 7:02:41 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Spencer Thompson likes Darrisaw a lot. Me too, but I don't know if he's going to be available.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/consensus-ot-50047438?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=postshare

I asked him what he thought the chances were that he would be available at #14 and I got this response:

I think it’s pretty 50/50, a few spots before 14 where I can see him going (especially LAC)

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 4/16/2021 7:09:08 PM >

Post #: 954
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/16/2021 7:05:17 PM   
Bruce Johnson

http://www.mnvikingscorner.com/2021/04/evaluating-potential-vikings-draft.html

Post #: 955
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/16/2021 7:20:36 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Brown usually pushes his de back into the LB thus reaching the 2nd level with brute force.

Think this regime is taking this athleticism trait too far. It's really only on display for screen passes which we only run 2 times a game.

How about getting a couple brutes that can actually block vs getting rag dolled.

Someone just posted that Brown was ranked mid to late 20s out of Tackles last year (or maybe even LTs). No guarantee he's an All Pro LT but he's asking for that kind of $. If you give up picks and a huge contract and he's average or worse at LT, you are screwed with Cousin's 41M hit next year. I'd rather have cap and the flexibility.

My plan for the OL would be to sign Taylor for a 1 yr prove it/heavy incentives contract. IF the draft breaks right, trade back 3-6 spots give a 4th rounder to get a 2nd.

I go AVT in the first. DE or S in the second. BPA the rest of the way.

Get Ezra practicing at LT and give him the first shot. Oneil to LT (flopping Ezra/Oneil or Udoh at RT) and Hill are your back up options. Those are some pretty decent options and a lot of flexibility to go from plan A, B, C. I think we'll be good with A.

Let Turner/AVT/Udoh/Cole/Hinton battle out the two guards positions. A REAL competition. Notice I didn't list Dozier at all.

Hope Bradbury improves in his 3rd year and with better talent on either side.

I think our starting lineup would be: Ezra/Taylor/Bradbury/Udoh/ONeil. J/k AVT at RG. I would keep Taylor at LG even though he has played some RG so he's next to basically a rookie LT. I would see how AVT does at RG since he's played some RG in college and he'd be next to ONeill. That way we have experience next to rookies.

EDIT: It was bigo - PFF has him (Brown) rated 25th tackle of 79 in 2020.

< Message edited by Pager -- 4/16/2021 7:54:25 PM >

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 956
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/16/2021 7:58:43 PM   
Tom Sykes

Taylor who?
Post #: 957
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/16/2021 8:10:08 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Spencer Thompson likes Darrisaw a lot. Me too, but I don't know if he's going to be available.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/consensus-ot-50047438?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=postshare

I asked him what he thought the chances were that he would be available at #14 and I got this response:

I think it’s pretty 50/50, a few spots before 14 where I can see him going (especially LAC)

Everything is 50_50.
Post #: 958
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/16/2021 8:36:35 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

Taylor who?

Lane Taylor. Just saw the feed from a day ago he is signing with the Texans. Be curious to see what he signs for. If this was announced somewhere, my bad.

Tai Turner would be my next option, with same 1 year prove it contract coming off injuries.

Turner is still a FA, right?

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 959
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/17/2021 5:54:14 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Spencer Thompson likes Kwity Paye, but not at #14. He doesn't see enough of a difference of him over others to take him that high. Translation:. If the Vikings want a first round edge rusher, there will be very good options if they trade back.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/consensus-kwity-50114368?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=postshare

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 4/17/2021 7:31:09 AM >

Post #: 960
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/17/2021 7:03:17 AM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

Brown usually pushes his de back into the LB thus reaching the 2nd level with brute force.

Think this regime is taking this athleticism trait too far. It's really only on display for screen passes which we only run 2 times a game.

How about getting a couple brutes that can actually block vs getting rag dolled.

Someone just posted that Brown was ranked mid to late 20s out of Tackles last year (or maybe even LTs). No guarantee he's an All Pro LT but he's asking for that kind of $. If you give up picks and a huge contract and he's average or worse at LT, you are screwed with Cousin's 41M hit next year. I'd rather have cap and the flexibility.

My plan for the OL would be to sign Taylor for a 1 yr prove it/heavy incentives contract. IF the draft breaks right, trade back 3-6 spots give a 4th rounder to get a 2nd.

I go AVT in the first. DE or S in the second. BPA the rest of the way.

Get Ezra practicing at LT and give him the first shot. Oneil to LT (flopping Ezra/Oneil or Udoh at RT) and Hill are your back up options. Those are some pretty decent options and a lot of flexibility to go from plan A, B, C. I think we'll be good with A.

Let Turner/AVT/Udoh/Cole/Hinton battle out the two guards positions. A REAL competition. Notice I didn't list Dozier at all.

Hope Bradbury improves in his 3rd year and with better talent on either side.

I think our starting lineup would be: Ezra/Taylor/Bradbury/Udoh/ONeil. J/k AVT at RG. I would keep Taylor at LG even though he has played some RG so he's next to basically a rookie LT. I would see how AVT does at RG since he's played some RG in college and he'd be next to ONeill. That way we have experience next to rookies.

EDIT: It was bigo - PFF has him (Brown) rated 25th tackle of 79 in 2020.

Solid plan.
Prolly makes too much sense for us.

< Message edited by kevinemmer -- 4/17/2021 7:04:36 AM >
Post #: 961
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/17/2021 7:48:31 AM   
Bruce Johnson

TCU safety Trevon Moehrig didn’t get to do shuttles at his Pro Day because of a strained back.

He timed those today at @TeamEXOS.

6.69: 3-cone
3.97: Short (20 yard) shuttle

Matt Miller on Twitter

I believe these times are outstanding, but I suppose they are not as reliable as those from a combine.

Post #: 962
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/17/2021 8:19:02 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

(PFF Draft on Twitter)

Not sure where he is expected to go but I like what I'm hearing about this guy.

Plus he is SEC battle tested.

And he plays Guard!!!

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 963
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/17/2021 10:17:58 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

(PFF Draft on Twitter)

And he plays Guard!!!

Probably third round.

Post #: 964
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/17/2021 10:47:21 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

(PFF Draft on Twitter)

And he plays Guard!!!

So Cleveland might have to beat out Cleveland. "Get off the field Cleveland you bum! Cleveland, get in there!"
Post #: 965
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/17/2021 12:09:21 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

(PFF Draft on Twitter)

And he plays Guard!!!

So Cleveland might have to beat out Cleveland. "Get off the field Cleveland you bum! Cleveland, get in there!"

"You Clevelands listen up. Tall lanky Cleveland, get in there at guard. Heavy, lumbering Cleveland, replace Samia at left tackle."
Post #: 966
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/17/2021 1:02:06 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Bateman will most likely be there with one of our 3rd rounders (not sure he'll slide to 90 but it's possible). Guy should have a good/solid NFL career.

Why is Bateman likely to be there in the third? What changed? I heard nothing but 1st round for him previously.

You're thinking of Batman.

Nope Bateman. I saw him mocked as early at 10 and late in the first, but never out of it.

My hunch is that he goes early in the second round, but I could be wrong. We'll see in a couple of weeks.

First mock I checked CBS

Round 1 - Pick 20
Rashod Bateman WR
MINNESOTA • SOPH • 6'2" / 210 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Chicago
PROSPECT RNK
34th
POSITION RNK
6th
Given the uncertainty with Allen Robinson's future, the Bears pick a wideout with similar characteristics to him for new starter Andy Dalton.

2nd mock I checked had Bateman falling out of the first round and this interesting Vikings trade back.

Minnesota Vikings
(via Washington)
TRADE
Christian Darrisaw
Virginia Tech · OT
Minnesota fills a big need by solidifying the left tackle position after Riley Reiff's exit.

Bateman's dropping because he's 6'0'' / 190 LBS whereas MN had him listed as 6'2'' / 210 LBS

That would do it. Did the NFL have official measurements done?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 967
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/17/2021 1:03:01 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Read somewhere that some teams are removing players that opted out down their board or completely off.

Good.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 968
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/17/2021 1:03:50 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

I just did the PFF draft sim and took Mac Jones with the 14th. They gave that move an A+.
I went heavy on OL after that with Keldrick Green in the 2nd and got a C+ for that.
Ended up with an A- grade overall.

I copied it, but can't paste it here for whatever reason.

How did you maneuver the 2nd?

Oops. I meant third. Vikings second selection.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 969
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/17/2021 1:04:45 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

I just did the PFF draft sim and took Mac Jones with the 14th. They gave that move an A+.
I went heavy on OL after that with Keldrick Green in the 2nd and got a C+ for that.
Ended up with an A- grade overall.

I copied it, but can't paste it here for whatever reason.

PFF overvalues QB's in their grading.

Chris Simms who I greatly respect has Mac Jones as without a doubt the best player in the draft. I would be thrilled if we got him at 14.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 970
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/17/2021 1:06:27 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Over the course of the last 20 years, can you name which three schools the #Vikings have selected most of their players from during the NFL Draft?

(Purple Post on Twitter)

I have the answer for you, but would you like me to wait for your guesses?

I would guess Notre Dame, UCLA and The Ohio State University.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 971
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/17/2021 2:20:11 PM   
Tom Sykes

As far as I can tell, this is how our draft board sets up for G*
(based on Zierlein's nfl.com draft rankings)

*I understand this is meaningless – although Spielman seems to go into the draft with a strict trait-based formula ... more strict than a lot of teams ... we end up plugging dudes anywhere. Thus our situation.

Spielman's G Formula
C – smallish Gs with not all their brains knocked out
G – any OT or any OL too short or fat to play OT

Real good Gs (powerful and nifty): #1Vera-Tucker
Power based: big, powerful, not nifty: #2 Banks, #3 Smith, #4 Davis, #5 Brown, #8 Cleveland, #10 Hocker
Zone based: less powerful but nifty: #6 Carman, #7 Greene, #9 Newman

So IMO, although any of these ten Gs would help, it's crazy talk to discuss anybody other than Vera-Tucker, Carman, Greene and Newman.
Post #: 972
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/17/2021 3:39:45 PM   
jbusse

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Bateman will most likely be there with one of our 3rd rounders (not sure he'll slide to 90 but it's possible). Guy should have a good/solid NFL career.

Why is Bateman likely to be there in the third? What changed? I heard nothing but 1st round for him previously.

You're thinking of Batman.

Nope Bateman. I saw him mocked as early at 10 and late in the first, but never out of it.

My hunch is that he goes early in the second round, but I could be wrong. We'll see in a couple of weeks.

First mock I checked CBS

Round 1 - Pick 20
Rashod Bateman WR
MINNESOTA • SOPH • 6'2" / 210 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Chicago
PROSPECT RNK
34th
POSITION RNK
6th
Given the uncertainty with Allen Robinson's future, the Bears pick a wideout with similar characteristics to him for new starter Andy Dalton.

2nd mock I checked had Bateman falling out of the first round and this interesting Vikings trade back.

Minnesota Vikings
(via Washington)
TRADE
Christian Darrisaw
Virginia Tech · OT
Minnesota fills a big need by solidifying the left tackle position after Riley Reiff's exit.

Bateman's dropping because he's 6'0'' / 190 LBS whereas MN had him listed as 6'2'' / 210 LBS

That would do it. Did the NFL have official measurements done?

He was measured at Minnesota's pro day on April 1. He said he's never been 200+ (or 6'2" presumably).
Post #: 973
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/17/2021 3:52:14 PM   
joejitsu

If we get Vera Tucker in the first round of the draft, I will be very happy. He’s a plug and play left guard. If we can get another oline starter in the third round, all the better.
Post #: 974
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/17/2021 4:12:38 PM   
Bruce Johnson

When I saw that Spencer Thompson ranked Paye as his third edge rusher, I asked him how he ranked his top five. He did respond with this:

Currently I have Phillips, Ojulari, Paye, Basham, Owen

I'm not familiar with Owen. I'll have to look him up.

Edit: I think he meant Oweh.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 4/17/2021 4:50:50 PM >

Post #: 975
Page:   <<   < prev  37 38 [39] 40 41   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2021 Page: <<   < prev  37 38 [39] 40 41   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode