Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2021 4:42:32 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Mike Hughes has never given up more than 45 yards in a game when he takes the majority of his snaps in the slot.

This includes an ultra impressive performance against the giants where he averaged 3.9 yards a trgt over 10 targets

Also 6 career games of under 25 yards allowed🔐

DeShawn Vaughan on Twitter

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 151
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2021 6:24:24 AM   
marty

We wouldn't have chosen a WR in the 1st if he was on the roster.

We don't know that. A lot of people didn't think the Vikes would take Moss with Carter and Reed at 1 and 2.

If Jefferson was still there, and the Vikes liked him a lot [which they , did], I think they would have drafted him. And it would have been one helluva trio.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 152
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2021 6:25:33 AM   
marty

Bill

Either you didn't read what I posted, or have really poor reading comprehension. I was talking about the Packers LOSING.

Hopefully that is what happens later today.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 153
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2021 7:30:28 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

We don't know that. A lot of people didn't think the Vikes would take Moss with Carter and Reed at 1 and 2.

If Jefferson was still there, and the Vikes liked him a lot [which they , did], I think they would have drafted him. And it would have been one helluva trio.

I like your point, but I want to remind you that the Vikings lost all three cb starters from 2019. I don't believe the Vikings had a comparable issue before 1998. That team was pretty talented throughout the roster.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 154
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2021 10:46:09 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Check out this chart. The Vikings are a league of their own.

https://twitter.com/Yfz84/status/1350152410635894792?s=09

My Lord, does Dozier look bad in those lowlights.

The one where he gets his foot stepped on, he makes a perfect block. Providing he didn't get called for a cut block.
Post #: 155
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2021 1:39:46 PM   
marty

The Vikings didn't have that issue in '98, but they did have plenty of holes on defense, and easily could have drafted defense with their 1st pick.

But I agree, the Vikes were pretty decimated at CB going into last year's draft, so they probably wouldn't have taken JJ with having just one pick, unless they REALLY liked him, and thought Diggs was a little unhappy, and didn't think they could trade Diggs at the time.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 156
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2021 2:38:15 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Bill

Either you didn't read what I posted, or have really poor reading comprehension. I was talking about the Packers LOSING.

Hopefully that is what happens later today.

No, you clearly posted about Aaron and his ring. You probably dream of sucking on it. Your creativity knows no bounds when weaving in a packer SB.

AND, it's no surprise you popped in here now that your beloved team begins its playoffs.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 1/16/2021 2:40:26 PM >
Post #: 157
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2021 2:39:54 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

The Vikings didn't have that issue in '98, but they did have plenty of holes on defense, and easily could have drafted defense with their 1st pick.

But I agree, the Vikes were pretty decimated at CB going into last year's draft, so they probably wouldn't have taken JJ with having just one pick, unless they REALLY liked him, and thought Diggs was a little unhappy, and didn't think they could trade Diggs at the time.

I am sympathetic to your point because I am a best player available guy.

Here's a tweet from Dustin Baker (unrelated topic):

Offensive TDs Scored,
2020:

Kansas City Chiefs = 54
Minnesota Vikings = 55

Post #: 158
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2021 2:52:24 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

I am sympathetic to your point because I am a best player available guy.

Here's a tweet from Dustin Baker (unrelated topic):

Offensive TDs Scored,
2020:

Kansas City Chiefs = 54
Minnesota Vikings = 55

The "Raptor" offense
Post #: 159
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2021 8:14:52 PM   
beo

quote:

I'm with you Marty in that I would have LOVED to see Thielen/Diggs/JJ together.
But let's face it... Jefferson probably would have been on the bench for the 1st 8 games and only been in on 3rd and forever the last half of the season.

This coaching staff wouldn't know what do do with a legit 3rd WR.
Post #: 160
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2021 8:17:24 PM   
beo

It's amazing how many times in these playoff games I've seen a defender rush completely unblocked into the backfield and these mobile QBs just easily roll out and throw a 15 yard strike.

It puts so much pressure on the defense... very hard to defend.
Post #: 161
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2021 7:46:23 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Still boggles my mind that the 2020 Vikings ranked:

● 29th in Defense
● 29th in Pass Blocking per PFF
● 32nd in Special Teams DVOA
● 4th in Offensive Yards Gained

..and we spent all this time bitching about Gary Kubiak, Kirk Cousins, the Diggs trade, and "archaic offense."

(Dustin Baker on Twitter)

Post #: 162
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2021 8:59:47 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Just goes to show you shineing offensive stats mean you end up third in your division, out of the playoffs and drafting in no mans land @ 14..

But hey, let’s ride that cap hell and offensive genius KC, who hands the ball soo well to the running backs.

Woot fn wooot.

Who cares about 4 the ranked offense if you can’t..... WIN... games????

Obviously the correlation between a “kick ass” offense and winning is lost on us, Dustin...

Ye god of twit-wit and internet guru..

Good for you..

Making an immortal name for yourself justifying and rationalizing a complete management crap show..

Go Vikes!!

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 1/17/2021 12:09:52 PM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 163
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2021 9:17:04 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

How about Dustin explain how we are 29th in points allowed, tied for 30th place in yards allowed,?

“I made the perfect call” ...

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 164
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2021 12:02:36 PM   
David F.

According to football outsiders the vikes were 10th offensively in points per drive. Considering how often we played from behind and also how much garbage time we enjoyed that could explain some of the fans displeasure at our ‘high powered offense’. Even though the defense was much worse than the offense in yards per game and points per game, situationally I’d say they both failed to meet reasonable expectations.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 165
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2021 12:06:07 PM   
David F.

Jamies Winston threw for 5000 yards and 30+ TDs in 2019. Awesome right?

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 166
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2021 12:11:00 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Kirk only wishes he were Jamison....

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 167
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2021 1:46:27 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

According to football outsiders the vikes were 10th offensively in points per drive. Considering how often we played from behind and also how much garbage time we enjoyed that could explain some of the fans displeasure at our ‘high powered offense’. Even though the defense was much worse than the offense in yards per game and points per game, situationally I’d say they both failed to meet reasonable expectations.

We had about 3 games with substantial garbage time and 1 game with a little garbage time. Every other game was a 4 quarter game.

Offense certainly could be better with better Guard play and another good WR but it is hardly a dinosaur.
Post #: 168
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2021 1:48:31 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

You keep forgetting that INT stat when mentioning him.
Post #: 169
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2021 2:27:12 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

You keep forgetting that INT stat when mentioning him.

No I intentionally leave it out. It serves as an example of something that on the surface LOOKS fantastic yet if I dig just a bit I can find other aspects that bring the reality more into focus.

Post #: 170
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2021 2:29:40 PM   
David F.

For example, who is tied for the second most turnovers in 2020? Carson Wentz was #1. The other person tied for #2 is Drew Lock.

Post #: 171
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2021 5:00:36 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Still boggles my mind that the 2020 Vikings ranked:

● 29th in Defense
● 29th in Pass Blocking per PFF
● 32nd in Special Teams DVOA
● 4th in Offensive Yards Gained

..and we spent all this time bitching about Gary Kubiak, Kirk Cousins, the Diggs trade, and "archaic offense."

(Dustin Baker on Twitter)

Absolutely correct Bruce.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 172
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/18/2021 4:05:37 PM   
Bruce Johnson

With Baltimore season over, pick #Vikings will get from Ravens in Yannick Ngakoue trade will be No. 91 in third round (they also got 5th in 2022) The #Vikings originally gave up No. 45 in 2nd to JAX for Ngakoue (and a No. 5), so they salvaged something but dropped 46 draft spots.

Pioneer Press Vikings beat writer guy on Twitter- forget his name now

I also forget:. Why did the Vikings unload him so quickly when they needed pass rushing help so much?

Edit:. Chris Tomasson. I'm seriously having a name memory problem. In the hospital they told me I did and that it was one of the side effects of Covid.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 1/18/2021 4:10:09 PM >

Post #: 173
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/18/2021 6:01:42 PM   
Bill Johanesen

The news that the Lions are hiring longtime Rams executive Brad Holmes as Detroit’s new general manager means that for the first time, the league’s new rule rewarding teams that help develop minority coaches and executives will be put into place.

Holmes is a minority, so the Rams will now receive a third-round compensatory pick in both the 2021 NFL draft and the 2022 NFL draft for losing Holmes.

Those third-round picks will come after the compensatory picks that are awarded to teams for losing free agent players. We don’t yet know how many third-round compensatory picks will be awarded for losing free agents, but if there were five regular third-round compensatory picks, those would be picks Nos. 97-101. Then the first compensatory pick for losing a minority player or executive would be No. 102.

If multiple teams lose minority coaches or executives, multiple third-round compensatory picks will be awarded. They’ll be awarded in the same order that teams choose in the draft, so the team that’s higher in the draft order would also be higher in the compensatory pick order.
Post #: 174
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/18/2021 9:47:36 PM   
thebigo

quote:

With Baltimore season over, pick #Vikings will get from Ravens in Yannick Ngakoue trade will be No. 91 in third round (they also got 5th in 2022) The #Vikings originally gave up No. 45 in 2nd to JAX for Ngakoue (and a No. 5), so they salvaged something but dropped 46 draft spots.

Pioneer Press Vikings beat writer guy on Twitter- forget his name now

I also forget:. Why did the Vikings unload him so quickly when they needed pass rushing help so much?

Edit:. Chris Tomasson. I'm seriously having a name memory problem. In the hospital they told me I did and that it was one of the side effects of Covid.

Cap savings

< Message edited by thebigo -- 1/18/2021 9:48:59 PM >
Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode