Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NFL Draft 2021

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2021 Page: <<   < prev  39 40 [41] 42 43   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/19/2021 4:15:25 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

What will be your reaction if Cosmi is the pick at #14? I will feel utter despair. At #22 on a trade back I will say "let's go", but not at #14. That would be a reach.

I would be dumbfounded if we drafted Cosmi in the first. Aghast.

Has he been mocked into the 1st?

I'm just now starting to dig around and Teven Jenkins seems like that usual late first / 2nd rd gapper (except for loony Charlie Casserly who has him in the teens).

Cosmi seems bunched in with the 2nd to early 3rd rounders Leatherwood, Forsythe, Eichenberg

Before the big drop off to Radunz etc.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 4/19/2021 4:17:51 PM >
Post #: 1001
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/19/2021 5:59:22 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

What will be your reaction if Cosmi is the pick at #14? I will feel utter despair. At #22 on a trade back I will say "let's go", but not at #14. That would be a reach.

I would be dumbfounded if we drafted Cosmi in the first. Aghast.

Has he been mocked into the 1st?

I'm just now starting to dig around and Teven Jenkins seems like that usual late first / 2nd rd gapper (except for loony Charlie Casserly who has him in the teens).

Cosmi seems bunched in with the 2nd to early 3rd rounders Leatherwood, Forsythe, Eichenberg

Before the big drop off to Radunz etc.

Am I mistaken, but really I couldn't believe my eyes reading Arif Hasan was mocking Cosmi to the Vikings in the first round.

Edit:. I checked again because I thought perhaps I saw it wrong, but here it is again.

https://www.vikings.com/news/2021-nfl-mock-draft-tracker-5-0

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 4/19/2021 6:04:07 PM >

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1002
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/19/2021 6:32:47 PM   
Bill Jandro

Cosmi at 14 would be almost as bad of a reach as the Ponder pick.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1003
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/19/2021 7:18:33 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I see this and I wonder how much interest the Vikings have in moving up to #10. I also have to wonder what the offers are for our pick.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2940498-stephen-jones-says-cowboys-are-drawing-interest-from-teams-for-no-10-draft-pick

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1004
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/19/2021 7:23:31 PM   
Bill Jandro

Most Mocks have these teams picking oline:

Cinn -Chase is also mocked to them mostly
Car -lots of needs though so their not a lock to take one
NYG -lock to go oline
LAC -same

So if we stand pat we could be looking at 2 to 4 oline off the board.

Post #: 1005
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/19/2021 8:00:29 PM   
David F.

Should have lost to the damn lions and we wouldn’t be worrying about who will be off the board.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1006
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/19/2021 10:54:29 PM   
Tom Sykes

Thumbnail Image

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 4/19/2021 11:56:51 PM >
Post #: 1007
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/19/2021 11:38:21 PM  1 votes
Daniel Lee Young

SAve the file in a supported format and use the embed picture in post option at bottom of post..

You upload the file.. if it fits format and size limits, it will say successful

Thumbnail Image

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 4/19/2021 11:53:58 PM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1008
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/19/2021 11:46:43 PM   
Tom Sykes

nm

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 4/19/2021 11:58:21 PM >
Post #: 1009
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/19/2021 11:57:34 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

SAve the file in a supported format and use the embed picture in post option at bottom of post..

You upload the file.. if it fits format and size limits, it will say successful

Thumbnail Image

Thank you.
Post #: 1010
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/20/2021 12:12:37 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

You got it.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 4/20/2021 12:14:35 AM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1011
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/20/2021 3:47:27 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

NYG -lock to go oline
LAC -same

Don't worry. If it doesn't go as planned there will be some really nice players still on the board. It might be a quarterback and then it will be great for trading back. There certainly will be some corners that teams will covet still available at #14. Of course Spielman has to prepare for every scenario- even the "nightmare scenarios".

Question: If one of the quarterbacks is still available and we don't get an offer that knocks our socks off, should we go ahead and take a quarterback? You have to figure that the Patriots would be making a serious offer in that situation, but maybe we should just take the QB unless the offer is sensational.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 4/20/2021 3:53:43 AM >

Post #: 1012
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/20/2021 10:58:53 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

NYG -lock to go oline
LAC -same

Don't worry. If it doesn't go as planned there will be some really nice players still on the board. It might be a quarterback and then it will be great for trading back. There certainly will be some corners that teams will covet still available at #14. Of course Spielman has to prepare for every scenario- even the "nightmare scenarios".

Question: If one of the quarterbacks is still available and we don't get an offer that knocks our socks off, should we go ahead and take a quarterback? You have to figure that the Patriots would be making a serious offer in that situation, but maybe we should just take the QB unless the offer is sensational.

To answer your question. I would take a QB. Cousins isn't bad but isn't great either and his contract is getting cap prohibitive. It wouldn't be a bad idea to draft his replacement soon.

To point something out. ZIMMER does have influence on the draft and he may be looking to add an EDGE (many mocks have us going this route) he's also kind of thin at Safety and ZIMMER loves his defense. Despite a desperate need on the Oline I wouldn't be surprised by a pick on the Defense with our first pick. Besides. The likes of Anthony Barr and Danielle Hunter might need some replacement too, as they are like Cousins when it comes to cap Prohibition.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1013
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/20/2021 12:01:37 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I would not take the Alabama QB at #14. I would be inclined to take any of the others unless I got a serious offer from a team behind us.

Post #: 1014
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/20/2021 12:29:21 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Odds of Orlando Brown Trade to Vikings More Real Than Ever....vikingsterritory

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
A piece of interesting free agent news: #Steelers FA OT Alejandro Villanueva is set to visit the #Ravens this week, league source said. With some moving parts on Baltimore’s O-line, they plan to check out Villanueva in person.

The cost is the interesting part. Bleacher Report recently spitballed this deal: The Vikings send the No. 14 pick, the No. 125 overall pick (4th Round), and a 2022 2nd-Round pick to Baltimore for Brown and the 27th pick in this year’s 1st Round.

That would probably be worth it. The Vikings retain a 1st-Round presence in the draft in 2021, get Brown as a stalwart LT, and sacrifice 13 spots on the draft, plus a 2nd-Rounder next year.

Trading for Brown would kickstart an offensive line that feels like this for 2021:

(LT) Orlando Brown, (LG) Mason Cole / Alex Leatherwood-type / FA like Trai Turner, ( C ) Garrett Bradbury, (RG) Ezra Cleveland, (RT) Brian O’Neill.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1015
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/20/2021 12:47:42 PM   
Pauldiercks1

quote:

That would be very tough to beat. At the time of the Ponder pick I was so disgusted I threw what was in my hand at the TV and broke the screen. Which I've never done before or since lol.
People liked to defend Ponder saying he would be a decent number two but no way he was absolutely horrible. He could only look good in preseason if that. He had no business being drafted in the first four rounds but obviously some other people that don't know much saw something in him.

That pick still bothers me. If your trying to screw up, just say it.
Post #: 1016
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/20/2021 1:12:26 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
A piece of interesting free agent news: #Steelers FA OT Alejandro Villanueva is set to visit the #Ravens this week, league source said. With some moving parts on Baltimore’s O-line, they plan to check out Villanueva in person.

The cost is the interesting part. Bleacher Report recently spitballed this deal: The Vikings send the No. 14 pick, the No. 125 overall pick (4th Round), and a 2022 2nd-Round pick to Baltimore for Brown and the 27th pick in this year’s 1st Round.

That would probably be worth it. The Vikings retain a 1st-Round presence in the draft in 2021, get Brown as a stalwart LT, and sacrifice 13 spots on the draft, plus a 2nd-Rounder next year.

Trading for Brown would kickstart an offensive line that feels like this for 2021:

(LT) Orlando Brown, (LG) Mason Cole / Alex Leatherwood-type / FA like Trai Turner, ( C ) Garrett Bradbury, (RG) Ezra Cleveland, (RT) Brian O’Neill.

Brown, I believe, is an Unrestricted FA after the season.

If we make a trade for him, we better have a very good idea of what it will take to retain him after 2021.
Post #: 1017
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/20/2021 1:19:37 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

If we make a trade for him, we better have a very good idea of what it will take to retain him after 2021.

I can't imagine the Vikings making the deal unless Brown agreeing to an extension up front was part of it.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1018
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/20/2021 1:44:25 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

Odds of Orlando Brown Trade to Vikings More Real Than Ever.... (as in, WAS never going to happen and STILL is not going to happen but thanks for clicking our link)
Post #: 1019
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/20/2021 2:33:46 PM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

I can't imagine the Vikings making the deal unless Brown agreeing to an extension up front was part of it.

We could always trade him for a lower round pick mid season...
Post #: 1020
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/20/2021 3:01:57 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pauldiercks1

quote:

That would be very tough to beat. At the time of the Ponder pick I was so disgusted I threw what was in my hand at the TV and broke the screen. Which I've never done before or since lol.
People liked to defend Ponder saying he would be a decent number two but no way he was absolutely horrible. He could only look good in preseason if that. He had no business being drafted in the first four rounds but obviously some other people that don't know much saw something in him.

You have a good point. Cosmi would have to be the 2nd coming of Demitrius Underwood to top how bad the Ponder pick was.

Post #: 1021
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/20/2021 3:08:01 PM   
Bill Jandro

Acquiring Brown would patch a huge whole in the left side of our oline and actually make me have to retract some horrible things I've said about trader Rick.

As of now, going in to the draft with the current state of our oline is extremely short sighted. Trader Rick will be getting sniped every time he turns his head.

Post #: 1022
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/20/2021 3:13:34 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

The second rounder next year goes to Baltimore, not us.
Post #: 1023
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/20/2021 3:42:05 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

The second rounder next year goes to Baltimore, not us.

Isn't that what he said?

"and sacrifice 13 spots on the draft, plus a 2nd-Rounder next year."

Post #: 1024
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/20/2021 5:18:45 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pauldiercks1

quote:

You have a good point. Cosmi would have to be the 2nd coming of Demitrius Underwood to top how bad the Ponder pick was.

Just for the record I didn't destroy my tv set, but I did scream in disgust at both the Underwood and the Ponder picks. I was also happy with the Treadwell pick, just to be fair and honest.

Post #: 1025
Page:   <<   < prev  39 40 [41] 42 43   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2021 Page: <<   < prev  39 40 [41] 42 43   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode