Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 10:25:01 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Courtney Cronin
@CourtneyRCronin
was a mess again last night, and here's what Cousins said when asked whether he has the ability to call a TO in that situation.

Cousins: "I just let Zim handle the timeouts, because I never know quite what the coaches want to do with what they're thinking, a play ahead or what

Cousins is weak!
Post #: 851
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 10:31:57 AM   
geoffrey greitzer

This team was the weaker team. period. I have been a fan a loooooong time. I don't remember being pushed around like this. ever. Dallas...Flipping Dallas in our house was beating the Vikings to a pulp. We are all the bad ass players? Zimmer has made a mockery of this team.

New blocking rules put small OL out to pasture. Bradbury is a bust. Wyatt Davis? RG is a joke as well.

Harrison Smith waaaay over paid. That contract was insane. Barr? Come on. pretty boy..no toughness.

Cook seems not right. Less power and speed. He is hurt, a lot.

Zygi, no way he fires anytime soon. He's milk toast as well.

The cracks are showing. Theilan called out Zimmer last night.

Slick Rick has to go too. No way both go during season.

Give me heart, drive, and toughness and I'll almost be there. Zimmer has has plenty of time... Please get rid of him...Andre!!
Post #: 852
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 10:33:32 AM   
geoffrey greitzer

...always
Post #: 853
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 10:34:49 AM   
David Levine

Ben Goessling@GoesslingStrib
Danielle Hunter is having an MRI on his injured shoulder this morning, but the initial concern was the defensive end tore his pectoral muscle, according to a league source. If that turns out to be the case, it’d be a massive blow for the #Vikings defense.
Post #: 854
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 10:38:09 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Courtney Cronin
@CourtneyRCronin
was a mess again last night, and here's what Cousins said when asked whether he has the ability to call a TO in that situation.

Cousins: "I just let Zim handle the timeouts, because I never know quite what the coaches want to do with what they're thinking, a play ahead or what

Superstar contract, game manager outlook.
Post #: 855
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 10:38:58 AM   
David F.

Adam Thielen calls out Vikings after loss to Cooper Rush-led Cowboys
After the game, Adam Thielen took to the podium and directed his ire at the entire Vikings locker room and coaching staff. He didn’t call anyone out by name, rather he placed the blame for the embarrassing showing on the entire team.

We gotta quit just hanging in games. Every game we just hang around, hang around, let the team hang around, instead of putting our foot on the gas and going,” Thielen said.

That's directed right at Zimmer.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 856
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 10:40:38 AM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ush

My $.02 cents:

1. I really don’t know what to say. This may be the worst of many worst games in a while. I thought the Detroit game was bad but we somehow ended up winning. That makes this one worse IMO. So many chances to win. The refs gifted us a 1st and G at about the 5 and we still end up with a FG. I texted my buddy at that time and said “great....now we’ll lost 20-16”.

2. The clock management has been horrible for years. Same coach and QB for a few years and it still happens. Kirk says he leaves the TO’s to the coach. Zimmer can’t even remember that he just called a TO late in the game in a critical situation. The 2 “leaders” of this team really can’t be trusted.

3. It’s time.....lose Cousins, Zimmer and Spielman. Tank the season and start over. Get what you can for guys like Theilen, Harrison and anyone else who is longer in the tooth and won’t be contributing when we are rebuilt in a couple/few years.

4. Our main issue, IMO, is interior line on both sides of the ball. Bradbury gets rag-dolled all game long and Udoh is a penalty machine because he gets beat off the ball so quickly. On defense, we just can’t stop the run. A bad run for the other team is 2-3 yds. A bad run for us is minus 5. That kills our team on both sides of the ball. When the ball is run on 1st down, are always 2nd and 12 while the other team is 2nd and 7. That is the crux of our problem. Spielman tried to fix that problem defensively by signing Pierce and Tomlinson. Barr and Kendricks are back and healthy. How is it that we can’t stop the run?!?

5. We lost to Cooper Rush

6. Knock the ball down Breeland! The 1st time you’re actually in the same area code of the WR all game and it bounces off your chest into the hands of the WR?!?

7. If we had won last night in any kind of decent fashion I would have been yelling to trade for a CB. After that mess, I think we need to start selling off our own guys. This team is going nowhere.

8. Do you think Andy Reid, or any other competent coach, would find a role on offense for Kene Nwangwu? This guy is supposed to be a speedster with good moves and you don’t have a play or 2 for him to work into the offense? His only role last night was to watch kickoffs go over his head. Why even activate him? This team does not use their weapons. Maybe some of Ham’s plays could have gone to him.

9. Of course Hunter goes down the week we “trade” (give away) Weatherly. Saw he recorded a sack too.

10. Barr, Mackenzie and Dantzler have to make that tackle on 3rd down. One of the many reasons we lost that game. I’ve never seen a Vikings team so bad at tackling. Other than maybe Kendricks and Hunter the RB’s/WR’s always get the extra yard or 5 after we hit them. When Dallas was hitting us yesterday we were going backwards. Total opposite when we were hitting guys.

Excellent Summary, as usual Ush.
Post #: 857
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 10:42:58 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

2022 Cap Hits
Cousins - 45
Smith - 13.5
Thielen - 17

75.5 million.

In 2023, Smith and Thielen are at 35 million.

I have seen some players being traded and ... their former team agreeing to pay part of their compensation ... bonuses, etc. - to make the trade happen.

Is that impossible with Cousins' contract? Pay out 25M or whatever so some other equally desperate team gets a starter at whatever rate they are willing to go? Don't know who would do that or for how much ...

The hard reset that Todd mentions is critical. Otherwise we are just prolonging the transitional period from a vastly over-paid and under-performing team to building a new version with a different mindset.
Post #: 858
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 10:48:08 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

Courtney Cronin
@CourtneyRCronin

That is an astonishing quote from a 10 yr vet.

According to McCarthy, even freakin' Cooper Rush has the ability to make in-game decisions ... to paraphrase the quote last night, "he's on the field seeing things unfold so sure Cooper can make changes, etc".

I don't remember if that was directed at time outs but how could you not call TO in the first half regardless?

As Immortal Joe would say, "Mediocre!!!"

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 11/1/2021 10:52:42 AM >
Post #: 859
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 10:54:28 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

Courtney Cronin
@CourtneyRCronin

According to McCarthy, even freakin' Cooper Rush has the ability to make in-game decisions ... to paraphrase the quote last night, "he's on the field seeing things unfold so sure Cooper can make changes, etc".

I don't remember if that was directed at time outs but how could you not call TO in the first half regardless?

I don't think McCarthy is anything more than an average HC, but where he's light years ahead of Zimmer is in the "role of HC".

He has very good coordinators and he lets them do their job. Cooper Rush was struggling early, but they never changed or dumbed down the gameplan for him. They just kept letting him throw the ball and eventually good (enough) things happened.

He didn't like their defense in his first season, so he brought in a new DC this year and its paying dividends.

Zimmer on the other hand has his stink all over both sides of the ball. And he has made sure that there is no one on the staff that would be a clear upgrade to him.
Post #: 860
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 10:55:34 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

Courtney Cronin
@CourtneyRCronin

I don't think McCarthy is anything more than an average HC, but where he's light years ahead of Zimmer is in the "role of HC".

He has very good coordinators and he lets them do their job. Cooper Rush was struggling early, but they never changed or dumbed down the gameplan for him. They just kept letting him throw the ball and eventually good (enough) things happened.

He didn't like their defense in his first season, so he brought in a new DC this year and its paying dividends.

Zimmer on the other hand has his stink all over both sides of the ball. And he has made sure that there is no one on the staff that would be a clear upgrade to him.

Zimmer's compulsion to control is legendary.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 861
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 10:58:48 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Who, who.. what team, desperate or not.. wants an” NFL caliber starting QB” who can’t risk a throw past the sticks on third down.

I thought the offense flashed a few times this season, but on reflection, it was more that the defenses that gave up those flashy plays, were a bit under prepared, or flat, to start games..

but then the better coaching kicked in, defenses clamp down on Zimmer ball tendencies,

Teams counted on ..and executed the basics…
“ throw at Breeland, constantly.. completion city…”

“pick an offensive lineman and bullrush/ speed rush at him.. a holding call is guaranteed…”

“ man under and safety over coverage on the wides… jump the routes or setup to insta tackle the “ safe throw” , because that is The Mado- cousins-orian Way..”

Fn cousins is a Pussy..

Overpaid, under achieving, nice guy, with no clue how to be a winner..

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 11/1/2021 11:02:21 AM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 862
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 11:00:25 AM   
Tom Sykes

I can't even fathom that Cousins is unable to call a TO with the clock running out ...

Yeah, lets have Zimmer to do it ... he'll let the clock run out or call multiple TOs for penalties .... that's a great plan.
Post #: 863
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 11:06:09 AM   
kevinemmer

In stark contrast to our guys, (except EK)

Micah Parsons is a one-man wrecking ball.
Post #: 864
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 11:09:55 AM   
David Levine

One of the most frustrating things last night was 3rd down.

It wasn't just that we were 1/13 and Dallas was 7/14. Its how it happened.

Every 3rd down pass we threw was to a covered target well short of the sticks. We literally had no chance on most of them.

Conversely, on almost every 3rd down for Dallas, they had a WIDE OPEN target sitting down 2-3 yards past the sticks for an easy pitch and catch conversion.

100% coaching.
Post #: 865
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 11:11:55 AM   
David Levine

quote:

After the game, Adam Thielen took to the podium and directed his ire at the entire Vikings locker room and coaching staff. He didn’t call anyone out by name, rather he placed the blame for the embarrassing showing on the entire team.

We gotta quit just hanging in games. Every game we just hang around, hang around, let the team hang around, instead of putting our foot on the gas and going,” Thielen said.

How long before Jefferson becomes Diggs 2.0?
Post #: 866
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 11:12:15 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

No single stat..

Points to bad coaching and QB play than 1/13 on crucial third downs..

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 867
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 11:14:49 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

How long before Jefferson becomes Diggs 2.0?

I wouldn't want to play year after year for these clowns. Enough is enough
Post #: 868
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 11:16:11 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

In stark contrast to our guys, (except EK)

Micah Parsons is a one-man wrecking ball.

Yes, he is very good

but honestly, it was so hard to get through the cloying insufferable broadcast commentary last night ...

I was sitting there appalled at our team, sponging my head like Marlon Brando whispering 'the horror, the horror'

and Collinsworth is gleefully deifying the prowess of Cowboy defenders feasting on our ineptitude.
Post #: 869
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 11:16:28 AM   
Hats4Bats

WHERE ARE the Wilfies??....Chicken Shits. Show some guts

Hats for Bats - - Keep Bats warm
Post #: 870
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 11:18:49 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Chris Collinsworth is climbing the ladder of Joe Suck unwatchable/ STFU like a monkey on a ripe banana tree…

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 871
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 11:38:29 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Chris Collinsworth is climbing the ladder of Joe Suck unwatchable/ STFU like a monkey on a ripe banana tree…

I specifically remember Collinsworth being terrible going back to Tom Osborns first national championship. He was just as bad then. His son is no picnic either.
Post #: 872
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 11:48:51 AM   
David F.

Von Miller to the Rams!

Post #: 873
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 11:50:14 AM   
paulgly

I've had season tickets since 2004 so I've seen several crowds with a sense of resignation, apathy, whatever. We're there folks...and I can't blame anyone. It was very much a 'prove it' crowd and they did nothing. Any time the fans started to get involved, there would be a 3rd down conversion, 3 and out, etc.

Can't add much to what anyone else said. This is as bad a loss as I can remember. We're going nowhere with the current regime which pains me to say because I was team Zim/Spiel until pretty much the Philly game where Zim got his coaching ass handed to him. We're 2 years late in the rebuild, but I will say if it's any consolation I feel like it's finally going to happen. Zim is getting murdered on Twitter - and not just by casual fans. The only hope is that he and Spiel are truly a package deal. Spiels continued whiffs on high round draft picks (with a few obvious exceptions) and misguided contract extensions (most of which were identified when they were happening) are also a major reason we are what we are.

Cousins is the ultimate tease because he can play but he's so damn robotic. I can't freaking believe he is unwilling and/or not allowed to take timeouts in the 2 minute drill. When I saw that today, I almost spit out my Irish coffee.
Post #: 874
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 12:08:48 PM   
David F.

Oh boy...

Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz
Thielen: "If you're not frustrated, there's something wrong with you, and you shouldn't be on this team, you shouldn't be a coach."

Post #: 875
Page:   <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode