Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 8:05:01 AM   
stfrank

Zimmer ball has pretty much taken away what little fun that was left of watching NFL games.
The past few years I have only been watching Vikings games and now it's all I can do to watch an entire Vikes game thanks to him.
Last night I watched bits and pieces of the game early and then jumped in for the last 2 minutes.
LOL, what a shit show that was. The palace us tax payers built for Ziggy's boys sounded like it was filled with Dallas fans.
And as usual, Zimmer and the team looked like they had not prepared for anything and were just completely lost.
I sure hope Ziggy has seen enough like the rest of us have or they will have start booking more tractor pulls and monster truck rallies to pay off that palace of his........
Post #: 801
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 8:22:01 AM   
bohumm

If the Wilfs don't dump this regime at least at the end of the season, they are horrible owners. They should be embarrassed that they placed so much trust in them. Spielman and Zimmer seem like good people and I get that it's hard to fire people you like, but if you're enough of a gangster to steal money from your business partners because you thought the previous bosses (your uncle and father) made too good of a deal, you're enough of a gangster to stop falling for this lame regime.
Post #: 802
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 8:36:36 AM   
ronhextall

Wanted to get Ben Leber’s take one the game ( I think he is really good ) but those bozos on kfan in the morning are like third grade boys and you get nothing.

Amazing people listen to that crap. Should grow out of fart noise humor by the time you are 12.
Post #: 803
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 8:39:35 AM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Literally every stereotype played out tonight. Prime time kirt, zimmer after bye, zimmer vs teams with winning records, clock management, last two minutes of halves, and surprise back up nobody QBs eating our lunch while doing our girlfriends. Did I miss anything?

Crowd seemed a little quiet tonight(not that they had a lot to cheer about). Too many cocktails?

Seemed like a strong Dallas contingent in the stadium.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 804
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 8:39:39 AM   
Todd M

You don't have to look far beyond the end of the half/game clock management to see what's wrong with this team. It's leader (Zimmer)is clueless with no feel for the game.
Post #: 805
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 8:49:27 AM   
TJSweens

Here is what should happen today

1. Fire Zimmer. It won't change the trajectory of the season, but it is a promise to fans to fix this.

2. Fire Spielman. This overpriced underachieving roster is on him.

3. Have the interim GM conduct a fire sale ahead of the deadline. This thing needs to be blown up.

< Message edited by TJSweens -- 11/1/2021 8:51:06 AM >

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 806
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 8:50:30 AM   
ronhextall

Hire Dallas OC as head coach.
Post #: 807
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 8:52:56 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

You don't have to look far beyond the end of the half/game clock management to see what's wrong with this team. It's leader (Zimmer)is clueless with no feel for the game.

I think even as a defensive coach, the game has passed Zimmer by.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 808
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 8:53:04 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

1. Fire Zimmer. It won't change the trajectory of the season, but it is a promise to fans to fix this.

3. Have the interim GM conduct a fire sale ahead of the deadline. This thing needs to be blown up.

How many hours do you think they gave left to get all that done today?
Post #: 809
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 8:57:06 AM   
Todd M

The last 15 years of Childress/Frazier/Zimmer...rooting for the team to finally break through when they never really had a chance.

Wish we could fire the Wilfs.
Post #: 810
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:00:40 AM   
Todd M

Wonder what draft choice we'll get for a 5-12 record.

Hopefully our new GM can get us a QB to rebuild around.
Post #: 811
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:02:45 AM   
bohumm

quote:

The last 15 years of Childress/Frazier/Zimmer...rooting for the team to finally break through when they never really had a chance.

Wish we could fire the Wilfs.

They spend money on the team and contributed more than most owners to the stadium (though between them and the league it should have been almost all), but other than that they have presided over a middling to poor franchise stuck in the 1950s.
Post #: 812
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:07:39 AM   
ronhextall

Don’t understand why the Wilfs extended either of them. Somebody was going to hire them away?
Post #: 813
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:09:37 AM   
bstinger

Zygi ain't that bright.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 814
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:09:52 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

It's 9:00 AM CST . You do the math.

Post #: 815
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:12:18 AM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's 9:00 AM CST . You do the math.

Not as much about math as reality.

Don't get me wrong...I'm all for the idea...
Post #: 816
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:12:47 AM   
Bill Johanesen

A new GM and HC will want to pretty much blow things up and put their stamp on the team. But with $100 million in bloated, bad contracts at least through next year they will not be able to do that.
Post #: 817
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:13:16 AM   
Murph

Time to clean house, probably a year or two late.

Fire Zimmer and RS.

Trade KC next year. Acquire the best veteran QB for the $. Hire an offensive minded coach and try to develop Mond since this draft is supposedly weak for QB's.

Hindsight is 20/20 but would could have been set up like this if the Wilf's acted sooner:

HC: Stefanski
GM: Patton
QB: Fields on a 5 year rookie deal

< Message edited by Murph -- 11/1/2021 9:14:40 AM >

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 818
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:14:55 AM   
Ush

My $.02 cents:

1. I really don’t know what to say. This may be the worst of many worst games in a while. I thought the Detroit game was bad but we somehow ended up winning. That makes this one worse IMO. So many chances to win. The refs gifted us a 1st and G at about the 5 and we still end up with a FG. I texted my buddy at that time and said “great....now we’ll lost 20-16”.

2. The clock management has been horrible for years. Same coach and QB for a few years and it still happens. Kirk says he leaves the TO’s to the coach. Zimmer can’t even remember that he just called a TO late in the game in a critical situation. The 2 “leaders” of this team really can’t be trusted.

3. It’s time.....lose Cousins, Zimmer and Spielman. Tank the season and start over. Get what you can for guys like Theilen, Harrison and anyone else who is longer in the tooth and won’t be contributing when we are rebuilt in a couple/few years.

4. Our main issue, IMO, is interior line on both sides of the ball. Bradbury gets rag-dolled all game long and Udoh is a penalty machine because he gets beat off the ball so quickly. On defense, we just can’t stop the run. A bad run for the other team is 2-3 yds. A bad run for us is minus 5. That kills our team on both sides of the ball. When the ball is run on 1st down, are always 2nd and 12 while the other team is 2nd and 7. That is the crux of our problem. Spielman tried to fix that problem defensively by signing Pierce and Tomlinson. Barr and Kendricks are back and healthy. How is it that we can’t stop the run?!?

5. We lost to Cooper Rush

6. Knock the ball down Breeland! The 1st time you’re actually in the same area code of the WR all game and it bounces off your chest into the hands of the WR?!?

7. If we had won last night in any kind of decent fashion I would have been yelling to trade for a CB. After that mess, I think we need to start selling off our own guys. This team is going nowhere.

8. Do you think Andy Reid, or any other competent coach, would find a role on offense for Kene Nwangwu? This guy is supposed to be a speedster with good moves and you don’t have a play or 2 for him to work into the offense? His only role last night was to watch kickoffs go over his head. Why even activate him? This team does not use their weapons. Maybe some of Ham’s plays could have gone to him.

9. Of course Hunter goes down the week we “trade” (give away) Weatherly. Saw he recorded a sack too.

10. Barr, Mackenzie and Dantzler have to make that tackle on 3rd down. One of the many reasons we lost that game. I’ve never seen a Vikings team so bad at tackling. Other than maybe Kendricks and Hunter the RB’s/WR’s always get the extra yard or 5 after we hit them. When Dallas was hitting us yesterday we were going backwards. Total opposite when we were hitting guys.
Post #: 819
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:18:52 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

A new GM and HC will want to pretty much blow things up and put their stamp on the team. But with $100 million in bloated, bad contracts at least through next year they will not be able to do that.

Exactly. These clowns were able to screw us because the Wilfs are absolute idiots.
Post #: 820
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:25:15 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

After sleeping on it I still can't believe how "keystone cops" we are. The keystone cops are a well organized buttoned up machine compared to these idiots. Beating the Saints in the playoffs was one of the worst things that could've happened for this franchise.
Post #: 821
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:30:37 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

After sleeping on it I still can't believe how "keystone cops" we are. The keystone cops are a well organized buttoned up machine compared to these idiots. Beating the Saints in the playoffs was one of the worst things that could've happened for this franchise.

It was like the night Josh Freeman was out there.

Compounded by the 'fact' the Cowboys said we are going to come out playing smashmouth football and control the LOS.

They beat Zimmer at his own game.
Post #: 822
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:33:54 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ush

My $.02 cents:

1. I really don’t know what to say. This may be the worst of many worst games in a while. I thought the Detroit game was bad but we somehow ended up winning. That makes this one worse IMO. So many chances to win. The refs gifted us a 1st and G at about the 5 and we still end up with a FG. I texted my buddy at that time and said “great....now we’ll lost 20-16”.

2. The clock management has been horrible for years. Same coach and QB for a few years and it still happens. Kirk says he leaves the TO’s to the coach. Zimmer can’t even remember that he just called a TO late in the game in a critical situation. The 2 “leaders” of this team really can’t be trusted.

3. It’s time.....lose Cousins, Zimmer and Spielman. Tank the season and start over. Get what you can for guys like Theilen, Harrison and anyone else who is longer in the tooth and won’t be contributing when we are rebuilt in a couple/few years.

4. Our main issue, IMO, is interior line on both sides of the ball. Bradbury gets rag-dolled all game long and Udoh is a penalty machine because he gets beat off the ball so quickly. On defense, we just can’t stop the run. A bad run for the other team is 2-3 yds. A bad run for us is minus 5. That kills our team on both sides of the ball. When the ball is run on 1st down, are always 2nd and 12 while the other team is 2nd and 7. That is the crux of our problem. Spielman tried to fix that problem defensively by signing Pierce and Tomlinson. Barr and Kendricks are back and healthy. How is it that we can’t stop the run?!?

6. Knock the ball down Breeland! The 1st time you’re actually in the same area code of the WR all game and it bounces off your chest into the hands of the WR?!?

7. If we had won last night in any kind of decent fashion I would have been yelling to trade for a CB. After that mess, I think we need to start selling off our own guys. This team is going nowhere.

8. Do you think Andy Reid, or any other competent coach, would find a role on offense for Kene Nwangwu? This guy is supposed to be a speedster with good moves and you don’t have a play or 2 for him to work into the offense? His only role last night was to watch kickoffs go over his head. Why even activate him? This team does not use their weapons. Maybe some of Ham’s plays could have gone to him.

9. Of course Hunter goes down the week we “trade” (give away) Weatherly. Saw he recorded a sack too.

10. Barr, Mackenzie and Dantzler have to make that tackle on 3rd down. One of the many reasons we lost that game. I’ve never seen a Vikings team so bad at tackling. Other than maybe Kendricks and Hunter the RB’s/WR’s always get the extra yard or 5 after we hit them. When Dallas was hitting us yesterday we were going backwards. Total opposite when we were hitting guys.

Not happening with their contracts.
Post #: 823
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:34:58 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

It was like the night Josh Freeman was out there.

Compounded by the 'fact' the Cowboys said we are going to come out playing smashmouth football and control the LOS.

They beat Zimmer at his own game.

I knew we were going to lose when the idiot Zimmer said he was going to continue to establish the run coming out of the half. Because I believed he believed that.
Post #: 824
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:37:01 AM   
Ush

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ush

My $.02 cents:

Not happening with their contracts.

Gotta try! This fish stinks from the head down. Time to clean house.
Post #: 825
Page:   <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode