Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  264 265 [266] 267 268   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2022 1:53:51 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethesports/vikings/former-vikings-coordinator-allegedly-referred-to-mike-zimmer-as-satan

My money is on Norv Turner.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 6626
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2022 2:02:31 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethesports/vikings/former-vikings-coordinator-allegedly-referred-to-mike-zimmer-as-satan

My money is on Norv Turner.

Zim even kind of looks like Satan in that pic

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 6627
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2022 2:05:37 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

Referencing the cap, Kwesi says "I'll continue to say that every NFL team has challenges."

OK, technically that's accurate depending on how "challenges" is defined. But really, that's a BS statement.

M first thought is, "Of course, you have to pay for a QB."
And you always have to pay the big bucks to some others as well ... but Kirk isnt even in the top 10 anymore according to a tweet from Spotrac i saw this morning. But of course it's challenging, thats why we hired you

He has a lot of dead cap where he will be paid but not on the roster.

Try adding all the money he will be paid and divide it by the number of years remaining on the contract.

Edit: $80 million, which includes $12.5 million he'll get for not being a Viking, over two years.

Ah man ...

Ok, I did a first, I looked up a contract.

Dead cap for the following seasons:
2023 - $48,750
2024 - $12,500
2025 - $0
Post #: 6628
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2022 2:39:33 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Kinda hitting too close to the season. It's time to move forward...it's just kind of eye opening.

It truly is time to put all that bullshit behind us.

Zimmer is gone.

the era is over.

He's never coming back.

SKOL Vikings!!!!

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 6629
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2022 4:09:47 PM   
Ricky J

Yeah but ... there are those who still want to hear Norv's story. Other than that nothing a player can say anymore will surprise us
Post #: 6630
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2022 4:11:44 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

The guy was a terrible coach in this Era. Time to move on. Hopefully we got a good one now.
Post #: 6631
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2022 4:15:03 PM   
Todd M

Closure would be nice though.

Diving into this from March to June would've been alright. And we did.

A think a much nicer story is about to unfold.
Post #: 6632
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2022 4:43:15 PM   
Ricky J

I agree
Or am hopeful anyway
Post #: 6633
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2022 5:11:50 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

Kinda hitting too close to the season. It's time to move forward...it's just kind of eye opening.

i honestly feel that just the changing of in-game manager, Zimmer to o'connell, is worth 3+ wins....

zimmer crumbled last season....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 6634
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2022 7:55:05 PM   
marty

I expect an 0-2 start, but still an 11-6 record.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 6635
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2022 8:04:38 PM   
Ricky J

Am I remembering correctly and 0-2 start years ago and making it to the SB or at least winning the div (and of course beating the Rams in the playoffs)?

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 9/2/2022 11:27:41 PM >
Post #: 6636
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2022 8:07:07 PM   
joejitsu

I can’t stand anonymous sources. Zim was a bully and everyone knows that now. If you have something to say, be a man and put your name on it.
Post #: 6637
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2022 8:16:54 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I expect an 0-2 start, but still an 11-6 record.

You expect us to lose to the Pukers every time we play them. It gets real old.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6638
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2022 9:31:29 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

I can’t stand anonymous sources. Zim was a bully and everyone knows that now. If you have something to say, be a man and put your name on it.

Agreed!
Post #: 6639
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 6:23:02 AM   
marty

I usually expect the Vikings to lose to the Packers, not every time. In '98 I expected to sweep them, and the Favre year I sorta expected to sweep them.

This year I am thinking a split, but am not sure which game the Vikings will win. The first game makes me nervous as many are expecting a Vikings win because of Zed and some other factors. I choose the Packers to win that one, as they get the perceived underdog role, and they have more continuity on the defensive side.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 6640
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 6:23:47 AM   
marty

Here's a funny clip about Kirk and Reagor's first practice:

https://youtu.be/sXUnFcAckJs

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 6641
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 6:25:49 AM   
marty

I remember the 80s when I expected the Vikes to sweep the Packers every year, and was usually disappointed when those chumps would sneak a victory.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 6642
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 8:23:22 AM   
marty

I'd like to dream that ZED gets a crucial sack in a victory week 1, and Reagor catches a game winning TD in week 2.

But those sorts of dreams don't usually come true. Only in 1998 did it seem like just about every victory imagined came through.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 6643
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 9:52:46 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

At the risk of interrupting Marty's incessant packer drivel, Zimmer's intenseness was welcomed after the perceptions of Leslie Frazier.

There are countless examples of coaches getting the maximum from players by tailoring their input... praise, cussing, etc, etc. KOC seems more even keeled but it's too early to know as we haven't played a single game yet (and especially we won't know what goes on internally).

Let's hope KOC can strike the right balance. He seems kinda similar to McVay and the latter has done quite well.
Post #: 6644
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 10:12:32 AM   
marty

At the risk of interrupting Bill's incessant rudeness, here's a positive article on what Reagor could bring to Minnesota, including some clips of some unspectacular QBing at TCU:

https://youtu.be/sXUnFcAckJs

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 6645
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 10:16:34 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I usually expect the Vikings to lose to the Packers, not every time. In '98 I expected to sweep them, and the Favre year I sorta expected to sweep them.

This year I am thinking a split, but am not sure which game the Vikings will win. The first game makes me nervous as many are expecting a Vikings win because of Zed and some other factors. I choose the Packers to win that one, as they get the perceived underdog role, and they have more continuity on the defensive side.

I expect us to win the first game because of the factors that we're the better team and it's at home.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6646
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 10:51:09 AM   
Ricky J

Truth is no one has a clue how that game is going to turn out. Are we all excited and see the possible potential for this team to be real good, yes. And ain't we all a little worried the yearly hype over the Packers may be true but we're hoping it's bs, like we always do?

This first game seems more like, I don't have a clue than most first games with GB to me
Post #: 6647
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 11:24:56 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

At the risk of interrupting Marty's incessant packer drivel, Zimmer's intenseness was welcomed after the perceptions of Leslie Frazier.

There are countless examples of coaches getting the maximum from players by tailoring their input... praise, cussing, etc, etc. KOC seems more even keeled but it's too early to know as we haven't played a single game yet (and especially we won't know what goes on internally).

Let's hope KOC can strike the right balance. He seems kinda similar to McVay and the latter has done quite well.

The arc of the team was very good until Teddy's injury. Then the roller coaster. Not that it was the only variable ... but Zimmer did inject some much needed, hard-nosed curmudgeonry after Frazier's frozen lake approach. (It consumed him in the end, of course).

I think you give a fair assessment of KOC without too much hyperbole. My worry is that he spins his wheels too much trying to empower, collaborate, and team-build. KOC needs to prove that he's smart and decisive ... in big moments. And he's willing to be a jerk to the competition.
Post #: 6648
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 11:40:31 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Truth is no one has a clue how that game is going to turn out. Are we all excited and see the possible potential for this team to be real good, yes. And ain't we all a little worried the yearly hype over the Packers may be true but we're hoping it's bs, like we always do?

This first game seems more like, I don't have a clue than most first games with GB to me

It really is up in the air.

I don't think anybody in their right mind that isn't a vikes fan expects this team to beat the packers. They have a track record, we don't.

Even so, its at home, rival games are hard to predict, and just the adrenaline of players finding themselves in a new upbeat environment could spring us over the top.

I believe we'll be up down the first half of the season trying to find our track but I'm hopeful we shoot out of the gate with a nosebleed.
Post #: 6649
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 11:42:49 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

Agreed!

If it’s Norv he probably can’t say anything if there’s any truth to the story that he punched zim in the face prior to “quitting”.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 6650
Page:   <<   < prev  264 265 [266] 267 268   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  264 265 [266] 267 268   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode