Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  78 79 [80] 81 82   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/21/2021 12:41:38 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

If we win and Washington loses do we have the tie breaker over Philadelphia?

Not that it'll ultimately matter...I can see us losing 3 of our next 4 more than I can see winning all 4. Even winnig 3 out of 4 will be tough and that might not get us in.

Now just get by LA ... at home!

Home safe?

Not yet. Got a room close by the stadium. Jake flew in from Norfolk - went with my two boys.

What a great time. My kids had as much fun laughing at the Bear fans going nuts as they did the win.
Post #: 1976
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/21/2021 6:34:27 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

From the daily norseman:

ESPN's sideline reporter saying that Zimmer said at halftime that the Vikings are "throwing the ball way too much."

Honest to God, I give up.

He's an idiot. Looks like there were about twice as many pass plays called in the first half than the second.

2nd half possessions
- Initial: 77 yards for a TD helped by a key Bears penalty.
- Last five: averaged six yards. 3 and out four times (the other was six plays) including back to back drives due to the Bears fumbling the punt where six plays totaled -3 yards.

How about "We need to pass better, from blocking to route running to hitting the open man."
Post #: 1977
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/21/2021 6:35:20 AM   
Bill Johanesen

We need to stop using the word "Drives" for 3 and outs, and call it "Stalls".
Post #: 1978
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/21/2021 6:50:56 AM   
Bill Johanesen

At 7-7 after that shit show, it is difficult to be excited that we are still 'in the hunt' due to league wide mediocrity and half the teams making the playoffs.

- Bears are a COVID ward
- Fields is a rookie QB that so far has no clue
- Bears are totally undisciplined
- Nagy has to be a lame duck
Post #: 1979
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/21/2021 7:36:24 AM   
ambear

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

At 7-7 after that shit show, it is difficult to be excited that we are still 'in the hunt' due to league wide mediocrity and half the teams making the playoffs.

- Bears are a COVID ward
- Fields is a rookie QB that so far has no clue
- Bears are totally undisciplined
- Nagy has to be a lame duck

I would say lame ducks on both sides.
Post #: 1980
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/21/2021 7:38:35 AM   
Todd M

Could someone clarify the Cousins run in the 3rd qtr that ended up being short.

Was there an official review?

Didn't seem like it.

I wasn't able to pay perfect attention at work but even looking at the replay...I don't get what happened.
Post #: 1981
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/21/2021 8:27:19 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

quote:

From the daily norseman:

ESPN's sideline reporter saying that Zimmer said at halftime that the Vikings are "throwing the ball way too much."

He's an idiot. Looks like there were about twice as many pass plays called in the first half than the second.

2nd half possessions
- Last five: averaged six yards. 3 and out four times (the other was six plays) including back to back drives due to the Bears fumbling the punt where six plays totaled -3 yards.

How about "We need to pass better, from blocking to route running to hitting the open man."

Zimmer is like a scared bowl of shaking jello. All twisted up inside when he gets a lead, instead of doing things to get the win he is busy with mental gymnastics on how not to lose.

I don't necessarily want San Diego crazy but Zimmer isn't head coaching material in this era of football.
Post #: 1982
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/21/2021 8:56:58 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

Didn't seem like it.

I wasn't able to pay perfect attention at work but even looking at the replay...I don't get what happened.

Yes, please. I'd like to know, too.
Then we can get right back to how everything about the Vikings suck!
Post #: 1983
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/21/2021 10:19:52 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Didn't seem like it.

Refs are kind of bending the rules this year with help from above. I've seen many games where the refs made a call, they huddled up, then changed call. And there is no way they should have changed the call without video help.

I think what happened last night is the refs saw the replay, didn't want to make Nagy use up a challenge, and changed the spot.

It was the right call. The new rule is, even if a QB goes head first, he is ruled down when his knee or elbow hits the ground.
Post #: 1984
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/21/2021 10:31:59 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

quote:

From the daily norseman:

2nd half possessions

Zimmer is like a scared bowl of shaking jello. All twisted up inside when he gets a lead, instead of doing things to get the win he is busy with mental gymnastics on how not to lose.

I don't necessarily want San Diego crazy but Zimmer isn't head coaching material in this era of football.

That quote killed me.

Passing too much?

Their entire ssecondary was out. They were starting fourth stringers and practice squaders.

They should have been attacking the Bears secondary all night long. Instead we get checkdown incompletion, Run Cook into a mass of humanity, fail to convert 3rd down and punt for most of the second half.

The Vikings were awful in this game. The two reasons we won were the Bears inability to run an effective red zone offense. and the refs making numerous terrible calls.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 1985
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/21/2021 10:38:40 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

From the daily norseman:

2nd half possessions

That quote killed me.

Passing too much?

Their entire ssecondary was out. They were starting fourth stringers and practice squaders.

They should have been attacking the Bears secondary all night long. Instead we get checkdown incompletion, Run Cook into a mass of humanity, fail to convert 3rd down and punt for most of the second half.

The Vikings were awful in this game. The two reasons we won were the Bears inability to run an effective red zone offense. and the refs making numerous terrible calls.

Cook, who is very much injury prone, shouldn't need to see 28 carries and two short passes that were like runs, against one of the currently worst teams. Yes, we got the win. I get that. Good lord I've read that 4000 times on twitter this morning in response to any criticism of the game plan and/or performance. People are so simple minded.

What should have happened is that on prime time Monday Night Football we should have targeted Jefferson 15 to 16 times and let him cement his place as elite and make him a household name en route to a curb stomping win over a division foe. Instead we got a display of poop with a ref-aided win. I feel dirty.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1986
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/21/2021 10:56:21 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

From the daily norseman:

2nd half possessions

That quote killed me.

Passing too much?

I disagree with that. The Bears were just idiots. How about the head slap sack by Hicks that wasn't called? Or the personal foul called on our DL when Fields took the barely noticeable quick knee that even the refs didn't see live, but our DL is supposed to see when engaged with the OL?
Post #: 1987
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/21/2021 10:58:15 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

From the daily norseman:

2nd half possessions

That quote killed me.

Passing too much?

Cook, who is very much injury prone, shouldn't need to see 28 carries and two short passes that were like runs, against one of the currently worst teams. Yes, we got the win. I get that. Good lord I've read that 4000 times on twitter this morning in response to any criticism of the game plan and/or performance. People are so simple minded.

What should have happened is that on prime time Monday Night Football we should have targeted Jefferson 15 to 16 times and let him cement his place as elite and make him a household name en route to a curb stomping win over a division foe. Instead we got a display of poop with a ref-aided win. I feel dirty.

Was Mattison out? Ngwande actually looked pretty good on his runs from scrimmage.
Post #: 1988
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/21/2021 11:01:26 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

From the daily norseman:

2nd half possessions

That quote killed me.

Passing too much?

I disagree with that. The Bears were just idiots. How about the head slap sack by Hicks that wasn't called? Or the personal foul called on our DL when Fields took the barely noticeable quick knee that even the refs didn't see live, but our DL is supposed to see when engaged with the OL?

The refs were just bad across the board in this game.

On that play you reference where Fields "took a knee" I don't think his knee ever hit the ground.

Bears were stupid too be sure. but that second TD drive of ours was stopped by the Bears D more than once and questionable calls kept it alive.

Our offense was terrible.

Our QB threw for a mind numbingly bad Int. Less than 100 yards passing in the game (and according to Zimmer that was too much) our stud RB was pretty much held in check all game. It's a miracle we managed 17 points.

Post #: 1989
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/21/2021 11:01:59 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

From the daily norseman:

2nd half possessions

That quote killed me.

Passing too much?

Was Mattison out? Ngwande actually looked pretty good on his runs from scrimmage.

I think he was a COVID scratch for the game.

Post #: 1990
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/21/2021 11:02:32 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

From the daily norseman:

2nd half possessions

That quote killed me.

Passing too much?

The kneel down play by Fields was horrible officiating. I'm guessing a whistle didn't blow because everyone kept playing.

But, he(Lynch) did body slam him. Probably a penalty without the other confusion.
Post #: 1991
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/21/2021 11:07:25 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

From the daily norseman:

2nd half possessions

That quote killed me.

Passing too much?

The kneel down play by Fields was horrible officiating. I'm guessing a whistle didn't blow because everyone kept playing.

But, he(Lynch) did body slam him. Probably a penalty without the other confusion.

Not really a body slam, he did lift him as part of the tackle, but did not finish with a slam or with a body weight crunch.
Post #: 1992
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/21/2021 11:08:06 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

From the daily norseman:

2nd half possessions

That quote killed me.

Passing too much?

Look at the positives.

We won and we usually play well after a horrible game.
Post #: 1993
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/21/2021 11:17:55 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

From the daily norseman:

2nd half possessions

That quote killed me.

Passing too much?

The refs were just bad across the board in this game.

On that play you reference where Fields "took a knee" I don't think his knee ever hit the ground.

Bears were stupid too be sure. but that second TD drive of ours was stopped by the Bears D more than once and questionable calls kept it alive.

Our offense was terrible.

Our QB threw for a mind numbingly bad Int. Less than 100 yards passing in the game (and according to Zimmer that was too much) our stud RB was pretty much held in check all game. It's a miracle we managed 17 points.

What you call questionable calls I call good calls based on questionable rules.

And the INT was a result of Jefferson getting tripped up in the middle of his route, but not PI because it was the infamous "incidental contact", which I've always said should be at the core of DB coverage training, I mean, as long as the rule is there.
Post #: 1994
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/21/2021 11:24:19 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

From the daily norseman:

2nd half possessions

That quote killed me.

Passing too much?

Look at the positives.

We won and we usually play well after a horrible game.

A win is a win.

don't get me wrong I would take a 17-0 season just fine even if all wins were as ugly as this one. It's better than a loss.

But be very clear here. We didn't win this game per se. We just didn't lose it. The Bears did everything they could to submarine themselves. They shut down our offense (which shouldn't be hard considering our lackluster and predictable playcalling the was hampered by Zimmer's hatred of passing the ball). Our Offense did nothing yesterday. Two TD drives one significantly aided by the refs. and a lot of three and outs. Our defense allowed the Bears to chew up yardage like a rottweiler with a bone. It was the Bears terrible offense the allowed us to win this game.

The best Vikings defense yesterday was the Bears redzone offense.

Any other team would have stomped us the way we played. Including the Detroit Lions.

Our last game of the season barring a playoff run will be vs Chicago in Minnesota. and by the end of that day Neither HC may be employed.

Post #: 1995
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/21/2021 11:26:22 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

That JJ trip and interception was possibly the iconic Zimmer/ Cousins moment ofTHE game..

I about choked on my own bile.. the minute that ball started it’s rainbow, wobbly launch.. I called interception..

A fn pewee league safety on crutches could have hauled that duck in..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1996
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/21/2021 11:31:49 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

That JJ trip and interception was possibly the iconic Zimmer/ Cousins moment ofTHE game..

I about choked on my own bile.. the minute that ball started it’s rainbow, wobbly launch.. I called interception..

JJ was mauled on the play.

Tackled in his route.

It should have been flagged.

Another example of the piss poor officiating we got this game.

Post #: 1997
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/21/2021 11:39:26 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

Tackled in his route.

I have no problem with Cousins throwing that ball. It makes it a PI instead of holding.

But his reaction to the no call was embarrassing. Go get in an official's face. Brady would have sprinted after that back judge.

Having said all that. It seems that we got most of the calls after that play so I'm guessing the sideline was in the officials' ears about that play.
Post #: 1998
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/21/2021 12:09:26 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Tackled in his route.

I have no problem with Cousins throwing that ball. It makes it a PI instead of holding.

But his reaction to the no call was embarrassing. Go get in an official's face. Brady would have sprinted after that back judge.

Having said all that. It seems that we got most of the calls after that play so I'm guessing the sideline was in the officials' ears about that play.

Go watch the replay. Cousins threw that ball after Jefferson was already on the ground. In fact Jefferson was already getting back up. He needs to throw that ball directly at Jefferson while still on the ground so that the contact can't be ignored. Basically Cousins saw what he thought was holding, thought about it some more, paused for effect and then pooped out a soft fly ball to center field. Kirk needs to be able to think through the unfolding situation better and quicker. I've said that so many times with so many examples I'm just about ready to be done with it. His arm is elite and his football IQ is abysmal.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1999
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/21/2021 12:18:50 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Tackled in his route.

Go watch the replay. Cousins threw that ball after Jefferson was already on the ground. In fact Jefferson was already getting back up. He needs to throw that ball directly at Jefferson while still on the ground so that the contact can't be ignored. Basically Cousins saw what he thought was holding, thought about it some more, paused for effect and then pooped out a soft fly ball to center field. Kirk needs to be able to think through the unfolding situation better and quicker. I've said that so many times with so many examples I'm just about ready to be done with it. His arm is elite and his football IQ is abysmal.

Yeah. He should have thrown it to where he was, not where he was supposed to be going.

Thinking about it more, holding probably only call that should have been made. Uncatchable ball for PI.
Post #: 2000
Page:   <<   < prev  78 79 [80] 81 82   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  78 79 [80] 81 82   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode