Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2021 6:06:48 PM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

Arizona is 6-0 and we had them beat.

WE LET'EM OFF THE DAMN HOOK!
Post #: 576
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2021 6:18:41 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

WE LET'EM OFF THE DAMN HOOK!

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 577
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2021 7:08:49 PM   
Ricky J

For the fourth time in six weeks, the Vikings needed Kirk Cousins to put them in position for a game-tying or game-winning field goal at the end of the fourth quarter.

https://www.startribune.com/vikings-win-overtime-panthers-k-j-osborn-kirk-cousins-greg-joseph-mike-zimmer/600107505/
Post #: 578
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2021 7:30:58 PM   
Ricky J

Ben Goessling
@GoesslingStrib 1h
Before today, Kirk Cousins had attempted 30 passes with the #Vikings tied or trailing by eight points or less in the final two minutes. No other NFL QB had attempted more than 15.

He was 4/5 for 30 yards on the Vikings’ 2-min drive today. In OT, he was 5/5 for 50 yards and a TD.

- can we get Brad to comment on this one?
Post #: 579
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2021 8:54:40 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Ben Goessling
@GoesslingStrib 1h
Before today, Kirk Cousins had attempted 30 passes with the #Vikings tied or trailing by eight points or less in the final two minutes. No other NFL QB had attempted more than 15.

He was 4/5 for 30 yards on the Vikings’ 2-min drive today. In OT, he was 5/5 for 50 yards and a TD.

I'd love to see what he could do in a real NFL offense that doesn't always run predictably when tied or with the lead. Feels like we handcuff the offense more than any other team in the league by far!
Post #: 580
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2021 9:12:32 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

Burns got Darrisaw once(Kirk 20 yard run) but he looks the part. Athletic and just engulfs DEs.

Agreed... looks very solid.

I think he has some work to do on footwork and assignments, however, he does NOT get overpowered.

I'd actually say he may look like our best lineman out there.

I know a lot of people are high on O'Neil... but he has trouble with anchor at times as well.

Could be tough for Udoh going forward. Officials get a scouting report and just key in on those guys, even if another guy is just tackling guys.

Time to get Davis in there

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 581
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2021 9:28:01 PM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Burns got Darrisaw once(Kirk 20 yard run) but he looks the part. Athletic and just engulfs DEs.

I think he has some work to do on footwork and assignments, however, he does NOT get overpowered.

I know a lot of people are high on O'Neil... but he has trouble with anchor at times as well.

Could be tough for Udoh going forward. Officials get a scouting report and just key in on those guys, even if another guy is just tackling guys.

The upgrade of OL play when Darrisaw stepped in seemed big to me.

I have no idea if Davis is an upgrade... but if he does manage to be as good as some of us imagined when he was drafted it could really solidify this line.

How awesome would that be?
Post #: 582
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2021 9:35:46 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

For Bradbury.

Udoh too big and athletic to sit on bench.
Post #: 583
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2021 10:19:30 PM   
marty

2 weeks in a row of the Vikings playing winning team football, or WTF.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 584
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2021 11:03:20 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

The team is winning DESPITE the ineptitude of the head coach to get a solid defensive performance, and play with guts and killer instinct with a lead.

Giving up an 11 point lead, when getting possession of the ball with Just over 6 minutes left to play is inexcusable.

Allowing a team to go 96 yards with essentially one time out + the Two minute warning, including completing a 4 th down throw for 40 + yards from the 4 yard line is beyond the pale of shitty coaching..

Zimmer is incompetent.

Our schedule does not get any easier.

The collapse is inevitable.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 585
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2021 11:10:50 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

The team is winning DESPITE the ineptitude of the head coach to get a solid defensive performance, and play with guts and killer instinct with a lead.

Giving up an 11 point lead, when getting possession of the ball with Just over 6 minutes left to play is inexcusable.

Allowing a team to go 96 yards with essentially one time out + the Two minute warning, including completing a 4 th down throw for 40 + yards from the 4 yard line is beyond the pale of shitty coaching..

Zimmer is incompetent.

Our schedule does not get any easier.

The collapse is inevitable.

Regadless of the final drive, the defense was good tonight. Prior to the last drive, the defense was pretty stellar. But yes, they should never have been in that position.

< Message edited by thebigo -- 10/17/2021 11:12:53 PM >
Post #: 586
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2021 11:15:39 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

For Bradbury.

Yes, he just needs a little more time to get more familiar with the guard position.
Post #: 587
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2021 1:12:21 AM   
ratoppenheimer

with our last three possessions in regulation zimmer played for a field goal in each, and refused to get us close to make it easier...when zimmer puts the clamps on the offense or defense we crumble - all of these 'safe' offensive plays to go nowhere and just kill the clock for a 50 yarder - zimmer is killing this team and its fans....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 588
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2021 8:40:00 AM   
ratoppenheimer

Courtney Cronin@CourtneyRCronin
Reactions on the way 4 of 6 games have come down to the wire for the Vikings and the emotional/physical toll it’s taking .

Zimmer: “I’m worn out.”

Cousins: “I’m spent.”

Kendricks: “I’m exhausted with it.”

Daniel Lee Young: "Zimmer is incompetent. My collapse is inevitable."

KJ Osborn just walked into the press conference with the game ball after scoring the game-winning TD in overtime. It’s the second time he’s gotten a game ball this season.

Crazy to think that after the way the first half went, the Vikings put up 571 yards of offense in their 34-28 OT win at Carolina, the third-highest single-game output in franchise history per Zimmer on what happened onPanthers' final drive of regulation: "We had them fourth-and-10 at the 4, and they went spread and hit one down the middle. We didn’t line up very good on that one particular play. I would anticipate my guys being a little bit smarter in that situation."

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 589
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2021 8:44:07 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

For Bradbury.

Yes, he just needs a little more time to get more familiar with the guard position.

Hasn't Udoh been getting reps at both guard and tackle since we drafted him?

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 590
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2021 9:01:30 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Ben Goessling
@GoesslingStrib 1h

Cousins has run very efficient and effective two minute drills in every game this year. On a couple the kicker ****ed it all up.

Brad, who couldn't shut the **** up about how bad KC was in the 2 minute drill, has been remarkably silent about it since the season started.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 591
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2021 9:03:31 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Yeah....all the pundits are gushing about them.

And they are just a few plays away from being 3-3 on the year. They haven't lost yet but they are no juggernaut.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 592
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2021 9:20:14 AM   
Steve Lentz

Kirk threw for 373 yards and 3 touchdowns against the league's top-ranked pass defense.
Offense looked good.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 593
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2021 9:56:06 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

Kirk threw for 373 yards and 3 touchdowns against the league's top-ranked pass defense.
Offense looked good.

He really did.

Zimmer better let him sling it around the next several games because they will not win with FG and grinding it out.
Post #: 594
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2021 10:25:49 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

For Bradbury.

Hasn't Udoh been getting reps at both guard and tackle since we drafted him?

Probably, but it's really been mostly right tackle
Post #: 595
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2021 11:12:34 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Ben Goessling
@GoesslingStrib 1h

Cousins has run very efficient and effective two minute drills in every game this year. On a couple the kicker ****ed it all up.

Brad, who couldn't shut the **** up about how bad KC was in the 2 minute drill, has been remarkably silent about it since the season started.

I'll play devil's advocate. Overtime isn't the last two minutes of a half and how many points did we score while going four of five for 30 yards yesterday?

Disclaimer - Kirk has been mostly excellent this season. Second disclaimer - in the past he was very poor in the final two minutes of halves.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 596
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2021 11:14:53 AM   
marty

I like that the Vikings are just going for FGs, not attempting tries at TDs on those situations, which sets it up for late season, and in the playoffs, where teams will be surprised that the Vikings are going for the endzone in those same scenarios.

< Message edited by marty -- 10/18/2021 11:25:01 AM >

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 597
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2021 11:24:08 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

Ben Goessling
@GoesslingStrib 1h

Recapping Cousins OT and the the last two and even one minute or less mark performances.
Game winning drive against the undefeated AZ Cards, blown by short missed FG. Game winning drive in regulation against Carolina blown by missed medium FG, What would have almost certainly been a game winning drive against Cinci stopped by phantom fumble call, game tying drive against Cinci in regulation, game winning drive against the Lions with 37 seconds remaining. Game winning drive in OT against the Panthers. This is unprecedented clutch performance in late game situations over a 6 game span in NFL history.
Did I forget one?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 598
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2021 11:27:50 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I like that the Vikings are just going for FGs, not attempting tries at TDs on those situations, which sets it up for late season, and in the playoffs, where teams will be surprised that the Vikings are going for the endzone in those same scenarios.

Seriously?
Post #: 599
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2021 11:29:41 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ben Goessling
@GoesslingStrib 1h

Recapping Cousins OT and the the last two and even one minute or less mark performances.
Game winning drive against the undefeated AZ Cards, blown by short missed FG. Game winning drive in regulation against Carolina blown by missed medium FG, What would have almost certainly been a game winning drive against Cinci stopped by phantom fumble call, game tying drive against Cinci in regulation, game winning drive against the Lions with 37 seconds remaining. Game winning drive in OT against the Panthers. This is unprecedented clutch performance in late game situations over a 6 game span in NFL history.
Did I forget one?

Well the Browns game sure was a stinker. After the first drive the entire team looked lost.
Post #: 600
Page:   <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode