Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Free Agency 2021

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Free Agency 2021 Page: <<   < prev  37 38 [39] 40 41   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/31/2021 10:48:14 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Blythe to the Chiefs. Probably explains the Dozier signing. Not that it makes the Dozier signing smart - I'm guessing they thought they'd better at least get SOMEBODY. As in some body.

Well then their preparation skills suck.

In no scenario should Signing Dozier be in any backup plan.

Almost this entire offseason has been about shoring up the defense. If the Draft continues that trend then Zimmer and Speilman should be out the door as soon as we lose in Week 18.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 951
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/31/2021 10:50:55 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Relax...they have 90 signed players by TC. Signing Dozier now doesn't mean we won't cut him later.

Based on his performance, he shouldn't even be given an opportunity to compete for a job. He was THE WORST starting offensive lineman in football last year. Allowing him to start all 16 games defied logic. Bringing him back in any capacity is just bat shit insane.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 952
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/31/2021 10:54:37 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

Relax...they have 90 signed players by TC. Signing Dozier now doesn't mean we won't cut him later.

Based on his performance, he shouldn't even be given an opportunity to compete for a job. He was THE WORST starting offensive lineman in football last year. Allowing him to start all 16 games defied logic. Bringing him back in any capacity is just bat shit insane.

Neither Dozier nor Samia deserve to be on an NFL roster

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 953
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/31/2021 11:10:37 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

I’m pretty sure that the DT’s and DE’s on our opposition schedule, are all laughing into their hands and checking for possible contract bonus money for sacks and pressures..

Swinging dooorzier is back in Minnesota, with a QB statue with zero peripheral vision or ability to look off his primary target, and lightning quick release, back pedals at about 2 yards per minute...

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 954
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/31/2021 11:39:11 AM   
Hats4Bats

Need Wyatt Davis, Alex Leatherwood, and /or Deonte Brown for sure (two out of three)

Hats for Bats - - Keep Bats warm
Post #: 955
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/31/2021 11:41:23 AM   
Hats4Bats

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

Blythe to the Chiefs. Probably explains the Dozier signing. Not that it makes the Dozier signing smart - I'm guessing they thought they'd better at least get SOMEBODY. As in some body.

Almost this entire offseason has been about shoring up the defense. If the Draft continues that trend then Zimmer and Speilman should be out the door as soon as we lose in Week 18.

Amen brother... no more free passes for these two!~

Post #: 956
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/31/2021 11:42:24 AM   
Hats4Bats

Spielman is SOOOO arrogant when it comes to the OL. Sickening really...

Post #: 957
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/31/2021 11:56:50 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

That means not on ANY roster out of 32 teams! Yes. They are so bad that Spielman should be fired for just allowing them to practice on the field. The NFL should fine him 25 million dollars for making such a poor decision to the detriment of the league.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 3/31/2021 11:57:53 AM >

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 958
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/31/2021 12:09:43 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hats4Bats

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

If you are upset with the signing of Dozier, you will appreciate this. He doesn't mince words even suggesting that Spielman should be fired if this is the plan.

By the way, Rick Dennison is the worst offensive line coach in NFL history.

I'm pissed.

https://youtu.be/_Jvp4cSp3t4

Best Rant EVER!

2 steps forward 9,000 steps back is my FAVORITE LINE!

It was a pretty epic rant. But, I think he was just voicing the frustration of much of our fan base. The front office keeps stepping on rakes when it comes to building a semicompetent offensive line.
Post #: 959
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/31/2021 12:12:24 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

quote:

If you are upset with the signing of Dozier, you will appreciate this. He doesn't mince words even suggesting that Spielman should be fired if this is the plan.

I'm pissed.

Best Rant EVER!

It was a pretty epic rant. But, I think he was just voicing the frustration of much of our fan base. The front office keeps stepping on rakes when it comes to building a semicompetent offensive line.

Is the master plan to make the playoffs and win the Super Bowl with a whole bunch of scores like 7-3, 6-3, 10-7, 10-3, 13-10 (SHOOTOUT!), and 3-0?

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 960
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/31/2021 12:15:36 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm pissed.

Best Rant EVER!

Is the master plan to make the playoffs and win the Super Bowl with a whole bunch of scores like 7-3, 6-3, 10-7, 10-3, 13-10 (SHOOTOUT!), and 3-0?

Vintage 70's football. Let's all hope we draft some stout inside olinemen in the first couple rounds of the draft. Cousins will have combat fatigue by week 5 if we don't.
Post #: 961
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/31/2021 12:21:22 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm pissed.

Best Rant EVER!

Vintage 70's football. Let's all hope we draft some stout inside olinemen in the first couple rounds of the draft. Cousins will have combat fatigue by week 5 if we don't.

I'm not even joking when I say we should draft O-line with five of our picks with three of them being 4th rounders or better.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 962
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/31/2021 12:21:27 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That means not on ANY roster out of 32 teams! Yes. They are so bad that Spielman should be fired for just allowing them to practice on the field. The NFL should fine him 25 million dollars for making such a poor decision to the detriment of the league.

Sarcasm noted.

The issue is not the bad decision – it is the continuation of bad decisions in a sub-par talent approach to addressing the OL.

It is an approach that simply limits how well you can do in the playoffs no matter how well the other parts perform.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 3/31/2021 12:23:19 PM >
Post #: 963
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/31/2021 12:35:29 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

The offense is Top 10-15.

Defense was bottom 5.

Let's wait until May/June before we rip the OLine.
Post #: 964
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/31/2021 12:42:07 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Brucer, making funnies!
Post #: 965
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/31/2021 1:06:51 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

Defense was bottom 5.

with a good Oline the offense would have been top 5. So far this offseason we resigned the single worst G in the NFL last year. traded for another team's castoff and let our best Olineman go. This unit is now worse than it was last season. They are treating it like they really don't give a shit about it.

Defense was bad largely because three of it's best players missed time. one guy we were going to count on opted out. Barr out for most of the year. Hunter out all year. Kendricks missed last few games. Plus we were forced to start rookies at CB most of the season. a lot of the problems here could be solved by the guys that didn't play playing. Not saying some attention shouldn't be given here but nearly all attention has been spent here.

and if the OLine isn't a primary focus in the draft, Zimmer and Speilman need to go.

A glaringly bad unit gets no attention?

Please.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 966
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/31/2021 2:51:30 PM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

Defense was bottom 5.

with a good Oline the offense would have been top 5. So far this offseason we resigned the single worst G in the NFL last year. traded for another team's castoff and let our best Olineman go. This unit is now worse than it was last season. They are treating it like they really don't give a shit about it.

Defense was bad largely because three of it's best players missed time. one guy we were going to count on opted out. Barr out for most of the year. Hunter out all year. Kendricks missed last few games. Plus we were forced to start rookies at CB most of the season. a lot of the problems here could be solved by the guys that didn't play playing. Not saying some attention shouldn't be given here but nearly all attention has been spent here.

and if the OLine isn't a primary focus in the draft, Zimmer and Speilman need to go.

A glaringly bad unit gets no attention?

Please.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 967
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/31/2021 3:02:11 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Here's the bright side. I always try to look at things the more optimistic way. Well, this one burned me so much I went off, but there's this:

Dakota Dozier’s deal with the #Vikings is for the veteran minimum ($1.075 million), with no signing bonus and no guaranteed money.

Ben Goessling on Twitter

I tried to be positive. Then I see this and I'm going to get negative again.

@MatthewColler
If Dozier makes the team he’ll be making more than Blythe’s base. No Clue if Blythe’s incentives are Likely or unlikely to be earned so maybe he makes more. But still WHAT ARE YOU DOING RICK

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 3/31/2021 3:04:32 PM >

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 968
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/31/2021 4:50:37 PM   
Tom Sykes

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·2h

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said they still have "some holes" on offense but there's still time to get some good players. He said the defense was "barren" and that they had to initially address that. Said the signings have gotten him "rejuvenated"

-----

Well ... that's about as straightforward as you're going to get. Unfortunately ...

Spielman: Oh, I thought you meant a #3 WR, back-up QB and a #3 TE ... Starting Guards? Before the draft? What exactly do you mean by that?
Post #: 969
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/31/2021 6:23:51 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Here's the bright side. I always try to look at things the more optimistic way. Well, this one burned me so much I went off, but there's this:

Dakota Dozier’s deal with the #Vikings is for the veteran minimum ($1.075 million), with no signing bonus and no guaranteed money.

Ben Goessling on Twitter

I tried to be positive. Then I see this and I'm going to get negative again.

@MatthewColler
If Dozier makes the team he’ll be making more than Blythe’s base. No Clue if Blythe’s incentives are Likely or unlikely to be earned so maybe he makes more. But still WHAT ARE YOU DOING RICK

So the 6 year veteran Blythe's base salary is less than the vet minimum?
Post #: 970
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 4/1/2021 9:06:01 AM   
Every podcast, video, preseason rag, and all forms of Minnesota Vikings conjecture on the upcoming 2021 season had reached a peak in the winding down of free agency after the signing of Tomlinson, Peterson, Alexander, and Woods (all defenders) after the overriding opinion was they had to improve the OLine, and improve the likes of severely substandard players like Dakota, Dru Samia, and Pat Elflein. What do the Vikings do? Sign Dakota Dozier.

Say what you want about it not mattering because they can waive him with no guarantees, nothing gained nothing lost. Right? WRONG! The optics are terrible. Miss on every possible FA upgrade out there, then sign back one of the reasons your in this very predicament.

As bad as their patching back together even an average OLine has been, there public relations coupled with the timing of this signing is really poor.
  Post #: 971
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 4/1/2021 9:45:04 AM   
David F.

quote:

Every podcast, video, preseason rag, and all forms of Minnesota Vikings conjecture on the upcoming 2021 season had reached a peak in the winding down of free agency after the signing of Tomlinson, Peterson, Alexander, and Woods (all defenders) after the overriding opinion was they had to improve the OLine, and improve the likes of severely substandard players like Dakota, Dru Samia, and Pat Elflein. What do the Vikings do? Sign Dakota Dozier.

Say what you want about it not mattering because they can waive him with no guarantees, nothing gained nothing lost. Right? WRONG! The optics are terrible. Miss on every possible FA upgrade out there, then sign back one of the reasons your in this very predicament.

As bad as their patching back together even an average OLine has been, there public relations coupled with the timing of this signing is really poor.

This offseason was constructed with one thing in mind - job security.

Zimmer: Look at that top 10 defense!

Spielman: Coach wanted defenders so I got him defenders!

Both of them: Well what are you gonna do when so-and-so gets hurt? (when inevitably a starter or two gets hurt like EVERY team EVERY year.)

Post #: 972
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 4/1/2021 10:03:20 AM   
Todd M

We'll be in a lot better shape after the draft. Possibly
grab a released vet FA later as well.
Post #: 973
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 4/1/2021 10:06:32 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

This offseason was constructed with one thing in mind - job security.

Zimmer: Look at that top 10 defense!

Spielman: Coach wanted defenders so I got him defenders!

Both of them: Well what are you gonna do when so-and-so gets hurt? (when inevitably a starter or two gets hurt like EVERY team EVERY year.)

Yep. That pair has the excuses down to a T. After five years, savvy owners would say we've heard enough of your BS and fire them. Instead, the Wilfs gauge success on getting a new stadium built.
Post #: 974
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 4/1/2021 10:26:22 AM   
David Levine

quote:

He said the defense was "barren" and that they had to initially address that.

Seriously?

Getting Hunter, Pierce and Barr back was "barren"?

Does he have so little faith in his two 2nd year CBs that our "defense was "barren"'?

I swear if the guy needs 11 All-Pros and/or 1st round picks to maintain his "defensive guru" status, then the Emperor truly has no clothes.
Post #: 975
Page:   <<   < prev  37 38 [39] 40 41   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Free Agency 2021 Page: <<   < prev  37 38 [39] 40 41   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode