Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:38:10 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ush

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ush

My $.02 cents:

1. I really don’t know what to say. This may be the worst of many worst games in a while. I thought the Detroit game was bad but we somehow ended up winning. That makes this one worse IMO. So many chances to win. The refs gifted us a 1st and G at about the 5 and we still end up with a FG. I texted my buddy at that time and said “great....now we’ll lost 20-16”.

2. The clock management has been horrible for years. Same coach and QB for a few years and it still happens. Kirk says he leaves the TO’s to the coach. Zimmer can’t even remember that he just called a TO late in the game in a critical situation. The 2 “leaders” of this team really can’t be trusted.

3. It’s time.....lose Cousins, Zimmer and Spielman. Tank the season and start over. Get what you can for guys like Theilen, Harrison and anyone else who is longer in the tooth and won’t be contributing when we are rebuilt in a couple/few years.

4. Our main issue, IMO, is interior line on both sides of the ball. Bradbury gets rag-dolled all game long and Udoh is a penalty machine because he gets beat off the ball so quickly. On defense, we just can’t stop the run. A bad run for the other team is 2-3 yds. A bad run for us is minus 5. That kills our team on both sides of the ball. When the ball is run on 1st down, are always 2nd and 12 while the other team is 2nd and 7. That is the crux of our problem. Spielman tried to fix that problem defensively by signing Pierce and Tomlinson. Barr and Kendricks are back and healthy. How is it that we can’t stop the run?!?

5. We lost to Cooper Rush

6. Knock the ball down Breeland! The 1st time you’re actually in the same area code of the WR all game and it bounces off your chest into the hands of the WR?!?

7. If we had won last night in any kind of decent fashion I would have been yelling to trade for a CB. After that mess, I think we need to start selling off our own guys. This team is going nowhere.

8. Do you think Andy Reid, or any other competent coach, would find a role on offense for Kene Nwangwu? This guy is supposed to be a speedster with good moves and you don’t have a play or 2 for him to work into the offense? His only role last night was to watch kickoffs go over his head. Why even activate him? This team does not use their weapons. Maybe some of Ham’s plays could have gone to him.

9. Of course Hunter goes down the week we “trade” (give away) Weatherly. Saw he recorded a sack too.

10. Barr, Mackenzie and Dantzler have to make that tackle on 3rd down. One of the many reasons we lost that game. I’ve never seen a Vikings team so bad at tackling. Other than maybe Kendricks and Hunter the RB’s/WR’s always get the extra yard or 5 after we hit them. When Dallas was hitting us yesterday we were going backwards. Total opposite when we were hitting guys.

Not happening with their contracts.

Gotta try! This fish stinks from the head down. Time to clean house.

I can't believe any owner allowed these idiotic contracts.
Post #: 826
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:38:29 AM   
Bill Johanesen

2022 Cap Hits
Cousins - 45
Smith - 13.5
Thielen - 17

75.5 million.

In 2023, Smith and Thielen are at 35 million.
Post #: 827
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:40:18 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

2022 Cap Hits
Cousins - 45
Smith - 13.5
Thielen - 17

75.5 million.

Maybe we just cut them and field the Gophers next season. And the season after that.
Post #: 828
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:40:30 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Pierce will be getting paid well in 22 and 23 as well.

Cook too of course.

What GM, besides a desperate low-tier one, is going to want that mess?
Post #: 829
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:43:29 AM   
stfrank

quote:

2022 Cap Hits
Cousins - 45
Smith - 13.5
Thielen - 17

75.5 million.

Maybe we need to do a Wild and cut them all, take our cap hits, and start with a clean slate when we are out cap hell.
Maybe for a parting gift Spielman can get us a couple of 6th round draft picks in the process.
Post #: 830
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:44:09 AM   
Bill Johanesen

We'd have to give draft picks away to teams with a cap surplus for them to take Cousins.

Then Spielman can say he was a pioneer modeling his methods after the NBA. Giving KC the first ever 100% guaranteed contract was just the start with this clown.
Post #: 831
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:44:31 AM   
Todd M

I don't have a problem with AT getting paid.

Cousins $ will hurt a lot. Especially paying for a guy that's not on the team.

Harrison do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around Smith's is an albatross.
Post #: 832
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:46:55 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

That last sentence is so spot on. Harrison looked like a total moron.
Post #: 833
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:48:12 AM   
Ush

quote:

Agreed. Theilen is the only one I don’t have a problem with. I doubt teams were going to be banging down Smith’s door. Spielman/Zimmer overvalue our existing players. You need to inject new, young guys each season. It helps with cap issues, player motivation, etc. We continue to reward underperforming players.
Post #: 834
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:49:12 AM   
Murph

quote:

I thought I'd heard that Cousins would count $10 million against the cap if we trade/waive or release after June 1st?

Maybe I misheard but that number, if accurate or close is manageable for a 1 year rebuild.

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 835
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:51:37 AM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murph

quote:

I thought I'd heard that Cousins would count $10 million against the cap if we trade/waive or release after June 1st?

Maybe I misheard but that number, if accurate or close is manageable for a 1 year rebuild.

If that is the case I would do it in a heartbeat!
Post #: 836
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:51:51 AM   
Lars

Many have shared my thoughts already, but I'm gonna vent, too!

That was what we brought to that game after a bye? Wow.

The clock management was sooooo bad. Again.

Our OL got weaker as the game went on.

Poor playcalling and design.

Cooper ****ing Rush?!

Missed tackles all over the place.

"Stars" on defense are a big disappointment (other than EK, IMHO).

I don't really watch much NFL any more, for lots of reasons, and mostly watch MN games on DVR ( so I can skip the commercials). Wasted 3+ hours watching that steaming pile of shit last night. Ugh.

This team is going to implode this year. The next few weeks are going to be a bloodbath.

Time for Spielman and Zimmer to go. Period. They have had their shot.

<this space for rent>
Post #: 837
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:55:28 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lars

Many have shared my thoughts already, but I'm gonna vent, too!

That was what we brought to that game after a bye? Wow.

The clock management was sooooo bad. Again.

Our OL got weaker as the game went on.

Poor playcalling and design.

Cooper ****ing Rush?!

Missed tackles all over the place.

"Stars" on defense are a big disappointment (other than EK, IMHO).

I don't really watch much NFL any more, for lots of reasons, and mostly watch MN games on DVR ( so I can skip the commercials). Wasted 3+ hours watching that steaming pile of shit last night. Ugh.

This team is going to implode this year. The next few weeks are going to be a bloodbath.

Time for Spielman and Zimmer to go. Period. They have had their shot.

Honestly Lars the NFL could belly up and I don't think I'd even care at this point. It's become a terrible product full of losers that don't play hard anyways. I used to think there's no way i could be the same without Vikings football. Now I at least know I'd get over it fairly quickly.
Post #: 838
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:56:00 AM   
David F.

The Titans need a RB. Could we eat $13 million by trading Cook? Mattison could get us a nice pick.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 839
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:56:35 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

The Titans need a RB. Could we eat $13 million by trading Cook? Mattison could get us a nice pick.

I'd trade Cook to them in an instant.
Post #: 840
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:59:01 AM   
Todd M

I don't know the exact in and outs the Cousins contract but I don't bring him back.

Take our lumps now and in 2022. We need a hard reset. Make everyone
available for the right price. Pick a QB with a top pick after 2022.

I can take them losing if we can move on from this crap.
Post #: 841
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:59:50 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

I don't know the exact in and outs the Cousins contract but I don't bring him back.

Take our lumps now and in 2022. We need a hard reset. Make everyone
available for the right price. Pick a QB with a top pick after 2022.

I can take them losing if we can move on from this crap.

Agree
Post #: 842
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 10:01:13 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

Where's KG??
Post #: 843
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 10:11:58 AM   
Murph

Sums up some of my feelings. I just want a Super Bowl not hope to make the playoffs every other year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/01/its-time-for-the-just-good-enough-vikings-to-say-enough/

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 844
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 10:13:28 AM   
Jeff Jesser

I've sat on this thought for weeks because it's not fun, at any level, to even bring it up. Does anyone else notice how Zimmer shakes when they do close ups on him? His play card is moving all over the place when he's trying to cover his face and hide his call. With him not remembering he just called timeout, and that, it gets you to think he's either:

A. scared to death out there
B. he has underlying medical stuff going on

I want change, like all of us, but from a human perspective...I hope like hell that I'm either crazy or it's A.
Post #: 845
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 10:18:06 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

I've sat on this thought for weeks because it's not fun, at any level, to even bring it up. Does anyone else notice how Zimmer shakes when they do close ups on him? His play card is moving all over the place when he's trying to cover his face and hide his call. With him not remembering he just called timeout, and that, it gets you to think he's either:

I want change, like all of us, but from a human perspective...I hope like hell that I'm either crazy or it's A.

Noticed the same. Either way I don't think being an NFL coach is going to help him.
Post #: 846
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 10:18:59 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

I've also noticed. He has the physical appearance of an alcoholic.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 847
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 10:20:02 AM   
The Happy Norseman

The key to next year is ensuring Zimmer is not on the Vikings staff. Bring in an offensive minded coach, and do whatever it takes to find a Center and a Guard, and next year the Vikings can compete. The D is a mess, so focus on making the offense top 5. The Vikings have a ton of talent at the skill positions: Jefferson, Thielen, Osborn, Cook, Mattison, Conklin, Smith. With some legitimate play calling and a competent oline, the team can win without blowing everything up. But if Zimmer is still the Vikings coach next year then all hope is lost.

If the Cubs can win the World Series...
Post #: 848
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 10:22:53 AM   
David F.

OMG Paul Charchian is livid today. He's a great follow on Twitter.

Post #: 849
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 10:24:28 AM   
David F.

Courtney Cronin
@CourtneyRCronin
was a mess again last night, and here's what Cousins said when asked whether he has the ability to call a TO in that situation.

Cousins: "I just let Zim handle the timeouts, because I never know quite what the coaches want to do with what they're thinking, a play ahead or what

Post #: 850
Page:   <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode