Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Free Agency 2021

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Free Agency 2021 Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 9:31:13 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Most of the NFL money is from the broadcast rights. They have been working new deals.

March 18th:

The National Football League announced today that it has signed long-term agreements with media partners Amazon, CBS, ESPN/ABC, FOX, and NBC for the distribution of NFL games, the industry's most valuable content, over television and digital platforms, as well as additional media rights.

With these agreements, the NFL has expanded its digital footprint to reach a broader audience while maintaining its commitment to keep all NFL games on over-the-air television. The new agreements will begin with the 2023 season and run through the 2033 season.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 3/26/2021 9:33:29 AM >
Post #: 826
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 9:35:12 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Most of the NFL money is from the broadcast rights. They have been working new deals.

March 18th:

The National Football League announced today that it has signed long-term agreements with media partners Amazon, CBS, ESPN/ABC, FOX, and NBC for the distribution of NFL games, the industry's most valuable content, over television and digital platforms, as well as additional media rights.

With these agreements, the NFL has expanded its digital footprint to reach a broader audience while maintaining its commitment to keep all NFL games on over-the-air television. The new agreements will begin with the 2023 season and run through the 2033 season.

The new broadcast deal is $113billion over 11 years. Roughly twice the value of the current deal.

Plus, if the league adds a 17th game to the regular season, the players' share of the deal increases. The Vikings are banking hard on this fact. That's why they have been converting base salary to signing bonuses.

< Message edited by TJSweens -- 3/26/2021 9:37:40 AM >

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 827
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 9:46:24 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

So I'm wondering if the player could be Okafor or Ansah. (Ziggy)

I'd go with Justin Houston or Kerrigan. 2 yr. deal at most.
Post #: 828
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 11:58:10 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

I'm not a great Houston or Kerrigan mind. (Actually, I never heard of either. ) I don't think I will read up about them unless we acquire them, though. I guess I don't get into free agency as much as the draft.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 829
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 12:17:13 PM   
ronhextall

49ers just acquired the Miami Dolphins #3 overall pick.

that's how you do it.

You want something, you go get it.
Post #: 830
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 12:19:31 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm not a great Houston or Kerrigan mind. (Actually, I never heard of either. ) I don't think I will read up about them unless we acquire them, though. I guess I don't get into free agency as much as the draft.

They are a little past their prime but would be good part time players (splitting time with Wonnum).
Post #: 831
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 12:29:36 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

that's how you do it.

What would it take to get Sewell?

If it's a 3rd and a 4th, do it.

If you have to trade a future 1st rounder, pass.
Post #: 832
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 1:01:39 PM   
Bill Jandro

Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the 49ers will send two 2021 draft picks, including the No. 12 selection and a third-rounder (No. 102 overall), along with first-round picks in 2022 and 2023 to Miami.

The Dolphins didn't hold onto the San Francisco's top pick for very long. The Philadelphia Eagles announced they have acquired the No. 12 pick, as well as a fourth-rounder (No. 123) and a 2022 first-round pick, from Miami for picks No. 6 and 156 in 2021.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 833
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 1:07:00 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

quote:

that's how you do it.

I bet the 49ers are looking at one of the qb's. Maybe Wilson? I think Jimmy Gorgeous is going to be somewhere else pretty soon.
Post #: 834
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 1:11:56 PM   
Bill Jandro

If the Bengels don't take Sewell at #5 he could be in play at #6 with Miami. Although they're also rumored to be targeting one of the top wr's as well.

But I don't see all 3 (Sewell, Slater, & Darrisaw) all being off the board at 14. One should slip to us. I'm just afraid Zim will demand a DE at the pick.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 835
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 1:16:44 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

If the Bengels don't take Sewell at #5 he could be in play at #6 with Miami. Although they're also rumored to be targeting one of the top wr's as well.

But I don't see all 3 (Sewell, Slater, & Darrisaw) all being off the board at 14. One should slip to us. I'm just afraid Zim will demand a DE at the pick.

Don't forget Vera Tucker being among those available guys. He could be an instant starter inside for us.
Post #: 836
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 1:28:09 PM   
geoffrey greitzer

any ideas of cousins going somewhere else have now ended.

I believe interior OL is more important now for QB play. This has to be addressed. You can roll away from pressure. Up the gut you are screwed. And cousins is hardly a magician back there.

Missing the second round pick has put this team in a bind.

I'm in the camp of trading down, unless a dream player is available. I am at a loss who the Vikings are targeting for next FA signing. I am also not sold on Orlando Brown, what would it cost and is he a good fit
Post #: 837
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 1:58:57 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

March 18th:

The new broadcast deal is $113billion over 11 years. Roughly twice the value of the current deal.

Plus, if the league adds a 17th game to the regular season, the players' share of the deal increases. The Vikings are banking hard on this fact. That's why they have been converting base salary to signing bonuses.

Pat Kirwan on Moving the Chains thinks the salary cap is going to be $375M by 2025.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 838
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 2:10:14 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: geoffrey greitzer

any ideas of cousins going somewhere else have now ended.

I believe interior OL is more important now for QB play. This has to be addressed. You can roll away from pressure. Up the gut you are screwed. And cousins is hardly a magician back there.

Missing the second round pick has put this team in a bind.

I'm in the camp of trading down, unless a dream player is available. I am at a loss who the Vikings are targeting for next FA signing. I am also not sold on Orlando Brown, what would it cost and is he a good fit

They still have 7 picks in the first 4 rounds and 10 over all. The Vikings should be able to move into the second round without trading back with their first round pick.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 839
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 2:12:02 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Miami's starting assets related to the trades were #3, 123.
Miami's ending assets are #6, 102, 156, SF 2023 1st round pick.

Don't know which first round pick Miami dealt to Philly so the above just deletes the SF 2022 1st rounder from both trades.

Value charts become more and more worthless as the rounds progress past #96 due to all the comp picks, and there isn't a value on a pick one or two years out. But I think Miami did well, mainly due to the front end of that set of trades.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 3/26/2021 2:21:06 PM >
Post #: 840
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 2:17:05 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

that's how you do it.

To get to 6 overall you have to give up way more than a 3rd and 4th. While the just concluded trade from 12 to 6 isn't any sort of standard, look at what that cost.

You really have to pay to get into the rare air of the draft.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 3/26/2021 2:26:46 PM >
Post #: 841
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 2:26:10 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

Don't forget Vera Tucker being among those available guys. He could be an instant starter inside for us.

Agree Joe,

He would be a massive upgrade for us inside, with flex-ability to move outside if ever needed.
Post #: 842
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 2:32:04 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

quote:

Agree Joe,

He would be a massive upgrade for us inside, with flex-ability to move outside if ever needed.

Hyperbole run amuck. For a tackle, Vera-Tucker has T-Rex arms. He is a short-limbed battler suitable for the proverbial "works best in a phone booth".

Might be the best G in this draft, but he is still a second tier G.
Post #: 843
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 3:03:57 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Agree Joe,

Hyperbole run amuck. For a tackle, Vera-Tucker has T-Rex arms. He is a short-limbed battler suitable for the proverbial "works best in a phone booth".

I think he's the best oline prospect in this draft, but you don't. That's totally cool. Agree to disagree. The kid from Wisconsin Whitewater looked really good in drills at the Senior Bowl. Might be an interesting third round pick?

< Message edited by joejitsu -- 3/26/2021 3:06:38 PM >
Post #: 844
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 3:05:44 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Agree Joe,

I think he's the best oline prospect in this draft, but you don't. That's totally cool. Agree to disagree. The kid from Wisconsin Whitewater looked really good in drills at the Senior Bowl. Might be an interesting third round pick?
Post #: 845
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 3:08:00 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Agree Joe,

So you disagree that he would be a massive upgrade for us inside?
And you're saying he has no business playing Tackle in a pinch because of his short arms?

Or are you just having "Bill-J" fun arguing with a straw-man?
Post #: 846
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 3:09:20 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Agree Joe,

Maybe Sewell is better, but both would be big upgrades to our line.
Post #: 847
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 3:13:16 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Agree Joe,

So you disagree that he would be a massive upgrade for us inside?
And you're saying he has no business playing Tackle in a pinch because of his short arms?

Or are you just having "Bill-J" fun arguing with a straw-man?

I took your words about moving outside "if ever needed" to include long-term. Because that is how our OL rolls. But in a pinch, sure.

But overall I say there are better options, including a trade down.

Continue with your idle speculation.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 3/26/2021 3:17:35 PM >
Post #: 848
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 3:15:04 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Agree Joe,

I definitely disagree about Aloe Vera being the best oline prospect, or second behind Sewell. Yep, agree to disagree.
Post #: 849
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/26/2021 3:19:57 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Agree Joe,

Depends on if his T-rex arms are just real short like two pinball flippers spaced too far apart or are they horribly short and useless like two appendixes sticking out of his body? Does he have plenty of sand in his pants?

Not sold on Vera-Tucker at 14.
Post #: 850
Page:   <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Free Agency 2021 Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode