Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  76 77 [78] 79 80   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/18/2021 4:07:29 PM   
ambear

Breeland indeed gone, good f&^kn riddance.
Post #: 1926
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/18/2021 4:20:11 PM   
Ricky J

Ben Goessling @BenGoessling
·
12m
Source said the altercation between Bashaud Breeland and teammates at practice today started with normal trash talk between players, but escalated to the point where GM Rick Spielman had to step in. That's obviously a pretty quick way to hit the point of no return.
Post #: 1927
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/18/2021 7:06:24 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

·
12m
Source said the altercation between Bashaud Breeland and teammates at practice today started with normal trash talk between players, but escalated to the point where GM Rick Spielman had to step in. That's obviously a pretty quick way to hit the point of no return.

Geez. What a child. I'm glad he found his way out of here, but why did it take a gm to step in and fix it? Where were the coaches?
Post #: 1928
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/18/2021 7:14:11 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

·
12m

Geez. What a child. I'm glad he found his way out of here, but why did it take a gm to step in and fix it? Where were the coaches?

Zimmer's a wrestler, coached by his dad, I'm sure he wasn't afraid to do anything Rick did. Maybe Rick was showing off or they're just sensationalizing it ...
Post #: 1929
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/18/2021 7:14:22 PM   
Ricky J

Ben Goessling
@BenGoessling
·
8m
While Mike Zimmer wouldn't discuss it today, sources have said this week they expect Christian Darrisaw to be back at left tackle Monday night, with Mason Cole staying at right guard.

The line would look like this:
LT: Darrisaw
LG: Cleveland
C: Bradbury
RG: Cole
RT: O'Neill
Post #: 1930
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/18/2021 7:22:06 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

Ben Goessling
@BenGoessling
·
8m
While Mike Zimmer wouldn't discuss it today, sources have said this week they expect Christian Darrisaw to be back at left tackle Monday night, with Mason Cole staying at right guard.

I'm okay with that line setup, but when are we going to see what Davis has to offer? We have to figure out what he can do before too long, because it could affect the draft strategy next year.
Post #: 1931
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/18/2021 7:35:58 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

Ben Goessling
@BenGoessling
·
8m

I'm okay with that line setup, but when are we going to see what Davis has to offer? We have to figure out what he can do before too long, because it could affect the draft strategy next year.

Yep. They got four of the five correct. Maybe zimmer will let Davis play in 2023 if the kid can practice correctly.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1932
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/18/2021 8:29:46 PM   
Ricky J

Shti, all we need is to get beat by Flip - that'd be a period on the season for sure

- and I'll be at the game with my boys

Courtney Cronin
@CourtneyRCronin
·
2h
John DeFilippo, who was the Vikings OC during the 2018 season, will step in as OC in Chicago on Monday if Bill Lazor is not cleared from the COVID-19 list in time for the Vikings-Bears game.
Post #: 1933
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/19/2021 2:06:51 AM   
ratoppenheimer

Courtney Cronin@CourtneyRCronin
Bashaud Breeland had a tough year on the field, but it's bizarre to see a starting corner released this late into the season with as little depth as Minnesota has at the position.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1934
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/19/2021 7:33:37 AM   
TJSweens

As thin as our corner depth is, Breeland was a starter because of Zimmer's stubbornness. The Steelers rally last week was largely fueled by Rothlisberger going right after Breeland. The guy also whiffs on more tackles than Sendejo used to.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1935
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/19/2021 7:52:07 AM   
Bill Jandro

Dantzler is the better player anyhow.

Addition by subtraction.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1936
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/19/2021 9:04:56 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

TBH, saying Dantzler is a better player anyway, is like saying a moldy bologna sandwich is better than a shit sandwich…

Zimmer, “I can find cover corners at any 7-11” is lost on how to defend a modern offense.

Nothing grinds my gears more than watching his defenses go into soft coverage turtle mode when up by 4+ points.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1937
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/19/2021 9:09:50 AM  1 votes
stfrank

This whole thing reeks of bad management from the top down..........
If there aren't major changes this upcoming offseason, than I see no point in even following this team any more.
Zimmer has lost this team as we have become just a group of players out there earning a paycheck and not really a team with a common purpose.
Post #: 1938
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/19/2021 1:38:07 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

This whole thing reeks of bad management from the top down..........
If there aren't major changes this upcoming offseason, than I see no point in even following this team any more.
Zimmer has lost this team as we have become just a group of players out there earning a paycheck and not really a team with a common purpose.

Word is one of the Wilf's ruptured something from laughing so hard at the bolded part.
Post #: 1939
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/19/2021 1:51:34 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Mezuzah… now Detroit is schooling AZ..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1940
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/19/2021 2:58:51 PM   
odin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Mezuzah… now Detroit is schooling AZ..

That's crazy, at least we might not be the only ones.
Both Zylsatras have receptions today . Shane is ls playing TE for the Lions. Brandon is playing WR and kicking off for the Panthers due to their kicker's injury.
Post #: 1941
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/19/2021 4:15:30 PM   
odin

Bogus roughing call helps Erin Degeneres and the fudgepackers get a TD. Degeneres flops when pushed lightly outside the hashmark

< Message edited by odin -- 12/19/2021 4:16:54 PM >
Post #: 1942
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/19/2021 4:34:13 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Courtney Cronin@CourtneyRCronin
Bashaud Breeland had a tough year on the field, but it's bizarre to see a starting corner released this late into the season with as little depth as Minnesota has at the position.

If we can't find a corner on the/a practice squad as good or better than the worst starting corner in the NFL what's the point anyway ...
Post #: 1943
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/19/2021 5:01:35 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

·
12m

Zimmer's a wrestler, coached by his dad, I'm sure he wasn't afraid to do anything Rick did. Maybe Rick was showing off or they're just sensationalizing it ...

Zimmer would have a heart attack. He couldn't even handle Cousins on that weird sideline 'celebration'. Maybe he could tag team with Bradbury.

Or Bobo Brazil: https://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/gallery/bobobrazil.html

Or Bob Sapp.
Post #: 1944
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/19/2021 6:39:11 PM   
Ricky J

Paul Charchian
@PaulCharchian
·
9h
Bashaud Breeland ranks among all NFL CBs:
- Missed tackles, worst (10)
- TDs allowed, 5th worst (6)
- Targeted, 5th worst (85)
- Receptions, 2nd worst (59)
- Passer rating, 10th worst (112)
The entire Bears gameplan got thrown out the window yesterday.
Post #: 1945
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/19/2021 6:40:56 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

·
12m

Zimmer would have a heart attack. He couldn't even handle Cousins on that weird sideline 'celebration'. Maybe he could tag team with Bradbury.

Or Bob Sapp.

Cousins celebration push? ha ha

Zimmer would kick Rick's ass in a New York minute.
Post #: 1946
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/19/2021 7:37:44 PM   
Todd M

If we win and Washington loses do we have the tie breaker over Philadelphia?

Not that it'll ultimately matter...I can see us losing 3 of our next 4 more than I can see winning all 4. Even winnig 3 out of 4 will be tough and that might not get us in.
Post #: 1947
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/19/2021 9:52:49 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

·
12m

Or Bob Sapp.

Cousins celebration push? ha ha

Zimmer would kick Rick's ass in a New York minute.

Some say it was Norv Turner that messed up zimmer’s eye with a punch to the face.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1948
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/20/2021 12:55:08 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

If we win and Washington loses do we have the tie breaker over Philadelphia?

Not that it'll ultimately matter...I can see us losing 3 of our next 4 more than I can see winning all 4. Even winnig 3 out of 4 will be tough and that might not get us in.

Or the Aints?
Post #: 1949
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/20/2021 7:51:37 AM   
Bill Jandro

Chi entire starting secondary out tonight plus two backups.

However, Goldberg and Hicks will both be playing so look for Zim to try and establish the run all night.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1950
Page:   <<   < prev  76 77 [78] 79 80   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  76 77 [78] 79 80   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode