Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Free Agency 2021

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Free Agency 2021 Page: <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/25/2021 3:36:16 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Sounds like another poor IOL player.

Az isn't dumping him because he's good

No, they aren't. Part of the reason they are dumping him is they acquired a much better one.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 801
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/25/2021 4:47:01 PM   
Phil Riewer

I will say the kid is young....I would rather have him than Brett Jones.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 802
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/25/2021 5:11:02 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

No, they aren't. Part of the reason they are dumping him is they acquired a much better one.

Watched some highlights of RB Chase Edmonds.

Cole seems like the type of guy that we already have. Mobile, but can get pushed around by the big boys.

2.1 cap hit. No dead cap $$$ if we cut him.
Post #: 803
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/25/2021 5:17:57 PM   
kevinemmer

So the O-line dumpster diving continues...

Well, with Bradbury and Ezra in the mix, call it current disappointments that are tbd, and dumpster diving.

O'Neill one bright spot.
Post #: 804
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/25/2021 5:45:28 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

So the O-line dumpster diving continues...

Well, with Bradbury and Ezra in the mix, call it current disappointments that are tbd, and dumpster diving.

O'Neill one bright spot.

I believe we go OL with our 1st pick. It is more than about time to address our greatest weakness.

< Message edited by Steve Lentz -- 3/25/2021 5:46:29 PM >

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 805
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/25/2021 5:51:54 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

You make it sound like they have upgraded from decent to better.

They upgraded the position because it needed to be upgraded (and their GM is not named Spielman so they actually signed an upgrade, Hudson)

Which allowed AZ to dump their below average C on yard-saler Rick.

---------------

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
1h
It's sure sounding to me like the #Vikings are looking for Mason Cole to battle well for a starting guard job. They're paying $2,151,750 to him plus $31,250 workout bonus. The likes of Dakota Dozier and Brett Jones have made and will continue to make half that.

----------------

It sure smells like another lowball throw at the OL.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 3/25/2021 5:56:32 PM >
Post #: 806
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/25/2021 6:06:52 PM   
The Happy Norseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

You make it sound like they have upgraded from decent to better.

They upgraded the position because it needed to be upgraded (and their GM is not named Spielman so they actually signed an upgrade, Hudson)

Which allowed AZ to dump their below average C on yard-saler Rick.

---------------

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
1h
It's sure sounding to me like the #Vikings are looking for Mason Cole to battle well for a starting guard job. They're paying $2,151,750 to him plus $31,250 workout bonus. The likes of Dakota Dozier and Brett Jones have made and will continue to make half that.

----------------

It sure smells like another lowball throw at the OL.

If that's true, RS is going to be looking for work next year. Only Spielman would sign a BACKUP center to compete for a STARTING position at guard. What a fiasco....

If the Cubs can win the World Series...
Post #: 807
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/25/2021 7:40:25 PM   
Pager

In a vacuum I like this trade, 6th rounder isn't a high price and no guarantees for salary. If this is our only move before the draft I f****** hate it.

Go get Turner on a 1 year prove it deal, draft someone and have an ACTUAL competition in training camp. Fire Dennison too.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 808
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/25/2021 8:32:20 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Fresh reports are coming out that the Vikings are considering Geno Atkins, who of course has Zimmer ties back in Cincy.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 809
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/25/2021 8:53:08 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Doogie is reporting that the Vikings are targeting a tackle (maybe Atikins, but he won't say) and an edge rusher, but that the money doesn't work yet. He goes on to say that the edge rusher is "one of the better edge rushers out there".

Doogie told me directly that the edge rushers are not Ingram or Clowney. Who are we left outside of them? Okafor?

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 3/25/2021 9:14:05 PM >

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 810
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/25/2021 9:02:34 PM   
Tom Sykes

We have to stop splurging on the OL so we can add more DTs.
Post #: 811
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/25/2021 9:17:49 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

We have to stop splurging on the OL so we can add more DTs.

I don't know how much Atkins will command at is he 33? If he's going to be a backup, and this is 2021, the year of the reduced salary cap, then perhaps the Vikings are trying to get him on the cheap, but it sounds like he wants more than that. Maybe incentives will be offered with a little bit more upfront.

Post #: 812
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/25/2021 10:49:06 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Doogie is reporting that the Vikings are targeting a tackle (maybe Atikins, but he won't say) and an edge rusher, but that the money doesn't work yet. He goes on to say that the edge rusher is "one of the better edge rushers out there".

Doogie told me directly that the edge rushers are not Ingram or Clowney. Who are we left outside of them? Okafor?

Why didn't he just tell you who it is?
Post #: 813
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 2:50:55 AM   
odin

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Why didn't he just tell you who it is?

He said on a podcast that telling who it is would make the source very obvious to the team.
Post #: 814
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 5:08:45 AM   
Bruce Johnson

He wants to keep and protect the relationship to his source so that he can secure more information for the future.

Post #: 815
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 5:11:07 AM   
Bruce Johnson

So I'm wondering if the player could be Okafor or Ansah. (Ziggy)

Post #: 816
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 6:37:43 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Y’all going to hate me but going through some mason cole film and he just looks so unnatural at center, his guard tape is much more fluid with technique and anchor tho the sample size is limited. I think he could be a forrest lamp level player.

(Deshawn Vaughan on Twitter)

He could be a better guard than center. He was a third round pick after playing guard in college. Worth a try.

Post #: 817
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 7:35:11 AM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

WE GOT HIM!!!

Chris Tomasson@christomasson
#Vikings acquiring Mason Cole, who was Arizona's starting center last season, for a sixth-round pick.

Chris Tomasson@christomasson
New #Vikings offensive lineman Mason Cole also can play guard. Last year, Pro Football Focus ranked him No. 31 out of 36 NFL centers while Garrett Bradbury was No. 25.

It's starting to look like Rick's goal is to get Cousins killed by midseason.

It hasn't worked yet, though he's tried his damnedest. KC is a tough MF'er.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 818
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 8:50:47 AM   
Bill Johanesen

At the end of the day we were destined to be bit players in free agency. Fallout from the spending sprees. Surprised we got what we did.

Next year, Cousins cap hit increases from $31 million to $45 million, about the same as the next three contracts (Hunter, Theilen, Hendricks) combined!
Post #: 819
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 8:53:41 AM   
bohumm

quote:

He wants to keep and protect the relationship to his source so that he can secure more information for the future.

If there's one guy and they'd know his source if he revealed the guy--and apparently be mad about the disclosure--then they know now. Hate to break it to Doogie, but the team knows who his source is now---if the source is right.
Post #: 820
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 9:02:00 AM   
Bill Johanesen

More fun, next year Cousins cap hit is the same as the following combined:

Cook
Pierce
Tomlinson
Jefferson
Ham
Gladney
Irv Smith
Cleveland
Dantzler
Mattison
Post #: 821
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 9:09:14 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

At the end of the day we were destined to be bit players in free agency. Fallout from the spending sprees. Surprised we got what we did.

Next year, Cousins cap hit increases from $31 million to $45 million, about the same as the next three contracts (Hunter, Theilen, Hendricks) combined!

The Vikings are banking on a huge jump in the salary cap after next season.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 822
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 9:10:58 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Wow, the intrigue and secrecy over a mystery mid-tier FA DE that if signed will, sadly, probably start.

Contract:
2 years, 10 million, 5 million guaranteed

2021 Stat Line:
G/GS: 15/14
4.5 sacks, 11 pressures, 47 tackles (22 solo), 2 fumble recoveries, 1 FF, 1 PD

PFF Grade: 68.2
Post #: 823
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 9:17:57 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

guess the cap will go way way up next year to soften the blow. The new TV deals are very lucrative.

I think owners know this and that is part of the reason the Cowboys gave Dak big money.
Post #: 824
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 9:24:47 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

guess the cap will go way way up next year to soften the blow. The new TV deals are very lucrative.

I think owners know this and that is part of the reason the Cowboys gave Dak big money.

Revenues still hinge heavily on whether they can open up the stadiums to fans this fall.

I assume this won't be an issue but none of us know for sure.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 825
Page:   <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Free Agency 2021 Page: <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode